Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options

Hi Jordanna 👋🏻

You are so right about "one bad weekend" !!

I agree with you about MFP being so much better than noom. You got this!!

I managed to walk with the ladies today, and my mood is much better than on days with no exercise and no people contact.

I have to go search around this site and see what else there is.....usually I only come right here. I need to get out more! Ha ha!

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    wer92k1vli3w.jpeg
    *** March 1 ***

Wow, it is March!

I couldn't get back to sleep when I woke up at 4am. It will be a foggy, stumble-around day. Dang.

Today I will cook up the huge amount of boneless, skinless chicken thighs and freeze individual portions. This will be my go-to lunch meat instead of the usual salty, processed lunch meat.

I'm not doing to well with weight loss, but I can work at healthier foods, right?

I hope that all of you have a good day today 🍀.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

Meant to come by last night but after a 3 hour phone call with a coworker, my night was toast.

Eye test and Dr apt, my cataract in my good eye is increasing again. Otherwise things in eye-land are doing okay.

I have a secret meeting to go to on Monday - maybe things are moving along at work?

Tomorrow is day off so sleeping in is #1 and getting out and walking is #2.

Lana on bad days anything to stop the complete unraveling of all your good work is a step in the right direction.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    78ojvqyaizdx.jpeg
    *** March 2 ***

Good morning all ☀️

Sara - that is exciting to hear about your "secret meeting" on Monday. Maybe you will be transferred to a different job, not under Mrs. Monster? Whatever it is, the Cabana Boys and I are cheering you on!
    Thank you for the wise words about stopping complete unravelling! You are the best 😘

I'm walking with the ladies this morning.....well....I follow behind these ladies. They are healthy and fast! I'm like an old plow horse following a couple of retired race horses!

Waving to all who stop by today 👋🏻

Lana

263.0 today, heading in the right direction again
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,854 Member
    Options
    Happened to stop by today. Glad to see everyone again.
    Just haven't been on the MFP thread I guess.

Finally at 105# Started AIP protocol Jan 3rd and as of today I am at the last 2 foods to "remove" for the protocol. I have left my 1 diet soda a day and my "crush pineapple" drink flavoring. which means, I am having limited sugar / aspartame at this point. But otherwise I am having:
    Whole Foods: Greens, no nightshades, no fodmap. But I get sweet potatoes, no other potatoes, beans, legumes. No chocolate, no tomatoes, no green peppers, but onions are a yes, and so is garlic. Any meats, they would like shell fish more often, and organ meat (blech, not happening). - coconut or olive oil. Honey, coconut sugar. One protein drink (Vegan) a day.

Its going well. The hardest part is 2-5 because I get bored at work and well... normally look towards food to fill in that void. now I dont' have that as an option (oh, no caffiene/coffee). no dairy, no eggs.

Anyway, so I am still working out each morning. Feeling very good, and a lot less bloated...physically and mentally. The sun is out today (75 degrees) can't wait for 5pm!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Was out playing with the bubble machine and the neighbors 3 year old.

Update - meeting is tomorrow as I am taking 2 weeks off starting Monday. I need to sleep as I am the walking exhausted.

Lana you went walking if you keep doing it you will be up with the healthy walkers. Think how nice that would be. Keep going.

I have french bread pizza in the oven with 2 baked potatoes to eat with black beans and sour cream.

I also have the makings for a large pasta with meat sauce. So many meals set up to have when I get home this week and next.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    5y2icm2cesum.jpeg
    *** March 3 ***

Wow Sherry and Sara - you are both getting it done, each in your own way.

Sherry my hat it off to you with all of those restrictions, but we must do whatever possible for our own welfare.

Sara - two weeks off!? That sounds fabulous. Sending good vibes for that secret meeting tomorrow.

Well, yesterday did not end as well as it started, and I went way off the rails. I ate out as an indulgence, and naturally the scale tracked it all for me.....out of control emotions and a sense of not caring, etc. etc.
    Back on track today. 👍🏻

Waves to all who stop by later on 👋🏻🌴

Lana

265.8 today
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

Was out playing with the bubble machine and the neighbors 3 year old.

Update - meeting is tomorrow as I am taking 2 weeks off starting Monday. I need to sleep as I am the walking exhausted.

Lana you went walking if you keep doing it you will be up with the healthy walkers. Think how nice that would be. Keep going.

I have french bread pizza in the oven with 2 baked potatoes to eat with black beans and sour cream.

I also have the makings for a large pasta with meat sauce. So many meals set up to have when I get home this week and next.

Good luck at your meeting!!
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    Hey there Missy 👋🏻

How are you doing up north? I hope that you are OK and not working too much~

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Happy Thursday Evening,

Meeting at work was not what I expected in that it was quite sterile. Gee why hadnt I said anything sooner? I was quite blunt in saying that I did not say anything as nothing was done the first time and I didnt have a lot of faith this time would either based on my history with this companies HR.

Just glad tomorrow is Friday.

• gemwolf110
    Options
    Hey there Missy 👋🏻

How are you doing up north? I hope that you are OK and not working too much~

Lana

All things are good just very busy. Maybe too busy. Tempted to consider giving up weekend job but might see if I can try to work only one weekend day instead of both. I don’t think they will have an issue with it.
    It’s up and down with weather. Can’t wait for spring to come and stay for a bit.

How are you doing?
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    Happy Thursday Evening,

Meeting at work was not what I expected in that it was quite sterile. Gee why hadnt I said anything sooner? I was quite blunt in saying that I did not say anything as nothing was done the first time and I didnt have a lot of faith this time would either based on my history with this companies HR.

Just glad tomorrow is Friday.

That’s sad one would hope that HR would take appropriate action but they not always do. Hope it gets better and that you have a nice 2 week vacation.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    g3tdq664s7zn.jpeg
    *** March 4 ***

Good morning all~~

Missy - yes, see if you can get a little more flex on your weekends. If you drop down to one day per weekend, maybe they can ask you from time to time to work both days, and that might suit you....?

Sara - HR is all about the protection of the company and is not meant to support employees. Just is. Unfortunately. It'll be good to get away from there for a while.

Today is haircut for me and then grocery shopping. The skies are blue and the sun is out, and I am grateful for that.

*tossing beach bag and mystery novel onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

265.6 today
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    g3tdq664s7zn.jpeg
    *** March 4 ***

Good morning all~~

Missy - yes, see if you can get a little more flex on your weekends. If you drop down to one day per weekend, maybe they can ask you from time to time to work both days, and that might suit you....?

Sara - HR is all about the protection of the company and is not meant to support employees. Just is. Unfortunately. It'll be good to get away from there for a while.

Today is haircut for me and then grocery shopping. The skies are blue and the sun is out, and I am grateful for that.

*tossing beach bag and mystery novel onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

265.6 today

I’m hoping that. Main job is seriously picking up really could use an extra few hours at and make more.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Long day gnomes were creating all kinds of craziness in our database.

I have a to do list for my 2 weeks off so not a complete zombie fest.

Rain last night and wind today have made the cars quite dirty. Oh to own a car wash business....

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    ai64slp0q013.jpeg
    *** March 5 ***

Good morning all~~

What does everyone have planned for the weekend?

I need to walk a bit both days and chip away at the jungle outside.

Lana
  • ladychr0nic
    ladychr0nic Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!

I've been weighing in everyday and writing my weight on a calendar on the fridge so that I can visually see it every time I'm in the kitchen. The last few days I've been in a steady decline. I hit onederland a couple weeks ago, but then lost it with a bad weekend and now I'm just trying to recover. I'm 0.8lbs away again. Maybe tomorrow!

I also put stickers on the calendar of when I go to the gym so it's very visual as well. I really am getting in the habit of going to the gym after my coffee. It's just becoming part of my days off. Now that I'm single, I have so much control of my time and just feel motivated. I want to be smaller and healthier when I get back into the dating scene. I also told you guys about the weddings I have in the fall, so it would be so nice to lose some weight by then.

I've also been using hello fresh and it's been soooo fun. I love it. The meals are sooo delicious. Some of them are a little higher calorie, so I gotta be careful during the day but it's so worth it.

I hope everyone has a good Saturday!

- Jordanna
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    good morning,

nice to not have to hear the alarm go off for awhile. Rain possible here and very much needed.

I told the newest coworker it was her job to make sure the newest temp stays with us. Not the best of choice and I hope to come back to the new temp still at work. Boss was throwing crap at her about how fast she needed to be on her 2nd day.

with any luck soccer this morning- grandma needs her eye candy

wishing all a great day - stay safe and sane out there
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    r240a6qtj75k.jpeg
    *** March 6 ***

Happy Sunday everybody!

Sara - No alarm clocks for you for a long while! That's great! I hope that this will be a time of rejuvenation for you 🌴

Jordanna - We are cheering you on to re-enter Onederland any day now!
    Nice to hear that you are enjoying the Hello Fresh. It must be neat to have some new foods coming your way. A friend of mine recently said he was tired of his own cooking, and it's true that you can get in a rut. Good for you with the stickers on the calendar for going to the gym!

I'm still trying to feel awake. Ha!
    *snapping fingers for Cabana Boys to refill our coffee mugs*

Lana

263.4 today
    271.2 highest
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Good morning, Cabana Crew,

I've been lax in checking the group. Was in New Orleans 2 weeks ago. Ate horribly, but walked 25 miles in 3 days, so balance?

I read all the past posts. Glad most everyone seems to be doing fairly well.

Spent the last two weeks catching up on house and work stuff. Last Sunday, my dryer went out and we had been having trouble with the washer for a while. This will be our 4th set in 15 years since we tended to buy basic sets before. We bit the bullet and bought a better set than we have ever had before.

Tomorrow, I leave for Boston. Will be back on Friday.

Hope everyone has a superb Sunday!

Tracy in Tennessee