Serial Starters

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,318 Member
    Good morning,

Its Monday just glad boss is OFF from work - the combination is sometimes difficult.

Got neighbor to kindly grill the tri tip pieces (5) I had so now I can use them as needed. Steak salad is on tap for today.

Scale is doing okay still staying low. Walking is a little easier but air is still iffy.

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Good Monday morning.
    Well not really, but I can pretend :)
    Just checking in - not much new.
    Lynn
  • Tilliesmommy1
    k05ie4be2vsj.png

Good morning,

Went to bank to see about home loan, guy was not there but "will call me". Love phone tag. Got my computer security system set up so that there are no "gaps" in coverage.

Busy money day - luckily neighbor shared part of her chocolate birthday cake (small but sugary piece) nice way to end day.

Scale up but air quality #s starting tomorrow are better so more walking

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,816 Member

Good morning Sara~~

What a cheerful yellow flower! Glad to hear that your air numbers are getting better.

I am suffering with the sound of chain saws on the property next door - some trees are being removed; it's going to be an awful day.
    I can run a few errands, but with this Covid, there are few places to go to get away. I miss movie theaters. Maybe I'll just go to our pitiful shopping mall and walk around and sit and listen to podcasts?

Lana

258.4 today
    263.6 highest
    179.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    gvdndggfcdr8.png

Good morning,

Half way through my bossless week, days are quieter but go just as fast.

Contacting my bank was enlightening, they dont do mobile homes in parks only if you purchase the land. Okay that puts a line through that idea. Need to come up with another idea. I went got a couple pieces of dark chocolate and got 5k in my feet. So there.

• LanaCabana537

Good morning Sara~~
    Oh, you remind me of my mother: She very often would end what she had to say (or listen to) by saying "So there."
    I love hearing it. 😘
    It sounds as if you are working to find somewhere else to live - is that true?

Yesterday I went off the rails. Dang. I cannot wrangle my darker moods.

*tossing beach bag onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

259.4 today
    263.6 highest
    179.0 goal
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Have missed about a month on here! Things have been more than hectic with my SIL having double mastectomy, my sister having heart surgery, and my daughter having her thyroid removed. Throw in work, Jeep trips, money problems, issues at work, and bring to a low boil..... that has been my month!
    With travel and days at hospitals, I haven't been eating well at all. My weight reflects that too. I really want to get a treadmill again but am having trouble trying to find a place to put it in our house.
    Trying to get my calorie count under control in them meantime. Am not having much success so far.... but tomorrow is another day, right??!!
    CW - 180
    HW - 216
    GW - 150
  • LanaCabana537

Hi Kathryn - So good to hear from you. You must feel overwhelmed. You have had a very unfair amount of things to deal with. Take good care of yourself, especially mentally.
    Treadmills are tough if you don't have a good spot that you will enjoy working out in. However, once winter creeps in, it will be good to have one.

Big hugs to you - Alejandro and Jean Pierre are coming with a special goodie package for you, with plenty of pillow fluffing, etc. 😉

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Kathryn, glad you came back - sorry your month has been so rocky.

I took out my anxiety/anger and got 5k steps in. So there again!!
  • Rocky_Runa
    Rocky_Runa Posts: 140 Member
    Good Morning 🌞 It’s Friday.

Dr appointment went well. She was glad to see weight loss. This month, I should definitely hit the 200s for a recorded weight. I have weighed several times a day, still, so already seeing it, but only record on the first of the month and Saturdays. She encouraged me to get back into my routine and just do as much as I can.

The housing situation remains questionable and the other stresses continue. I don’t talk to folks much because I just end up sobbing. Too much grief and pain that I have tried to put aside now refuses to be ignored. It gets too hard to fight with well-intentioned people who want to fix or explain away my pain. What happened to the art of just being present with someone and allowing them to feel? I am better off alone instead.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • LanaCabana537

tfhp95yr67wr.jpeg
    *** October 8th ***

Runa !!!
    I must post and run, because I have my therapy appointment very soon.

I shall return 👍🏻

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good morning,

Woke up cold, so I am hoping the Indian Summer is over.

Scale is being kind but then I am not grazing while I am working like I used to.

2 more days w/o boss need to appreciate the quiet.

• LanaCabana537

Sara - Is the boss who has been out this whole week a different person from Mrs. Monster?

☀️
    Runa, you said
    "It gets too hard to fight with well-intentioned people who want to fix or explain away my pain. What happened to the art of just being present with someone and allowing them to feel?"

I hear you loud and clear on this. It is not part of the fabric of our society to simply be there for people who are suffering. This is not cultivated at all.

Instead, we have a culture of treating things in the style of a ping pong match: Everything you say about how you feel is received and judged and, even though you have not ask for it, opinions are immediately lobbed back at you about how to fix it and handle yourself with it.

It seems to me the rare time that other people can keep themselves reined in is at a funeral parlor. Gah.

Wishing you peace~~

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Lana - no same person. Just got news that I can pick up my ergo chair from work and use at home while I am working from home - my knee will thank me. Have to wait until boss comes back next week.
  • LanaCabana537

Sara - that's good news about being able to have your ergo chair! ✨
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Hi All!

How is everyone doing? Man has my life been busy. Haven’t stopped. I decided to cancel my WW membership as my schedule has been a bit booked. I’m looking to take a small staycation soon. I’m also looking to update my fitness tracker from a Fitbit to a either a Garmin Fenix 6s Sapphire or an Apple Watch Series 6. I have an iPhone and have had an Apple Watch before but I can’t decide between the 2. Any suggestions on which one is better than the other?
    Hope everyone else is doing well!

~ Missy
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Hello!
    Runa - I have been thinking on your post. I think I am one of those fixers. Thanks for pointing that out. I will try and find times I can just listen. My kids, I am thinking may find that a nice change of pace.
    Sara - sad for you tomorrow is Friday. Glad you enjoyed your monsterless week.
    Missy - I have a Garmin - because of an incentive program at work that offered a "higher" level of a garmin over a fit bit. More watch for the price. It is a Garmin Vivioactive. Bought it for the mapping feature and music. Hoping when I hike, if I got turned around I would use maps... I have NEVER figured out the maps. I like the music piece with bluetooth headphones. Decided again apple watch only because it requires daily charging. My Garmin goes days. So that's that and all I know :wink:
    Lana - sending you hugs as well!
    Maureen and Kathryn - you both have been through a lot with medical support for others. That is draining. Be sure you are taking care of yourself!
    Lynn
  • LanaCabana537

Missy - good to see you! I'm glad you stopped by. Keep on chugging along with your puppers!

Lynn - you are funny about just listening to your kids! 😁

Wow, it is almost bedtime.....but maybe just a little more time with the jigsaw puzzle....

Sweet dreams 💤
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Lana - thanks for sending the CBoys! its much appreciated!
    Sara - great news on the ergo chair. also nice to know you are getting a break from the monster!
    Lynn - I am trying to get some time for myself, but things are hectic with work, Jeep clubs, etc. This weekend is a swap meet that one of our clubs is putting on.
    Runa - glad to hear your knee is doing better! and congrats on the WL!!
  • LanaCabana537
    r9y8ebcvi76x.jpeg
    *** October 9th ***

Good morning everybody!

One eye is open.....

*waving to Philippe for another cup of coffee*

Lana