Serial Starters

Replies

• brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Happy New Year!
    I believe 2020 is going to ROCK for all of us!
    Nikkie - WOW very inspiring!
    Lana - I would love if you include Beck's information on this thread - I think any information that can help and motivate us. I have not heard of that one - i will check it out!
    Runa - I hope that something is not too serious. Pneumonia? Take care of yourself!
    Sara - I am hopeful as well that your coworkers do go to HR. that is always a scary thing, but shouldn't be....people deserve to be treated like people! And I agree with the split up workweek. I don't even know what day it is!
    Went for a good walk this AM with the dog again. Did go on walks when I was off work, but more leisurely.
    Tracy- hello!
    Waves to all who stop by. Lurking.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,326 Member
    FRIDAY

Good morning,

Another of my review meetings today and it will not go well, as they are not meant to - it is how you get an employee with 7 years of staying under the radar out of a department. Email to HR to ask about review update. Hope for better things to report next week.

Food choices are better in quantity of items is less.

Lynn - the book in question is called "The Beck Diet Solution" by Judith S Beck - it is a bright pink paperback and also on my to do list this month.

TGIF - last of these weird holiday weeks for awhile.

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,835 Member

Another of my review meetings today and it will not go well, as they are not meant to - it is how you get an employee with 7 years of staying under the radar out of a department. Email to HR to ask about review update. Hope for better things to report next week.

Sara - I will be thinking about you all day today. Please check in later.

I hope that you can plan to have a good, healthy dinner once you get home today and that you have a few interesting things to do this weekend that will get you out and about and finding some joy in the other aspects of life.

Hugs,
    Lana
  • LanaCabana537

Lynn -

As Sara said, the book is The Beck Diet Solution. It is written by the daughter of Aaron T. Beck, M.D. who developed Cognitive Therapy.

From the book's foreword: "It is a step by step program that has a dual focus on changing both behavior and thinking."

It doesn't include any "diet". You use it with whatever weight loss program you choose.

Lana

253.2 today
    255.0 highest
    179.0 goal
  • brennerjlb
    Thanks Sara and Lana - I think I will go shopping for that book! I have evolved to NOT be a diet person. Try to convince myself to treat my body well and eat food for fuel, but obviously that does not always work :)
    Sara - I too am thinking about you. wishing for a better work situation for you.
    I am such a lump - found a thread on here about 60 minutes of plank for the month of January. So that is two minutes a day. I did two yesterday. Couldn't make it past 25 seconds but did a number of them in a row. My abs hurt today...geesh. gotta get some strength training going.
    have a Great Friday!!!!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Fell walking to work, have minor cuts and bruises but the impact to my lower back, someone told me to take tylenol and see. Gosh that ground hits you fast.
  • brennerjlb
    Sara - sorry! I would suggest ibuprofen as long as you don't have liver issues. That has a better anti inflammatory property. And actually...after a car accident a Dr told me to take up to 600 mg of ibuprofen every 8 hours and also then every 4-6 500 mg of acetametophin(tylenol) They both work differently and are different drugs. Ice..ice..baby. Take care!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Allergic to ibuprofen, so I am stuck with tylenol.
  • LanaCabana537
    Allergic to ibuprofen, so I am stuck with tylenol.

Sara - Yikes! I cannot believe what happened to you! You poor thing. Ice, yes.

Leandro is coming with his massage table to help you get through the day. Think pleasant thoughts~~~

Big big hugs!

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    brennerjlb wrote: »

I ...... found a thread on here about 60 minutes of plank for the month of January. So that is two minutes a day. I did two yesterday. Couldn't make it past 25 seconds but did a number of them in a row. My abs hurt today...geesh. gotta get some strength training going.

Lynn - I SAW that thread a few days ago on MFP!
    I don't think that I have ever done a plank in my entire life, and at my age and being overweight, I don't think that I could do it at all. But I want to try......

....then......I was all set to be excited to look it up, though, and try it, and then I remembered that I fell in my back yard when walking Ru before we went to bed one evening, and I landed on my right side, and somehow hurt my ribs on my right side. Ouch! I have so much wrong with my body in that area.....

I applaud you hugely for attempting this. Plank on, Brave Lady!
    *Cabana Boys applauding for Lynn's plank yesterday 👏🏽*

Lana
  • brennerjlb
    Why thank you Lana.
    Sara - allergic to Ibuprofen. Shoot. How are you doing now?
    Lana - I appreciate the Cabana Boys and your applause. Thanks!
    I found the Beck book in a PDF. I think it is the entire book. I downloaded it and will take a look. Maybe it is just the highlights because i didn't pay for the download.
    Looked intriguing. 6 weeks of daily assignments. I know Lana I am totally attaching myself to your idea. But do we want to start together on the daily assignments? Or have you already started?
    Lynn

Oh and yes I stepped on that damn scale
    CW 197.2 - holding steady
    HW 207
    GW 189 1/31
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Lynn, I got my book and index cards ready to go. Lana when are you starting?
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Well my meeting went well enough. I will no longer have same lady to "train" me but if I dont improve I will be written up and therefore cannot apply for other jobs with the company, so keep good thoughts that I can get Dr to sign me out on medical leave.

Just very tired and while knee is doing okay, I worry what it will feel like tomorrow.

Wishing all a good night.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    brennerjlb wrote: »
    Thanks Sara and Lana - I think I will go shopping for that book! I have evolved to NOT be a diet person. Try to convince myself to treat my body well and eat food for fuel, but obviously that does not always work :)
    Sara - I too am thinking about you. wishing for a better work situation for you.
    I am such a lump - found a thread on here about 60 minutes of plank for the month of January. So that is two minutes a day. I did two yesterday. Couldn't make it past 25 seconds but did a number of them in a row. My abs hurt today...geesh. gotta get some strength training going.
    have a Great Friday!!!!

I have tried plank challenges before... I can get to 45 sec-1 min...then, I just stop...I dunno why... I do that will all challenges, honestly...planks are good for the core, for sure...you got this

• Tilliesmommy1
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

Luckily I am not as sore as I thought I would be. I see pcp on Monday and will have her look at my knee but so far so good.

Work was strange. There may be more people going out on leave.

Focus today on healthy green food and not cookies. Pulled out box of ginger/lemon tea to drink after dinner. Box of hot chocolate has a long shelf life so I can ration.

Does anyone have a New Year's Resolution?

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537

Good morning ~~

Only one eye open so far.....I did not sleep well last night. I need coffee, a shower, some breakfast, and then more sleep? My coffee is only 1/6 caffeinated coffee, and the rest is decaf (because of heart rhythm issues). I do love coffee.

Ladies, I'm not sure when I will start or do the 42 days of Beck. I suppose we should avail ourselves.... Maybe tomorrow?

Lynn - I myself would like to address these 42 "days" in more than 42 days. Some days are simple, and others are more complicated. On the days I see as complicated, I would like to spend several days or a week on them.
    I am glad you got your book downloaded without having to buy it.

Sara - I am sad because I think that my inspiration cards and Beck cards are up in New York. My NC house is quite messy, and they could be here somewhere, but I don't think so.....
    I'll have to pick up a pack of pretty index cards on my next trip to the store and make myself a new set.

Lana

254.4 today
    255.0 highest
    179.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Lana your reasons may have changed since you last did Becks so a new set may be just the thing.

Spoke with father who understood my situation at work and gave me the idea of looking for work that uses my Medicare knowledge to work in Senior Housing? Not something I thought of and so I am writing every thing down.

Got the set of lights outside down that will interfere with the trim painting project.

Boy does a nap sound good right about now.

• brennerjlb
    edited January 2020
    Hello!
    Sara good idea from your dad
    Not much going on here. Day three of my planking. My core is sore lol.
    I did skim the entire Beck book. I will start my first day Monday or tomorrow if you want. Day 1 is advantages. I can definitely list those off!
    Have a great one!
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Sara- hope you recoup from fall, quickly. Dad may be onto something....I used to work for GEHA... I was always stressed about my productivity...even though I felt I was doing well, every audit I stressed and struggled to meet goals...maybe, will be better without trainer hanging over shoulder...
  • frenchfancy2014
    frenchfancy2014 Posts: 275 Member
    Well now back in UK and going to set myself a productive day as just weighed myself and I’m the heaviest I’ve ever been at 198lbs. So rather than wallow in self pity I’m going to get active and positive as follows:

1,do some exercise - walk for an hour and 15 mins on static bike
    2, if weather good do some gardening
    3 prepare for week ahead at work eg get ahead of self
    4. Set out goals for week and month - be really specific
    5. Go to church this am
    6. Do food shop - get some healthy soups
    7. Continue with spreadsheet for finances to be better and more focused
    8. Do tax return that is late
    9. Treat self with a face pack at end of day
    10. Do washing and vacuuming