Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,891 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    vbncnd9x6tjr.jpeg
    *** June 7 ***

Happy Tuesday Ladies 🌴

Today is a trip up to NYC, on a civilized mid-afternoon flight. So there will be time for jumping into the pool this morning. Working out in the pool is one exercise that I have no problem doing because it is right there in my back yard. I don't even have to wrestle on a bathing suit! Fences and tall shrubs are my friend!

On the other hand, yesterday's salt fest did show up at the scale.

Everyone have a great day today 🌼

Lana

264.6 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,350 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

Lana hope your travel went well. Gold star and points for doing water exercises.

Manager ran meeting while my computer froze and I could not reach "tower" without moving screens, it was a knitting needle moment without a knitting needle to turn computer off and on. We are being pulled in many directions with projects for end of fiscal month and I was asked to work phones for half of the day (it was my scheduled day off from phones). Little ticked off, but boss is looking for team players not whiners - so I got on the phones.

Got my steps and salt intake. Shall see how nice the scale is!!!

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited June 2022
    Options
    3bryxskefdar.jpeg
    *** June 8 ***

Good morning ☀️

I'm hoping that today will be a good day for me and for Sara and Missy and Tracy and Jordanna and anyone else who stops by today.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Good evening,

Lana thank you for getting us started.

My pedicures will now have to be on Saturdays.

Understaffed on phones is wearing a little thin this week. I leave early tomorrow for eye apt. There may be some new shades coming....

100 plus starting tomorrow. Yuck, yuck, and yuck. Good reason to drink something nice and cold. I ordered last night an "herbal coffee" - think Postum like. I can have that at the end of the day and not be wide awake at midnight.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    ao8f1dgw5s99.jpeg
    *** June 9 ***

Hey Y'all,

I was without my laptop today, until now, so checking in rather latish. My lovely friend Mary and I had a grand visit yesterday over to today.
    It was a wonderful getaway.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good afternoon,

Off early from work to see eye dr and yes I need a new prescription. Got bigger and brighter colored glasses.

HOT here- leftover broccoli soup and it is more warm than hot .

Lana - glad you got a chance to get away and spend time with your friend.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    53rzcw7oh7cl.jpeg
    *** June 10 ***

Wow! It's Friday!

Sara - good for you on the new eyeglasses! Bigger and brighter colored sounds great--I hope that they work well for you and make you happy! 🤩
    Keep yourself as cool as possible, and drink your water with the heat you are having there. 🤗

Today I will get some steps in while running a few errands here in NYC. Tomorrow I get to go home, thank goodness.

Lana

263.2 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Fell asleep after having 'dinner' and not sure how long I will be awake it is lower 90s still.

Lana can you get all your health/medical needs done where you are now or do you still have to go to NYC?

Even with the heat I got almost 5k. So that is something. Morning shopping at Asian store for fruit/veg and some other things. Afternoon will be inside. Luckily our electricity is running.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe/sane and cool out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited June 2022
    Options
    nkylvu30fpyg.jpeg
    *** June 11 ***

Sara - you've been doing well with your steps, and in this heat? Amazing!

This trip up to NYC was purely a social thing, as will be another NYC trip in two weeks, for a colleague's retirement party. Most of my health care is now down south except for my dentist and my attachment to Memorial Sloan Kettering (I'm a participant in two studies there).
    Sorting out my apartment is proving to be a laborious task. I'll need to get a dumpster in the fall.

Everyone have a grand day today 🌴

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good morning,

Yesterday was 106 and today should be 100 - what is the difference? How long it takes until you feel like a seriously wilted piece of lettuce.

Got lettuce, bananas, tangerines, apricots from asian store.

Seems I forgot I had a hair apt, but luckily I was there giving the hairdresser some Korean snacks so it worked out well. Too much brain fog lately.

I am in a darkish cool place and I do not plan to go out any more than I have to.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe/sane and cool out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Oh Sara - that was serendipitous about your hairdresser!! Your fruit especially sounds wonderful.

Do they still make LifeSavers candies? I don't even know. Do you remember the tropical fruit variety? That's what your fruit reminds me of. They were my favorite.

Definitely stay darkish and cool. Keep an ice pack handy if needed, to put on the back of your neck. Feels good!

XOXO
    Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    n66zikhqy0bq.jpeg
    *** June 12 ***

Just getting us started....What's everyone doing today?
    Me: exercise and then lay around like a blob.

*waving at Cabana Boy for more coffee*

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    edited June 2022
    Options
    x4pxjmalmdue.jpeg
    *** June 13 ***

Good morning all~~

The forecast here in NC is for many days of high heat. It won't be as bad as Sacramento, but it will have that "jungle" feel to it. So shopping in the early mornings will be necessary!
    I need to get chicken, maybe some fish, and lots of vegetables and fruit--cook only every third day, with lots of salads.

*tossing beach bag onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

264.2 today
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Hi, gang!

I need to do a better job of checking in on here. I had a small NSV this morning in which I was able to slide my engagement and wedding rings on without wetting and shoving/twisting them on.

@LanaCabana537 it looks like you weigh daily. Does anyone else? I've gone back and forth on weekly weighing and daily and I'm not sure which I prefer.

Going to be 96° here in Wisconsin tomorrow - yuck.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Hi Jesi 👋🏻

I definitely like to weigh daily. There's a lot of days in one week, and I want all the information as I go. I consider Sunday to be my "weigh in day".
    My weight can swing as much as 5 pounds from one day to another. That doesn't happen often, but it does. I keep a chart of my Sunday and my high and low for the week.

Congratulations on your rings fitting better!!

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

okay I forgot where 06/12 - oh yeah I spaced out.

moderate temps until later in the week.

I weigh daily as a way to remind me how naughtiness in my eating does make a difference on the scale.

I may run out of salad goodies by the end of the week, but I have fried rice in the freezer that will do for lunches as well.

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    9v22sztxmork.png

you know its bad when I have to stop drinking tea and beeline for coffee
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,418 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    skierxjes wrote: »
    Hi, gang!

I need to do a better job of checking in on here. I had a small NSV this morning in which I was able to slide my engagement and wedding rings on without wetting and shoving/twisting them on.

@LanaCabana537 it looks like you weigh daily. Does anyone else? I've gone back and forth on weekly weighing and daily and I'm not sure which I prefer.

Going to be 96° here in Wisconsin tomorrow - yuck.

Same here. I get busy and forget to check in. SMH and I used to weigh daily. I probably should start doing that again to keep myself in check. And congratulations on the NSV!
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    9v22sztxmork.png

you know its bad when I have to stop drinking tea and beeline for coffee

I couldn’t get enough coffee yesterday
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    thlmldeprlw5.jpeg
    *** June 14 ***

Good morning Missy!