NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,217 Member
    Options
    @trishastime Happy Anniversary. Sounds like you gave your family member a great send off. So what is happening with you and food/exercise these days? OK, I'll try and send the link for the spreadsheet through here.

@cbabie That little TENS unit is helpful. At least to my hubby. He has arthritis in his C4, C5, C6 area and he uses it when he has flare ups. Why would Dad use something that might help him. lol Don't be like him. Isn't that our goal here. Don't be like the parents.

@gemwolf110 Are you still doing WW or are you just doing this right now?

@teresaw1020 Do you have a funny, witty sister like @cbabie does? ;) I hear you on the no sleep thing. Sorry about the house drama. So did you get on that treadmill? Even 15 min. Caramel popcorn is just a small speedbump. So now that in the rearview mirror onto more losing with your keto program. I would hope this next program of WW is one that lets you choose your own program. Smartpoints, Freestyle, who knows, maybe even a Keto option. Although the programming on that might be a bit much.

@trooworld Vulcan toes: You know the sign that Spock makes in Star Trek with his hands. That's what my toes do. Didn't used to do that. I think after all the years of weight the toes said, I just can't take it anymore and collapsed. lol Does not look pretty at all with sandals. I've bought various "contraptions" over the years like toe separators. Probably I'm like my dad more than I realize and didn't use them consistently. Meanwhile, I'll just deal with it until I'm forced to deal with it. As long as I can walk and get around. So what has the doctor suggested you do for exercise? You can always do chair aerobics. Oh just read your list. I do alot of those exercises already. So that's good. Happy Anniversary to you too.
    @retiredandlovingit Good for you for keeping up your steps. I just got me a new Fitbit since my other one is on it's last leg. I laughed at your dh's job when fishing. That's what my dad used to do for me when he would take me fishing. Recently my son went fishing with friends and I said I'm surprised you baited your own hook. He said I'm not touching those worms. I let them do it. I said aren't you ashamed, your a man. He says women want equal rights, do you bait your own worms Mom? :sigh: KIDS. I know exactly what bluegills are as that is what we have in IL. I guess when they want to go on vacation they swim over to IA by you. lol I didn't realize Immodium would help before you need it. I always thought once it started to slow it down. That's good to know. I take some pills when I fly especially. I wondered which concert your kids went to. My son went to a couple this past week. Maybe they were at the same ones. lol He kept sharing videos with me cause he knows I would be there with him. I told him next year I might have to come see him in August so I can go to the fair with him.

@its_cleo I hope your allergies feel better. It's hard for me to make good choices when I don't feel good. Part of my yoga thinking is that I can burn more calories doing something else. But as I age, I need the flexibility even more and I always feel so relaxed afterward. I can't do all the poses like they can. Especially the one where you step forward after downward dog. My body just doesn't work like that. For now. One of these days if I stick with it I'll be able to do that with ease. Like a well oiled machine.

@renaegry Summer and good intentions: Yes, I have that same thing with my vacation every year and go visit my kids. Mine probably started when I was a kid and we had school routine and then summer means I can do whatever I wanted to. Sleep in, stay out later to play, no set routine. I think it extended waaaay into my adult life. So I'm working on just maintaining during that time. This year didn't turn out so well. Your run time sounds great. I have trouble breating in humidity too.

Taking me forever to just finish this page. I still have unanswered posts on the other page but that will have to be tomorrow. My routine is all messed up. So I've not been getting on here like I normally do. Dh's little time off got me off kilter. But I stayed OP food wise. That's something to celebrate.

Still going strong with carb cycling. Learning how to steer around obstacles. More about that later.

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,890 Member
    Options
    @renaegry HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!! Summertime is hard, there are so many things going on and the weather is nice. Thank you, we had a good time! :)

@theslightedgeforever I've never heard of that, is it uncomfortable? As far as for losing weight/general health that doesn't involve hurting my foot, he has suggested biking and swimming, neither of which I enjoy nor will I do. I would do chair yoga. Thank you!

EMPOWERED.
    August goals: track 4 out of 7 days, drink 50 oz of liquids a day, lose 1 lb
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @its_cleo, bummer you are suffering from allergies. I have slight allergies, but my husband is really struggling right now. Yes, to needing to be patient as you get fit and healthy. We have to accept that there really is no end date. I do hope to make it to goal weight but then the struggle to maintain will begin and from what I’ve heard that needs to look just like losing or the gaining will begin again. It’s annoying! :#

@RetiredAndLovingIt, I LOVE funnel cakes!! So much carby goodness!! <3 Ewww to wormy fish! I think catch and release is the way to go.

@trooworld, that is too bad that it was too cold to finish the musical. Weather is so weird! :/

@theslightedgeforever, I do have a sister but I'm the funny and witty one! :D I didn’t get on the treadmill but I did spend several hours yesterday packing up all the unneeded things in my kitchen.

@TrishasTime, Happy anniversary!! I’m glad that the funeral was joyous. It sounds like you have a great family. :)

It's Monday and my week will be busy! I did more packing yesterday. We are very sure this woman is not backing out since she put down her earnest money right after she did her walkthrough on Saturday. So we are relieved! :) I'm also going to work hard this week to get back on track with my eating. I've decided that since I am a WW member I'm going to use my WW app and begin tracking again. I probably will go over points eating low carb but at least I will be tracking and aware of what I'm sticking in my mouth. I might have to stop buying pecans. Just saying!! :o;)
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Hi all...looks like a beautiful day out today. We have to run gd to orthodontist today..she broke something on her braces at the concert. Then when we come home, I need to pick green beans & tomatoes. Disappointed in my tomatoes..I thought they were little grape ones, but they are like grape ones on streroids! but they do taste good.
    Dh is keeping gs busy..they are trying to make beef jerky out of a roast. We buy beef from his cousin & never seem to get the roasts eaten. I did lose 1.17# this week, so kinda excited about that! Hopefully not just water weight loss from our trip yet! :p

@TrishasTime ..yes I think funnel cake is just pancake batter that they swirl in hot oil & deep fry, then coat with powdered sugar when done. I am not that crazy about pancakes either, & sometimes the oil is just too much for me.

@trooworld ..glad the slippers help! Too bad about the weather. We have had funny weather this year, too.

@its_cleo...sorry about your allergies. I have them, too, and this summer has been terrible! & a lot of people here are saying the same thing! Must be the weather, lol.

@renaegry ..Happy belated birthday!

@theslightedgeforever ..I will bait my hook, but usually cant get the fish off. But if dh is willing to bait it..why not let him, lol. My OB-GYN told me to try that one time when we were going on a trip & knew we were doing bus tours & there would not be "emergency" stops available. Hasn't hurt me (that I know of, lol), but as always "ask your Dr before trying something new", lol The concert they went to was Pentatonix (an accopella group). I am interested in your carb cycling, too, so please share it here if possible. PS..my sister has a funny sister, too. :D

We have a tens machine that we mainly use on our lower backs.
    Hope everyone has a great day!
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,563 Member
    Options
    Morning all,

I have gotten behind again. I am really struggling in life. Who knew you could be old and struggle. I feel like I need to be doing something and yet all I do is sit. I have been fasting for about 3 weeks now, I don't eat until 4 pm and then well I don't know this is the way I should be doing. I am creating bad habits. This was not a diet fast, this was a spiritual fast. I am at a point in my fast that I am looking for prayers answered. Always trying to make sure I am not a Pharisee, LOL.

@theslightedgeforever you are right, I do not want to be like our parents health wise...so I better pick up the pace. Just for the record...I do have a sense of humor...just more sarcastic...LOL

@trooworld glad you figured out the splint...see we are both still learning!!

@TeresaW1020 Yes it would be good to have a conversation someday. Lets get you moved and settled in..LOL

@gemwolf110 Good luck on your interview. I have to start looking for work again...UGH

@RetiredAndLovingIt I love you have a garden, that is on my bucket list...it might have to wait until my DH is gone to nevernever land..LOL Thanks for sharing about the TENS

@renaegry Happy Birthday...luckily it's only one time a year...so glad you enjoyed your weekend with no regrets.

@TrishasTime my granddaughter wanted to make funnel cake, so I had to look it up too..LOL

@its_cleo Yes I have to learn patience as well...NOT one of my strong points

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld No it's not uncomfortable just ugly. Occasionally it feels like my toes will split so wide that it will tear the top of my foot. It's probably age, weight, etc. Both feet are the same with the left being a bit more spread. But I saw one dr about it and she said because both feet were affected she doesn't think it's anything. I had an x-ray done about 5 years ago because the foot itself was hurting and nothing. My hamstrings are extremely tight so maybe it's pulling on some tendons in the foot which in turn pull on the toes. It all started with my knee about 10 years ago. I was getting into an airplane seat moving sideways and felt my knee pop. Middle seat and I was about 40 lbs heavier too. When I got off the plane I was limping but I didn't go to the dr because I thought it would go away on it's on. It did sort of but there's always been some kind of foot pain after that. I found one other person who has this and she's heavy too. That's why I think it's partially connected to my weight.

@teresaw1020 Here's something for you to think about. You used the word struggle with the idea of maintaining. Our thoughts are very powerful. Why not think of the opposite of struggle with maintaining. I think most people have a hard time with maintaining because they do drastic diets to get to goal and then go back to eating the way they did before and it just doesn't work that way. The trick is to find an eating plan that you will do forever and then when it's time for maintenance just add back in a small number of calories. Same food but just slightly bigger portions. Visualize yourself at a WW workshop and getting on the scale and reaching your goal. Then visualize yourself stepping on the scale after 3 months and the number is in your range. So take 15 min away from packing and get on the treadmill. You will get everything done and be moving out on time. The exercise will be good for stress relief and your body.

@gemwolf110 Woohoo on the 2.6 lbs. I bet you feel great. Fingers crossed on the interview.

@retiredandlovingit Even if it's water weight the scale is moving in the right direction. I take any and all losses. lol Kudos to you. I don't like the worm wriggling in my fingers. Ick! I love Pentatonix. The guy that sings bass looks like my older son. Same face and smile. It's my younger son that lives in Johnston. He went to the 515 something in Des Moines. Everybody needs a funny sister.

@cbabie Sense of humor.....hm..... ;) okay maybe it's coming out more with age. I have so many good comments to make on this subject but I'm trying to #bebetter Tell your dh how much money you will save by growing your own food. How do you not know what funnel cake is. Oh maybe you didn't go to the fairs like I did. So what can you do while sitting? Sometimes it's good to just sit and be. Although we weren't raised that way. But it's good. How about going to take a walk? Did the doc say no walking outside? Do it early in the day. ooh better yet, go sit in the park after walking a bit there. Get in some nature and stress relief.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @joannedavison So this is from the other day but instead of saying I've blown it maybe think so what did I learn from this? So what did you learn this past week about overeating. I can hear you say, Not to do it again. lol But where were you? What was happening around you? Was it lack of plans? I'm from So. IL That's in the Midwest.

@cyaneverfat Welcome to the group! What kind of fitbit do you have? Some of them you can purchase larger bands from Amazon. I think follow the kind of plan that you can stay on for the rest of your life. I'm not one to avoid anything. It just makes me eat more of that kind of food. My problem is being consistent. I seem to have an on and off switch throughout the year. I do well and then stop. Then do well a bit more then go on vacation and gain back all I'd lost previously in the year. So I'm taking my own advice and trying to see what did I learn from this so I can apply it next year. I always look at my exercise calories as my savings account for the days I tend to overspend (overeat). I don't like to touch those.

Another good food day for me. I ended up doing swimming instead of yoga for the day.

Details on carb cycling to follow.

• RetiredAndLovingIt
    Options
    I ordered new bands for my Fitbit through Amazon. I like the ones with "air holes" in them, lol. Anyway, started with a large I think, after awhile decided it was too big, so ordered the smalls in same one, it was too small, so now I have one part from the large & one part from the small, and it fits pretty good. :)
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    Good morning! :)

@RetiredAndLovingIt, yum to making your own beef jerky!! I had a friend whose dad made his own venison jerky and he brings me bags of it for free. I sure miss that friend! :D

@cbabie, I’m going to lift you up in prayer that you will receive the answers you need to hear. I am VERY sure you are NOT a Pharisee. <3

@theslightedgeforever, as usual, you are full of wisdom!! B) I will start visualizing myself reaching goal and being able to maintain my weight. Yes, I need to get on the treadmill. Soon! ;)

I’m about to head out and get my hair colored and cut. I’m thinking of going a darker red but will talk to my hairdresser on what her thoughts are. I usually just trust her to do whatever she wants. After my hair appointment, we are going to buy a refrigerator for the new house and make sure to get a delivery date that works for us. Then I have to go to the grocery store because I’m out of sparkling water and that truly is an emergency in my world! :# After that, I think I will do some more packing. Have a great day! :)
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Good morning all. Well I will some what be getting on routine sooner then I thought. My son is in grade 9 and we got a message yesturday that the grade 9s are to come to senior football practice. Which is awesome. Except we play in a town that is 30 min away and practice is every Monday to Friday starting Thurs this week from 6:30 am to 8:00 am. Omg. That means getting up at 5 and leaving the house by 5:45. Ugh. So I have decided since I am up and will be there for 1.5 hours might as well get my runs or walks done there and Will pack my yogurt granola mixture for breakfast there. Off to yorkton today for some things. Treating myself to a small blizzard since I never did have a birthday cake (think it's just an excuse lol).

@RetiredAndLovingIt Love how you put 2 bands together to make one. And I also like the bands with the holes in it. Much more breathable.

@TeresaW1020 It's always nice to treat yourself to hair cut and color. I have such Greys already I need to get my roots done every 6 weeks which is pushing it. I have started buying the powders to cover the roots or at home kits to do myself the odd time to help with the cost.
  • cbabie
    Options
    Afternoon all,
    I am getting on here late. Had one of those mornings that involve other family members issues. LOL . I am typing with 2 hands, it pulls a little but I am determined to get the use of my hand and wrist back. I went to lay my GGD in bed and she made my wrist bend the wrong way..ugh..it swole up something awful. I babied it all day yesterday. I am still not eating correctly, but I have not had any "sweet" things since January. I am still good on that. Just need to get through these things I am praying and fasting for to get back to eating better.

@TeresaW1020 Thank you for your support and prayer covering. Today we were going to be late for something you can't be late for and my DD sent me a text out of the blue..Proverbs 16:3-4...commit to the Lord whatever you do and he will establish your plans..we were still late, but it worked out to be the best solution for us. LOL I am so excited for your new journey in a new house!!!

@renaegry Sounds like a good excuse..LOL

@theslightedgeforever Yes I do have a sense of humor...as for going for a walk...It would have to be really late or really early...Its still over a 100 here..Yea DH would just say...I can do without veggies..LOL

Hope you all have a great rest of your day.

Cbabie
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    Options
    @cbabie..that's kinda how my dh is..I grow green beans (he doesnt eat them unless I put mushroom soup on them, which kinda ruins the "freshness"), tomatoes (he only eats them on BLT's or in chili, etc) so I am eating my grape tomatoes for every meal to use them up, zucchini (we both only eat it in zucchini bread or cake, lol). & dd gave me a few strawberry plants, but the baby bunny in our yard keeps helping himself to them, lol. I do give dd some of the green beans, but none of them eat fresh tomatoes either.
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited August 2019
    Options
    @retiredandlovingit I've always had big wrists so I need the large. I like how this new fitbit I got had both large and small interchangeable bands included.

@teresaw1020 How many more days left of packing? Are you eating well during this stressful time.

@renaegry I hear you on the grays. I like the Loreal Magic Root Coverup spray for those times when I've let it go too long which is now. Call my hairdresser is on my list. Bummer about the early mornings starting earlier than you thought but it will be a productive time and you can get back on track.

@cbabie ouch on the wrist. made me wince reading It. That's great that you haven't had any "sweet" things since January. What is your definition of eating better? Cause if I hadn't had sweets for 8 months that would be me eating better. lol So what specific goal are you wanting to achieve in the nutrition department?

So for all of you who have asked, this is what I'm doing for carb cycling. There are many different types of carb cycling that I've read about. This one is made to go along with your menstral cycle. Higher carbs during the first two weeks of the cycle and then lower carbs the last two week. I guess that helps with the PMS cravings. Which it does. I have not been gorging myself on popcorn and chocolate like I normally would at this time. Because I have a 40 day cycle average (in perimenopause), I have made this to be a 6 week schedule. Adjust to your own schedule. If you are way past the point of monthly visits by Granny Flo, then just do a 4 week plan which would be to remove Day 15-21 and Day 22-28.

Red is low carb day, no to light cardio exercise; for me that means yoga, neighborhood stroll, etc.,
    Yellow is medium carb day, medium cardio; for me that's walking on treadmill or a faster pace walk outside
    Green is high carb day, intense cardio and strength training; for me that's aerobic videos, hill walking on treadmill, anything to get the heart pumping harder than usual exercise. Plus strength training.

Red days 100 g of carbs
    Yellow days (first half) 145-164 (second half) 125-150
    Green days 199-238

I included some maintenance days in there because at the end of my 100 day book I"m going to be doing 4 maintenance days. This will be an experiment in how many green days I can have and still maintain.

On my rest days, I have thrown in some intermittent fasting and don't eat til 10 a.m. while removing my lunch meal just for fun.

All of this is an experiment to see if it will work for me. Tomorrow I will have completed 3 weeks of this and haven't went over my carbs yet. At this point I've lost 4.5 lbs.

Secrets to my success so far this month:
    1) Plan out meals in advance to know exactly how many carbs you will be eating.
    2)Life gets in the way so when you have to change your plans, subtract your carbs from other meals; cutting portion sizes down. I had to cut a piece of cornbread in half the other day to still reach my goal. But I got a taste of the cornbread and was still successful. It beats saying no to the cornbread and butter.
    3)Arrange your colors to fit YOUR lifestyle keeping the same number of days as in the spreadsheet. I'm social on Thursdays and Saturdays so that's why those days are green. I always eat more on those days.
    4) Eat your favorite foods on your green days. Every Thursday for lunch I have had a bag of Butterlicious popcorn. For the next 3 weeks, I will be eating Doritos. Last week I had 3 slices of yummy French Toast with PB on it. I factor in the carbs of that first and then work everything else around it. Every time I think about something I really want, I write it down and then put it in the spreadsheet on my green days. So I'm saying no to right now but not forever.
    5)Enter your preplanned meals into your MFP tracker so you can see exactly how many carbs and what the portion size is of that food. Then measure it out at meal time. I've entered alot of recipes from Pinterest and if it's 6 servings I measure out 1/6 of what I've made and put that on my plate first and then the family gets the rest.
    6)yellow and green days I try to include more fruit, starchy vegetables (I love potatoes) and beans into my mealplanning.
    7)Eat Sandwich thins instead of normal sliced bread. I don't like open face sandwiches(messes with my mind) but if I'm out of sandwich thins then I'll cut a slice in bread in two so I have top and bottom.
    8) From week to week, I will copy my favorite meals so I don't have to come up with a gazillion meals. Usually dinner time is the one I change from week to week as I'm sure dh would like to not eat the same thing. Tonight I made yummy puff pastry squares with brocolli, turkey, and cheddar cheese and served that with some soup. Thank God for Pinterest.
    9) Have all the food and ingredients you need on hand. If it's not there, you'll reach for whatever is quick and available.

Here's the link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ww1H23XNvN9RlhHi0xODj3FsPUd1NHm5DTlNSsq0YPc/edit?usp=sharing
  • JoDavo66
    JoDavo66 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Morning from UK. Apologies I've been MIA!!
    Went to Wedding on Saturday- it was huge so we went literally to the wedding not reception. (The young couple have been youth leaders of a group they (and others) founded for 11-25s who may be in isolation in their own churches & I take the kids from our church their. I've known the groom since he was 15 as his Mum was our Minister & his Dad & I went to same school & youth fellowship! His Dad is Principle of Theology College at Durham Uni & hence very well known & huge wedding!!)
    After that we went into Durham for food. On Sunday we went to Alnwick Castle (me, cousin & our kids). My eldest got stung & had extremely bad reaction so we went to "Walk-in" on Sunday- they were useless. On Monday took nephew to airport (2.5 hours each way plus cousin & him dropped off for couple of hours until flight took off). More service station food!!
    Got "Urgent Care" appointment for eldest & prescription antihistamines that are now starting to work.
    So I've just eaten whatever for 4 days & now regretting it.
    I've got PT at gym in 2 hours time & I need to call in at school while I'm nearby to get updates on my school laptop.
    DH at hospital tomorrow for spinal injection so another day where I'll not be focused!!! Then at weekend we go away for a week's holiday to Devon. Ice cream & clotted cream teas!!
    I'm fessing up now as I know how this will go down. I'm thinking of putting mindset 1st & then planning during this time for Sept.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Yes! I couldn't believe how cold it was for August! I'm glad everything is going well with the sale. Lay off those darned pecans! lol I usually trust my hairdresser to do what she wants with my hair but the last time I told her to do what she wanted, she put purple highlights in my hair. That looked really cool but I work in a corporate environment so I felt really uncomfortable. I kept them in for several months but eventually made her take them out because they were staining my tub purple lol. Good luck with your hair appointment and picking out a refrigerator!!!

@gemwolf110 Congrats on the loss and good luck on the interview!!!

@RetiredAndLovingIt Congrats on the loss, woot woot!!! Yes, I'm glad the slippers help, too! That funny weather causing weird allergies and such lol.

@cbabie I hope you find the answers you seek through your spiritual fast. I admire your ability to do those fasts, after doing that 48 hour fast for my colonoscopy prep, I admire you even more. ;) Yes, we are both still learning...life is learning...we will learn until we are put in the ground lol! You are doing so good with no sweets, WTG!

@theslightedgeforever I'm glad it's not uncomfortable. That's interesting about it being connected to your weight, although so many conditions are, it wouldn't surprise me.

@renaegry Oh dear, so that is early for you, I wish you luck getting used to the routine! I get up that early (or earlier) every day...all I can say is COFFEE PLEASE! :) That's a great idea to do runs and walks while there. Great use of the time.

@joannadavison Sounds like a good weekend, minus the sting...was it a bee sting?

EMPOWERED.
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    @renaegry, that is early for football practice! Is your son good at getting up so early? When I was in the 9th grade I was all about getting in as much sleep as possible. Good for you for coming up with a great plan to get in your exercise since you have to wait anyway. Yes, to you deserving a post-birthday Blizzard!! :)

@cbabie, I love that Proverb and it’s always fun to see how He works things out for the best. ;)

@theslightedgeforever, we move on Sept. 9th. I’m in good shape and as long as I do a little something every day, I will have us ready to go. I am eating well…I’m just eating too much!! :D Your carb cycling schedule is interesting. What is the thought of not doing much cardio on a red day? Losing 4.5 lbs is awesome!! Thanks for sharing. I do agree that no matter what plan you are on that one of the biggest keys is to plan out meals and pre-track before eating so you know what you are doing and can adjust. I really need to stop winging it. :/

@joannadavison, I love a good wedding. I have one to attend at the end of October and it will be huge. You have a lot going on in your life!! I agree that you need to get your mindset right and plan what you will do for September. I need to do the same thing! ;)

@trooworld, I have been tempted to get pink or purple highlights just to see the look on my pastor’s face! Maybe someday. :D

Well, I went to WW and gained .2 lbs this week. I was expecting a much larger gain so I’m relieved. I do plan to be more mindful this week and track it all. We bought an awesome refrigerator yesterday that will have filtered water and ice in the door. I’ve always wanted one and hubby caved in and let me have it. Even though he said that we will have more issues with it and have to pay for repairs. He is such a downer sometimes! :D I’m going to go and pack for the rest of the day until I need to go to church this evening. We are kicking off our Awana kids program and I’m the secretary again. :)
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning,

I go to PT today. I am hoping they tell me it looks better. The swelling was down last night. I now make sure I put my brace back on before handling the baby. LOL .

@TeresaW1020 LOL yes, I am still learning the trust part..LOL . Tel your DH we have had the door water/ice forever. The fridge we have now is the worst, but the one before NEVER had an issue. This one is a Fridgeidaire , I will never buy another one of this brand. LOL

@trooworld yes we are all still learning...

@RetiredAndLovingIt I so love fresh green beans. Now that is a goal..LOL

@theslightedgeforever It will take me awhile to digest your carb recycle...lots of info. However, if it works for you, it works...when I am ready to work a plan..I will consider this. you know I love my carbs...different one from you..LOL

@joannadavison . you have had a busy day!!!

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @joannadavison So life does get busy and you make sure that you put taking care of YOU somewhere in there. It sounds like you have a plan so that's the good thing. Just curious but do people wear hats to local weddings or is that just for royal weddings. I always like looking at the hats and wish they would come back in style. For Harry and Meghan's, I wore my hat while I sat and watched it. :D

@trooworld Are you still doing Keto? Can't believe it's cold there. I keep hearing from all my friends how hot it still is. I'm ready for fall weather. How are you settling into the new house?

@teresaw1020 Red day exercise plan: Supposedly the theory behind it is you have less energy because you are eating less carbs. So you are apt to feel blah. Don't know if it's true but for the meantime this is what I'm doing. Remember my plan has always been to move as least as possible and eat as much as possible and still lose weight? :p One of these days I'll have to tweak it. I chose swimming today as my exercise. I don't actually swim but more or less do aerobics in the pool. Constantly moving arms and legs. Yeah, winging it gets me in trouble. But yet for the most part, that's how I live my life. lol Hey 0.2 is a maintain in my book and when you have a big break in your normal routine like you do right now, maintaining is the way to go. Of course we would all like to show losses each week, but that's just not realistic I don't think. You've just put your moving on the front burner so you can stir constantly and the weight loss on the back burner simmering. Soon you'll get to move the weight loss back to the front burner.

@cbabie on the carb cycling, the main thing is just concentrate on one day and focus on that. Don't worry about all of the other days and colors and numbers. If it's Wednesday and it's red then you get 100 carbs. Every single time it's red. So you know on those days you won't be eating lots of bananas, pineapples, you plan for more protein and salads. Today I even had some extra carbs to play with and got to eat 2 slices of PB toast. Interestingly, it didn't taste as good as I remember. Which I guess is a good thing so I won't miss it as much. I liked that as a go to snack.

Another good day for me. I only ate 89g and I could have eaten more. I haven't figured out why this is working for me but I'm not going to question it too hard. It's just tracking numbers and staying within numbers. The same could be said for tracking calories or points but I never went three weeks without going over a couple of times. OK, maybe more. lol Tomorrow I will be going to a brunch which will really put my skills to use. My plan is to eat a couple of oz of mozzarella cheese early in the morning so I won't be starving when I get there. Then fill the plate first and take a pic of it so I can remember what I ate to track later. Do not go back for seconds. Take seconds the first time if I think I will want more. Go back for dessert and take a pic to track later. Go home and enter everything into the tracker then adjust the dinner meal and snack carbs. Get in cardio portion of exercise before I leave.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 lol...well, maybe someday you will be brave and do it! ;) Your new fridge sounds awesome! Good luck with the Awana kids program.

@cbabie Good luck at PT I hope it goes well.

@theslightedgeforever Yes, I am doing keto. But I also just had crackers and cheese yesterday so that's not very keto is it? ;) It's very hot here but for some reason, it got very cold at the theatre on Friday night. I'm ready for fall weather, too! We are loving the new house, really enjoying it. We just have to organize the spare room, that's husband's job and he is on "island time". ;) No way to speed him up. :(

EMPOWERED.
  • cbabie
    Options
    Afternoon all,

I went to PT yesterday and yes it's better, but boy did my wrist hurt at home. I am trying to do more at home now. I talked to one of the therapist. and she told me what I should be doing at home to build up better mobility. So I am going to concentrate on that.

@theslightedgeforever sure I will concentrate on one day at a time...but I am not ready right now to do this. I am glad its working for you! Yum, I only eat PB toast when my tummy is sick>>LOL

@trooworld I am so glad you are enjoying your new home. It was worth all the stress.. You will get back to you Keto...life's little bumps.

cbabie