Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,261 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Hi all a lazy day here in Shropshire weather not at it's best so cold and damp even the dogs didn't want to go out.

That's a great picture of Tillie, I have tried having green tea or fruit teas instead of my yummy Yorshire tea.

Welcome Arnie, it takes time to see the changes but stick at it and you will get there!
    Lana glad you enjoyed the chocolate sometimes we have to have a guilty day!

Getting a bit confused with everyone's names here maybe having a senior moment🙄
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I have already asked 2 people at work from other depts if they know of openings. It is a start.

Lynn - I was also the farthest away person who got to work and usually just felt exhausted on bad weather days. But we know we did it!! Yippee!

Sorry things aren’t going so well at work. Sounds like it more the trainers fault than anything. Good that you are putting out feelers...and, I agree, don’t go down without a fight
  • arniedog74
    Options
    brennerjlb wrote: »
    Good morning.
    Sara - keep your chin up! And yes!!Fight!!!
    Hello Tracey!
    What is with all these work evals right before the holidays. Makes for a lot of stress!
    Lana - get those Cabana boys ready! Your house guest sounds fun!
    Dawn - advice from one who is well into her work life. I remember being the person risking the roads and coming in feeling like *kitten*. Now as I look back - I am probably the only one who remembers. Pretty sure it got me no where except putting my safety and health at risk. Bosses/owners of course will express appreciation, but to me- not worth it.
    Anyway...not much new here. have yourself an awesome Wednesday!
    Lynn

I have always been this way. And, you are right, it gets me nowhere. I guess, it makes me feel good to be the reliable one. But, if I crash and/or injure myself, they’re not going to be there for me and I’ll be out pay. DH tries to convince me of this, every time it gets bad. Heck, they called me in when I was so horribly sick. I went..with DH strongly advising me not to. They sent me home cuz I was worthless. That’s just the kind of person I am. It’s not for recognition or pat on the back...cuz, I get neither. I just worry the entire time I’m not there. I know they will survive without me. It’s just all in my head...
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Lana- your visitor sounds fun...as long as he doesn’t leave random “presents” for you to find later
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,329 Member
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

Slept very well last night. Had music on most of the day so I could filter out so much of the drama at work.

Today is Company Breakfast and Gift Exchange / White Elephant which my trainer just loves - rolling my eyes without doing so - thanks Lynn for the reminder. Lunch is Tri Tip Salad - so dinner should be small......

Dawn, those animals and coworkers are lucky to have you and your dedication. I am without family on holidays so I have had to come in day after Thanksgiving/ stay late Christmas Eve. I either got OT or another day off. You keep doing a great job.

Did contact HR and stated I wanted to file a complaint - have not heard back yet. We shall see.

Wave to all who follow. Lurking when I can.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,840 Member
    Options
    arniedog74 wrote: »
    Lana- your visitor sounds fun...as long as he doesn’t leave random “presents” for you to find later

Dawn - good point. I am being as preventative as I can be. I take him outside every three or four hours, and he will be getting at least one long walk a day. Thankfully, he gets right down to business whenever I get him just ten feet out into the back yard. 👍🏻 The first 24 hours went AOK.

Sara - Company Breakfast sounds scary. LOL! Lunch sounds good!

Tracy in Tennessee - hang in there baby!

AnnLiz - stay warm with your doggies! They are the best counterpoint to damp winter weather, I am sure!

Lynn - you too, with Miss Maggie

Waving to Kathryn and Missy and Nikki and Laura and Tracey in Edmonton and Saltine in Winnipeg and Runa and anyone else who stops by later on~~~

Lana

253.4 today
    255.0 highest
    248.0 Dec. 29 goal 😝
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lana think of all the extra steps you get in....... Tracy/TN how are you doing?

At work, seriously ugly vultures overhead - bbl
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Tracy/TN how are you doing?

Backstory: This is a very supportive and tight-knit company, but it is in transition and the changes I see are unsettling. We have had some departmental changes that have sent me into an emotional tailspin for about 6 months. My annual evaluation was yesterday.

It did not go well, but could have been worse. He got upset when he asked "What can we do to make it better?" and I said, "I can find another job." I cried a lot. Was prepared with tissues because crying is uncontrollable for me right now. Sometimes I cry just sitting still with no provocation and cannot make it stop.

I explained some of my personal issues (hearing loss, memory loss, anxiety) and how that is affecting my ability to learn the new things. Also, explained my learning methods. I cannot learn a list of numbers. I need physical parts to touch, see, and familiarize myself in order to serve the customers better.

We talked through some other things and it ended on a reasonably comfortable note. I told him that as always, I will do whatever needs to be done for the team.
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    So much food in the department this week. crazy. No streaks happening unfortunately. Caving I am. (note the star wars reference) :wink:
    Sun is shining, so today is a new day. Hope it is a great one for all!
    Waves all around!
    Lynn
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    Lana think of all the extra steps you get in....... Tracy/TN how are you doing?

At work, seriously ugly vultures overhead - bbl

Good grief Sara - If there are seriously ugly vultures overhead, make sure you are wearing your trusty pith helmet! Or at the very least, a large Mini Pearl hat!

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Tracy - Oy! Sending you the biggest hugs and Leandro with foot cream to massage your feet for you!

Lynn - I already forgot about streaks. I guess yesterday was the first day of my current 1.5 day streak! 😁

Lana
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Tracy - I must've been wrapped up in my typing and did not see your message.
    Big hugs sent your way! Take care of yourself! Stress is not good. Put your feet up and breath.
    Lynn
  • frenchfancy2014
    frenchfancy2014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    brennerjlb wrote: »
    Hi!
    So much food in the department this week. crazy. No streaks happening unfortunately. Caving I am. (note the star wars reference) :wink:
    Sun is shining, so today is a new day. Hope it is a great one for all!
    Waves all around!
    Lynn

Come on channel your inner Yoda - you’re a Jedi so connect with the Force ❤️❤️❤️🤣🤣xx
  • frenchfancy2014
    frenchfancy2014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    It’s nearly Friday!!! Woo hoo! I travel to France tomorrow for Christmas. I just have to pack my suitcase. I hate doing that. Just such a faff and worried I have so much to take. I keep putting g it off and I still have cards to write and post before I go. Going to be a long night. xxx
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Laura - have a great time!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited December 2019
    Options
    There is a rant waiting to be posted, I had it walking home...... I figure it may come back before bed time
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Tracy - our company merged with another which has meant cutbacks. So we are all looking over our shoulders. Dont need any more stress this year - do we? Glad your stressful discussion ended well enough.

Tomorrow is Friday for which I am grateful. I have more presents waiting for me to open than I have had in years so those at work have been generous. I dont discuss my small holidays as it is a "downer" so I guess I have just met some wonderful people this year at work.

My rant that I wanted to post solves nothing, so I move on. Wishing all a good night
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    FRIDAY

Good morning,

TGIF all around - this is the kind of week I am tempted to go streaking at work and blame it on stress.

Had a dream last night that I am now a cook at a hotel.

Seems I am a maniac about work before lunch and make mistakes, oh what to do? Stop working half hour before lunch or just slow down??

Fruit/Veg box is awol this month - it is probably at the office. I checked my other place and not there.

I sat at my dining room table and look at the presents - many people know of my struggles and it is heartening to see that I am not as invisible as I imagine -mgmt level different story - but I will never be mgmt too feisty

Not sure what today brings, will try and lurk

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning Sara~
    A hotel cook, eh?
    I hope that your fruit/veg box turns up. Very nice about the presents!

Are you very hungry, and that's why you are a maniac before lunch and make mistakes?
    Can you have some yogurt or fruit or cheese stick mid-morning, so you are not so hungry before lunch?
    I hope that you have a good day.

Baby it's cold outside - the rhododendrons are drooping/frozen~~

I will wait until after noontime to take Ru on a long walk somewhere. I need the walk. I almost went batty yesterday.

BBL

Lana

254.4 frustrating today
    255.0 highest
    248.0 12/29 goal 😰
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Fruit/Veg box found me so I am impressed.

Lana - yesterday we had our Christmas office party and while food was good/okay - I did find myself pushing so I could go to lunch. Everyday is a new adventure in that place.

Cannot for beans remember my state online password, so will make a new one tonight.