• skinnytacular
    skinnytacular Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I love this group. For realz.
  • frenchfancy2014
    frenchfancy2014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Tuesday:

So 1 October - fresh month, fresh start. Going to be more active with the prompt of my Fitbit now. Up and at ‘em. Wishing you all a successful October. Just to do more healthy things is a start, but I am going to nail this exercise lark now 🥇

Waves to all.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

Desk packed and ready to go. Glad I started throwing things out, but I forgot the middle desk drawer (candy and first aid/dental)...... need more than one trip. Oh well.

Laura- I am with you on the walking (my exercise) my job will now have me glued to my desk, so trick is to walk after work.

Keeping sweets out of the house, I may have to make a new agreement with myself to not allow them.

Tuck up with Miss T for some more sleep after breakfast. Not sure how much lurking I can do at work being my first day and with trainer sitting next to me. So probably after work.

Wave to all who follow.
  • skinnytacular
    edited October 2019
    Options
    **Sara** Good luck with day 1 today!  You made it, you persevered through your toxic job situation! Good luck with day 1 today!  New month, new job! Perfect memes, too!

Laura--I love your idea of starting afresh, with renewed energy in Oct! My kitty is just old, and recently diagnosed with kidney disease. But, she's super set in her ways and refuses to eat a lot of the foods that would help her, let us give her fluids subcutaneously, or take her to the vet. So, there's little we can do for her without traumatizing her. 

Nik--I hope your busy week is going well so far and great job signing up for that Oct thread. What a great quote!

Lynn--Sorry to hear you struggled with the weekend, food-wise. Me too. But, we just have to keep chipping away at it. I see Laura is in the same boat, too. Obvs we are not alone!

Lana--Let's have coffee all around!

Tracy--I'm so sorry you had a bit of a relapse there. Congrats for breaking the spiral. That is huge. Losing weight and keeping it off is as much a mental endeavor as a physical one. Perhaps even more so! And, the very title of this thread, "Serial Starters" with 544 pages of us talking about struggling to lose weight and keep it off once and for all, is the perfect sign that you are not alone in your struggle. But, you can do this and are totally worth it. Just dust yourself off, and get back to what you know works. New month! New start!

Well, I had a mini binge last night. I came home tired and hungry from work hoping/expecting my husband had dinner (stuffed peppers) finished. He had browned the lean ground beef, sauteed the onions, and steamed the wild rice the day before and he told me as I was leaving work (35 minute commute) that he was in the kitchen with the oven on, so I just assumed the peppers would be in the oven with baking well underway, but when I got home I found that he hadn't even started! I love that my husband is willing to cook, but I am constantly taken aback by how inefficient he is in the kitchen. He sees the kitchen as a refuge of sorts, as a place to putter and there is no short-cut he is willing to take--ever. He has to do everything the old school way, no matter what. Still, he's willing to do the work in the kitchen that I am not, so I am grateful. Anyway, to stave off my hunger I ate a square of my child's pizza, a bunch of peanuts in the shell, and, oh gosh, I think that is all--BEFORE The stuffed peppers. But, then for some reason, I couldn't even stop the binge AFTER the stuffed peppers and kept going. So frustrating. I didn't record it all, but I think it was mostly healthy, grilled shrimp, popcorn, cabbage slaw, but the volume of it was problematic.  And, then of course, I felt too rotten to exercise. :( Anyway, today's a new day. 

Thank you all for being the amazingly, encouragingly supportive group you are! Wave to all who follow and all who lurk!
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Tuesday:

So 1 October - fresh month, fresh start. Going to be more active with the prompt of my Fitbit now. Up and at ‘em. Wishing you all a successful October. Just to do more healthy things is a start, but I am going to nail this exercise lark now 🥇

Waves to all.

I have a fit bit as well. Always up to challenges. My user name is brennerjlb I once put my email on here so people could find me on fitbit because I am techno challenged, but MFP scolded me. So feel free to try and find me. Or let me know if you wish what your user name is and I will try and find you :)
    Lynn
  • brennerjlb
    Options
    Sara! - good luck at the new job! I am excited for you and new adventures!
    Skinny - sorry to hear about the lack of dinner. Today is a new day.
    October 1 - frenchlady is correct. What are our goals. I am going to set a weight loss goal. Been holding a steady up and down since my first daughter's wedding. 2nd daughter gets married 3/14 So I have a little over 5 months. Here we go. My weight loss in my mind is a lifestyle changes. I know I cannot lose it and keep it off if I change things temporarily. So back to good food choices. Fuel my body, not my cravings. My goal for October is 4 lbs.

CW 186.6
    HW 209
    October 31 GW 182.0
    Waves to all
    Lurking - Lynn
  • ama3387
    ama3387 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Quick hello I’ll be on to update later! Happy Tuesday!
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your support and encouragement!

October 1--90 day goal = Lose 20 lbs

I need to be at 145 (or below) by January 1st. My life insurance premium will be reduced by $30 per month if I can reach that goal.

SW-222
    CW-165.4 (for those keeping score, that is 14 lbs above my lowest weight 151.4)
    GW-145 January 1, 2020
    UGW-100ish

• skinnytacular
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Hello all! I love the all the great goals. I have a milestone coming up in mid-November, about 5.5 weeks. I know a pound a week is considered a typical loss, but I'd really like to push it and have a round number on the scale to go with my milestone. So, I'm going to push hard and say to lose 9.4 lbs, which is a totally unlikely goal of 1.7 lbs per week. But, what are goals but to challenge you? :) So, here we go Oct.

Edited: Hmmmm...no matter how much I increase my exercise (I'm up to 90 minutes of exercise 6 days per week in the tool) I do in the guided goal tool in MFP, it won't give me a weight loss at more than 1.1 lb per week. I'm already at the calorie min per day of 1200.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Half way through week- how are we doing?

Cafe lunch is Chinese chicken salad not too high in salt.

Lots of dust at my last desk and congestion is the symptom of the day - worse than usual.

Lurking is debatable - training today.

Wave to all who follow.
  • skinnytacular
    Options
    Good morning all! I'm about to head downstairs to the elliptical machine. Hopefully I can get down there before my child wakes up and demands all of the attention. Sara, I hope day 2 goes well. Have a great day everyone!
  • fatoldladyonamission
    Options
    Hi All,

Sara I hope the dust situation improves for you and you have a good day.

Skinny, if you are already at 1200, can you increase activity to help? I know you said that you were doing the eliptical so hopefully that'll help too. I guess the only 'good thing' about being so fat is that you have a greater bulk to shift so you burn more calories each day through normal stuff. I think I usually burn about 3000 a day when only doing about 5000 steps, and nothing else. I dread to think how I was eating enough to continue gaining on that basis though! I hope you make your goal. Drink lots of water too, that always helps!

Waves to everyone else and hope you've all had a good hump day. I'm struggling with my workload and compounding the problem by being here instead of cracking on with it! Always a good thing to do!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Hey Lana - peep when you can. Thank you
  • frenchfancy2014
    frenchfancy2014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    brennerjlb wrote: »
    Sara! - good luck at the new job! I am excited for you and new adventures!
    Skinny - sorry to hear about the lack of dinner. Today is a new day.
    October 1 - frenchlady is correct. What are our goals. I am going to set a weight loss goal. Been holding a steady up and down since my first daughter's wedding. 2nd daughter gets married 3/14 So I have a little over 5 months. Here we go. My weight loss in my mind is a lifestyle changes. I know I cannot lose it and keep it off if I change things temporarily. So back to good food choices. Fuel my body, not my cravings. My goal for October is 4 lbs.

CW 186.6
    HW 209
    October 31 GW 182.0
    Waves to all
    Lurking - Lynn

Hi! Trying to connect on Fitbit but not sure I’m great at tech😂 it might have worked!!

Anyway I display my stats for accountability too

CW 190
    HW190
    October 31 GW 185

I just don’t ever want to be at my highest weight ever again!

I did first 10,000 steps today so feel better:)

Sara - keep at it. New jobs are always tiring with all the new info overload. Be kind to yourself.

Nik - look after your overload too. Try to take it a bit easier on self.

Skinny so sorry your cat is old and has old age issues. Lots of hugs to your furry friend. Mine seems to have a bit of dementia I’m sure he’s not sure where he is sometimes but he’s happy but old.

Waves to all and every pound lost is a collective victory. 👍
  • brennerjlb
    Options
    Frenchfancy - are you Laura W? If so I got your fitbit connect :) Congrats on the 10,000!
    Hello Sara, Lana, Nikki, Skinny, Tracy, Missy, Kathryn, Dawn and some peeps we do not hear from often anymore - Suzu, Runa, Tracy from Canada, Megan, Saltine....I propose a happy hour at the Cabana club! Hope all are well!
    Lynn
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    “Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing.”

ABRAHAM LINCOLN
    16th US President
    (1809-1865)
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

Up a little early said phooey and got up. Will try and get rest of time in longer sleep after breakfast.

Finding places where I am missing data at new job and will take a breath to check, speed is not the priority accuracy is.

Wave to all who follow.
  • skinnytacular
    Options
    Good morning all!

Sara, I'm glad you're getting into the swing of your new job. I'm sure it will all click soon enough.

Laura, go glad you're getting your fitbit sorted. Thank you for your kind thoughts about my kitty. I am lucky to have had her this long. I hope your kitty stays old and happy for a long time.

Nik--That's the problem--I'm at the minimum calories AND I've already increased my exercise minutes in the MFP planner tool to 90 minutes and it still says I will only lose 1.1 lbs per week. And, really, even 90 minutes is not reasonable for me on weekdays. I thought I was heroic yesterday and only did 45 minutes. I think I may have to be satisfied with 1 lb per week of loss. Honestly, if I lost 1 lb per week, I'd be thrilled. I really need to make strength training a priority to build more muscle, which burns more calories than fat does. And yes, you are right, I must drink plenty of water. Reminder!

Hello to Ama, Lynn, Lana, Tracy, --sorry, I'm clearly needed more coffee--and all who follow and lurk.