NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever - Yes I agree - what works for one person does not work for another - we each need to find our own way

@peruviansweetie - Our kids get to stay at home when it is over 40 degrees Celsius, I know you probably hate being locked in with the snow right now - but one day I intend to visit somewhere that has snow

@cbabie - I am glad you are doing much better. Is it a full 24 hour fast or just daylight hours?

@trooworld - Glad you could rationalise the gain and know how it happened, but we need to live and NYE is an event once year. You started turning things around so all is good

I woke up this morning and took the puppies out for a walk, the sun was coming up and the moon (nearly full) was still in the sky. It was a magical morning until I got home and found that one of the RCD circuits decided it was not going to work anymore, so after connecting the fridge to a different circuit by extension cords, I was busy contact electricians at 6.30am this morning. Luckily I got one to be here at 8am so hubby came whilst here was here and I could go to work. Got out of work this afternoon, I could not believe that it had been raining. My weighin is tomorrow (Sat) so wish me luck Trish
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,970 Member
    Options
    @cbabie great job on the steps! It sounds like you are doing good on the fast, I could not do that, I admire you for being able to do it. I am not bummed out, I'll sneeze and have that weight gain off lol. And you know what I was thinking? I drank 12 oz of water and some coffee prior to getting on the scale, so it may have been that. I have that water app reminder set to vibrate, so nobody hears it, or it WOULD drive people crazy lol.

@peruviansweetie stay warm!

@theslightedgeforever thanks! Yes, I do need to find my sweet spot. Congrats on getting a sticker!

@TrishasTime Yes, and I don't even think it was a true gain (see above). I agree, you have to live your life. I do not regret NYE at all. I would do it all over again the exact same way, even if it meant having the gain again. Electrical problems...what a hassle! Good luck tomorrow at weigh in!

Hello all! It took forever for Friday to get here. I've been really busy at work this week, and no signs of it slowing down. I'm juggling a lot of projects, I'm balancing them pretty well though. This weekend will be very busy, I hope to find some time to relax!
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    Morning all: I had a rough night, my right eye and ear hurt, couldn't sleep was up and down all night. Now I am rushing around trying to get things done before my busy day starts outside the house. I am still on the fast, today is the last day. I did a full 21 day fast 4 years ago, I lost 30 lbs and people thought I was really sick. Mostly I was sick at heart over some family issues. So I am very careful now when I do a fast. But I hope that after this, I am much better at my choices of food. I really want it to be nutrients and not because of sweet tooth.

@TrishasTime This is a full 24 hour fast. I have a Mary Kay event tonight and won't get home until 9:30 or so and hoping that I have a better night sleep. However, I am gone to the same event all day Saturday, so I am not sure what food I will be eating..LOL

@trooworld I love your positivie attitude!!! You are just awesome. Yea, this short week messed with my head. I have such a busy weekend, I will be ready for Monday. LOL

@theslightedgeforever Good for you for getting a sticker!!! Was it gold?

@peruviansweetie Oh I remember snow days as a kid...loved them. Luckily though it does not snow here, because now at my age I HATE the snow and cold. I don't want to drive in it..LOL However, I have always said the people here would never make it in snow. They drive in the rain as if we had 10" of snow and ice on the road. Drives me crazy. Well enjoy your time with the kids. They must be so big now.

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie I hope you feel better and can take a nap today. Maybe this fast will be a way to recharge and refresh. Thanks! I try to stay positive, but sometimes it gets hard!!! lol

Hi all! It's only 6:43 here and I've been up for about 15 minutes. I can't sleep in like I could in my 20s and 30s. Oh well. I can get more done I guess. I'm going to get my hair cut today, I have a ToastMasters meeting, and I have to go load up on healthy groceries. What do you all have planned?
  • peruviansweetie
    peruviansweetie Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!!
    It’s freezing here in NJ!! We stayed in yesterday because of the cold, but today we are going out!
    It’ll be good to go out and get some fresh air.. even if it’s freezing cold fresh air lol lol!!

@cbabie I’m so sorry for your loss!! I’m glad you are back on here. Maybe when the hubby and I retire we’ll move some pace warm. I do love the snow .. I just don’t like it when it turns to ice ughhhh!!! Hugs your way!!! I hope your day gets better and that your eye and ear stop hurting. I will be praying for you my friend!!
    @theslightedgeforever We are staying warm thanks!! Today we are heading out to my friend’s house, so we’ll face the cold a bit lol. Funny about your daughter. I was just telling my daughter that, even though, there’s no school she still needs to get the work done or else she’ll have double the work next week. She’s sitting in the dining room, as I type, complaining and fuzzing lol lol. She’s 6 years old, so I still help her with her work, so the double work will be for the both of us lol lol lol

@TrishasTime So funny how your kids get to stay home when it’s too hot and here when it’s too cold. Here, when the weather does reach 100 degrees or 40 Celsius ... the kids are on vacation. That kind of hot temperature happens very rarely here. What’s your name on Fitbit?? I’ll look you up???

@trooworld We are definitely trying to stay warm!! It’s like 14 degrees out there ughhh!!! Enjoy your Saturday!!!

Have a great Saturday ladies!!!!

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,233 Member
    Options
    trishastime I hope you get your wiring fixed. I had to go look up the conversion for the temp 40C=104F Good luck on weigh in

trooworld Just think how next weeks weigh in will look if you had a little extra fluid this time. I remember on WW my meetings weren't til 6 pm so I fasted all day and then went out to Denny's afterwards. lol I lost weight though. Tomorrow I have grocery shopping planned. That's about it.

cbabie My stickers say groovy and neat or Wow. They are rainbow colored. I didn't get one on Friday cause I was starting to feel sick and didn't get in all my steps. I stayed OP though. Are you feeling better today?

Peru Wow your daughter is 6 already? Time flies. Helping them in school is fun at that age. Later, not so much. Especially since they seem to change the math from when I went to school. I can still do it faster than my kids though. My son just moved to Houston for an internship for 2 1/2 months. This cold streak caused him 2 cancelled planes but he finally made it.

daily check in sticker day
  • trooworld
    Options
    @peruviansweetie I'm glad you are getting out and about even though it is cold. I'd hate being trapped in the house!

@theslightedgeforever Yes, I hope next week will be better. Oh I couldn't do that, fasting all day. lol I'd eat the entire Denny's ;) It sounds like you had some nice downtime yesterday.

Hi all! I took the dog for a long walk yesterday with the husband and then took a break and then went to the park and walked. I only got 15 minutes into my walk and my knee started hurting and had to stop. I can't wait to get some of this weight off so I don't hurt. Yesterday was a high point day, I splurged on fun food: for lunch, I had a homemade cheeseburger (85% lean on light bread with baked fries), and for dinner, I had a difficult situation figuring out my points. I was making BBQ ribs, but when I created a recipe in the recipe builder in WW website, the ribs came out crazy high. Long story short, it all worked out, I just had a small portion of ribs, and I had some zero point roasted squash with it.

@cbabie Hi cbabie, I see you lurking! ;)
  • trooworld
    Options
    Hi all! Well, I see I've gotten here too early this morning. I had a good day yesterday. I walked a LOT (for me): I got in 8,734 steps (I broke it up into 3 separate walks so my knees didn't hurt). I started to meal prep but ran out of energy. Bless my husband, he said, "Do you want me to cook the meals?" I said YES! I did make these 2 ingredient biscuits to have with our soup for dinner: they are made with nonfat Greek yogurt + self-rising flour and I did add some cheddar cheese. They came out really well considering that's all they are made of. He was skeptical but he liked them in the end. Have a good day, everyone! :)
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning gals:
    Well this was a very long and crazy weekend. I mostly sat in a conference all weekend. My fit bit band broke on Friday night, but thanks to my wonderful sister, she let me know you can buy the bands/frame on Amazon. Got it Saturday night when I got home from the conference. I only got 5298 steps yesterday. :( but I am SO GLAD that I can track them. I am haven't exercised yet today, but I already have 3069 steps in...so I will see how it goes. I have a meeting at 11 and that usually takes way longer than I anticipate..LOL

@trooworld I am so happy that you are enjoying WW. It always helps if we look forward to what we are doing. I love homemade hamburgers. My grandkids now tell their pop not to cook them on the grill anymore, they love grandma's hamburgers on the stove. (I used to have to make one for my dad it seemed almost every night when I was a teen living at home.) I put A-1 sauce or Worcestershire sauce on them..LOL

@theslightedgeforever you and your stickers..you make me laugh. Math was not my strong point. It was not bad, but algebra was the last class for math I ever took. Now a days, they do it weird.

@peruviansweetie wow 6? It's amazing how the years FLY by..I was made to realize I really only have 5 good years left of working..I don't feel like it should be that little of time. I feel like I am only maybe 40 if that? LOL

Okay guys, I hope you enjoy your day

cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    trooworld Good for you on all those steps Doesn't matter if you broke it up. You moved your body. Have you thought about wrapping your knees just before you walk?

cbabie There are people who work past 65. Alot have to because they need the money. Plus government will be messing with retirement age and Medicare soon. So you'll probably have another good 10 years lol I'll take one of your husbands grilled hamburgers. I should make my son make me some.

Today I went over calories. I went to TX roadhouse and ate too many rolls. I didn't realize they were so high. Almost double what I thought. I planned for 2 and had 3. I ate less steak corn and mashed potatoes to compensate but no. lol They were worth every calorie.

Daily check in No sticker

WW weekly meeting

https://youtu.be/bcO7QxF1iUQ
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    I lost 6.8 lbs this week My body had a WHOOSH moment.

r3sf3vs9ck4d.gif
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie putting A-1 or Worcestershire sauce on hamburgers sounds like a great idea! I'm glad you got your Fitbit band replaced...nothing worse than wasted steps lol. Yes, I'm enjoying WW.

@theslightedgeforever no, I've never thought of that. Maybe I will try it but I don't have any wraps to try it with. Thanks for the weekly meeting. Wow congrats on that HUGE loss!

Hello everyone! It started raining yesterday afternoon and it's supposed to rain all day today. I'm not complaining: it hasn't rained since maybe last May? I don't know, but it's been a long time and we need it. It will make my commute a mess though. Have a good day everyone!
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning gals: I did 25 min Leslie walking for 2 miles...I am drinking my protein shake and ready to get some stuff done today.

@trooworld I just wanted to say that I am so happy to have met you on this site. you are always encouraging and you don't make the world seem like life doesn't happen. LOL

@theslightedgeforever thanks for the twins update. I started to listen, but I can't sit still today, I will finish later today. great job on the loss...

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    trooworld I don't think I did much to get that big loss. The body kind of did that on its own. I gained every single week in December so maybe it was storing a bit of water each time and decided to let it go when I started eating right again. I was hoping for a lb But was ecstatic when I saw the scale. They have wraps and knee supports at Walmart if you have one close by.

cbabie I usually listen to these videos while I'm up doing something so I'm more productive. Good for you on the LS video.

Daily check in No sticker day. Over by 9 calories then the thinking became why should I beat my steps now. That's not good thinking. I should still beat my steps because it's good for my health.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie awwww thank you! I'm glad to have met you too, and the rest of the gals! I'm glad you did the Leslie videos...they go by so fast, before you know it you've done 2 miles!

@theslightedgeforever don't look a gift horse in the mouth. ;) I do have a Walmart close by, I go there every week, I'll check it out.

Hi all! I had such a bad headache/migraine yesterday, I came home from work at 3:30 with it. I'm happy to say that I did not feed my feelings though, I stuck with my pretracked foods and ended up with 1 SP leftover for the day and 15 WPs leftover (out of 42). I weigh in tomorrow so I have to be diligent to not eat more of my WPs and none of my FitPoints (I have 66 of those). I could eat those, but I choose not to. Last week, I ate all of my WPs and all of my FPs and had a small gain, so I'm reeling it in a bit this week. Have a good day everyone!
  • cbabie
    Options
    Hi everyone just a quick note I'm sitting at the d e s office I have to go in and do Reemployment orientation LOL I'm 60 years old anyway I was over 400 calories yesterday but on track today and I'm tracking and instead of eating ice cream last night I had a bowl of Raisin Bran so I felt better about that even though it's food I shouldn't have eaten just because I already has my calories foe the day.
  • TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    @trooworld – Can I please have the receipe for the biscuits, they sound interesting. I hope your migraine has lost its hold on you.

@cbabie – My fitbit band is also on edge, I have ordered a cream one. Not sure if it coming with the actual square panel that you put your blaze in. I have looked at the Lesley walking on utube. Yes they have the same thing here in Aussie re getting the introduction back to work if you 55+.

@theslightedgeforever – Love the gif about losing just 1 pound- that translates to nearly half a kilo here – so very doable. Thanks for the weekly meeting; I will listen on the weekend.

I have had a really rough 2 days workwise and resorted to my “comfort eating”. I wonder what I can do to stop that cause when I am in the throes – I simply do not care. Even though I am hurting myself in the long run. But.. I am back now, though still hurting, it is not cutting as deep.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    trooworld The twins always say you have to find your sweetspot with your points. So you know you can't eat all WP and FP. That's a start. You'll figure it out. Yaaaay for sticking with pretracked foods.

cbabie Baby steps. Did you tell them you haven't been NOT working that long. It's been less than a year. They probably don't care.

trishastime I want a camel colored Blaze fitbit band. I wish tbey made one a bit more dressy. In the video I posted she said 365 days a year 365 new chances to start again. Or something like that.

Podcast:

realweightlossrealwomen.com/wlmr002-clearing-your-path/

Daily checkin No sticker :( Fighting a cold and no exercise
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie nice NSV on the Raisin Bran!

@TrishasTime sure, here it is (I added in cheddar cheese and Cajun seasoning and they turned out great):
    https://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-2-ingredient-yogurt-drop-biscuits-235031
    Migraine is gone! Thanks. I'm sorry you had a rough couple of days. When you are in that bad place, can you take a break to take a walk?

@theslightedgeforever yes, and I've made notes in my weight tracker on WW site as to what I've done each week when I weigh in so I know.

Hi all! Today was my weigh in day. Drum roll please...............

I'm down 1.6 lbs!

I'm happy about that. It brings my total loss since starting on 12/21 to 3.8 lbs., an average loss of 1.3 a week. I am really enjoying the Freestyle program, I know some people complain about it but a lot of people like it too and I am one of them. :) I like that it pushes you to eat healthier, less processed foods and that there are a lot of zero point foods. This helps if I have a heavier point meal at lunch, I can eat a low point meal for dinner with zero point foods. I feel more freedom than on previous plans. Okay, enough of my commercial lol.

Speaking of commercials, I found out yesterday that Dicks Sporting Goods has an app and if you have a Fitbit or Garmin or MapMyRun, if you sync it to the Dicks app, you can earn points towards gift certificates to Dicks. If you walk 10,000 steps, I think you get 3 points and I think that gets you a $10 gift certificate. I was out last night trying to get 10,000 steps but it was dark and I was out alone and scared so I didn't get 10,000 steps but I did get more than usual thanks to that app. Have a good day, everyone!
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning:
    I woke up with a horrific headache, but it is now in my neck. I feel like the day is almost wasted..UGH... I didn't do so well last night after church....well today is another day to make things right.

@TrishasTime I get you with the comfort food....I am trying to change my mindset....it only comes with practice, so just keep taking forward steps...

@theslightedgeforever sorry you have a cold...I hope you feel better

@trooworld HAPPY DANCE!!! That is so great on the loss...it sounds like it is working for you. As you were giving your commercial...I was shaking my head yes, yes, that is good!!!

Cbabie