NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,868 Member
    @TeresaW1020 Thanks! I'm glad you are feeling better. 13 days will fly by!!!

@theslightedgeforever That's what my plan was going to be. I journaled some yesterday. I've come to the conclusion that the reason that I am not tracking is that I feel overwhelmed by life right now. Yesterday while off sick, I read a book by someone that did keto the "dirty, lazy way" and lost 140 lbs. She didn't track macros, she only paid attention to net carbs. It worked for her. I don't know if that would work for me or not, I'm just telling her story. That bean salad looks good.

Hello gals. I'm feeling better today, good enough to go to work. I hope you have a great day.

EMPOWERED.
    August goals: track 4 out of 7 days, drink 50 oz of liquids a day, lose 1 lb
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Afternoon,
    Sorry I have been missing, this week is full of Dr appts, therapy, trying to get things in order after sitting with a broken writs for too long. I go to the Dr tomorrow, I am hoping that he will release me to get back on my treadmill.

@TrishasTime I understand having a grand daughter move out. I hope that it gets better and that part of your life heals. Sorry your are still in pain.

@trooworld I glad you are feeling better and I know you will find your "zone" of food and what works best for you again. You have been through a move and settling in and you will little by little get back to tracking. It will become a part of your everyday life again. It's one thing that I remember made you feel good.

@theslightedgeforever DH I think owes you a nice dinner...LOL

@TeresaW1020 I remember when my daughter was selling her house last year...she has always been a clean freak...but that just almost made her go crazy...6 people and several animals to keep up after..LOL . She was so glad when it sold. I know you will enjoy your new home for years to come. I had to laugh out loud about the donut.

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,211 Member
    @trooworld Hooray for your journaling. Yes life can be overwhelming at times. Everyone has to find their own food journey that works for them. I'm really liking this carb cycling. I would never give up carbs but I'm learning to say not right now but I will have them later. That's the bad carbs I'm talking about. I eat carbs everyday. I'm almost at the end of a month on this thing and excited to step on the "special" scale and see how my numbers have changed. They better have changed. lol The actual scales says I've lost almost 9 since July 29. But the first month is always higher. I'd like to lose about 5 1/2-6 a month for the rest of the year. My goal on Jan 1 was to lose 30 lbs in 2019. Then next year settle with 4 per month. My plan anyway. I'm one lb away from being back to where I was before I went on vacation. Any relief yet from your cold?

@cbabie I hope the dr gave you the green light so you can use your treadmill again. I know that set the tone for your whole day. Where's the rest of our group? This is like the original group from many moons ago with you me and @trooworld. lol Sometimes she'd be sitting here by herself.

Another good day for me. I stayed OP and did 45 min walking. Tomorrow is a rest day. Woohoo! oh and day for me to eat something in front of my dh. I may share. NOT! Good thing he doesn't like my kind.

• trooworld
    @cbabie I hope that your doctor's appointment goes well and that he releases you to go back to the treadmill. Thank you, I do hope things settle down for me and I can find a balance.

@theslightedgeforever (((( SKINNY VIBES )))) for the special scale! :) Yes, I'm feeling better, still a little low on energy but much better. Thanks for asking! Enjoy your donuts...or whatever you decide to eat lol.

Hello gals. Where are you, @joannadavison ? @its_cleo ? @RetiredAndLovingIt ? @renaegry ? @gemwolf110 ? @TrishasTime, I know you are on holiday enjoying yourself. :)@TeresaW1020 I suppose you are busy with selling your house. Today at work, we are having a company summer party. There will be ice cream sandwiches, acai bowls, some other summery treats. Then, tonight, I will go to the inaugural meeting of a book club. We don't have a book to read yet, we are meeting to introduce ourselves and pick our first book. This is going to raise my anxiety quite a bit, but I'm going to push myself to go.

EMPOWERED.
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    I'm still here, and reading things. This week dh decided he had to go mow the fields, so I went along. I don't want him on a tractor & mower & me being 100 miles away. Have to just use my cell phone when we go there..I prefer the computer or my I-pad for typing, so haven't been on much. I know, excuses! On the plus side, we have some pumpkins! Not ready to pick yet, and have to dig through the weeds to get to some of them, lol.

@trooworld , glad you are feeling better. Enjoy your book club. I'm afraid I would "have" to indulge in the summery treats, lol.

@theslightedgeforever , wow, you are doing great! Sounds like the carb cycling is your thing!

My sister does whole food, plant based, and no oils. She gave me a website to follow. It interests me, but not sure I could be that dedicated. Altho they all say that it is the healthiest diet to follow. I don't know, I just don't think totally giving up some food groups can be that healthy? But I still read it.

Hi to everyone else.
  • theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld Did you track your one meal today? Are these totally new people in your bookclub? My bookclub starts back Sept 12. We take the summer off. But we read two books to discuss in September. We are reading The Wife Between Us and The White Tiger. I'm halfway through the first one and then will start the second one. I definitely enjoyed my donut today. I ate it slowly and savored it. Normally I would have had that eaten in 3 bites and moved onto the second donut. Thanks for the vibes.

@Retiredandlovingit The pumpkins sound fun. It's almost that time of year. I would be indulging in the summery treats too. I would pick one and plan it into my day and then plan everything else around that. Your sisters food plan: I've learned that works for some people and doesn't for others. It's like being on a road from New York to California. Some people want to go to California and enjoy living there. Other's stop in Chicago in the fall and realize they like seeing the changing of the leaves and the cold is brutal but doable since it's not all the time. So they stick there. It doesn't mean one day they won't head west. They might find a comfortable place in Colorado in the mountains one day. I think the healthiest plan is one that you can stay on the longest. Well, other than the junk food plan. I was on that one for many years. lol My granny ate all the wrong things. Pork and beef, lard, and exposed herself to second hand smoke, didn't wear sunscreen, etc. She lived to be 95. No health problems. I think because she didn't eat a lot of processed foods and she walked everywhere. She would pull a little cart over to Kroger and get her groceries and walk back. Interesting that she had 7 kids and all but two died of cancer. One is still living and the other was a stroke.

Another day done on my plan. I've been at this for almost 30 days. I'm doing a lot better than I was in June and July. It's all about the progress. Rest day today.
  • trooworld
    @RetiredAndLovingIt I understand, I don't type on my phone, I use my computer only. Pumpkins!!! Do you think you'll have some big ones? :D I'm glad I'm feeling better, too! I DID indulge in some summery treats, although only two: a freshly made ice cream sandwich and an acai bowl. Both were delicious. No oils at all? That doesn't sound very healthy...if it is plant-based, there is no place to get fats except avocado?

@theslightedgeforever I did, my breakfast. The book club is brand new, so totally new people. I've heard of both of those books, heard they are good. I haven't read either though. I went to the book club and was pleasantly surprised that my anxiety didn't get in the way of socializing. I met a new potential friend, liked almost everyone in the group, and had fun. Someone really wanted to read the classics, so after thoroughly searching, we found a book that everyone hadn't read and that was deemed a classic: "The Castle" by Franz Kafka. I have read enough classics while in college and was hoping this book club would be more contemporary fiction/sci-fi/horror/anything but the classics. :( I'm going to send the organizer a note suggesting we rotate genres. :D

EMPOWERED.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Good morning!

@trooworld, funny that you mentioned Dirty, Lazy Keto because I just found her FB page and podcast. It was after I was watching a YouTube video from Thomas DeLauer, whom I really do like but dang he is so crazy strict about what to eat and what not to eat. I want to be healthy too but I mostly want this stinking weight off and I don’t want to stress out about it for the rest of my life. Do you recommend that I read her book?

I’m so happy you enjoyed your new book club. Yeah, I think rotating genres is a good idea. My ladies Bible study is picking back up next month and we are going to have a bunch of new ladies joining us this time. I’m excited about that and maybe NOT being one of the only women who are willing to talk in a group! :D

@cbabie, So did the doctor tell you that you can start walking on your treadmill. I know you are so ready to get back to your life before you had a broken wrist. <3

@theslightedgeforever, HaHa we had the same granny except mine was the one blowing all the second-hand smoke on us. I do think there is a lot to be said for cutting the overly processed food out of our diet. And not being a couch potato! :D

@RetiredAndLovingIt, how awesome that you can pick your own pumpkins. They are so expensive but fun to use for fall decorations! :)

Sorry, I've been missing the last few days. Things here are moving along. We are getting this house ready to sell and prepping for next week's close on the new house. We have a fence guy and someone to build our screened-in porch coming to give us bids so we can submit to the HOA. Soooo much paperwork just to get something approved. My weight is bouncing up and down but I'm at least trying to keep it under control. :)
  • theslightedgeforever
    Quick check in. I followed my plan at the birthday party. Exceptions were I had planned in 1/2 piece cake and one cupcake in case the cake was dry. But it was good so no cupcake and whole piece of cake. Plan was 1 c beef stew but I ate 1/2 c and opted for 1/4 spinach cheese dip instead. Which I ate with a spoon. No Tostitos. Oh and cheese squares. No crackers. I love crackers. But I love bday cake more so I had to make a choice. Exercise was Leslie Sansone and strength training
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Afternoon, I have had a couple of emotional days, but the news from the dr was good. I still need more PT, but there is new bone growing where I broke it. I also got a kudos for my range of motion. I have increased 5%. So only thing is I forgot to ask if I can walk on Treadmill. I will have to call, not another appointment for a month. Through all of this, I have lost 12 lbs...but some of that is because of the fasting I am doing. LOL

@theslightedgeforever Yes I think the reason granny was healthier was because she was old school...LOL I still miss her dumplings though!! I think you have found your way of eating life.

@trooworld No anxiety...LOL . just enjoy people who like the same hobby as you!!!

@RetiredAndLovingIt I love pumpkin...I am with you, computer or Ipad is for sure the better way to check in.

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited September 2019
    @cbabie I was thinking of dumplings today when I was looking at the left over tortillas. That's the quick way to make chicken and dumplings. Then I thought I bet that's loaded with carbs. But it will have to go on a green day.

I stayed OP today. Did 30 min walking in the mall with dh.

I stepped on the special scale: Since Aug 1beginning of program

7.5 lbs gone including 0.5 lbs of Visceral Fat
    BMI decreased by 1.5
    Bodyfat % decreased by 0.9%
    Muscle Mass increased by 0.2%

Onto September.......
  • JoDavo66
    JoDavo66 Posts: 526 Member
    Hello. I have been away - currently on way home & limited data on DH's Wifi hot spot.
    We went to sea-side after Wedding & I just gave up! Had full week totally off plan. Lots of ice cream, fish n chips ( UK seas-side delicacy- battered & deep fried- on WW you'd use more than your weeklies for 1 lot), clotted cream scones ( we were in Devon). So I've just not tracked or worried about it.
    I'll catch up with everyone's news when I get home. 1st Sept, new month & start of UK school's new year so my journey meal is totally on track. I'm back to work on Tues- jeans for training day & I just hope my work clothes fit on Wednesday.
  • trooworld
    edited September 2019
    @TeresaW1020 I do recommend that you read her book, it's a quick read and she relaxes the rules making it a LOT less stressful (think: no making your own mayo and worrying about canola oil in ranch dressing!!!). If she can do it the lazy, dirty way and lose 140 lbs, we can do it! It's what I need right now, I'm telling you. I am at a breaking point with being overwhelmed with things. I need to uncomplicate things, starting with my diet. Yes, I did enjoy the book club! I hope the new ladies that join your group do talk, sometimes it can be intimidating to join an already established group so they may be shy. Your weight will even out in the end, I'm sure. Good luck closing!

@theslightedgeforever Great job at the birthday party! :D And wow, what phenomenal numbers for August, congrats! :D

@cbabie That's great that you had a good appointment! Congrats and congrats on the loss!

@joannadavison That all sounds delicious and worth it lol! Welcome home!!!

Hello all. I got on the scale for the first time since 8/8 and I did not like what I saw. I was disgusted with myself. I mean absolutely disgusted. I have a plan though. I know I said I am overwhelmed and need to uncomplicate things, but we are running out of things to eat at Trader Joe's so this week, we are cooking easy meals from the grocery store, real food. I am sticking with keto but doing it 100%. Not only at meals and eating whatever snacks I want. Not only Monday-Friday and then eating whatever on the weekends. That's not going to work. This is my menu for this week (Today, we are celebrating my sister-in-law's birthday, and the menu is NOT keto, but keto starts tomorrow). I'm determined to get back on track this month:

Instant Pot Pulled Pork Sandwiches + Coleslaw + Baked Beans (for my sis-in-law's birthday)
    Crock Pot Cubed Steak with Gravy + Simple Cauliflower Keto Casserole
    Avocado Salmon Salad
    Beef Stir Fry With Peanut Sauce (add broccoli)
    Cheeseburger Salad (basically a deconstructed cheeseburger in a bowl over shredded lettuce)

EMPOWERED.
    September goals: track 1 meal a day, drink 50 oz of liquids a day, lose 1 lb
  • JoDavo66
    @TeresaW1020 the church kids club sounds fun. We've lost our community worker posts & so a few of us sharing jobs- I take the 11-16 to a district meeting once a month & then run one at our church 2 weeks later. We are small in number but growing. I am thinking of cancelling WW too. I still want the protein bars as much lower than other brands but I've found out anyone can order them on line. I'll do this month & then decide.
    @cbabb great news
    @trooworld -I dread to think about the scales after my last 2 weeks. I feel gross.
    @theslightedgeforever love your improvement- I need to take inspiration

I apologise now for not remembering all the details in all the posts.
    I'm about to hang up washing load 2 & put in the 3rd! I can barely see my kitchen floor.
    Loving that most of my teacher friends are back to school tomorrow & my school has 1 more day! Off out to Eden Camp again- we got a month's pass as part of admission so might as well use it!!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @trooworld, you and I are in the exact same place. We need to lose weight and not get all complicated about it. I have a few Keto groups on FB that are so strict. I appreciate and want to eat as cleanly as possible but I’m NOT making my own mayo and I’m NOT giving up my Litehouse Chunky Blue Cheese dressing dipped in spicy pork rinds. That stuff is life!! :D Don't beat yourself up over what the scale says. Just start doing what you know works. I agree that it really needs to be a 7 day a week commitment and keep the off days down to only once in a while and for a good reason. You got this, girl!! <3

@joannadavision, sounds like you had a wonderful time and enjoyed all the yummy foods of the region. I sooooo love fish and chips!!! <3 Now you just get back on your plan and finish this year strong!!

@cbabie, good job on losing 12 lbs and for having more range of motion! Hopefully, you can get back on your treadmill. I got on mine on Saturday and it felt great. I will be glad to get all settled again and get back to my workout routine.

@theslightedgeforever, my grandma used to make the best chicken & dumplings and then one day she made a big pot for the family and had used tortillas for the dumplings. You talk about outrage and horror from the family! :o She had thought it was a brilliant idea and much easier than making her homemade. Needless to say, we didn’t have tortillas in our chicken & dumplings again! :D:D

@its_cleo, I hope all is well? I know you were sick the last time you checked in. We miss you!! <3

Waahhooo! One week from today we will be moving into our new house! I am ready to be done. We close on the new house this Thursday at 3 pm. Afterward, hubby and I are going out for a steak dinner and I might just have a glass of wine to celebrate! B) I'm only working today and Thursday morning so I should have plenty of time to get the rest of the packing done and everything organized. I have a spreadsheet for every day this week and what needs to be done. ;) I have also made a vow to myself that I will get into Onderland this month!! I haven't been under 200 lbs in almost 30 years. I think it's time! :)
  • trooworld
    @joannadavison I hope the scale gives you better news than it did me! Ugh. I'm so disappointed. Enjoy Eden Camp!

@TeresaW1020 YES! :D Girl, I am 5 lbs away from my highest weight of ALL TIME. :( (I wish I could make a mad face but I'm on my desktop computer and can't, so just know that is supposed to be a mad face not a sad face lol) Thank you for your encouragement and kind words. Everyone here is always so supportive, that is why I've been a member of this little board for so long now! <3 That's funny about the tortillas for dumplings. One week away??? You must be so excited! That was so fast! And to get to Onederland this month...that would be fabulous, or should I say, fabuless??? ;)

Hi all. I'm about to journal because I am so still POd about the scale. I'm a measly 5 lbs away from my highest weight ever, that is not good at all! I think a couple of things have worked against me lately:

- snacks
    - not tracking in some form or another
    - eating Trader Joe's meals instead of cooking at home and not paying strict attention to the macronutrients in those meals

Like I said yesterday, I'm cooking real food this week. We'll see if it makes a difference. I also did not get the snacks that I have been getting lately. I got some snacks but different snacks than I have been getting.

EMPOWERED.
    September goals: track 1 meal a day, drink 50 oz of liquids a day, lose 1 lb

• renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Good day all. Back from camping and sad to say I think I am up 10 lbs this August. I know a few pounds will come off easy in next few days but still makes me mad that I let myself get back there. On way to Yorkton to pick up the newest addition to our family a little male kitten. k7d1chhr6q9g.jpeg
    Back at it tomorrow. Ready for major commitment.
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,334 Member
    renaegry wrote: »
    Good day all. Back from camping and sad to say I think I am up 10 lbs this August. I know a few pounds will come off easy in next few days but still makes me mad that I let myself get back there. On way to Yorkton to pick up the newest addition to our family a little male kitten. k7d1chhr6q9g.jpeg
    Back at it tomorrow. Ready for major commitment.

Awe the kitty is soo cute
  • JoDavo66
    @TeresaW1020 exciting times, re:new house. Enjoy the celebration on Thursday. I thought I was crazy planner but spreadsheets shpuld definitely keep you organised.

@trooworld I've spent a bit of time getting my planner & fitness journal in order. Got a month of meals listed & planned 1st 2 weeks, while we were away. We also try to cook from scratch as I find processed meals too small (& I want more) and salty (causing water retention). We tried a Nandos packet today- substituted quorn (branded vegetable protein) for chicken in the recipe- it was gorgeous.

@renaegry don't panic- I've had a "good" holiday too- was going to get weighed this morning & I totally forgot. I can feel it's not good! Important thing is to have a good break & relax.
    That kitten is just tooo adorable. We've got 2 cats- from kittens. Molly is a shy princess diva (we think she has PTSD from being abandoned too young) & Charlie is a naughty teenage boy!! Both were rescue kittens.

I really should be in bed. 1st day back at school tomorrow & it's a training day. I need to look like I'm awake. Been busy sorting my planners.
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,334 Member
    Happy Labor Day!!! It was certainly a busy day for me, friend of mine gave me a ton of bricks for the new fire pit so that was a good workout just moving the bricks but then getting the area ready was another. Had to stop because it started raining and thundering. Looking forward to seeing the end results.

Second jobs orientation went great! I will be training for the next couple of weeks. It’s going to be a busy season but will be worth it. Especially since I’ll be working at one of my favorite stores.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Here’s some pics from start to now:
    pd5zlfs6fbwd.jpeg
    2nds1poj3ubv.jpeg
    62m8qatd6mgd.jpeg
    cy1qqbkijb08.jpeg
    6bc1p2i2eerc.jpeg
    dve05t45n83q.jpeg