Anyone celibate?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• shadagee
    shadagee Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yeah, pretty much by choice. I choose not to look for another relationship. It's been 10 years, and I don't really care. I have a fictional book boyfriend and nobody can live up to him anyway.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options
    rps67 wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Just like that?

No trying to work it thru?

....not to say that you haven't tried; how would one know?

I've tried to work it out. We were in marriage counseling for 3 years and I've given him almost 18 months from when I told him I wanted a divorce the first time.

I turn 50 next year and I want my life to be different. It's extremely depressing when you feel terrible about yourself because there's no intimacy with your spouse. I can't do this for the rest of my life.

It takes courage to actually pull the rip cord and be done with it.

You've tried and it sounds like you have given him ample opportunity to make some positive changes.

I wish you well.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    Nope :#
  • gianna42
    gianna42 Posts: 5,991 Member
    Options
    rps67 wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Just like that?

No trying to work it thru?

....not to say that you haven't tried; how would one know?

I've tried to work it out. We were in marriage counseling for 3 years and I've given him almost 18 months from when I told him I wanted a divorce the first time.

I turn 50 next year and I want my life to be different. It's extremely depressing when you feel terrible about yourself because there's no intimacy with your spouse. I can't do this for the rest of my life.

I'm sorry you're going through this - the person you should be closest to shouldn't be making you feel terrible about yourself. Wishing you well.
  • Carbybarbie
    Carbybarbie Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    PS. Disclaimer: I'm *not* celibate. I just thought it would be a good counterpoint to the 'Sex? Sure...' thread. For my own part, I'd like a bit more than I get, but would rather have less but of high quality, than more of lower quality. As with everything in life, a few better things are better than many mediocre ones...

I would say I get quality over quantity not by choice but by circumstances. I would prefer quality and quantity ..... Oh those were the days