Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• skinnytacular
    skinnytacular Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!

Nik--I am so glad the supports are helping. I hope you can figure out how to get your movement in in a way that doesn't cause you pain. Is swimming an option for you?

Lynn--I wouldn't be able to have a close family member be my life coach, either!

Ama--I agree with Lynn--this is one of those cases where your child is probably genuinely really too sick/miserable for school. Can the teacher send work home?

Sara--good sleep does wonders!

All: I'm really struggling with weekends. Anyone have any great tips for staying on track? I might make an outside post, too. I do really well on weekdays where there's a lot of structure and routine (and for which I cook and prepare in advance), but I seems to have a pattern of binge eating on weekends, and, really, alcohol isn't even a factor. Any strategies that work for you?

Waving to all who follow!

• skinnytacular
    Options
    Woohoo! Bring on all of the cabana boys and electricians!
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Wow, Lana, there was a spark there for Brian? I guess you seriously felt the electricity between you two!! ;):D
  • fatoldladyonamission
    Options
    Well, great evening for me tonight. Hubby fell over and cracked his head open so we are sat in the A&E department waiting for him to be stitched back together.

If anyone wants to send me a cabana boy I'd be grateful!
  • frenchfancy2014
    frenchfancy2014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Ouch I do hope he’s ok? What a nightmare. Sending thoughts and prayers for a speedy passage through A&E. Sussex is not great for fast A&E times. ❤️ any Costa Coffees about or are they all shut now? !
  • fatoldladyonamission
    Options
    Ouch I do hope he’s ok? What a nightmare. Sending thoughts and prayers for a speedy passage through A&E. Sussex is not great for fast A&E times. ❤️ any Costa Coffees about or are they all shut now? !

None of the hospitals here are great but we're at Chichester as they seem to be pretty good. No sign of Costa from where I'm sitting but I don't really drink hot drinks anyway so not much use to me.

I am starving though! I usually eat after going up to the horses but had to come straight out with him! The vending machine is calling to me so I thought I'd come on here instead!

Hopefully it won't be too long. I've had to leave daughter at home.

• frenchfancy2014
    Options
    Woo Lana how lucky were you today!!’all your electrics sorted by a dishy bloke❤️❤️🤗🤗 that made me smile. I had a rubbish day. Just trying to forget about all the stress of it. This helped me - thinking of your electrician🤗
  • frenchfancy2014
    Options
    That’s it Nik- do distraction and step away from the vending machine !!! A&E depts are not great at the best of times. I saw too much of them last year with my poor deteriorating Dad. Really hope you get seen quickly. You are lucky not to like hot drinks. I need to keep off the lattes - keeps sending me over the calorie count. Keep smiling and hope pain is not too bad for hubby. Must have been quite a bash his head took. xx
  • frenchfancy2014
    Options
    Hi skinny - on strategies that work for me at weekend I avoid buying any treats so they are not in the house so am then much restricted on what to binge on. Then if I do get the munchies I eat cereal - cornflakes or something like that which does fill me up a bit. It is hard and my weakness is crisps so I just can’t quite cut those out of the shopping list yet...xx
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,338 Member
    Options
    Kathryn, you got all the good "puns" in!! Thank you - you were overdue Lana - way overdue from a cboy surprise visit.

At work, flirted with the ergo guy...... can only read at moment will check in after work.

Niki - hope you find some decent food.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    weekend tip - I have more time to walk. Sometimes that works.
  • skinnytacular
    Options
    Nik--oh wow! I'm so sorry to hear about your husband. We have had streak of unpleasantness in this thread with ivy and foot pain and sick pets and golf club injuries and now your husband.

Let's hope a speedy and full recovery and reduced pain for all!
  • skinnytacular
    Options
    Sara you always have the best memes.
  • fatoldladyonamission
    Options
    Fab memes Sara!

Thanks Skinny. He seems ok this morning just tired from a late night at the hospital. I'm utterly exhausted from the stress of it all.

Hope everyone has a good hump day. Personally I can't wait for Friday so I can get some decent sleep. Like about 12 hours worth!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

One more eval from Sup today - she postponed to today - she has terrible time management which will come back on her.

Ergo Eval involved discussing my sight issue and why I needed help setting up 2 computers, I have what they call "visual disturbances" which is better than "visual hallucinations" - they are the same thing, but people get so hung up on "hallucinations" that they dont hear anything else. The terms came up in the eval and I am counting the minutes until that gossip makes its rounds. I work with some seriously unprofessional people. However I get to meet and work with the next set next week.

Niki glad your DH is doing better. I can imagine you are tired. Put a "do not disturb" sign on your front door and phone this weekend.

Lurking from work.

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,859 Member
    Options

Nikki - sorry to hear about your hubby. I am relieved that he is doing well enough. Here's hoping that you can get just a little extra sleep the rest of these weekdays and definitely on the weekend. 🤗

Sara - I feel bad that you have so much work drama. What a pain. Love the pictures! 🤗

Kathryn - you are so funny! 🤗

Waves to Dawn and Missy and Tracey and Tracy and Lynn and Skinny and Laura and Saltine and Ama and everyone else who lurks or stops by later on.

Today is Wednesday, so the 🌴 Cabana Boys have a special Happy Hour planned with soothing foot massages~~

Lana

253.2 today
    255.0 highest
    179.0 goal