Options

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,840 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    rnyt38npv9k5.jpeg
    *** Nov. 29th ***

Wow - November is almost over. At this rate, spring should be here soon! At first I thought that I should hang an inspirational bathing suit in the kitchen or bathroom - but it really should go in the front seat of the car, so that I do not buy trouble foods at the store!!!

Angel - These are hard times with pandemic and holidays and winter.
    Also, we women can always count on our dang hormones for messing up our feelings, emotions, etc.
    👍🏻 Put getting counseling on the very TOP of your list. It will help!!👍🏻

Sara - Happy cookie baking. That must make the place all warm and snuggly. Mmmmm 😋🥰

Waving to Dawn and Lynn and Tracy and Runa and Melissa and Maureen and Missy and Kathryn and anyone else who stops by later on~~

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,330 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

Last day I can sleep in so I did.

Lana you are right - hormones and holidays are a bad combination to expect weight loss, but keep trying.

Lana can you get a car seat cover that has a bathing suit on it?

I may have to talk to my psychiatrist about upping my meds. Work is getting to me again. Of course if Monster has her way I wont be there anyway.....and up until now she always got her way. How can you expect someone to be at everyone else's production when you are still in training? So I muddle through. We shall see what we shall see.

My car brakes are squeaking and I have put that down on my December to do list.

A walk is in order every day anyway. So I need to mail some things so I will get out of the house.

Cookies were not made last night butter takes too long to soften and I will not be up late baking. Today is the day.

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    i2mcep7ndtr0.jpeg
    *** November 30th ***

Hey All~~

Just getting us started.....Lots to get done today~

*tossing beach bag and sunglasses onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Insomnia - seeing Monster again after 4 days - found me last night. P U

Came home from work and passed out. I am doing better than I was last time I tried to learn this material and gee I can imagine that it will not be a cake walk- but I am on better ground this time.

May get neighbor to come and take down their decorations and put up my Christmas lights. One of my favorite things about the holiday are the colored lights.

Scale is okay, body looking better but I am dealing in baby steps again. Too much going on at so many levels-

Wave to all who follow - stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    qgd75eglmsyv.jpeg
    *** December 1st ***

Good morning Sara~~
    Your job is taking too much out of you. Sending peaceful vibes your way. Christmas lights are the best!

I'm off to the airport; going to NYC; returning home on the 9th. Many unavoidable appointment; I'd rather not go, but no choice really.

Waving to everyone who stops by later on~~

Lana

265.0 today
    268.4 highest
    179.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening.

Lana, good flight good food and glad you are going to your appointment.

Work is hard enough but when we are short staffed it just is insane. I try to go to bed earlier... today I had a dental apt so I have a feeling without my afternoon crash it might be easy to sleep.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    q6hlcemkbbnm.jpeg
    *** December 2nd ***

Just getting us started. I made poor food choices yesterday, including a ton of Chinese delivery, so I don't feel so hot today.
    Dreading the dentist today. Today is the more complicated, long appointment. Tomorrow is a filling on a different tooth. Ugh.

It is really lonely here in NYC. Even more stores and restaurants have closed since I was here in October. A real downer to see. Almost none of my friends are in town; so many in the theater business have headed for the hills, so to speak. There's a memorial service for a stagehand who died recently, but I am not emotionally strong enough to go to it. Dang.

I have to think more positively and try to come up with some pleasant things to do with myself over the next week, in between all of the must-dos.

Thanks for letting me vent.

*waving to Jean Pierre for more coffee*

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good afternoon,

Home for day - counseling phone apt and will try and get some sleep in.

Lana - thank you for supporting the Chinese place you order from, so many are not open. Okay as long as the food you eat does not interfere with your teeth work - order Chinese all week long if you want to. Give yourself credit for being at the dentist and taking care of this. Can you watch Christmas movies on your tv/phone? Can you take a walk this week and get your steps in? Time to do the life hard stuff and give yourself points so that when you get back to the trails its time to do the food hard stuff again.

Let me know how the dental apt goes today. Hey can you have a doughnut for me this week and let me know how it is??

• LanaCabana537
    Options

Hi Sara - today's appointment went very well. Mouth is sore, but that is to be expected. Tomorrow is separate appointment for a filling in another area of the mouth.
    I walk to and from my dentist, so I got 3.5+ miles in today. I'm planning on doing the same tomorrow.
    Friday, my dermatologist is even farther away, so that will be a good walk!

Sara, speaking of donuts, there's a new Krispy Kreme in the Times Square/Duffy Square area. I have so far managed to avoid it!

*waving for Alejandro to bring two more Advils for me and Monster Repellent for Sara for tomorrow*

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    h4fxd9k47o2r.jpeg
    *** December 3rd ***

Oh goodness, did I get confused.
    I never posted this morning.
    Now it's almost 3PM on the Right Coast.
    I survived the 2nd dentist appointment, and I want to lay down and sleep, but I am waiting for a delivery which should come soon.

I couldn't walk the whole way to and from dentist today. Too freezing cold and I took some mass transit. Still, I clocked 3 miles and 6,800 steps.

Waiting for groceries to be delivered. Then a nap before dinner.

I hope that you all have a decent day today.

Lana
  • melichalupa
    melichalupa Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    @LanaCabana537 Hope you feel better!

I have been doing a 30 day HIIT Challenge for the month of December and wow... I’m tired. My husbands birthday dinner was last night and he is sabotaging me by bringing more and more panettone breads into the house! At least I can say I worked out.
    Hope everyone is doing well, the cold weather is getting in full swing here in NYC. I miss Manhattan festivities but have been more than happy to try and bring winter vibes into my apartment.
    ❄️ ❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

Stay safe!
    Melissa in NYC 😎
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good afternoon,

People from other departments are now helping us do our work as the bottleneck is causing them to not have any. But that is the good news. The bad news is my boss cant communicate for nothing and it is even more confusing than it needs to be.

Lana I hope your delivery found you so that you could also take a nap. Good job with the steps. I may hit 6k today how I have no clue.

Melissa - sometimes a 'draw' is the best you can do with food/exercise. Glad you were able to get a work out in.

• LanaCabana537
    Options

Melissa - my apartment is on W 49th St. in Manhattan. Whereabouts do you live?
    Midtown is even more dreary than it was when I was here in October. I did go by Bryant Park, and the ice rink is up and the little Christmas shops are set up on the perimeter. But so so many stores have closed; there's just brown paper up in their windows. So sad!
    It did not occur to me to go by Rockefeller Plaza to see the tree. Maybe I'll do that on the weekend.
    I have never had a panettone bread - I've always seen them in the stores. Is it a type of cake? Is it soft? Do you put butter on it?

Sara - I hope that things smooth out at work with other peeps helping with the bottleneck. Tomorrow is Friday! Hang in there. What do you have planned for the weekend?

Lana
  • melichalupa
    melichalupa Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Lana- panettone bread is like a buttery brioche bread filled with dried fruits. It’s very Italian and eaten especially during the holiday season. HE’S KILLING ME HERE. I put more butter on it which I am sure isn’t traditional among Europeans.

I love in Brooklyn and I work in the Bronx. I have either lived or worked in every borough- I bleed in Yankee pinstripe. I used to go see the tree with my husband and we would go to the thanksgiving parade and have hot chocolate afterwards in Columbus Circle. But that isn’t happening this year. Which is hard sometimes, I didn’t feel the pandemic so hard over the summer since my husband is originally from Long Island and we just would travel out East to do summer activities and the warm weather allowed for great social distancing. Not so much now and it is not worth the risk with elderly in-laws that depend on us.

Day 4 of HIIT Challenge and I am going to try and get some yoga in!
    Happy Friday everyone!!!

Melissa in NYC 😎
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    m3bdky3jsrr6.jpeg

It's December 4th!!!

Oh Melissa, that panettone sounds very good!
    I looked up what HIIT is, and fell over. You young ones can do that. Sara and I and the Cabana Boys will cheer you on!

Waving to Sara and Dawn and Lynn and Tracy and Kathryn and Runa and Missy and Maureen and Angel and everyone else who stops by today.

BBL

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Ok it is afternoon still (just) but it is Friday and I am done with work.

I do work ot 4 hours tomorrow. I am almost done paying off my credit card debt and I have lived a little lean, so a little extra $$ even after taxes is a nice reward.

Frozen leftover shepherd's pie for dinner. Too lazy to think beyond that.

Wave to all who follow, it is cool here but I know it is colder elsewhere so stay warm /stay safe and sane out there.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    294zif5kaab7.jpg
    *** December 5th ***

Good morning all~~

Sara - glad that you can pick up some extra work! The shepherd's pie sounds yummy.
    My sister down in Redwood City says that it's been chilly at night, but hitting some warm temps during the day. She says the worst though is that there isn't any rain; I guess December normally has rain? Dangerous for next year's fires potential.

I've got plenty to do today, but I might get a walk to an art supply store once the forecast rain stops.

BBL

Lana

265.8 today
    268.8 highest
    179.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good afternoon,

Groceries, work, then slept. There went my morning and part of afternoon.

Clouds no rain - January is usually our big month , but it has been really pathetic rain wise.

May put up lights, but then tomorrow is probably the day.

Baked potato with butter/cheese, beans and onions - okay a little bbq sauce and all will be well for dinner.

I learned how to crochet 4 different snowflakes this week (to decorate at work) and yes my hands are telling me about it.

Now to leave to open bag of cheetos alone...

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe and sane out there
  • LanaCabana537
    edited December 2020
    Options
    7850m0iu2na1.jpeg
    *** December 6th ***

Happy Sunday - I think that it might be sunny out there, but I can't tell from my cave of an apartment.
    Today is the one day on this trip that I have something enjoyable to do: have brunch/lunch with a good friend of mine. Yay!

Sara - Cheeeeeeetos! 😋💖

I hope that you all have a good day~~

Lana

264.6 today
    268.8 highest
    179.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good morning,

By now you may have had your brunch Lana and I hope you enjoyed it!!!

Quiet/lazy day here which is appreciated. No rain for week means I can go out walking.

Putting up some tree lights to decorate and making cookies are possibilities to make this a "non-slug" day.

Wave to all who follow - stay warm/safe and sane out there.