Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    @Tilliesmommy1 Completely agree. when the scale is going in the right direction, motivation and staying the course feels so much easier. Remembering that eating like crap isn't going to make the scale move correctly would be a good strong reason. I may need to make some notes and pin them up around the house.

My grandma used to use those acrylic paint pens on flour sack printed towels to "paint the design" instead of doing it with needle work. I have several sets of kitchen towels from her.

During my afternoon I did not remember any strong reasons to not have cookies and use extra extra frosting. My reason was "this should taste delightful" and it did. What frustrates me most is that I've been doing this weight loss journey for many years and I still don't have sugar beaten or afternoon snacks in line. This year I really feel like I'm failing more than being successful.

• SherryRueter
    Options
    Todays question.

How do you need to improve your perspective or see things differently in
    order to stay consistent and overcome excuses?
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,839 Member
    Options
    maylbgymjnjg.jpeg
    *** December 23 ***

Good morning ☀️

Sara - I just looked at the weather map, and I now can see the huge storm blob that is over your area and also my sister! I hope that you got your delivery OK, and that getting to and from work isn't awful.
    The acrylic paint pens sound like such fun. I do remember when you were painting the rocks and leaving them for others to see or find. That is so cool 👍🏻
    Also, I am with you on the business of seeing good numbers on the scale inspires more enthusiasm, and the other way, well, isn't so good.

Sherry - the holidays and all of the food being around can be torturous. If you eat the food, you feel guilty, and if you don't, you feel deprived. Unlike me, you seem to be an exercise person. Consider this until Jan 3rd: focus on your workouts to keep up your body, your muscle tone, but ease up on the holiday food guilt? Then attack it full throttle after New Year's? Even as I type this, it doesn't sound so great. Dang, this stuff is a sticky wicket.

Yesterday I allowed myself to choose poorly for dinner, and it was a processed food salt- and calorie-fest. Ugh.

*tossing beach bag onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

263.2 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,329 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon,

Home early for day. Actually got thrown out of office as we must be out by noon. SMH

Knitting and napping after a lunch of leftover mac/cheese/chili - not good in salt ##s but comfort and hot food.

Decided to wait until tomorrow to deal with people of the road. Not going far but just dot want to deal with it today.

Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    aiewsteiuqtx.jpeg
    *** December 24 ***

Good morning all~~

Just getting us started.....

Lana

261.8 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good morning,

Saw blue skies looking out window - partly cloudy but means that the nativity scene outside has a running shot of existing tonight!

Will go to Asian /International store and then get hair cut. Hope to make a pasta casserole in case I am too lazy to get out of the house Christmas day to buy Chinese food.

I am down 10 pounds from my highest weight in August, so something is working.

Wishing all a good day. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    bena7n0tl6lx.jpeg
    *** December 25 ***

Merry Christmas All~~

Sara - Yes, indeed, something you are doing is working! That is so great - I hope you have a fabulous day today!

Waves to all who stop by later on~~

Lana

🎄
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    l2rjit2d8hup.jpeg

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good morning,

Merry Christmas to those celebrating and Happy Saturday to those who arent.

MIssy love the picture and the names!!

Cold, windy and wet so not sure if I will go out. Baked Ziti worked well considering I didnt have a recipe and considering the weather I may just stay in. Nice that I can. My cousins' husband plowed snow. Money is money but wowie.

Wishing you all a great day. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    a2mlall8pptc.jpeg
    *** December 26th ***

Sara - mmmm.....baked ziti sounds gooood!
    Where does cousin live? When they were alive, my parents lived in rural area, and they depended on the man who would plow their very long driveway. They would always say that the ambulance would need to get to the house. Too true.

Missy - that is the best Christmas card ever!! What a family you have - adorable faces 🥰😍🥰

Anyone want to go for a walk with me today?

Waves to Tracy and Sherry and anyone else who pops by later on 👋🏻

263.4 today
    271.2 highest
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good afternoon - just,

I will go for a walk but I need an umbrella.

Cousin lives in Rockford. In rural areas plowing is mandatory and what your inlaws say is very true.

Gifted container of fresh ravioli for lunch there is so much I will have to probably freeze a serving or two, but on a cold day what a treat.

Wishing all a good day. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    @Tilliesmommy1 @LanaCabana537 -they are a good bunch took a few tries but got their photos. I may be daring enough to try for a group photo for next year or maybe learn how to use photoshop lol. Thank you 😊

I would go for a walk as well. Shouldn’t need an umbrella anymore. And snow is gone. 😔
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    kw40fjfixhbi.jpeg
    *** December 27th ***

Good morning all~~

I survived being on the phone for an hour+ with ATT service rep in El Salvador, in order to get my new internet working. Gah. I'm just proud that I accomplished changeover to a new service without any help from my ex, who always did such things. Yay!

Is everyone having a rather normal work week, or are you on holiday? Just curious.

Time for a shower....

Lana

263.4 today
  • gemwolf110
    edited December 2021
    Options
    kw40fjfixhbi.jpeg
    *** December 27th ***

Good morning all~~

I survived being on the phone for an hour+ with ATT service rep in El Salvador, in order to get my new internet working. Gah. I'm just proud that I accomplished changeover to a new service without any help from my ex, who always did such things. Yay!

Is everyone having a rather normal work week, or are you on holiday? Just curious.

Time for a shower....

Lana

263.4 today

I’m off and taking much needed relaxation.

Oh service change phone calls and setups are so much fun. My ex never did that.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Lana - I ask my knitters and "my husband does that" which is fine but what do you do when DH is not there? Glad you are taking on the "fun" parts of technology.

Cold here. Not sure about dinner, but hot tea/coffee will be part of the picture.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited December 2021
    Options
    25s9rp9hgsvz.jpeg
    *** December 28 ***

Hello all~~

I need to get to the store. I need vegetables of all sorts, and some skinless, boneless chicken thighs would be good to cook up and have on hand.

Also, I am struggling with unwillingness to exercise, so maybe I can get myself to do some light yard work to ease back into exercising.
    It's a catch-22: For the past few months, I have found I get very winded and tired easily when walking with the ladies, so I tend to not want to go because I cannot keep up with them any more. But I realize that I need to exercise to get my endurance back up there. 🤦🏼‍♀️

Waving to Tracy and Sherry and Sara and Missy and anyone else who stops by today 👋🏻

Lana

262.6 today
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Hey Y'all~~

Re: My Fitness Pal's Simple Start Challenge

I got an email saying that this site will be doing a challenge starting on Monday Jan. 3rd for 14 days until Jan. 16th, and it appears to be free.

It will focus on building new habits about protein, fiber, sugar, and water.

Seems pretty cool. I'm looking forward to it.

Lana
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    Hey Y'all~~

Re: My Fitness Pal's Simple Start Challenge

I got an email saying that this site will be doing a challenge starting on Monday Jan. 3rd for 14 days until Jan. 16th, and it appears to be free.

It will focus on building new habits about protein, fiber, sugar, and water.

Seems pretty cool. I'm looking forward to it.

Lana

I haven't seen it but, I'll check it out.
    I'm looking forward to being laser focused by Jan 3rd
  • LanaCabana537
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Hi Sherry 👋🏻

Here is a link. I had to google it; it isn't yet being touted on the main page of this site.

https://simplestart.myfitnesspal.com

🌴
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    rplvcq1kxxds.jpeg
    *** December 29 ***

Good morning ☀️

This morning I am definitely walking with the ladies.

Then I have to conjure up something that I can take to a sort-of potluck, sort-of lunch thing I have to go to. Maybe I'll just buy a bottle of wine (for their wine rack) and grab some sort of dessert item from Whole Foods? I like it better when I'm told "please bring a salad".

How is everybody's week going so far?

Lana

262.6 today