Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Good morning.
    Lots to catch up on. Dawn I am sorry you are in a rut as well. The winter doldrums, TOM, all catch up to us. I forget your weather - take some short walks? dance when no one is watching? crank the Christmas tunes? But mostly be kind to yourself! You did great at the work buffet! just think how it could've turned out - Bloated stomach and feel awful. This way you felt pretty darn good about yourself and were healthy to boot!
    Lana - glad it is going well with Ru. You be sure to do something for yourself with that $ :smile:
    Sara - glad it worked out with HR. I hope it continues to do so. Sometimes you can get dog meds through like CVS or Walgreens as well for a good price!
    my house got cleaned this weekend so that feels good. Ready for the holidays!
    Lynn
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,333 Member
    Options
    heard from HR someone is supposed to follow up with me after I listed some of my concerns, I have more on a list I made this morning. What an earful.....
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    wow! feel like i have missed a lot! i am finally feeling more like normal. the probiotics seems to be making a difference. food poisoning is not something i would wish on my worst enemy. ugh! thankfully, i am a lot healthier for Christmas!

i got my "annual" review with the company that has only been in place for 3 months. my supervisor bumped me up on a few things. he thinks I am doing great and said he is thankful to have me here. guess i cant argue with that. the bridge contract was extended again into January. still no clue to what the gov't will decide on the final contract. but then again, when has the gov't ever really done anything expeditiously??

i will be spending the rest of the afternoon just trying to catch up on what I have missed in this group!!
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,848 Member
    Options

Kathryn - I am glad that you are feeling much better after that food poisoning. I don't know how often you've had this in your life. I've had it several times, and mine would blow through rather quickly. That makes me think that you had a really dangerous bout of it. So glad to hear that you are now mostly OK. Big hugs~~

Lynn- I am jealous that your house is clean! That's a lot of work to do. People never know how much work it is.

Sara - You deserve a break with all of this work *kitten* you've been dealing with.
    In the meantime, how are you settling into your apartment? I imagine that that will take a bit of doing. Like housework, it takes time to unpack and make a new comfy home. I hope that over this holiday you can forget about work for a day or two and make yourself happy in your new abode.
    How has Miss Tillie taken to the new location?

Hey girls - 👋🏻 Waving to Runa, and Saltine, and Tracey in Edmonton, and AnnLiz and Laura and Nikki all in England, and Tracy in Tennessee and Missy in New England.
    Welcome to anyone else who stops by later on~~

Lana

🎄🎄🎄
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I need to get the physical prescription first, so I have a week left for her so no trouble with the holiday. I will have to check chewy. thank you
    You are welcome... I didn’t think about some stores carry pet meds, now...even Wal Mart has some...hope you are able to find a way to get Miss T’s easily and at a good price.

• arniedog74
    Options
    Good morning All~~

Raining and super-gloomy here.

Ru's owner told me that he hates the rain, and it's even hard to get him to go outside to pee and poo. Well, thankfully, that was not the case this morning: out he ran, as if it were dry, and did everything he had to do, and then wanted to walk around the back yard (I take him on a leash). I had my umbrella intended for him, but he didn't care at all that it was raining. He just walked along and stopped to smell the smells in the air. It was only sprinkling, but I was glad that he did his thing and I didn't have to deal with the doggie rain coat. Yay!

He does have all of his stuff here: comfy crate with cushy bed in it. His regular laying-on blanket, padded underneath with several beach towels. An old comforter of mine in another spot, which he is happy to lie down on. His kongs and his food bowls. I guess he's doing OK. His mistress will come and get him Thursday evening. So far, so good.

Dawn, he does have anti-inflammatories to take if he shows any of a list of signs that was given with his nicely detailed care instructions, but so far, his arthritis et al has not been in evidence. That's good.

My day will be sorting and filing that stack of mail that I let pile up. I have not implemented a good filing system quite yet.

Sara - Leandro has brought some "kindness and understanding" spray from Brazil. He says it is not always effective, but you can take it to work to use on anyone who is not nice to you.

Dawn - I'm with you on the depression. We will get through it. I hope.

Lana

no idea what I weigh - it can't be good, so I avoid the scale

Glad Ru was a good boy and did his business in the rain...my girl runs out, turns and looks at as if I’m crazy and runs back to the door. Never actually leaving the porch..lol..good that he doesn’t seem to need pain meds, too often...if rain continues, he may begin to be achy...

We will get thru this...one day...
  • arniedog74
    Options
    brennerjlb wrote: »
    Good morning.
    Lots to catch up on. Dawn I am sorry you are in a rut as well. The winter doldrums, TOM, all catch up to us. I forget your weather - take some short walks? dance when no one is watching? crank the Christmas tunes? But mostly be kind to yourself! You did great at the work buffet! just think how it could've turned out - Bloated stomach and feel awful. This way you felt pretty darn good about yourself and were healthy to boot!
    Lana - glad it is going well with Ru. You be sure to do something for yourself with that $ :smile:
    Sara - glad it worked out with HR. I hope it continues to do so. Sometimes you can get dog meds through like CVS or Walgreens as well for a good price!
    my house got cleaned this weekend so that feels good. Ready for the holidays!
    Lynn

Thank you...it always gets to me...this year just seems to be one of the worst..which, is funny in a way...I’m doing better in my job, I’m growing my Scentsy business.... and, I just feel more down than ever..good job with house cleaning huge NSV I say...
  • arniedog74
    Options
    hickchic67 wrote: »
    wow! feel like i have missed a lot! i am finally feeling more like normal. the probiotics seems to be making a difference. food poisoning is not something i would wish on my worst enemy. ugh! thankfully, i am a lot healthier for Christmas!

i got my "annual" review with the company that has only been in place for 3 months. my supervisor bumped me up on a few things. he thinks I am doing great and said he is thankful to have me here. guess i cant argue with that. the bridge contract was extended again into January. still no clue to what the gov't will decide on the final contract. but then again, when has the gov't ever really done anything expeditiously??

i will be spending the rest of the afternoon just trying to catch up on what I have missed in this group!!

Good to see you! So glad you are almost back to normal..it feels good to be acknowledged at what you do...not many bosses will admit they are thankful for you..
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Called former coworker to see how her job with the state is going and asked if I call her again. Never know if former coworkers are still friendly after they leave..... Also called my father who thinks the whole recent job change smells fishy and I told him I had an apt with HR Thursday....Glad I set up my meals as I am more likely to find junk food for meals if not planned and waiting.

Lana - I will work a little more on cleaning out boxes this week (I hope). Just not sure where to put everything. Dog is doing better but she wanted into old place and they have appliances pulled out on the walkway and worker came out and I had to pick up dog and stop her from going any further - to her that pathway leads home still. She is in comfort otherwise.

3 strings of lights up - I told my father I wanted Santa to find me. He says I am a little old for that. I told him I wanted to sit on Santa's lap anyway.

Short day tomorrow at work - wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

The place I work for is Catholic based and so we must stop working at noon. So half day for me- will come home and sleep/unpack etc.

Wishing those who are on their way for Christmas gatherings a safe trip and a great festivity.

Merry Christmas Eve.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Indeed! Merry Christmas Eve!

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Well, Ru's "good" streak was too good to last, it seems.

As per owner's suggestion, I have a comfy area set up on the floor right next to my big table where I spend most of my time. Nice blanket/bed of his, and also his lamb skin little rug right next to it.

Yesterday evening, unannounced, he stood up from his blanket, looked around, struck his peeing stance, and peed all over his lamb skin rug. It completely caught me off guard.

Of all the things that cannot go in the washer. I took the wet half and ran it under cold water, but I don't know what else to do with it. I will text owner, and let her know....

Also this morning was the first time he didn't poo like usual. Something is off. I hope that he gets back into his Ru-tine! LOL - my sister came up with that one.

Thanks for letting me write my Ru anxieties here on the boards. I never had a dog of my own. I only have had in-laws and friends with dogs. So that's where I got my measly experience.
    - - - - -
    I am grateful the sun is up today. No more dark depressing skies.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lana - he is missing his mother -google pee stains some over the counter, but vinegar may work as well.

at work, sshh
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    Lana - he is missing his mother -google pee stains some over the counter, but vinegar may work as well.

at work, sshh

Thanks Sara -
    Rachel brought a special spray cleaner when she dropped him off.

I'm glad you have only 1/2 day today. Enjoy your holiday!

Lana
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    Have a lovely Christmas everyone
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Time to curl up with Miss T and call it a night and wait for Santa
  • arniedog74
    Options
    annliz23 wrote: »
    Have a lovely Christmas everyone

Merry Christmas

• arniedog74
    Options
    Time to curl up with Miss T and call it a night and wait for Santa

I hope he finds you..hugs and Merry Christmas
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Lana- I agree with Sara, he is missing his mom and his environment. Did he wake up and do this? Or, walk over to blanket and pee? Could also be an age thing...I think you are doing well for not having had a dog before...I think you have a pretty good houseguest...that helps...hopefully, this is his only accident..

Merry Christmas...hope you have a great day
  • kylieabbot6226
    kylieabbot6226 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, can I please join the group also.

Many thanks, Michaela.