Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Happy monday morning.
    As you noticed I took almost a week off. No work, no pressure - just thoroughly enjoyed my family. It was great. I was lazy. Hmmm. Maybe not great for my body. But I will rebound. Started yesterday. had a good healthy eating day - I think my body was in shock :smiley:
    I read through - hope you all had a very happy Christmas.
    Lana - I truly think you need a dog :wink: Your own will be so much easier as you know their personality. My son's girlfriend house sat a house with 3 great danes. Two adult one puppy. wow that is alot of dog!
    Sara - I so wish Santa could've brought you less stress at work oh and that lap to sit on LOL
    Runa - so nice to see you - your picture looks great - you look happy. I hope your illnesses go away.
    Dawn - 15 is a great age for you to be an influence in their lives. Someone to reach out to in case things go awry. I am glad you got to meet them.
    Waves to Laura, Annliz, Kathryn, the newbies and all who stop by.
    Lurking- Lynn

OK I did force myself on to the scale
    CW 197.2
    HW 207
    GW - 188 by 1/31
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options

Hi Lynn!
    That's a good mental health thing to take that week off to focus on enjoying family.

I think that we all will be finding it more natural to get down to business once this holiday season is over.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options
    Got 2 of my coworkers to speak up to HR so with any luck gears may turn. We shall see.

Curling up with Miss T -

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Only had one m&m cookie at work as I had the last pumpkin pie piece at home waiting for me.

Pit stop around 1am got me out of bed and could not go back to sleep so took dog out and we will curl up again a little early with any luck I will get more sleep.

New Years Eve with gun shooting morons living nearby sleep will be hit and miss tonight. Luckily I have tomorrow off, havent always when I worked retail, so I am grateful.

Not sure about lurking at work today, but will try.

Wishing all a good New Year's Eve and that you welcome in 2020 in grand style.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Good morning Sara -

Well, I went way off track yesterday, and there was a great battle inside my head beforehand. Then I caved in.

I'm pretty sure that this is a cognitive-behavioral thing, and I hope that it can get addressed when I meet with my new therapist on Friday the 3rd.

Living alone is really hard for dieting. There is no one around me to encourage me or tisk-tisk me when I either think about going off program or actually go off program.

Any of you who has a diet buddy, especially in their house, is very fortunate.

So Sara, I am in the early stages of thinking about going through the Beck Book (The Beck Diet Solution) in this new year, here on our thread. Nothing heavy - just presenting ideas.

I do miss the old, old Weight Watchers Community Boards. That one woman went through the Beck 42-day thing three times per year on a special thread. She was good at presenting it well on the boards.

The only thing I am doing to usher in the New Year is staying home and staying out of trouble in every way.

Time for more coffee~~

Lana

254.6 today
    255.0 highest
    179.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lana- I am at work, but I am linked to the FB page that she created, with any luck I will remind myself to give you the details...... LIke you I may need to spend some quality time there as well.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    Lana- I am at work, but I am linked to the FB page that she created, with any luck I will remind myself to give you the details...... LIke you I may need to spend some quality time there as well.

Sara - this is exciting news!

Lana

• Tilliesmommy1
    edited December 2019
    Options
    pg2hgbgbgm1n.png

in case I fall asleep before I post this after work......
  • fatoldladyonamission
    Options
    Hey guys, sorry I totally disappeared. Life has been so crazily busy that I barely have time to log most days let alone post anywhere.

Glad to see you’re all still here and going strong. I’ve stuck with it and am now almost 61lbs down, which I’m utterly delighted about, especially considering I haven’t felt like I’ve missed out over Christmas.

Hope you have all had a good one and that I have more time in 2020. Hubby now has his new leg so hopefully that’ll take the pressure off of me a little bit!

Happy new year all 😘
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    okay Lana took me awhile to find it and I will "regroup" so I can find it easier

on FB look up judy's b3ck book review and i will also follow it more closely.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year! Enjoying a nice, quiet night at home. Hearing gun shots...thankfully, seem to be far enough in distance, pups can’t hear...have a great night everyone and, here’s to a great new year
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    Wednesday, January 1st

gvj6vtahxzkv.jpeg
  • LanaCabana537
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Hey guys, sorry I totally disappeared. Life has been so crazily busy that I barely have time to log most days let alone post anywhere.

Glad to see you’re all still here and going strong. I’ve stuck with it and am now almost 61lbs down, which I’m utterly delighted about, especially considering I haven’t felt like I’ve missed out over Christmas.

Hope you have all had a good one and that I have more time in 2020. Hubby now has his new leg so hopefully that’ll take the pressure off of me a little bit!

Happy new year all 😘

Nikki - You are an inspiration! Please stop by more often. I want your good vibes to rub off on all of us. Also glad for you to hear about the news of hubby's leg. 🤗

What weight loss plan are you using?

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    edited January 2020
    Options
    okay Lana took me awhile to find it and I will "regroup" so I can find it easier

on FB look up judy's b3ck book review and i will also follow it more closely.

Sara - You absolutely rock!!! That is absolutely the woman from the former Weight Watchers Community Boards who kept up that wonderful old thread of inspiration.

Thank you for knowing about her and sharing it. Big hugs coming out to you girl! 🤗

Lana

254.6 today
    255.0 highest
    179.0 goal
  • LanaCabana537
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Waving to Dawn and Missy and Kathryn and Tracy in Tennessee and Lynn and Laura and AnnLiz and Runa and Saltine and Tracey in Edmonton and all the new peeps and anyone else who stops by later on~~

I have to jump into the shower - my old ladies walking group did not take the holiday off, for which I am grateful.

Lana
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year to all denizens of the Cabana!

May we all be successful on our individual paths this year. Thank you for being here!

Signed,
    Tracy in Tennessee
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Good morning

Late for me as the neighbors banged their way until 1:30ish. So I had a late breakfast and shower.

Walking on my plan sometime today. There are 4 other companies that I can transfer my skills to so I am setting them up on my favorites to frequent for job openings.

Found my pink book as well. Thinking of broccoli quiche for meals. I was up a long time waiting for the fireworks to stop......

Some Murder Mystery binge watching as I lounge in a warm place with Miss T.

Wave to all who follow.
  • Rocky_Runa
    Rocky_Runa Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Happy NewYear & New Decade to y’all!! I just got back from my first real walk in the new neighborhood. It is windy and I wish I had worn a hat so my ears didn’t end up stinging so bad.

Chest X-ray showed something there. Finished second round of antibiotics Monday, but still have dry, unproductive cough that hurts. 😢

I hope everyone had a safe and happy transition into 2020!

Runa
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

These weeks with holidays in the middle are so long. Yikes I still have 2 more days of work with these people.

Swiss cheese is more expensive and so cost may determine which cheese I use for my Quiche - but any preferences for cheese with Broccoli Quiche?

It is not that my life is so boring that this is all I can write, it is so complicated I have lists to help me on my kitchen counter. Still waiting for a review/decisions/ answers, but I will keep plodding along. 2020 will be about healthier eating for me.

Lurking from work when possible.

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited January 2020
    Options

It's Thursday morning, but it feels like a Monday.

Sara - you are right about the weeks being long when holidays are in the middle.
    Would some store brand domestic swiss or cheddar work? What about store brand "4-cheese blend" shredded cheese?

Runa - sending good vibes that you get better soon. Congrats on your first big walk yesterday.

Lana

253.8 today
    255.0 highest
    179.0 goal