Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Swimming on the agenda for today. Maureen how about Phriny Fisher, George Gently, Agatha Raisin? Not great but still good.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,854 Member
    Options
    qmde30g1mb09.jpeg
    *** MONDAY June 29th ***

Good morning All~~

*tossing beach bag onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

Overslept, must scoot, back later.

Thank you Lana for getting us started.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    lunch time- I now get to have "training" after lunch - which cuts my lunch by 3 minutes, thank you MM. It took 2 hours to find out my router cable needed to be unplugged and replugged - so there went my morning at work.

It must be Monday.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - You are having quite the Monday at work. Bummer. I hope that the "training" goes well enough.

🤗
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Wet and stormy afternoon here. I jogged and walked this morning--the jogging wore me out. So humid--before the big storm. Dogs didn't care; they loved it. Tomorrow I may have a herding lesson with a new instructor who lives much closer. Hoping it works out--can't do it if it rains.

So far, I seem to be about 1 lb down after being away in FL. Got right back on track this week after getting home (well, travel day was crazy). Feeling like any water retention may have already resolved. Some clothes are starting to feel a bit loose.

Holly and Sara, thanks for the recommendations. I haven't seen most of them so will give it a try. Watching Season 2 of Hidden now--a little slow moving for my taste but well done, so I stick with it. Welsh setting. Interesting to hear them speak in Welsh, too.

Might take the dogs out again for another couple miles--mud won't be too awful b/c everything was bone dry this morning. And they can wash off in the lake by the dog park--helps with the worst of the mud if they get into it. Waiting to see what Mother Nature decides in the next 2 hours. I don't mind being out in storms generally, but not out in the open like the DP is. I'll just have to walk by myself in the woods if it gets stormy again. At least they will not be crowded.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

***peep***

Need to come back and read; just checking in to keep me on track as best as I can

🌸

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Checked computer first for work, so far so good.

Went walking in shoes because they were easy to put on and now small toes are letting me know. Not smart.

My to do list went out the door as I got lazy yesterday, but today I have a to do list I cannot get away from - it includes seeing if I can get cheaper rental/car insurance....

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning Sara!
    Good luck with your search for the car insurance. 🚙

Maureen - You are doing great with your exercise et al~~

Waving to Dawn and Tracy and Kathryn and Holly and Lynn and Runa and all the new peeps and anyone else who stops by later on~~

Lana
  • mkculs13
    Options
    Greetings, all. Took Skye to practice working on sheep; it was fun. Will go weekly or more through the summer. I found a trainer much closer to home so it's easier to do.

Came home starving--ate a big breakfast and 20 minutes later, I'm still hungry. Nothing like fresh air to whip up an appetite--unless it's swimming.

Have a good one.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    bw31cqgv3n6c.jpeg
    *** WEDNESDAY July 1st ***

Good morning All~~

It's a new month--a fresh start!

Time for me to go walking with The Ladies Walking Group.

BBL

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good morning,

Thank you for starting us Lana - enjoy your walk. My step #s need to get larger. Working on it.

Yesterday was fiscal year end and Mrs Monster was not very pleasant. Today I can take my breaks and get more walking in.

Scale not friend - would help if I stopped buying/eating potato chips. That would be a good step.

• LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - My scale has been showing me some scary numbers lately. I'm going to try a re-start today. Nothing drastic to begin with, but more sensible choice-combos, increase the exercise a bit, and avoiding "comfort overeating" while there are some risky foods in the house. No, I won't throw food away; I want to learn to have healthier portions of them.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    yup me too, I waste enough money on food and then dont eat it all - so more walking- breaks especially and if I have to eat while working then so be it.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Today was DH stress test. It went well. His heart didn’t do it’s funky thing one time...not once...thley only had him walk on treadmill...next Monday is re check and, he kept monitor on all week...so, hopefully, they will know something from that. He is pretty much convinced it’s anxiety and dehydration...maybe..but, would that actually show on a monitor? I mean, I watched the screen in the ER...it wasn’t normal...not normal at all...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Hugs Dawn, they need all the testing to rule out possibilities. I am glad he went and that he kept the monitor on. They may even rule out anxiety and dehydration!!!! It was probably a long stressful day - do something nice for yourself even it is going to bed early/on time.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

Today is my Friday which is worth celebrating but I just realized I will go into negative time off and not get paid for my 3rd day off which has 2 doctors apts. Oh well, what do you do?

Working on walking better and water and so far the scale is moving slowly down.

• LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning Sara~

Dawn - I second everything Sara said. DH's cardiologist is doing all of the usual testing it seems. Have they mentioned doing an echocardiogram aka Cardiac ultrasound?
    I've had to do a stress-echo, where I would work up my heart rate on the treadmill, and then jump onto the exam table next to the treadmill so they could do an echocardiogram while the heart rate was elevated.
    Cardiology is interesting stuff.

I am grateful that the sun is out, and it is a new day.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lana I have done stress echo as well and with my iffy lungs it was no fun at all, but they needed to do it.

Good day to walk here too.
  • mkculs13
    Options
    Hey, all. I could not get onto this page/thread yesterday; no forums at all. So odd.

Dawn, I hope they can figure out what is going on with your husband and that it is relatively minor.

Took Skye for her first ride in the kayak--lots of fun. She jumped in the water twice and fell in once, so we got practice hauling her back in. She has her own vest and I'm not too worried as long as we are with others--and I never boat alone.

Feeling hungry this week but sticking it out. Hope that's just from all the casual eating (like that phrase?) I did in FL. I was still careful, but I definitely wasn't worried about losing weight while there.

I wore myself out running in the heat on Tuesday, which didn't happen but once in Florida, ha. Still walked a lot yesterday, but taking today off. Paddling today, tomorrow, and Saturday, so walking/jogging will be 1x/day in the evening. I like the 2x a day visits to the dog park but sometimes there are other fun things to do.

Take care and talk to y'all later.