NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,196 Member
    @trooworld So can you get in a little movement today? That Watch Party sounds neat.

@teresaw1020 You've come this far. You can lose another 22 lbs. Just keep focusing and keep striving towards it.

@gemwolf110 Happy to see your face. :) You sound very positive today about your life goals. Have you thought about even smaller goals/rewards to get to the 50 lbs?

@cbabie Yaaay on the exercise. So what can you do besides eat to be eating? You know I've talked about journaling before. When you are eating, ask yourself am I hungry? Why am I eating and go write down what's going on around you. Get it all out on the page. Then later you can always go back and see if any of those thoughts are true. What evidence are they true, etc? Self sabotage education is a good thing. I remember when you got hit. Messed up my whale watching trip with the neighbor upstairs. :D Was his name Peter? I also remember you took me to Cape Cod (I still have those pictures-we were skinny back then) Then we drove to the White Mts. No whale watching for me this trip either. Oh well. Maybe one day.

139/164 Yellow
    31 treadmill 15 min weights
    50% water
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,306 Member
    @trooworld So can you get in a little movement today? That Watch Party sounds neat.

@teresaw1020 You've come this far. You can lose another 22 lbs. Just keep focusing and keep striving towards it.

@gemwolf110 Happy to see your face. :) You sound very positive today about your life goals. Have you thought about even smaller goals/rewards to get to the 50 lbs?

@cbabie Yaaay on the exercise. So what can you do besides eat to be eating? You know I've talked about journaling before. When you are eating, ask yourself am I hungry? Why am I eating and go write down what's going on around you. Get it all out on the page. Then later you can always go back and see if any of those thoughts are true. What evidence are they true, etc? Self sabotage education is a good thing. I remember when you got hit. Messed up my whale watching trip with the neighbor upstairs. :D Was his name Peter? I also remember you took me to Cape Cod (I still have those pictures-we were skinny back then) Then we drove to the White Mts. No whale watching for me this trip either. Oh well. Maybe one day.

139/164 Yellow
    31 treadmill 15 min weights
    50% water

I’m working on smaller goals but I figure the 50lb mark will be an accomplishment. 25 lbs would bring me under 200 which would be amazing. Haven’t been under 200 in years.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,781 Member
    @TeresaW1020 They were really good! We watched "Attack the Block", it's an alien invasion movie. :) My weight is up, too, the exact same amount as you. We can't lose every week but it's important to keep trying! I know my gain likely had something to do with the snacks I had last night while watching a movie (pretzels and caramel corn!). You can totally push for that goal and get as close to it as possible or reach it!

@gemwolf110 Me too! Oh geez, I'm glad your dogs are doing better. A reward is a good idea.

@cbabie Learning how to not beat yourself up with negative thoughts is so important. If I am tempted to do so, I ask myself if I would talk that way to my best friend? It usually helps stop the thoughts. That sounds like a good class. Is it through your church?

@theslightedgeforever Yes, I will probably get some movement in today but right now, I am focusing on my food as no matter how much exercise I do, I can't outrun my fork. :D I proved this when I was going to boxing. But it is important for many reasons to fit movement into my week.

Hi all. I gained 1.4 lbs this week. I need to turn this gaining streak around. I truly believe the key to that is my healthy habits. I think what happened this week is a combination of the salty snacks I ate while watching the movie last night + not meeting my caloric budget. Today is laid back. I'm going grocery shopping and that's about it.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,253 Member
    edited September 2021
    Quick pop in. Hubby home this weekend. So really haven’t done anything exercise wise. And eating hasn’t been as good as it should. But will get back on track tomorrow. No clue dots Friday and Saturday but still within my weekly points. Doing a bunch of yard prep work today so that will be my workout for today
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @theslightedgeforever I know that I will lose another 22 lbs. It’s how long it will take me that has me concerned. :D You are right that it will take focus. How is Boston! :)

@gemwolf110 Look how pretty you are in your picture! You better watch out for all the male friend requests that will come your way. ;)

@trooworld I’ve also been thinking about how I can turn my gains around and get back to consistently losing. I’m not snacking but my portions are too big. Especially at dinner, which isn’t good because then I’m just sitting the rest of the evening. :/

@renaegry Sounds like you have had a really good weekend! :)

Hi everyone! Today was pretty good. I had fun this morning teaching Sunday school. We are on Adam and Eve, and I was telling the story of how God made Adam and then took a rib from him to make Eve. One of my little 5-year-old girls looks at me with big eyes and says, “I’m made from a boy!” Yup, you sure are! :D After church DH and I to Kohls for some black dress pants. My pastor’s father passed away and his funeral is this coming Wednesday. I had gotten rid of all my dress pants a few months ago. I was super excited that after trying on a size 12, I had to get the size 10 AND a belt because the waist is a little too loose but size 8 wouldn’t have fit my hips. It was a very good feeling. This coming week, I’m going to really watch my portions and macros. I’ve been playing with the same few pounds, and I NEED to move on. I want to be below 175 lbs. by the time we go on our shopping trip on the 28th. :)
  • theslightedgeforever
    Quick check in. Boston was nice. We got to stay right on the harbor. I turned in some reward points I never use. We are in Vermont right now. We drove this evening.

Only ate 2 meals today; no snacks

68/100
    45 min walk
    25% water
  • trooworld
    @renaegry Sounds like you are doing pretty well and getting back on track today.

@TeresaW1020 That's good you are thinking about how to turn it around. I know you'll figure it out. :) That's cute about what the 5-year-old said. Wow, what a great NSV about the black pants!

@theslightedgeforever That sounds wonderful. Are the leaves turning colors in Vermont? I would love to see it, take some pics if you can!

Hello all. Yesterday was a lazy day and we ended up ordering pizza. I still ended up with a deficit though, so I was happy about that. Today is back to work. I need to make sure and pack enough snacks to keep me out of the vending machines.

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,546 Member
    Morning all, I too am up in my weight..1.6 lbs. I know WHY..LOL now it's time to stop the why and move forward with my goals.

@TeresaW1020 Congrats on the size!! how awesome to HAVE to go down to a smaller size. LOL. Love the comment from the little girl...

@trooworld The class was something I got invited to from someone I somehow got on their email list. Who knows with me. LOL. You know sometimes we just need the salty snacks. Sometimes I just need the "crunch" LOL

@renaegry sounds like you are okay with all your choices and that's a plus. You know how life ebbs and flows and you work with it to stay the course. Sounds like a plan to me!!!

@theslightedgeforever Vermont is the most beautiful state!! Enjoy

@gemwolf110 Love the picture, you got this. You have a plan.. :)

Cbabie
  • gemwolf110
    Morning!
    Thank you! I don’t think I’ve ever had my picture on here and I didn’t even think of the male friend requests…hmmm

• trooworld
    @cbabie Sorry about the gain. You'll get that off in no time, I know it. I love salty snacks. And yes, sometimes we just need them! :)

@gemwolf110 Yes, very pretty picture, watch out!

Hi all. Not much to report. I stayed under my calorie goal for yesterday so that was good. I also stayed out of the vending machines and cafe.

• cbabie
    Morning all, I went for a bike ride twice yesterday, started to go for a walk with baby girl, but she took a fall and scraped both knees pretty good and spent the rest of the night not wanting to walk and kept her knees bent...so I didn't get much else done. LOL. She is asleep and legs straight now...so hopefully we are back to normal today.

@trooworld I too was over my calorie goal, but was way better on my fat intake. So little choices make better results. LOL Great job on staying out of the vending machine.

@gemwolf110 I have never had my picture on here either. LOL.

Cbabie
  • gemwolf110
    Yeah I may change it lol
  • trooworld
    @cbabie Aw, poor little baby girl. I hope she feels better today. I was actually under my calorie goal the day before yesterday, but yesterday I was above it and will be again today. Today will be better for both of us! <3

@gemwolf110 Well, I like the pup picture too!

Hi all. I did so-so yesterday: I was over in my calories but did take a walk in the afternoon with my manager. I was only over by 198 calories, so not too bad. Today is my last day in the office this week and I'm going to be busy so hopefully that will keep me out of trouble. :P

• renaegry
    Trying something different. I unlinked mfp to Fitbit and when i rehooked it up I left out the activity and exercise. Will manual log my exercise into mfp. I like logging my workout thru here but then they double up on Fitbit. So going to give this a try.
  • renaegry
    Well that didn’t work. Won’t connect with leaving out the activity. Oh well. I tried. Will just let my steps and cals burned keep doing what they were doing
  • cbabie
    Morning all, I got a little over 4 miles on my bike yesterday, but went over on calories again. Try Try Try again today!! LOL

@renaegry Yea I just ignore what it says about my exercise and watch for how many calories I eat. LOL

@trooworld Hope you and I are on track today. :)

Cbabie
  • gemwolf110
    564eh255s7oe.jpeg
  • theslightedgeforever
    Hello all. Popping in for a moment. I've been to Vermont now after Boston and toured Ben and Jerry's factory. But the tour was closed because of covid but we saw it and the graveyard for discontinued flavors and got to eat some ice cream. I have seen how they get the sap from maple trees and turn it into pure maple syrup. Everything is maple in Vermont. Got to see a nice water front in Burlington. Then today was New Hampshire and we rode a 100 year old train for a scenic route and then we drove up White Mt. It was windy, rainy, foggy and scary. The road is too narrow. We are now in Maine and headed to Bar Harbor tomorrow. The best foliage is in New Hampshire. Once I get all my pics and videos organized I'll post some. Eventually I want to do a blog so I can put a link and people can view them whenever. You know people don't really like looking at someone else's vacation pics. :D Food has been remarkably good and not overdone. Walking has been alot except for yesterday but I went to the gym once we arrived in New Hampshire. Today I haven't done anything when we got to this hotel. I'm tired. I'm just glad we don't have to pack up and go to another hotel. I'm tired of lugging suitcases in and out every day. lol I guess more calories burned.

152/164 Yellow
    No exercise
    25% water
  • trooworld
    @renaegry Yeah I hate when they do that. It happened on WW too.

@cbabie 4 miles is great. I wasn't so on track yesterday but will try try try again today too! :)

@gemwolf110 That's beautiful! I love fall. My favorite season.

@theslightedgeforever That sounds fun. I love B&J ice cream. I can't wait to see your pictures. I want to see them!!!

Hi all. I didn't do so well yesterday but I did track it all. I'm hoping today is better. I'm working from home and I'm so glad: yesterday was an exhausting day, I moved some boxes of magazines and it tired me out. I have more to move on Monday.

• gemwolf110
    trooworld wrote: »
    @renaegry Yeah I hate when they do that. It happened on WW too.

@cbabie 4 miles is great. I wasn't so on track yesterday but will try try try again today too! :)

@gemwolf110 That's beautiful! I love fall. My favorite season.

@theslightedgeforever That sounds fun. I love B&J ice cream. I can't wait to see your pictures. I want to see them!!!

Hi all. I didn't do so well yesterday but I did track it all. I'm hoping today is better. I'm working from home and I'm so glad: yesterday was an exhausting day, I moved some boxes of magazines and it tired me out. I have more to move on Monday.

It’s my favorite season. Love living in New England get to see the fall leaves.