Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,329 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

Hearing that my new apt is looking really nice. Found out where I could install my tv so that changes where furniture goes..... we shall see it may change the day I move too.

2/3 packing done - kitchen and drawers. Doing a little every day so I dont hurt my back. It has been 20 years since I moved, just not the same.

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning. Scale is same - considering what I ate I am surprised. I forgot what the reading was and took it twice and it went down. Hmmmmm.

Glad I am moving next week as things are in that scattered phase. I keep telling myself, it will all get done - I can through it in my car if nothing else.

What is everyone who celebrates Thanksgiving this week having? I am eating Chinese take out. Just easier and portion control to a point.

Training all week, keep good thoughts and I hope I keep my cool.

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,840 Member
    Options

Hi Sara -

Wow - time is flying--you move next week!

I'm sitting at the airport, waiting to fly up to NYC for 2.5 weeks. Most of it is unavoidable obligations and various doctor appointments and routine medical testing.

I just about got over my last head cold, and everybody at this airport is coughing and sneezing and blowing their nose. I forgot to bring the alcohol wipes my sister suggested. Dang! I'll just keep on washing my hands and not touching my face.

BBL

Lana

252.0 today
    255.0 highest
    179.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    spell check through is throw - was I awake?? Lana also consider travel size hand sanitizer, fits in purse/coat pocket.
  • frenchfancy2014
    frenchfancy2014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving to all American cousins 🇺🇸😊❤️
  • kyg2
    kyg2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    "Serial starters" well if that doesn't explain me, I dont know what does.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Kyg2 welcome - stop by and post when you can. Wasnt my term but it fit me as well, so we took it with us when we found a new home after WW stopped their message boards.

Installed new computer security system for 2020 - my online bank is not cooperating, so will try again tomorrow. If necessary they are open Friday.

Nice hot shower, some good knitting in while watching computer software download - if you have trouble sleeping watch computer software download - sure fire way to get sleepy.

Still throwing out things - have list for tomorrow.

Wishing all a good night.
  • frenchfancy2014
    frenchfancy2014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Welcome kyg2. It describes me too🤗 all supporting each other.

Well done Sara - bet you can’t wait to be in your new place. Is it very far away?
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Laura - within same complex, so a short move distance wise.

Up and hoping to get a little more sleep. Rain today with any luck after work.

bbl
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Did not get much sleep hope to after breakfast. Dog is taken care of.

New training is a lot easier than the Medicaid I am doing better at, we shall see what today brings.

Tried to do online banking but the website was not cooperating, push comes to shove I will go to bank and make them let me do my online banking in their office.......

Sandwich pot luck at work today which is controllable and with any luck fewer calories.

Hope to lurk from work. Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Quickly stopping by, waving to everyone~~

Lana

253.5 today
    255.0 highest
    179.0 goal
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Hello all and Happy Tuesday.
    I did get some outside decorations up this past weekend, felt good about that. Did not get the cleaning done I wanted, but that won't go away, so I can do it another day :wink:
    Part day off yesterday so I finally went dress shopping for wedding #2. I did get a dress size lower than my first daughter's wedding. Fits me great - so now my goal is to have to take it in before the wedding! LOL. Glad to get that checked off my list!
    Not much else new here...one more day of work for me this week. Came in today crabby - took 5 minutes for people to irritate me. Hopefully a long weekend will do the trick.
    Welcome Kyg2. Great group here.
    Waves to Lana, Sara, French, Dawn, Kathryn and all who stop in.
    Oh and great job on the packing Sara - you are motivated! Sorry to hear about PITA supervisor.
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Does everyone have multiple Thanksgiving dinners to attend? We have small family dinner tomorrow night (Italian). Nothing on Thanksgiving itself. Big family gathering on Friday (Chinese). Friendsgiving on Saturday (Mexican). If nothing else, it will be a week of international cuisine!

I plan to eat something healthy before each meal, like carrots & celery. Make sure I keep portions size under control. Drink water between each bite. That should help keep me from going hog wild at dinner. I am determined to not gain weight this week. If I can just stay the same weight, I will be happy.
  • brennerjlb
    Options
    Kathryn - wow! that is amazing and sounds wonderful! So many different cuisines. I ironically have nothing until Saturday and Sunday - not sure exactly what is being served at either. I am in charge of veggies, so I plan to make them very good so I can eat lots of them! I have the same goal as you!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    went to find out how much $$ to move next week- and they ask, can you move the date 2 days later? I had to grab the day they said 5 weeks ago and promise not to change it at work. I said I could not oblige. Poor time management??

I will throw out one of the 3 things I planned to tonight and call it good.
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Wednesday. Thanksgiving Eve.

500 days.

I have visited MFP for 500 days as of today. Have I logged my food every day? No. Have I weighed and measured every day? No. Have I written in thread or posted a blog every day? No. Have I consistently lost weight and reached my goal? NO!

What I have done is come to this thread, met all you wonderful people, cried happy and sad tears with you, been inspired by you, and felt a little less alone in the struggle to be healthy.

Thank you for being here. Thank you for sharing your life with me. Here's to 500 more!

Happy Thanksgiving to the U.S. contingent. Stay warm to all our others (Unless it's summer, then stay cool.)☺
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good morning,

Tracy! Or is it Tracey? Thank you for starting us today - wonderful post. Without my 2 boards (other one has knitters on it) I would let the supreme dysfunction of the world get to me and I cannot imagine what size clothing that would translate to.

Waiting for my computer security system to tell me how to fix the issue so I can do online banking again..... called a coworker - I had a dream "of" her in that I was standing in a really long line in my dream and I thought "What would she do?" - same person reminded me that my phone company has stores (one not too far from me) and I could pay the bill in the store. That bill I get electronically and have no paper to mail (or address to send to). Electronic billing works until you cannot pay online. People laugh at me for getting paper bills......

okay enough crap for this time of the day. Strong winds and rain last night, two large trees that I am moving away from Tuesday have gotten old enough to keep me awake last night worrying.

More training this morning. I have 4 days off, just keep reminding myself.

Wave to all who follow and will try and lurk from work.

Happy Thanksgiving as well! If you eat more than you want, can you take a walk?
  • brennerjlb
    Options
    Hello Tracey!!!! Glad to hear from you and I too am very thankful for this thread!
    Good morning Sara- glad the trees stayed away. we have winds howling here today and rain.
    My goal is like Sara mentioned - lots of walks and lots of water. Maybe some wine :smiley:
    Waves to all who follow - lurking from work.
  • pamiede
    pamiede Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I’ve been signed to this discussion group but haven’t posted in a while. I want to re-introduce myself. My name is Pam, and I’ve been on my newest and most successful weight loss journey since April 2019. As of this month, I have lost 80 lbs. I’m still far from my goal, but closer than I’ve ever been. I hope to share, support, and encourage others on their own journeys.

SW: 307
    CW: 226
    GW: 165

Happy Thanksgiving 🍁
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    Here’s my peep for Wednesday!

Everyone have a great day tomorrow 🦃

Lana