Replies

• cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Turb2o wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Enksar1 wrote: »
    My new eating diet will be no carbs like rice or bread , only boiled potatoes after training and unlimited fruits and salad throw all the day.

Those are carbs too. I had a smoothie with fruit and veg with breakfast, so no war on carbs for me.

Plus, unless you are burning calories in warring on carbs, I think this is in the wrong section. How much fight does a banana or potato put up?

Also, the whole idea of warring on a food is bizarre. If you don't want to eat it, don't. I try to maximize my intake of healthy fats and higher nutrient carbs (within my calories, of course) and keep consumption of other fats and carbs to a relatively small portion of my calories (although I still fit in cheese and ice cream and the occasional baked good), but I certainly see no point in pretending like "carbs" are uniquely the issue or that I am warring on them. That's so silly!

Anyway, eat the carbs you like. I personally prefer my potatoes roasted with their skin (most of the nutrients are in the skin) vs. boiled, but whatever tastes good to you.

Not all no carbs are bad maybe I shouldn't change the status to war on refined carbs i.e processed foods carbs from none starchy veg e.g. greens are made up of fibroids carbohydrates but war on carbs was quicker to post
    Fixed it for ya.
    Why are certain carbs bad? I don't get it? They don't prevent weight loss, and they provide quick energy.
    And fibroids? That's a medical condition and not in any foods. I think you're looking for fiber.

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I read "donuts." What did I miss?

Bahah

Bahahahahahahahahhh

*tickled*
  • kaylajane11
    kaylajane11 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    dude no!

If you don't wanna eat them then fine, but it's about calories not devil foods

This does the best clarification of all major contentious points that come up on MFP over and over again

svwxcdfh1g80.png

Yes! I love James Fell. This is one of my favorite things he's ever posted.
  • Turb2o
    Turb2o Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Thanks for positive advice I think or is It a roast
  • Turb2o
    Options
    Are we going down this rabbit hole again? *kitten* me! I believe the only way for OP to understand this is a flawed method of weight loss and quite frankly unsustainable:8 is for him to slip up enough times to realize, you're spinning your wheels because it just doesn't work in the long run (Been there, done that). Power to you my man. Now off to make me a bowl of grilled potato chips.
    i only need to lose weight for a powerlifting meet and need to keep my strength

• Turb2o
    Options
    Someone has watched too many Mark Bell YouTube videos and and taken everything literally.

Never heard of him or silent mike hey know
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of whole grains, legumes, and potatoes and sweet potatoes...so I guess I'm out.
  • kendahlj
    kendahlj Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    To the OP...it doesn't look like you have the support to win this war you're waging. I've sent a raven to the Knights of the Vale...
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,540 Member
    Options
    My new eating diet will be no carbs like rice or bread , only boiled potatoes after training and unlimited fruits and salad throw all the day.
    Um, those are still carbs.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Sweet potatoes are nice any veg really its carbs but mostly fiber not suger
    Wut? You do realize that starchy vegetables have more grams of sugar than fiber right?

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Hmmm....how can you wage a war on carbs if you can't even identify the enemy?
  • DaniSpees
    DaniSpees Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in...to a point. I went Paleo 2 & half months ago, had the whole 1st month of "carb detox" and am now doing great. I can totally appreciate everyone's "carbs are good", "balanced diet" and "moderation" attitudes. On the other hand, this lifestyle change has balanced my blood sugars and enabled me to reduce my medications by 75%. That being said; with research and experimentation, I have lost almost 30lbs (since January), don't feel deprived, and have rediscovered my love of cooking. Yes, I still have a craving here & there, I just work with them - not fight them. I usually find a way to MAKE what I want/need. :) Ice cream is my Kryptonite.
    I think everyone needs to do what is best for their own body. I don't expect everyone to agree, follow or even like my choices. Stay healthy in whatever your path.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Paleo doesn't have to be low carb so I wouldn't equate them. I know lots of people who do paleo (from CF), and mostly they eat plenty of carbs. Just not certain ones.
  • ninerbuff
    Options

Steak and eggs three times a day
    You do realize you need carbs to EFFICIENTLY build muscle?

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    Hmmm....how can you wage a war on carbs if you can't even identify the enemy?

Potatoes, fruits, and salad -- the fifth column.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Bad cabs play holy ### with me so its boring veg plenty of proteins and quility fats so i canlose some fat not muscle

if you are in a calorie deficit you are going to lose muscle...if you don't have the right macro balance of carbs and proteins, you will probably lose more muscle...