Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Skinny - I wasnt sure if all Kimchee was spicy of just the stuff I come across, I say "thank you but no" because of the spicy part.

Thunder and Lightning was bit of a surprise last night. Dog was my shadow but she is better now.

Groceries today then home. Scale is creeping up again and yes I can quickly find the foods that would cause it. So need to be careful shopping today as I have enough "treats".

Wave to all who follow.
  • fatoldladyonamission
    Options
    Hey Lana,

I wish we had your warm weather! It’s about 12centigrade here and 30mph winds with sideways rain! Definitely winter arriving with a bang! Luckily the rain eased so daughter was able to ride and I managed to get a few more unnoticeable steps in. Seems far easier to sneak them in whilst walking with her riding than trying to do them on the treadmill!

Hope all our lurkers are okay and that everyone has had a good Sunday! That’s probably it from me today as I have a busy week so need an early night!

Have a good Monday all 😊
  • frenchfancy2014
    frenchfancy2014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Hi I posted earlier but somehow it hasn’t registered!!! So quick hello to all. Such wild wet weather here. As Nik says, I envy you your hot weather Lana.

Another week. My Fitbit arrived this pm though so now getting tech enabled...not sure how to set the reminders to move. But at least I’m logged on and it’s lit up!!!

Now going to bed. nightie night all 🌙
  • fatoldladyonamission
    Options
    MONDAY!

Morning all! Busy week for me this week so possibly around less than usual, not that I’m great about updating as regularly as I’d like. I’m in the car a lot for work this week so that will limit me even more.

Laura, the Fitbit is great and I absolutely love mine. I got my first one in 2013 due to someone on MFP recommending them and it only broke just after I bought the Fitbit scales to go with it! I now have an Inspire HR which seems to be working really well, but I have my activity set to sedentary and don’t eat my exercise calories so I can see exactly what’s happening. As long as you add your stride length and weight etc I’ve found mine accurate at working out what my deficit means I should have lost compared to what I’ve actually lost, but I know that isn’t true for everyone so if you want to eat exercise calories I’d recommend starting at some rather than all, just in case!

Skinny, your weekend sounds exhausting! But I’m glad you got your son sorted. If you have the time that month thread with the daily weigh in has been really good for me, even though my updates are all over the place!

Waves to every one else and hope to be back later on.

Have a good day all 😊
  • ama3387
    ama3387 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    We haven’t totally recovered but feel so much better! Got the house picked up yesterday and go out for a walk! So how the scale is still inching downwards hopefully I can keep that really going this October! I hope everyone had a nice weekend! I have got to get ready for work being out at the need of the week makes for a very busy day today!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good morning,

Scale up - Skinny had the answer Korean food on Thursday. Salt city.

Kept to my list, they had a sale on canned soup I bought low sodium anyway. Good for lazy evenings - soup/toast and a piece of fruit.

Last day at the job from "kitten". Have to finish a project. I will probably celebrate by reading a romance novel and going to bed early.

Ama- did they tell you how long to expect it would last?

Lurking from "kitten" land.

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,846 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Good morning Ladies~~

So Sara, today will be the last day at your current annoying job? Then what happens? Do you start new job tomorrow, or is there a break in the action with some days off? I know you've told us, but I cannot remember. 😧

I've gotta find that second cup of coffee......

Lana

250.8 again today, which is good
    255.0 highest
    179.0 goal
  • skinnytacular
    skinnytacular Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Ama--glad your discomfort is easing.

Nik--I too, have a super busy (two) week(s) ahead of me with some significant work deadlines. I'm trying to brace myself. I hope yours goes well. And, yes! My weekend was exhausting--the last several have been. We are too overscheduled, my fault probably.

Sara--I'm so glad that job from *kitten* is nearing its end. ONWARD! Sorry about the scale--at least you know the sodium's effect is only temporary.

Good morning Lana, and to all who lurk and follow. I'm going to keep my head down and get lots of work done. Have a great day all!

• brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Good morning all.
    Well my weekend was great - but I did not keep from putting junk in my mouth - will try again next weekend. My daughter is coming home Denver, so that will be exciting. Will buy lots of veggies and good food, good thing is my kids strive to eat healthy.
    Skinny - I do some home fermentation, made kimchi before - but then I don't make quite as spicy. Fermented veggies are very good for your gut, plus very low calorie. So in my opinion - much worse things you could eat. I agree with someone that said - drink water, lots of it.
    Ama - I think you said something about being in a state of remodel. We bought a home that was built in 1854 and we gutted the entire thing. Literally took us a year and 1/2 before we could move in and we are on year 2 1/2 and still putzing at stuff. One good thing - it keeps one busy, one bad thing is I often don't make time to prepare healthy food. Good luck with your remodel!
    Waves to all - have a great Monday!
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Tracey(Twiley)- I find help with this group is very easy to ask for. It seems you have found your answer - you can now figure out a way to conquer that fear to succeed. It indeed is a real thing - pretty sure we all sabotage ourselves - that is why we are here in this weight loss journey.
    The positive- you know you can do it! You have done it. You WILL get back to that weight and lower- I know it. I remember you telling us most importantly how well you felt. Remember that and make one choice one day at a time! You got this!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    tracey- ask the nutritionist about a "maintenance" menu when you get to goal again
  • frenchfancy2014
    frenchfancy2014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Love kitten land Sara - 🐾😻😻
    Lynn - so feel your agony at eating all in sight. That’s what I did this weekend.

Also Tracey - but how inspiring on how much weight you’ve lost. You’re knocking it out of the park so a little weight gain you can kill that no problem. You know how to do this:)

Nik and skinny thanks for all encouragement and advice on Fitbit. I’ve twiddled with bracelet changes 😂😂😂but I need to get down to some hard yards and so will embrace moving more tomorrow:) rather than just making it look pretty on my wrist!

Skinny So sorry your Pusey cat is so ill - is it old age or something they can help with? Cuddles to all sick little furry ones.

Waves to all and good luck in work/new roles/fighting the fight out there. You’re all winners for being on here and persevering through it all. You all inspire me - thanks ❤️❤️❤️
  • fatoldladyonamission
    Options
    Evening All,

Ama glad you guys are feeling better at last. Hope it stays gone now.

Lynn I think I may have attributed your bathroom to Sara after a quote over your post so apologies there.

Nice to meet you Tracey and definitely agree this thread is awesome for support. I hope I can help too.

Skinny you're doing great, I am in awe of your busy life and the things you get done!

Sara I hope the new job is as amazing as it sounds. Good luck for tomorrow.

As for me well I signed up to the give me one month October thread and pledged to get another 12lbs down. Let's hope I can live up to it. Tonight has been fun here, we had a power cut for about an hour, no lights, no internet, no TV. My 15 year old daughter had no clue what to do with herself! So glad it's back on now. No fun trying to guide a disabled hubby around by candlelight! My most pressing concern was that the toaster wouldn't work so I might have to miss out on my toast and marmite supper! Thankfully it didn't come to that and I'm off to bed shortly to read my book.

Hope everyone else is well and I'll check in tomorrow, probably about the same time!

Have a good Tuesday folks 😊