Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,329 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Good morning,

Well I took dog out about the time you posted Lana but she let me go back to sleep. Why are you up at this hour?

Making https://www.skinnytaste.com/cheeseburger-casserole/ mainly because I have a box of pasta that the expiration date is coming up but it also sounded good - serves 9 (6 in my house) so leftovers this week.

Got walnuts and apples for this weeks oatmeal - blue berries and ricotta still for today.

Neighbor is supposed to come by and put up lights I want them to all blink at once so Santa can find me.......

Back for more sleep.

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,839 Member
    Options

Hi Sara ~~

I clunked out to sleep last night at 10:30PM and I woke up a little after 6AM, so plenty of sleep here.

The cheeseburger casserole recipe looks pretty good. I agree with you on the 6 instead of 9 servings. I may try this soon.

Santa will find all of us because we have been good girls this year - always trying and never giving up!

Lana
  • frenchfancy2014
    frenchfancy2014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Hi all

Had a mad weekend - up to Peak District near Manchester and back in a day - 12 hours travel in total .... pooped. But pleased my mum so did the right thing. Spent today on sofa but put up Xmas tree. Not looking forward to week ahead as already tired....

Looking for ideas on how you motivate yourselves. Any tips/hints?

On the comfort thing... I bought a great foot file today. Just saw it in supermarket and it’s really done a great job on my hardened heels. Amazing how you feel better with a foot massage/pamper.

Waving to Lynn and Dawn and Kathryn and Tracy and Tracey and Nikki and Sara and AnnLiz and Saltine and Runa and Missy and everyone who stops by this evening.

xxx❤️
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Hi Laura~~

My motivation is looking every morning in the mirror and stepping on the scale.

Unfortunately, even though I am easily motivated, I also am easily emotional and too often "fix things" with over-eating. I will never give up though!

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning.

Weight up 0.2 cookies found me.

Put up some of the lights, cant get them to flash though :(

Recipe worked out better than last time, drained the chopped tomatoes and added ketchup not tomato paste.

Lurking from work - just rolling my eyes.

Wave to all who follow. Make it your best Monday.
  • SoulThriver88
    SoulThriver88 Posts: 27 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Hi Laura~~

My motivation is looking every morning in the mirror and stepping on the scale.

Unfortunately, even though I am easily motivated, I also am easily emotional and too often "fix things" with over-eating. I will never give up though!

Lana

I am looking for OTHER things to make me feel full or content... healthy goals...even something like a "cheat day" free treat once a week like a salon visit for a facial...some self-care regimen.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning Sara - waves to All~~
    Hey Sara, did I dream this? Did you say not that long ago that you were mailing a card? I have not yet received it. Or I dreamed that you said you were mailing something--my dreams feel so real sometimes that they can confuse me.

Stephane, look back one page. Laura (FrenchFancy2) shared a list of helpful, non-food things.

*tossing beach bag and towel onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

253.4 today
    255.0 highest
    248.0 Dec. 29th lofty goal
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Hello all! Happy Monday...sigh....I just wanted to stay home with my doggo today. Such sad puppy eyes.
    Busy weekend in which I did not continue my streak either Lana. Another sigh. Weekends are bad for me. I can learn to behave at the office and then bam at home I eat everything in sight.
    Anyway. This week I will try to be extra good with the holiday week upon me next week.
    I do splurge and buy colorstreet nails - stick on fun nails. and I have glittery ones with Christmas lights and reindeer on for this week. They make me happy while I type.
    Stephane - my thoughts...and how I would like to get my mind to think is that living a lean, healthy life should be motivation/goal enough. Being in that state feels so much better - clothes fit, moving is easier and less painful. That is how I try to motivate myself. I find that if I deprive, then I binge. A cheat day becomes many cheats, etc etc. And those honestly are not living healthy. But in saying all of that I am not successful all the time in this thought process :smiley:
    Sara - some strings of lights have an extra pack of bulbs and one of those has to be inserted for the entire string to blink. Waves and be careful with the eye rolling :wink:
    Waves to Lana, Dawn, Kathryn, Nikki, Laura, Suzu, Missy, and all others who stop by.
    Lurking.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    card mailed to nyc address you said it got fwd to nc.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    card mailed to nyc address you said it got fwd to nc.

Yes, mail is getting forwarded--I will be on the lookout!

😁
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Well, winter seems to have found us...not as bad as back home, they got 4”-6” yesterday and more, today. Yesterday was mostly sleet, rain and a little snow for us. Today, it has pretty much been not stop snow since before noon..but, it’s such a light snow, it’s not accumulating much...driving was slow going, but not too bad...we had no appointments this afternoon, so I was sent home at noon and another girl left at 1:00...there were 4 employees and about that many appointments all morning..not sure how the morning will be..DH wants me to call in already...I just can’t do that...too much guilt for me...people are flying down the highway, so maybe (hopefully) won’t be too bad...have not heard any plows go by all day..hmmm...well, fingers crossed I can make it out...I’d rather stay home, just can’t afford to and, it mentally bothers me if I don’t go...not sure why, I’ve always been like this...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

4 hour workshop training, how to stay awake?

Lady at work's birthday - she sent by a piece of gluten free chocolate cake. Ate most of it. Had no dinner as someone bought me lunch (even though I was eating what I brought).

Eval at work went well, only to have trainer come by and let me know I am making too many mistakes again and she had to sit with me. Dose of tylenol and we discussed some of my habits. Not an easy day on that front. Would like to call her a "tosser" but she likes Dr Who and might know the term.

1 more string of lights to put up - fourth is not the same lights so it is a 'one off'.

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    Good morning All~~

I just saw a big, fat possum waddle across my back yard. That's the first time that I've actually gotten to see one here in 11 years. Huh~

Dawn - If you can be safe on the roads, then head in to work. That's the type of person you are - you want to be there. You never know when a pet in need will walk in the door.
    My in-laws in Quincy, Illinois got 3 or 4 inches of snow, but they said warm temps are coming to melt it. I wonder if your part of Missouri will have the same?

Sara - sending good vibes for your workday. I hope the one off lights make you happy. 😊

I'll be on lounge chair by the pool at the Cabana Club working out my meals for the day. I need to start counting calories, which means weighing and measuring too.
    Baby steps, as Sara always tells us. 👍🏻🙏🏻💗

Lana

254.2 today
    255.0 highest
    248.0 lofty goal for Dec. 29th
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    had a 2nd eval this week - issue came up that I am listening to phone calls to see how people are talking to clinics = I did not know I was going to get training on this- I am able to wear headphones to help concentrate.

Acronym of the day is DAB - you make up your own interpretation.

looking for eye candy in all the wrong places. I will keep looking. If you see a short older woman kicking someone in the backside - it might be me.... >:)
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Did not make it to work, today. I was only one that didn’t. Hwy was sheet of ice and I didn’t want to risk it. DH offered to drive me. But, that would just mean that I would have to worry. I considered, going in late. But, they were really slow, so would have been pointless.

Lana- we didn’t get as much snow as other areas...maybe a couple inches. My family got 6+ inches...tomorrow should be much better...

Sara- hope the week gets better for you...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Woke up after midnight, could not get back to sleep. Hoping for some sleep before work.

Will have to contact HR got the "we dont think you are going to make probation" comment. Time to fight back if I can. Will also start networking.

Just too nuts for words. Good news is I have not inserted my face into ice cream yet.

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - Sending shoulder rubs out to you--that comment was so un-cool. Grrr.

Dawn - So glad you did not go in to work. Sheets of ice can never be safe.

So just a little while ago, my visitor for 9 days came: His name is Ru, and he is an older Cockapoo with a pretty golden coat. Evidently he is self-walking, ha, ha! He loves to just trot around the house. His owner says this is completely normal for him. He just goes and goes, and then plops down and takes a nap.

Waving to all who stop by later on~~

Lana

254.4 today
    255.0 highest
    248.0 goal for Dec. 29
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Just too nuts for words. Good news is I have not inserted my face into ice cream yet.

I have my annual work evaluation today. It will not go well. I'm having ice cream for breakfast and reading MFP while I eat it. :smile:
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Good morning.
    Sara - keep your chin up! And yes!!Fight!!!
    Hello Tracey!
    What is with all these work evals right before the holidays. Makes for a lot of stress!
    Lana - get those Cabana boys ready! Your house guest sounds fun!
    Dawn - advice from one who is well into her work life. I remember being the person risking the roads and coming in feeling like *kitten*. Now as I look back - I am probably the only one who remembers. Pretty sure it got me no where except putting my safety and health at risk. Bosses/owners of course will express appreciation, but to me- not worth it.
    Anyway...not much new here. have yourself an awesome Wednesday!
    Lynn
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    I have already asked 2 people at work from other depts if they know of openings. It is a start.

Lynn - I was also the farthest away person who got to work and usually just felt exhausted on bad weather days. But we know we did it!! Yippee!