NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,860 Member
    @roz0810 Thank you, I did! It was wonderful!

@gemwolf110 Thank you! I have not had any experience with Hello Fresh but those types of things seem very convenient. That's cool that we made 7777 comments!

@TeresaW1020 I really enjoyed my birthday, it was a lot of fun. Now back to reality lol! Sitting out on the porch in fall weather sounds wonderful. That's great you are going shopping!

Hi all. I had a wonderful birthday. Here are some pictures from yesterday. The food picture is crab cake benedict. Besides going to brunch, we went to a used bookstore called Verbatim books and I made earrings for Halloween for my friend and me. I'm off half day today to continue enjoying myself!

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
    gr8f35how7hv.jpg
    6oycie4sjihc.jpg
    epaiaa7s8d7l.jpg
    k35z5jivj6ym.jpg
    evn0bqyk1ffb.jpg
    qv6z7tq1y805.jpg
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,561 Member
    Morning all, wow, it's been a week. I have fought a headache most of the weekend...now sneezing my head off..(hate weather change). however, loving the cooler weather. It's rained most of the weekend as well. I have done horrible in tracking..new week new day new mindset. This has been a week of looking at the inside and not on the outside. I have met my goal of riding bike all week..so that is a plus.

@trooworld Happy belated Birthday. What an awesome book store. Great pictures. I forget you are by the beach.
    You are ms creative!!!

@gemwolf110 Loved that 7777 number post..Thank you for seeing that and sharing. It's so good to see you on here..one thing I have learned is to surround me with like minded people if that's the end goal...If I stay in my own head...UGH..not a good place to be. LOL. Great on posting goals...you got this.

@TeresaW1020 Yes we have been enjoying cooler weather. Sounds like your Tuesday is a FUN day. LOL

@roz0810 So glad to see you here. You have got this...come back and post about your day...see our post and know we are a community of encouragers and are glad you are here!!

@RetiredAndLovingIt I saw the adds about the fresh food, I just know I am a picky eater...LOL so I can't go that route..I just need to cook more. I have a freezer full of food/meat. I am getting better a planning meals and not just oh what sounds good today or oh what can I unthaw really quick because I forgot to take it out LOL (that's my big challenge)

Cbabie
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @trooworld I’m so happy that you had a great birthday! The earrings are adorable! What a groovy looking bookstore! Hubby and I would love to go to something like that! I love any kind of benedict! I was looking at a breakfast place in Savannah that has shrimp benedicts and I’m positive that will be on my plate. Maybe on more than one morning too! :D

@cbabie My husband doesn’t do well either with weather changes and it always flares up his allergies. I hope your headaches will ease up. Yayy on meeting your bike riding goal. Now you just gotta meet your tracking goal. ;)

Hello everyone! It was a good day. I did grocery shopping and then went and upgraded my church phone. I decided to go with the iPhone 13 mini because I love the smaller size which will fit into my pocket or a small purse and since I already have the Max for my personal phone, I thought it was a good idea. And I got a great trade-in deal, so win win! :grin: The scale was at an all-time low this morning so I’m really hoping to keep it there or go lower by Friday. We are going out to lunch tomorrow and I will probably have a salad of some kind and eat a yogurt or something small for dinner. I’m sure trying on a bunch of clothes will keep me motivated to not eat! :p
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,334 Member
    cbabie wrote: »
    Morning all, wow, it's been a week. I have fought a headache most of the weekend...now sneezing my head off..(hate weather change). however, loving the cooler weather. It's rained most of the weekend as well. I have done horrible in tracking..new week new day new mindset. This has been a week of looking at the inside and not on the outside. I have met my goal of riding bike all week..so that is a plus.

@trooworld Happy belated Birthday. What an awesome book store. Great pictures. I forget you are by the beach.
    You are ms creative!!!

@gemwolf110 Loved that 7777 number post..Thank you for seeing that and sharing. It's so good to see you on here..one thing I have learned is to surround me with like minded people if that's the end goal...If I stay in my own head...UGH..not a good place to be. LOL. Great on posting goals...you got this.

@TeresaW1020 Yes we have been enjoying cooler weather. Sounds like your Tuesday is a FUN day. LOL

@roz0810 So glad to see you here. You have got this...come back and post about your day...see our post and know we are a community of encouragers and are glad you are here!!

@RetiredAndLovingIt I saw the adds about the fresh food, I just know I am a picky eater...LOL so I can't go that route..I just need to cook more. I have a freezer full of food/meat. I am getting better a planning meals and not just oh what sounds good today or oh what can I unthaw really quick because I forgot to take it out LOL (that's my big challenge)

Cbabie

I know I can’t be in my head for too long. Lol. Hope your headache went away!
  • gemwolf110
    @trooworld I’m so happy that you had a great birthday! The earrings are adorable! What a groovy looking bookstore! Hubby and I would love to go to something like that! I love any kind of benedict! I was looking at a breakfast place in Savannah that has shrimp benedicts and I’m positive that will be on my plate. Maybe on more than one morning too! :D

@cbabie My husband doesn’t do well either with weather changes and it always flares up his allergies. I hope your headaches will ease up. Yayy on meeting your bike riding goal. Now you just gotta meet your tracking goal. ;)

Hello everyone! It was a good day. I did grocery shopping and then went and upgraded my church phone. I decided to go with the iPhone 13 mini because I love the smaller size which will fit into my pocket or a small purse and since I already have the Max for my personal phone, I thought it was a good idea. And I got a great trade-in deal, so win win! :grin: The scale was at an all-time low this morning so I’m really hoping to keep it there or go lower by Friday. We are going out to lunch tomorrow and I will probably have a salad of some kind and eat a yogurt or something small for dinner. I’m sure trying on a bunch of clothes will keep me motivated to not eat! :p

The 13 looks cool. I don’t need a new phone yet. Don’t know what else they can come up with. I do have my eye on the soon to be released Apple Watch.
  • gemwolf110
    79bby2d5t8yw.jpeg
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    thank you very much @cbabie so TOM started today. fun! just as the scales were going down. I'm 4.4lbs down but will see wat they say in the morning haha.
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,211 Member
    So I arrived in Houston tonight to stay with my son for 2 weeks. Yaaaay. I don't have to drag suitcases in and out of a hotel everyday. That got old. But we saw a lot. So you should see me here more regularly this week.

@trooworld happy bday.

@roz0810 Welcome to the group!

@gemwolf110 Cool about the 7777

@retiredandlovingit Good to see you on here. I waved at you when I passed by while I was in your area. I've seemed to be in everyone's area lately. N, S, E, W lol

@teresaw1020 Good luck on your 100 day challenge. I'm really enjoying my 100 day book. I'm at about Day 19 now.

@cbabie Where are you? Too busy riding your bike? I hope so.

I haven't even tracked yet today. But I have been everyday and stayed within boundaries most days. I'm hoping to maintain but won't know since I don't have a scale here. I'll have to be super duper good here at my sons house. I have been working on being aware when I'm hungry and when I'm full. Knowing when to start and knowing when to stop.
  • gemwolf110
    pol0mubdh1w2.jpeg
  • gemwolf110
    trooworld wrote: »
    @roz0810 Thank you, I did! It was wonderful!

@gemwolf110 Thank you! I have not had any experience with Hello Fresh but those types of things seem very convenient. That's cool that we made 7777 comments!

@TeresaW1020 I really enjoyed my birthday, it was a lot of fun. Now back to reality lol! Sitting out on the porch in fall weather sounds wonderful. That's great you are going shopping!

Hi all. I had a wonderful birthday. Here are some pictures from yesterday. The food picture is crab cake benedict. Besides going to brunch, we went to a used bookstore called Verbatim books and I made earrings for Halloween for my friend and me. I'm off half day today to continue enjoying myself!

gr8f35how7hv.jpg
    6oycie4sjihc.jpg
    epaiaa7s8d7l.jpg
    k35z5jivj6ym.jpg
    evn0bqyk1ffb.jpg
    qv6z7tq1y805.jpg

Looks like you had a great birthday and the crab Benedict looks delicious!
  • gemwolf110
    So I arrived in Houston tonight to stay with my son for 2 weeks. Yaaaay. I don't have to drag suitcases in and out of a hotel everyday. That got old. But we saw a lot. So you should see me here more regularly this week.

@trooworld happy bday.

@roz0810 Welcome to the group!

@gemwolf110 Cool about the 7777

@retiredandlovingit Good to see you on here. I waved at you when I passed by while I was in your area. I've seemed to be in everyone's area lately. N, S, E, W lol

@teresaw1020 Good luck on your 100 day challenge. I'm really enjoying my 100 day book. I'm at about Day 19 now.

@cbabie Where are you? Too busy riding your bike? I hope so.

I haven't even tracked yet today. But I have been everyday and stayed within boundaries most days. I'm hoping to maintain but won't know since I don't have a scale here. I'll have to be super duper good here at my sons house. I have been working on being aware when I'm hungry and when I'm full. Knowing when to start and knowing when to stop.

Have fun in TX! And yes that is great with the suitcases nothing worse than dragging suitcases in and out.
  • gemwolf110
    And made this quiche this morning. First time adding Green Giant Antioxidant Blend so it will be interesting how it comes out. It smells yummy.
    mraj76mta5q5.jpeg
  • gemwolf110
    It looks delicious! Going to have it with some salsa maybe

qmz30jjdxdju.jpeg
  • trooworld
    @cbabie Oh gosh that sounds miserable. I hate the weather change too, it causes migraines for me as well. What a great NSV to meet your biking goal! Thank you, yes, about 15 minutes from the beach (although this beach was 90 minutes away!). Yeah that bookstore was cool.

@TeresaW1020 Thank you! Yeah I love that bookstore. Shrimp benedict would be delicious I bet. Congrats on a new church phone and being at an all-time low! Yes, nothing like trying on clothes to motivate you to stay on your eating plan!

@gemwolf110 I hope you had a great Monday! I did have a great birthday. THe crab benedict was delicious! I love quiche. Yours does look delicious.

@roz0810 4.4 lbs down is awesome. ((( SKINNY VIBES ))) for weigh-in today.

@theslightedgeforever How's the weather in Houston? Thank you for the birthday wishes. Knowing when to start and when to stop is a key behavior!

Hello all. My hubby is having cold/sinus infection symptoms but we are going to get him a COVID test just in case. It will mean leaving early from work but better safe than sorry. I made a delicious soup for this fall weather last night: Thai Chicken Soup https://younglikeb.com/a-great-soup-to-eat-when-its-chilly-outside/ My hubby finally made my birthday cake, an apple cake with caramel glaze. It was all delicious!

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,561 Member
    Morning all, I got my 4 miles in yesterday and tracked my food..had a little cake so I went over my calories a little and fat..but I tracked...that's the important part. I think I saw it's going to be 87 here today. Now that's good weather with no rain. YEA

@gemwolf110 Your quiche looks yummy. Yes my headache went away FINALLY..LOL

@roz0810 4.4 is great! Since you know TOM came for a visit, you know why if your weight isn't where you want it to be...so hang in there. You are doing GREAT.

@trooworld Oh my that cake sounds delicious...recipe? I think fall will bring on cold like symptoms...so believing that is all it is.

@theslightedgeforever I agree with trooworld....knowing when your hungry and full is the goal. You got this. LOL

@TeresaW1020 How fun being able to have both of the best worlds in the phone life. LOL. I could be a little jealous. :). I used to have 2 phones and I don't miss it..work was always calling and so were my kids. LOL. Enjoy both and let us know which you think you like the best.

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,211 Member
    @gemwolf110 I like seeing your pic. Name one thing good today you did for your body. Mine was cutting my food in half at dinner. Saving the rest for tomorrow.

@trooworld Now that you aren't doing WW, are you just counting calories or what? I had so much fun in Maine along the coast. I'm a natural water person. I tried crab dip while in Boston at the beginning of my trip. I found a restaurant on Pinterest I want to try once I'm home so I can share. Houston weather was blowing rain today. Yuck. Seems like rain the whole week. That doesn't sound very good for my walks. I might just have to go to the mall and do my walks there. Did you get hubby the covid test?

@cbabie Yaaay on the bike and tracking. The trick with phones is that you don't have to answer if you really don't want to. lol My son was complaining about that today. He said I've been texting you for 5 min to open the door. I said you know I don't check unless I'm ready to send a text. Call if it's important. (he finally called and I answered right away and opened the door) But I was expecting his call. Usually I won't see somebody called me for at least an hour or more.

Here's some good questions to ask yourself along with Am I Hungry when thinking about food.

“Have I eaten a variety of fruits and vegetables today? Have I been eating a lot of processed or fast food lately? Do I eat too much protein or not enough?
    Do I feel tired when I eat too many carbohydrates in one meal? Have I been practicing balance, variety, and moderation over the last few days?”

From the book:by May M.D., Michelle. Eat What You Love, Love What You Eat: How to Break Your Eat-Repent-Repeat Cycle . Am I Hungry

Not a good day. No food in the house. So tomorrow will be grocery shopping.

241/164 Yellow
    No exercise
    25% water
  • gemwolf110
    @gemwolf110 I like seeing your pic. Name one thing good today you did for your body. Mine was cutting my food in half at dinner. Saving the rest for tomorrow.

@trooworld Now that you aren't doing WW, are you just counting calories or what? I had so much fun in Maine along the coast. I'm a natural water person. I tried crab dip while in Boston at the beginning of my trip. I found a restaurant on Pinterest I want to try once I'm home so I can share. Houston weather was blowing rain today. Yuck. Seems like rain the whole week. That doesn't sound very good for my walks. I might just have to go to the mall and do my walks there. Did you get hubby the covid test?

@cbabie Yaaay on the bike and tracking. The trick with phones is that you don't have to answer if you really don't want to. lol My son was complaining about that today. He said I've been texting you for 5 min to open the door. I said you know I don't check unless I'm ready to send a text. Call if it's important. (he finally called and I answered right away and opened the door) But I was expecting his call. Usually I won't see somebody called me for at least an hour or more.

Here's some good questions to ask yourself along with Am I Hungry when thinking about food.

“Have I eaten a variety of fruits and vegetables today? Have I been eating a lot of processed or fast food lately? Do I eat too much protein or not enough?
    Do I feel tired when I eat too many carbohydrates in one meal? Have I been practicing balance, variety, and moderation over the last few days?”

From the book:by May M.D., Michelle. Eat What You Love, Love What You Eat: How to Break Your Eat-Repent-Repeat Cycle . Am I Hungry

Not a good day. No food in the house. So tomorrow will be grocery shopping.

241/164 Yellow
    No exercise
    25% water

I made that quiche that was mostly veggies and egg. And I tracked!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @gemwolf110 My husband gave me my first Apple watch last Christmas and I LOVE it!! But I don’t dare look at the new one right now considering how much they cost. :grin: That quiche looks amazing!! I love to make crustless quiches and frittatas. Yummy with tons of protein and super low carb. :grin:

@Roz0810 Yeah, back when I had TOM visiting me, my weight would always bounce up. Very frustrating when it happened on weigh-in day. Congrats on being down 4.4 lbs! :)

@theslightedgeforever I imagine you are happy to take a break from your mad travels and enjoy time with your son. Are you OK not having a scale or does it stress you out not knowing? I know you shouldn’t worry because you have way too much knowledge on what you should and shouldn’t eat and how much of it. Will you be getting some exercise? :)

@trooworld That is too bad that your hubby isn’t feeling well. Fingers crossed that the Covid test will be negative. That Thai soup looks amazing!! I would totally eat that! DH hates coconut which I find very annoying. But he sure would love that apple cake, as would I. :grin:

@cbabie Yayy for tracking and you are doing so great getting in those miles! So far, I’m pleased with both phones. :grin:

Good morning! Whew, I am tired from one of those nights where sleep wasn’t my friend. I think it was the fact that I had too much caffeine yesterday. I had two Coke Zeros at lunch and then a Venti iced coffee close to 3 pm. Soooo today will be long. I have work this morning and then church tonight. Our shopping trip was super fun and very successful! It was just such a thrill to walk into stores like Chicos, Talbots, and other nice stores and be able to shop the entire store and find cute things that actually fit me! I got many new things that will be fun to wear over the next few months. I still need a lightweight jacket that is nice for church and I’m on the hunt for some light grey boots. At lunch yesterday the waitress surprised hubby and me with ice cream after she learned it was almost our anniversary. Thankfully it didn’t hurt my weight. Probably because I got over 12,000 steps yesterday. :D
  • trooworld
    @cbabie Wow, great! And yay for good weather! Recipe for the cake: https://leitesculinaria.com/2967/#recipe Yeah I really think it's allergies, not COVID. He'll be fine, I'm sure!

@theslightedgeforever I am counting calories on Cronometer. Did you like the crab dip? Icky weather in Houston. No, not good for your walks. He did get the COVID test, but he won't know the results for 2-3 days. Those are excellent questions to ask. Good to think about.

@TeresaW1020 Yeah I really think it's allergies. The soup was amazing. I made smaller meatballs than called for because I wanted them to be bite-sized, that was the only change I made. My husband hates coconut in most things but doesn't mind coconut milk. It's the texture he hates, I think. I did that to myself the other day (had too much caffeine) and was sorry! Sounds like the shopping trip was a success. Congrats! And that was nice of the waitress.

Hello all. Not much to report here. Going in to work for the last day this week today.

• roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Thank you everyone. Yh I know not to pay too much attention to the scales around this time of the month. Making sure I'm drinking plenty of water though!