Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Hi, can I please join the group also.

Many thanks, Michaela.

Hello!
    Of course you can join us~~
    This is just a running thread, and everyone is welcome. Drop in and say hello whenever you'd like!

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,332 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Michaela, welcome consider yourself joined - stop by and post when you can. Many people are celebrating, but they will be back to greet you.

Rain is not what was in the forecast, so I am hoping to not have trouble getting Chinese food today. Dog let me sleep in and I am thrilled. Walking is on my to do list.

Lana - when does Ru's mother come home? It could be if he only stayed 2 days he is okay but the longer mother is gone....??

Wishing all a wonderful Holiday.

qn4fcqdyi0g4.png

ch4uap1ze2qi.png

I couldnt decide, indulge me I am kranky - back to sleep.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited December 2019
    Options
    WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 25TH

mzn6su4cl2go.jpeg

• LanaCabana537
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Good morning Sara -

I hope that you got or will get more sleep. Sorry that it is raining out there; I hope that it lets up for your walk.

Ru's mother comes to pick him up tomorrow, Thursday early evening. He will be thrilled to see her and happy to be back home once he gets there. He'll be back to his normal Ru-tine!

*tossing beach bag and Santa Hat onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

254.8 today
    255.0 highest
    179.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    You might miss the company, let Ru's mother know if you are interested in more dog sitting....

My NSV for the year is I have not spent one penny in a snack machine. It does not lure me like it used to. Of course that doesnt make me a saint, but years ago I would find it daily.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Chinese food is beef broccoli with sweet/sour pork and fried rice. I have not had sweet/sour pork in forever as it is deemed "unhealthy". My lunch portion and dinner portion has enough vegetables to get my quota in. Sweet/sour pork can easily not be eaten for awhile, so another food that has lost its "lure".

Moved/unpacked enough to get sofa bed set up so dog and I can watch Christmas shows in comfort on the TV.

One more walk this afternoon at least. Probably a nap too.

• arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas everyone! Will post more, later. Hope everyone has a wonderful day
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

Back to work, always hard when Christmas is on a weekday. Have tomorrow off, so I can get my hair and toe nails trimmed - so very strange week.

Ricotta cheese and blue berries with my Oatmeal this morning, my microwave that comes with the unit likes to remind me that it is waiting for me....... I guess that is a good thing.

HR apt this morning, so will find out what the company line is. Not sure about lurking but will try.

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - keep us posted! Glad that you have tomorrow off for personal care.

Runa - So good to see you literally! You look great! I like your goal of taking care of your health -- love yourself! Absolutely. Cannot be said too often.
    I miss seeing you around - stop in when you can, even if only for a quick "peep"!

Waving to the Canada girls Saltine and Tracey and the girls across the Pond: Laura and Nikki and AnnLiz, and waving to Dawn and Tracy TN and Missy and Kathryn and Lynn and our newbies and anyone else who stops in later on.

Lana

did not weigh today
  • frenchfancy2014
    frenchfancy2014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas all. Hope you all really had a fun time with family and friends xxx welcome to Michaela 😍
  • frenchfancy2014
    Options
    I’m not going to touch chocolate or biscuits and instead I’ve found quinoa easy to cook so going to go on a mission to eat salad instead xx
  • space5
    space5 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Happy Christmas all! I've started or had intentions of starting so many times, I've lost count. I've been successful a couple of times, and managed to keep weight off for a couple of years each time, but the weight inevitably crept back when I stopped being vigilant. I just love food so much that I can't stop myself from overeating even past the point of feeling full. I'm desperately trying to change my mindset, so I'm hoping that this will help to keep me motivated. One step at a time...
  • frenchfancy2014
    Options
    Great job space5. It’s a step at a time and always looking forward ♥️♥️
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Not doing so well with food choices... not terrible... just 2 pieces of pumpkin pie (not at same time. Same day) trying not to let my complete frustration with my family get the best of me and eat my feelings. Neither my Aunt nor Uncle even bothered to call Gma for Christmas... not 1 of my cousins, bothered to contact her... she is missing her great grandsons... they don't care... uncle that lives with Gma, and his GF are so worthless.. all he worries about, is what will happen to him, if Gma were to go into nursing home or pass away... all she cares about is their upcoming wedding... its his 3rd, no idea how many times she's been married... sorry, this is quite negative... my frustration is showing..

Went to eye Dr., today... getting new glasses, after about 10 years (bout time hehe) unfortunately, the advertised 2 pair for $69.95 does not apply to me... because of lenses.. ended up with 1 pair, $350 ugh...I did, however, save $50 by being an eyecare Club member.. and, the guy was nice enough (if I can call it that) to mention, signing up for AARP (huge gulp) would save money...I had no idea, I could join at 45.. it saved me about $36... so, with all that, I guess I can say it was worth it...I just feel really old... bifocals and AARP all in the same day.. goodness
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Dawn, you are taking care of your eye health by wearing corrective lenses - age does not help. My cousin once asked me in our 30's if I had to wear my glasses to find the bathroom - some of us are much worse off...... Good job getting discounts and kudos to the guy who told you about aarp.

Why you are even bothering worrying about relatives who cant even call gma for Christmas I dont know, dont waste your energy. Spending positive energy on negative people is pointless. Except that your gma doesnt get her phone calls.

Will post again when I am home.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara- I agree about family. I just have to get it off my chest and then, i'm better.. its just disappointing. I worry about what my mom will have to deal with, after Gma is gone.. but, try not to dwell on it.. it was a fairly peaceful Christmas and, I am very thankful for that.

I told the guy I was appreciative of him helping me find discounts. He also tried to make me feel better about needing bifocals. Told me story of little 9 yr old girl, whose eyes are worse than mine and had bifocals. Not an age thing, necessarily.

Hope your day was good... enjoy your "me" day tomorrow
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Walking home in the company parking lot, I met up with one of the "newer" patrol guys after a chat I told him I might be terminated, he said if he gets the Sup job in the patrol dept he will see about me getting an interview. Not sure I can see myself in that role, but nice to know that there are possibilities out there.

So for tonight it is time to curl up and get warm.

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    FRIDAY

Good morning,

Woohoo happy Friday and TGIF - with my schedule this week it felt like we had two Mondays this week.

Space5 welcome! Stop by and post when you can. We have gotten lax with our question of the day/week - but that will with any luck restart in 2020. If you go back a couple pages many of us have pets - so great picture!

Many apts today with day off, will pick up dog meds and prescription for dog and see which pharmacy will fill it. Taking my knitting with me I started 2 scarves on a long round needle so I dont get bored.

Food choices are locked in for today, so while I still have biscuits/cookies I wont stray much further.

Wave to all who follow.
  • frenchfancy2014
    Options
    Dawn - I agree with Sara - don’t waste energy on trying to to figure out why relatives are rubbish. Just not worth your time. I just think ‘go to hell’ and move on. I know when I’ve done my bit. They’ll get judged at the end, don’t worry!

I know what you mean when you think you’re still young then get hit with things that push age in your face:) just accept the discounts :)

Sara - Good for you that nice people out there looking out for you.

Have great day all

Xx