NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    gemwolf I buy cauliflower and then end up letting it spoil. I have good intentions when Im at the grocery store. But it really does have good benefits. I also need the benefits of heart disease, weight loss and hormones.

bininj Hope all is well with you

trooworld "Healthy" we all have our own opinions on what that word means. I have a friend who goes on and on about her low fat diet when I personally think the sugar they add to the product makes it unhealthy. I don't have the fat hang ups I used to have. Because right now my sugar intake is more important. I saw that tater tot recipe the other day. That looks good. Oh and your soup too. I need a mindset change. I have to have soup + something else, or I feel hungry. I think just a mindset. I hope you feel better.

tattooed Its hard for me not to call you Believe. Well done on leaving the candy behind. I was at check out and kept staring at the candy bars. Then I was bargaining with myself saying what if you just eat 1/4. But knew that was a lie. Finally the line moved and I got out of there.

karin welcome to the group

dawne Im glad you are finding something that works for you. Did you get in some walking? I like laughing cow cheese so I will try that once I'm done with my nacho recipe.

danka Did you track your food and move your body a bit this weekend?

mysticlizard It worked well in the crockpot. I thought it was going to be too much liquid but it worked out okay. Dh liked it. I was thinking next time sweet potatoes would have been good in place of squash. Yikes on your daughter. Glad she's okay.

So how is everyone doing on their challenges? I'm not. But I am determined to exercise tomorrow.

posted
    tracked; over 18 carbs; under calories
    Goal: exercise (not met)

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,085 Member
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever your soup looks delicious! I'm of the same mindset when it comes to soup: gotta have soup + a grilled cheese, soup + something! I know people that go through life every day eating soup for lunch and they don't get anything extra. You are right about the word "healthy". I'm trying to stay away from sugar, too, it's just bad for you all around in my opinion. Also trying to stay away from processed foods for the most part...simple carbs too.
  • mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever -I am glad it turned out. I will have to make a crock pot full some time this week. I really need to get some quinoa an try cooking with it. I have had it a few times and I really don't know what to think of it.

I spoke to soon last night about staying on track with eating. My youngest daughter (16) brought home supper for me when she got off from Subway at 10 last night so we could have supper together. I had already used most of my calories, but ate again with her (there was no arm twisting needed), then ran amok eating more crap. Well the house is pretty much snack food free now. I did log everything and now it is time to move on and make better choices. I did get my hour of exercise in this morning.

I hope everyone is having a nice weekend. :)
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    cbabie wrote: »
    We thought about the group but I thought we could just follow this thread instead of a group because are so many groups out there

The main advantage of having a group is that you can have 20 different threads with 50 posts each on different topics, rather than a long stream of 1000 posts. And yes, there are a lot of groups out there -- but there are a lot of threads under Motivation and Support, too. Someone has to know the link one way or the other.
  • tattooedprincess8
    Options
    Busy day yesterday...got up at 7am to go grocery shopping and then cleaned up the kitchen, went and got my hair colored (still can't decide if I like it) then came home expecting to go out to dinner! I had saved most of my calories and we ended up not going so I had over 1200 calories left. Glad I didn't go crazy. Ate some Mac & Cheese (1 cup) with my kids and about a cup of popcorn and called it a day. Still trying to get used to this app & group so give me a week or so and I will start writing personals. Thank you all for welcoming me. Hoping this will work better for me than the new WW program.
  • jackie_van_d
    jackie_van_d Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hello all, it's gonna be a tough 2 days ahead food wise . Staying at my sisters for 2 days for the quiet... And she's spoiling me! She's stocked the snack cupboard with my faves, a plate of cookies on the counter and a bowl of herseys kisses in my room!!!!
    She's taking me out for dinner tonight and tomorrow I have the FULL day to MYSELF (haven't had one in over a year!)
    So my plan is to head into the city and do some walking in the morning and then come back and read (at home it's never more then a page before a distraction) in the quietness !!!!
    And Tuesday I go to work from here and then back to the craziness of home
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    trooworld We think the same in alot of ways.

mystic lizard Yaaay on logging and exercising. That's doing it right.

tattooed I think once you get settled in you will love it. This gives you so much more info than points in and out.

jackie For times like these I think maintain. I partake but don't go overboard. I make sure I get in my exercise. I keep tracking. I try to also go out and buy some fruit for me to snack on. Maybe you could be a good influence on your sister. I have a buddy like that. I see her once a year and we are dangerous together. Now that we are older we talk about our health more. We had a friend die suddenly due to obesity issues. But enjoy your time. That's most important

@vingogly Welcome to the group I like the same thread for exactly the reason you mentioned. So we can find it again and a bunch of us have made a core group here. I like everything centralized instead of having to look through 20 threads. Time saver for me. I sit too much as it is. The easiest way to find the thread is to click on the star next to the thread so it becomes your favorite and then on the community tab at the top right you can click on the star next to the bell OR click on the bell and you will see when others respond to the thread.

Did you all hear shelly's oldest son was involved in a motorcycle accident. Let's all send thoughts and prayers her way.

posted
    tracked under calories and carbs
    Goal exercise MET 24 minutes of walking
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Morning gals:

Well I have read all the post and I don't know if I can catch up. I have been extremely busy..so busy that I haven't visited you guys, logged, or exercised. The weekends are tough on me as my DH sleeps forever and I am always on the move, never at home. I also didn't stay away from sugar as it was the easiest thing to grab off the counter, a birthday party over the weekend..oh my..I feel like saying Toto....I just want to go home. :)

So today is another day of another week and I try, try, try, to make this one a better one. I noticed yesterday singing that I was struggling with "catching" my breath...so I KNOW I have too much weight on me. Can't make myself get on the scales...so I will eat better and then get on the scale and see the damage..

@theslightedgeforever I didn't hear about Shelly's son, thank you for posting. I will add to my prayer list this morning.
    @jjansen39 Yes try to maintain...that's the best plan. Glad you are getting some ME time. :)
    @tattooedprincess8 I am so glad you are here...great job on eating...I bet your hair color is great!!
    @mysticlizard Sounds like we had the same day..LOL
    @trooworld I need to stay away from those foods too, my problem is when I "deprave" myself I eat the whole house..so I am still working on that balance. I know as my age changes, my body does too..so I have to start listening to it!
    @dankas001 Morning! hope your weekend was good.
    @gemwolf110 Hope you have a great weekend and are feeling much better.
    @bininj Morning
    @dawnemjh Hope you are feeling better!
    @bugmom92 Morning!

Okay guys,

GOALS:
    Get back on track eating
    Walk

tomorrow add one thing
  • trooworld
    Options
    Hi all. I'm still under the weather and did not go to work today, don't want to get anyone sick. It's extremely hard for me to not go into the refrigerator and eat some of the Chicken and Noodles with Mashed Potatoes that I made for dinner last night. I want to eat to soothe myself, but I'm going to try hard not to. I'm going to practice a little distraction right now by watching tv. Talk to you later, have a good day!
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    Hi everyone,

For all of you who are sick, I hope you start feeling better soon.

I did well on my eating yesterday and got my hour of exercise in today. So I am on track so far.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day. :)
  • trooworld
    Options
    @gemwolf110 I'm sorry you are still sick. What I've got is weird, it seems like a cold, but I don't have a cough! I hope you feel better too. A puppy? How fun! Except when they make messes :smile: I have a pug who is 6 years old and will make a mess if I let him.

@mysticlizard Great job on the eating and exercise!

Well it's a rare rainy evening here in San Diego, not much rain but enough to call for a hot bowl of ramen (the restaurant kind, not the instant kind...actually, my husband makes the restaurant kind at home!). It's been very much a carb day, very heavy. I'm trying not to eat so much of that because carbs make me sleepy and feel bloated.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    cbabie You said this the other day when you had that dizziness and nauseousness.

1) Tell each other your biggest challenge that you faced today or yesterday
    The biggest challenge was to take care of ME
    2) Give one reason why you are following your program.
    Because I want my health, I want to be active, mind alert, no doctors, live to enjoy my family and to serve God with the body he gave me.

Now compare that to this: I have been extremely busy..so busy that I haven't visited you guys, logged, or exercised. The weekends are tough on me as my DH sleeps forever and I am always on the move, never at home.

See the disconnect. I think that little episode was your body warning you. We all care about you. So it sounds like on the weekend you take care of everyone but you. I think you mentioned before that your treadmill was in the bedroom. Could you take a walk outside or do a Leslie Sansone video from Youtube on your computer in another room. If something were to happen to you and you ended up in the hospital or on chemo, all those things that keep you running would fall by the wayside or as usual someone else would have to step up and do them. Say YES to yourself. <3

trooworld I'm like that when I'm sick. I want comfort food. The good thing is that you recognized your craving and distracted yourself. That didn't happen for me. So what's the difference between restaurant ramen and the instant kind. Other than the obvious lol

gemwolf Yaaay on feeling better My cat hated going to the vet. She would sense it I swear. OK let's do the exercise this week and crank up our metabolism.

mysticlizard YES on exercise and eating right. I see some lbs gone in your future.

Anyone eat any cauliflower yet? Tonight I made cauliflower nachos. I added some dollops of refried beans since I didn't have any guacamole. It was delicious.

posted
    tracked under cals and carbs
    Goal exercise Not met
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    z08atg94ca0g.jpeg
  • bininj
    bininj Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear that a few of you have been unwell. No sickness here. I'm feeling great. 7kgs down. My skin is clear, I'm sleeping well. Low Carb high fat eating has stopped that bloated feeling and energized me.
  • Cazzie1157
    Cazzie1157 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey, just quit wwers, the cost, gas to w/in
    Mfp is FREE!
    Feel free to add me!

How do we add people please?
  • Cazzie1157
    Cazzie1157 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just found this thread. I used to be a WW until they closed down our meetings. It's way too expensive to do it online and there's no motivation not to cheat. I'm hoping to find it here.
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Morning gals:

Welcome Cazzie!! This is a place to get encouragement, laughter, ideas, goals, we each are on a different journey, yet all the same. We DESIRE to be healthy!!!

I struggle with managing my time, my eating habits and my exercise. Yesterday I did okay until about 7, then I hit the gummy worms calling my name. I haven't cooked in a week and that really is the problem. I am not home long enough right now and I haven't put something in the crockpot. Today is another one of those days. I won't get home until 8 or so tonight. So I have to put on my goals..prep, plan, cook.

Okay gals. I have to go run or walk..something

I hope everyone has a good day and all those that are sick, be healed!!!

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever restaurant ramen is made with refrigerated fresh noodles, the broth takes hours to make, and it tastes so much better! :smile: Here is a picture of an authentic ramen bowl: 20120701-212973-seattleramen-revelw514.JPG Those nachos look fantastic!

Welcome, @Cazzie1157 !

@gemwolf110 I have to be strict too...I could easily gain that much myself. I hope to at least maintain during the holidays.

Feeling a little better today, I'm going to go to work. Wish me luck to stay all day!
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    Hi everyone!

@theslightedgeforever -The cauliflower nachos look amazing. I need to go get another head of cauliflower to try it out.

@trooworld - The ramen looks yummy. Is there a special recipe your hubby uses?

Yesterday I kept within my calories. Today I got my exercise in. My goal today is to keep within my calories and make decent food choices.

I hope everyone has a good day.