Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• frenchfancy2014
    frenchfancy2014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Skinny - love fact hubby is losing so much but yes how galling he’s done it so quick!!!

Lana - well done on walking so much

AMA stay positive - its Friday whoop whoop!

Tilliesmommy so sorry doggy is not well. Hope on the mend very soon ❤️

Nik - hope work not too overwhelming. Sounds like you have to get about a lot.

Waves to all . Off to France this pm to see my other half and get a weekend of R&R. I do this every fortnight so usual schlep on the train but means I can work and travel. It’s 30 degrees there so nice and warm. Might get one last swim in the pool before close it for the winter. Xxxx
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,846 Member
    Options

FRIDAY

Good morning all~~

Sara - those were good inspirationals you posted - Thank you!

The Pumpkin Loop Trail does not have a single pumpkin of any kind - not even anything orange. I am thinking of taking a small pumpkin with me every week I walk it, and leaving it along the trail somewhere. In a perfect world, the pumpkin would then fall apart eventually, and its seeds would take hold, and many pumpkins could grow there..... 😉

*snapping fingers for Cabana Boy to refill all of our coffee and tea mugs*

Lana

254.2 today - way off program again yesterday....
    255.0 highest
    179.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,332 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    FRIDAY

Good morning, TGIF.

Dog up with pitstops last night. She is eating and her dry food became a soup of chicken broth and rice with dog food. Need to keep her hydrated.

Laura, some people wouldnt appreciate it if your went to the moon for them. You did your best - remember that.

Lana is becoming the Johnny Appleseed of Pumpkins, reminds me to plant the rest of the rocks in parking lot so I dont have to move to new cube week after next.

Need to scoot and find a little more sleep.

Wave to all who follow.
  • frenchfancy2014
    frenchfancy2014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Very wise words Tilliesmommy. Thank you. That is very true. xxx

So glad Doggy had an ok night and eating doggie broth🐶💕
  • ama3387
    ama3387 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Aw fancy I’m sorry about your dad, and the way that client made you feel. Have fun in France this weekend! Tillie I’m glad to hear the puppy is eating! My morning has been crazy at work, but I got a walk in last night and I have an hour of overtime I’m going to use today to get me out an hour early! I have almost no plans for this weekend and that’s how I want to keep it. If anybody wants to do something it’ll have to wait! It’s also supposed to be beautiful maybe I’ll even have a chance to get into my flower garden! Talk to all of you soon!
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    TGIF!
    Lana - I LOVE that idea - planting pumpkins. They tend to take hold easily. Who knows what that path will look like in a year!
    Sarah - I too am glad that your doggo is better. It is so darn hard when they do not feel well. I wish they could talk to us once in a while.
    French - ENJOY your short vaca!
    Skinny- great job on the inching. Lots of inching equal feet aka pounds. Guys always seem to be able to drop weight fast. frustrating!
    Have a great Friday and a great weekend! Waves to everyone!
    Lurking
    Lynn
  • skinnytacular
    skinnytacular Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! I hopped on the scale this morning and finally, FINALLY broke through to a new, lower decade. So pleased.

Laura--I am so sorry for the loss of your dad. And, really, good riddance to the ungrateful client. I left a bad job with ungrateful co-workers in June and I don't miss them one bit. Don't look back. People like that just can't ever be satisfied, or, face it, truly happy. You are so much better off without them.

And, yes, it's maddening how fast my husband is dropping the pounds, but the great news is, the success has been really motivating for him and he's even nudging me forward. I've been gently trying to coax him to adopt some healthier eating habits and an exercise routine and am just so pleased something has finally stuck for him. We have a young child and I just want us to enjoy a long and and active life with him as long as we can.

Lana Pumpkinseed!

Sara--I'm so sorry to hear about Tillie's troubles. I have an old cat who I have to coax to eat and drink. She's been in the emergency room twice this year, diagnosed with kidney disease. It's just so hard to know how to balance the quality of their lives with getting them to the vet, etc. at this stage. Not to mention the cost. I hope Tillie reaches a plateau of good health soon.

Ama-No plans and good weather sounds glorious!

Lynn, and latecomers and lurkers and newcomers--Hi!
  • fatoldladyonamission
    Options
    Evening all, sorry I’m useless yet again! Seems there’s just too much going on at the moment.

Sara I Hope Miss T stays hydrated and okay.

Laura, I’m learning at the moment that it doesn’t matter how much you do for some people they will never actually see that you did it or recognise your work. Seriously thinking of giving mine up because of this!

Skinny great job on the weight loss and inspiring your hubby. It is easier when the others in the house join you or at least are willing to avoid junk food for you!

Lana the pumpkins sound amazing! Cracking idea!

My news, well I’m fighting plantar fasciitis at the moment and losing. It’s agony. Haven’t made my step count today and doubt it’ll happen tomorrow either. I literally cannot walk first thing in the morning, and it’s hurting the whole day. Ordered a kit of supports on amazon and hopefully they’ll arrive tomorrow and help but cannot believe how bad it is. Serves me right for trying to push through it. Now really worried that without the walking my calorie deficit won’t be enough. Had a little personal goal to lose 13lbs this month and I don’t think I’ll make it without the walking. I have just under 5lbs to go. Gutted. 😞
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Niki - Good Feet store here in USA - expensive but have had them 10 years, see if there a "branch" there.
  • fatoldladyonamission
    Options
    Niki - Good Feet store here in USA - expensive but have had them 10 years, see if there a "branch" there.

Thanks Sara, will have a look. Anything to make it better! I have it constantly iced at the moment. It’s the only thing that seems to ease the pain, but even that doesn’t work for walking on it. Even hubby’s extra strong pain gel didn’t touch it.
  • ama3387
    Options
    Well I messed up! I ate all the food today. I started my period and my nice relaxing feeling of it being Friday went out the window! Nothing I can do about it now I just logged the food and have to move on. But I’m cringing!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Dry day in house for dog. Just relieved. I love my dog and I am so lucky. We shall see what the middle of the night brings but I am setting the alarm and taking a nap before bed time.

Saved half of a jumbo chocolate muffin someone gave me to have with dinner. Pre WW that muffin would have been inhaled in maybe 15 minutes.

Ama - can you go take a walk? Forgive yourself and plan tomorrow's eating tonight.

Wishing all a good night.
  • skinnytacular
    skinnytacular Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Nik--sorry about the pain. I hope it abates soon. I know you're disappointed it might slow your progress, but, really, you're in this for the long haul. Sometimes you have to take a break when life intervenes. Just don't go backwards!

Ama--sorry about the binge. Great job tracking. Just get back on plan asap.

Sara--I'm praying your pup has a good night.

Good night all.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

Skinny - would you and your DH consider taking Ballroom or Zumba classes together? Just wondering how you can 'buddy up' with him even if his pounds come off three times faster....

Dog had a good night and I am thrilled. Apt with groomer today and Vet tomorrow. I was so whacked yesterday at work I couldnt help but wonder how women with small sick children do it.

Wondering in the middle of the night about meal plans. Thinking Korean Chicken BBQ marinade. Need to empty dishwasher and get kitchen ready before I start cooking again.......

Back for more sleep? Wave to all who follow.
  • ama3387
    Options
    Good morning! So this is my first period since starting this journey so I’m kind of interested to see how it goes. I’m retaining water really bad. I’m making the decision to not worry about yesterday. My deficit is for 1 lbs a week so what if I only lose .5 this week. It’s certainly better than what I had been doing. Now these cramps are a whole other story! I hope you all have a great Saturday!
  • fatoldladyonamission
    Options
    Morning all, thanks for the website Sara, going straight there after I type this. Glad to hear Miss T is doing okay and completely remember the sleepless nights when my daughter was sick or teething!

Ama well done for logging and moving on. I'd count that as a success rather than a misstep. It only really goes wrong when you stop logging! I hope today is better for you.

Happy Saturday to everyone else and thankfully the permanent icing of my foot seems to be helping. Not going to push my luck today though, I figure doing a little for a few days is better than doing none for a very long time if I really overdo it now.

Waves to all who follow.