254.0 today
    255.0 highest
    179.0 goal
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,837 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Day 1 of the Beck Diet Solution: Make your Advantages Response Card

So the job is to think of all of the reasons you currently want to lose weight and >>> write them down on an actual card.

Then, Beck says you will read your card under two circumstances:
    1) Daily, at least twice, at very specific times, which you decide on
    2) Whenever you find yourself struggling with cravings, temptation, or sabotaging thoughts
  • LanaCabana537
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Good morning Laura~

Lynn - Let's start today. Why not? We can slow down if we need to and spend more than one day on "a Day" if we want to.

I have to look around the house for something nice to use for my Advantage Response Card (ARC).
    ycnrbi2vmvw2.jpeg

.....5 minutes later......I am thrilled to find that I have my Beck cards here in NC!
    I am a happy girl!
    Although my card is from a number of years ago, the reasons are still solid.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,328 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

Wowie - I missed a lot yesterday.

Dawn I have used GEHA's website and it is one of the easiest and I was grateful to use it.

Shopping, no soccer on the tele -some competition between leagues - >:):s . Patience darling patience. May make quiche for lunch and dinner with a coworker. We usually have a pre Christmas lunch together.

I bought broccoli and cauliflower yesterday and will get sweet potatoes today - last 2 are great roasted.

Lana - my reasons differ from the last time I started Beck so it is good for me to start fresh.

Laura that is a long to do list so that facial will be well earned.

I will offer to my pcp tomorrow that I will see about getting free counseling session through our EAP program and I have a one of those Composition books we used in High School to keep a journal.

Sorry for the essay. Will try and lurk a little better today.
  • frenchfancy2014
    frenchfancy2014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Thanks Sara

Your dad is very wise. Sounds great if you can get counselling session.

I’ve done two things on list being church and my food shopping; got some great fresh veg soup mixes and noodles and salad. 😊 going to make both soups this pm so all ready for the week.

Lana - LOVE your ARC card !!! Going to do one for me. Get my ‘Why’ written down 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Lynn good luck with starting too.

I’m off to get on my exercise bike for 15 mins!!! This will be first time in over two years 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - starting fresh on Beck is good!
    You have a smart Dad~~
    Glad you have the pcp appointment tomorrow.

Laura - cheering you on!

Waving to Lynn and Dawn and Kathryn and Missy and Tracy and Runa and Tracey and AnnLiz and Nikki and Missy and Saltine and anyone else who drops by The Cabana Club later on~

Lana
  • frenchfancy2014
    frenchfancy2014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Thanks Lana. Cheering you on too❤️❤️
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited January 2020
    Options
    I need to have someone burn herbs around me - at grocery store I cannot reach highest TP rolls that was in the back so I take the lower one only to have the higher one fall and smack me in the glasses. That might make for some great bruises. Not my week, so I hope things like this just stop.

oh yeah yams were .49 cents a pound and sweet potatoes were 1.39 a pound so I chose the smaller yams, easier to cut and cook.

Driving to grocery store I wondered if I should contact the sister at where I work and run the idea of teaching Medicare to the Medicare patients...... So I got home and wrote it in my notebook.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - Jacques and Pierre are coming with a Cabana Boy Care Package that will include a Provençal sage burning for you and Miss Tillie~~~

Lana
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    I don’t have fancy cards like Lana. Love it! I live with my notebooks for memories, thoughts, weight journals and the like. So in my notebook the advantages I feel to me losing weight:
    Feel proud of myself and not always think about my weight
    Feel good and be able to move comfortably in my clothes
    Be healthy
    Stay active and be able to hike and garden
    Not compare myself to everyone else’s body style.
    And again be proud of myself!
    Happy Sunday eve.
    Lynn

• brennerjlb
    Options
    Sara - sorry about injury. You need a spa day!
    What really is the difference between yams and sweet potatoes?
    Hi Laura and all others who stop by
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Saving money not buying non nutritious foods, will allow me to have my facials.....
    My last advantage I listed was "not being one of the FAT girls at work".
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I’m loving everyone’s list...and, can say, pretty much all of them belong on my list as well.

If anyone is interested, Scentsy is having a 10% off Sale all month...almost everything is on Sale..

DawnLeach.Scentsy.us

Thank you
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited January 2020
    Options
    yams are orange and sweet potatoes are yellow and not as sweet - they are different species - I met someone in WW who grew sweet potatoes so I always ate sweet potatoes to indirectly support her farm..... but when one is $1 a pound cheaper just cant refuse
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning,

Dog up and fed.

My dr apt is right about lunch time for me so I am pushing my breakfast later this morning.

Dinner last night was not what I planned, their special was beef stroganoff and it sounded really good. Brought home leftovers from my plate and my friends plate so all my meals today are waiting for me...... She had French Toast and had a piece leftover (how she did that I dont know.... right?).

On to do list is leave a thank you note to neighbor who gave me the moving company. Her husband works for a medical insurance company...... attempt to network there.

Back for more sleep. Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Beck Day 2 is "Pick Two Reasonable Diets" (one is primary, and one is a backup)

Day 2 Beck: "Once I accept the fact that I have to follow a healthy eating plan for life, dieting will be easier."

Remember to read your Advantages Response Cards at least twice today!
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning all~~

I managed a 3-mile walk yesterday on a woody trail~~ I SO did not want to do it, but I pushed myself, and I ended up really enjoying it.

As for Beck, I am going to attempt following the MFP calorie counting diet, with the Mediterranean Diet as my "second choice", but really as a guide right now with the MFP.
    Of course for this to work, I will need to Actually count calories and do math! 🤦🏼‍♀️

This is my past fail-point: doing the work to do the numbers. I hate it.
    I log food every day in my composition book Journal, but I haven't been counting calories.

I need to dig up that file folder I have with "good" days from the past, where I printed up past MFP days to refer for just this reason.

Lana

253.0 today
    255.0 highest
    223.0 mid-year goal
    199.0 end of year goal
  • brennerjlb
    Options
    Good morning!
    Read my advantages again today. An do think of them often.
    My diet is a wheel that we received in a class at work once. Once understood I follow the mediterranean diet 80% of the time. keep the foods in the inside of the bullseye over 50% of the time and I am doing well. 30% in the middle circle and 20% or less in outer. Means I cut out high fat and sugar. There is a calculation to do with sugars and fats for all foods, gets detailed. My backup is MFP. Honestly I seem to fail when I log my foods - not sure why. Works out better if i keep in line with the 80% lifestyle.
    I am working hard to accept that I have to follow a healthy lifestyle.
    Did have a good weekend. Feel a cold coming on but I am trying hard to fight it off :smiley:
    Waves to Sara, Lana, Laura, Dawn, Kathryn, Runa and all others who stop by.
    Lynn
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    It is going to take awhile to go back and read all the posts I have missed! Seems like I have been gone for 6 months, not just a couple of weeks!

I am eager to start in on the Beck book idea with Lana & Sara & everyone. I am also doing a budgeting plan that is similar with making a "why" and answering daily questions. I will try to do both at same time. See if I can manage to do that.

I am about the highest I have been in about 5 years. Definitely need to shed a few pounds, if for no other reason than to avoid buying new clothes and quit snoring. (DH REALLY complaining lately. Never mind the fact I had to live with his snoring 10+ years because he "didnt have a problem." <eyeroll>) Seems my snoring has increased as my weight has increased.
  • eliarod1
    eliarod1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Here we go again... I'm back y'alls...and hopefully this time will move past the starting phase. Anyone up for helping a lost soul get back on track??