NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,306 Member
    edited November 2021

Had eggplant Parmesan yesterday and chicken sandwich today. Was a busy day, dog grooming, tagged my Christmas tree and cleaned up about 50% of the raked leaves. Went to Zumba last night so definitely got my exercise in lol.

@cbabie you’re welcome!

here’s me and my tree 🌲

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,781 Member

@cbabie Yeah, it's different lol. I'm glad you found something that helps your back. I use Naproxen along with Imitrex on my migraines. Yeah I hope I can get in to that medical group, too. I'll call them today and see if they accept my insurance. Yes, men can be very, very hard headed! :) I will only eat chicken breast, too. Oh wait, I will eat wings too. Thighs are just too "gamey" for me lol. Thanks for the recipe.

@theslightedgeforever Yeah we will get used to it and wonder why we had such a hard time lol. Thanks, I'll find something for them. Sounds like you had a good day. That sounds like a nice dessert.

@gemwolf110 That looks like a nice tree. Sounds like you had an active day yesterday.

Hi all. I had yesterday off and I have today off as well. I don't know if I said that already lol. I kept busy yesterday so I didn't get into the snacks. I made this turkey out of a Dollar Tree hardback book. I made one for work and for home. It was pretty easy to do. Eating wasn't the best, we had a coupon for 70% off a Postmates deliver so we ordered food. I got a gyro sandwich with fries. I did NOT have a deficit yesterday.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member

@renaegry I am sooo sorry about your son’s friends and for your son having to go through such a tragedy. 😥What a terrible thing for you all and such a reminder to take every day as a gift and hug that boy of yours a little tighter each day. I love LIIFT4 and Joel! I have done the program several times and often do hybrid calendars with LIIFT4 and other programs.

@cbabie I am glad that the Naproxen is helping your back! 🙂

@theslightedgeforever HaHa!! I thought something was wrong with the computer because I kept seeing your posts! 😄Yeah, this new format is going to take a minute. I imagine it was a nice break for you in not having to care for your MIL. You are a good daughter-in-law and as we know, we do what we must.

@gemwolf110 Your new tree is gorgeous! Please post a pic once you have it decorated. Zumba is a great workout as is raking leaves! 🙂

@trooworld Girl that turkey is soooo cute!! You could sell that on Etsy! Years ago, I knew how to make Christmas trees out of old TV Guides. 😃

Good morning! Well, my weight was down this week a teeny tiny bit so I’m happy, but I still need to get more disciplined than I have been. I saw this morning that we are 50 days away from the New Year and since I vowed not to go into 2022 with a big gain, or any gain preferably, I better start focusing a little harder. I don’t have anything going on today or this week out of the ordinary, so I will do my hour-long workouts and stay out of the kitchen! 🤐

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,546 Member

Morning all, I did get a bike ride in last night, but didn't do so well with my eating..I had a craving for PB and ice cream and gave in..LOL. But that's over and I am moving on.

@TeresaW1020 Thanks for the reminder that we ONLY have 50 Days left of this year. LOL. I agree my goal is to go into 2022 with my goals in tact...I think I weighed less going into 2021, so I can't have that goal. LOL

@trooworld I LOVE that Turkey book..how fun. Yes you could sell those. When I was a kid we made Christmas Tree ornaments out of old Christmas cards...I have tried over the years to remember how we did that or find the pattern to no avail. It was fun and they were cute and it used your old Christmas cards.

@gemwolf110 What a beautiful tree...yes post a picture when you do have it decorated..LOL When I look at it, it's so full and plentiful, I imagine the "old" popcorn strung on it. Love seeing your picture posts. They are so full of LIFE. Yes you got a good workout yesterday. See the "old times" people were not as unhealthy with weight as we are in today world...just to live you had lots of CHORES..LOL. They didn't need Zumba or Yoga, or treadmills..LOL

Cbabie

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,196 Member

@gemwolf110 Yaaay on the exercise. I agree raking leaves is a workout.The eggplant parmesan sounds good. I like your tree. I bet it smells so good.

@trooworld Shoot for a deficit today. I like BBQ drumsticks. Wings are good too. I love gyros. You just reminded me....while at my dd's house, there is a restaurant that makes gyro omelets. It was so good. I need to start making that. I love your book turkey.

@TeresaW1020 50 days.......you can do it. My goal is to work hard this weekend and maintain the little loss that I saw on the scale yesterday. I'm not concentrating on big losses but little ones each week consistently. That's how I was successful in 2019.

Today is my exercise free day. Went over my carbs by 6. Calories are good.

• trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 Thanks! It took me half the day to do one so no to the selling on Etsy lol! I am going to make Christmas trees out of books later this month! I found the instructions on YouTube (of course, they have everything!). Congrats on being down.

@cbabie How's your back? Great job with the bike ride! Thanks re: the turkey book. :) That's too bad you can't find a pattern for the ornaments. Did you check YouTube?

@theslightedgeforever Didn't hit a deficit yesterday, either. But today, I should do good. I love gyros but not drumsticks lol. Gyro omelets sound good.

Hi all. I gained this week. :( I decided to try the new WW program, so I signed up last night. It's really different than anything before. Lots of changes. All very personalized to your experience. I'm excited! This morning, I am going to organize my craft area. I don't have a whole room like some of those lucky ladies on Pinterest and YouTube, no, I have an area about 3'x3' to do my crafts in. Not much room! LOL I bought an IKEA pegboard with accessories to put stuff on the wall. I wish I would have taken a before picture but all you will get is an after because I started cleaning up the area last night lol.

• theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld I looked up the new WW. What was the reason you stopped WW before? I forgot. I think customized would be better. I like having a flexible approach.

I walked about 24 min in the mall and eating was within boundaries
  • TeresaW1020
    @cbabie So do you eat the PB with your ice cream? That sounds amazing!! And now there are only 49 days left! :grin::p

@theslightedgeforever Yes, I totally agree that focusing on the little losses is key as is being consistent. I’m definitely working on it! :)

@trooworld The new WW program sounds good and the structure might be just what you need to turn things around. :) I like that they are focusing on personalization. I would consider joining just to have something new, but DH would lose his mind after all the talk I did when I quit WW. I just need to get back to what I know works for me. :/

Hello! It’s a super gorgeous day but very chilly and just getting more so. I tried to do a booty workout this morning but yesterday was leg day and I was already so sore that I shut that one off and did a LIIFT4 arm and shoulder workout. So now all of me hurts!! :D Hubby is off watching football for most of the day, so I’m working on my to-do list, and I think I will watch some training videos for the bookkeeper stuff at church. My dog is driving us nuts because she wants out in the backyard but has gotten busted twice for digging. She is like me and has a one track mind when she really wants something! :#
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    edited November 2021
    Hi all..still here in chilly Iowa. Had a few snow flurries yesterday, not ready for that!

@TeresaW1020 Your Christmas decorations are beautiful! & the presents! I haven't even thought about Christmas shopping yet, lol. I am debating on when I will put mine up. We did put the outside lights up last week when it was nice, but are not turning them on for awhile yet. Unless they blew away...yesterday was terribly windy!! Happy late anniversary!! Sounded like a fun trip.

@cbabie I feel so bad for you and your back. I know how much they can hurt! I hope something starts helping you. I'm jealous of your bike riding, lol.

@trooworld Hope you can figure out something to help your migraines. I used to get them monthly, so maybe just wait for menopause, lol. JK, I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Your turkey is cute. Good luck with the new WW program.

@theslightedgeforever Wow, you really do go on vacation, don't you. Not sure my dd's could stand me that long, lol. We have been to OK a few times lately, dog sitting (only part of the time..visiting my brother & sil most of it), and then went with dd & fam to a dinosaur park in Kansas for gson's birthday. Followed them home, so dh could check her roof again. (it had started leaking when we were there dog sitting) Dh told her she better be saving her money, might be needing a new roof soon. Yikes. We got a new one this summer, but had enough hail damage that insurance covered it. Thank goodness!!

@gemwolf110 Your tree is gorgeous!! I want to see it too, when decorated. I wish we could have a live one. We did for a few years when dd's were still at home, but the last one dh got such a bad reaction to (poison ivy?) that he ended up in ER for shots. That was the end for us, back to artificial.

Every time we go to OK, I put on a few pounds & then have to work to get them back off. Up & down, up & down. We aren't planning to go there for awhile, so hopefully I can start moving down again. I always log as accurately as possible, but definitely don't always stay in my calories. Need to stop that. Right now, free food with my veteran dh on Thursday didn't help, lol.

Everyone was talking about the pretty fall leaves, & I was going to post a few pictures, but I keep seeing that Android phones aren't working too well with Community right now. The maples have been gorgeous, but are now losing their leaves with the wind & the burning bushes have been the brightest red that I have ever seen. We did our annual "leaf watching" trip with friends, but were too early. Oh well, it was still a good goof off day. & our pumpkin patch was a total bust this year...we didn't get any!! Dh keeps saying this was our last year for them.

Hope everyone has a good week!!
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever I stopped WW before because I wasn't having any success. I was hoping this change in the program would help me get back on track. I've gained 8.5 lbs since I quit WW and now rejoined. Great job with the walking and eating!

@TeresaW1020 I hope so. As I said to slightedge above, I've gained 8.5 lbs since quitting WW. I need to turn it around. Yeah, the personalization is cool...avocados are zero points for me! I am so excited, all my favorite things are zero: poultry, nonfat dairy, veggies, fruits, including avocado and potatoes! Oh dear, your poor booty! Your poor body! Maggie, you little digger you lol.

@RetiredAndLovingIt Snow already? Yikes! Thanks, I hope I can figure something out, too. It's concerning and annoying. I am in menopause right now, it stinks. Maybe that's why I am having so many migraines lately? It's hard to stay within calorie range when you are traveling but hopefully, you can figure something out. I would LOVE to see your pictures of the leaves, so if it ever is possible, please post! That's too bad about the leaf watching trip and the pumpkin patch.

Hi all. I did really well yesterday. DH and I went for a 45-minute walk in the morning, I had cottage cheese and fruit for breakfast, healthy leftovers for lunch, and I stopped at a salad restaurant and got a "Super Foods Salad" plus chicken for dinner. It was really good. Last night was the opening of my art show that one of my pieces was in. DH and I went from 4:30-5:15 and my boss showed up and so did my old boss and my officemate. It was a nice time, lots of people. Today, I'm helping a friend of mine who is getting married next weekend. I am going to help show her how to do her hair and makeup. Other than that, I will probably go for a walk this morning with DH.

• theslightedgeforever
    edited November 2021
    @TeresaW1020 So shoot for the next meal being OP. I'm back to adding in my red days. So lesson learned for me, don't remove ALL the red days while on vacation. Shoot for at least one per week.

@retiredandlovingit So now you know your goal when you go to OK is get closer to your boundaries. That's my goal for when I go see my kids again. August was a bad month for me and I went back to look when I gained weight and it was the Iowa State Fair. Then it was just a lb here and there. I pretty well maintained September Then October was another lb Hubby and I were talking about the snow in Iowa yesterday. Hubby retired so we didn't have to get back early. Plus he missed the kids since we didn't take a vacation in 2020. Usually I just go a month and spend 2 weeks with each of them. The trees were pretty in MN. Between that and sunrises, I don't have space left on my phone. We were a bit early in Vermont and NH to see the pretty leaves. They had just started to change.

@trooworld So what will you do to make this one successful? Remember all plans work if you work the plan. It's always us and not the plan. Now you were being successful on the former WW plan, I remember. Until one day you weren't? Which month was that? What were you doing? What changed? Sounds like you had a good food day and got in some movement. That's are goal every day.

I lost 1.2 lbs this week
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever Well, WW will give you a point for each cup of non-starchy veggies you eat (you can earn unlimited extra points this way) and 1 point for drinking at least 60 oz of water (limited to once a day). This is already changing the way I'm eating and drinking. For example, the salad restaurant: I could have gotten a wrap or a flatbread but I was thinking about the points I would earn from a big old salad so I got that. Another example is last night's dinner: we had tuna noodle casserole and I knew I wasn't going to earn anything from that so I added a big side salad to my dinner. You are right---it's definitely us and not the plan and all plans work if you work it. What happened the last time, I'm not sure, I know I wasn't working the plan. I've had the beginnings of a mind shift now. My "no" muscle has become stronger and I'm eating healthier. Thanks for the thought-provoking questions this morning! CONGRATS ON THE LOSS!!! :)

Hi all, today is my 3rd day back on WW and I'm doing really well. I'm drinking the water, eating my veggies, and walking more. Now, I realize this is the "honeymoon" phase of my journey but I hope to keep it up. I didn't go for a walk yesterday, I had a migraine all day and I still do today. I may come home early from work. Yesterday, I went ahead and did my friend's makeup, I didn't want to bail on her as she is getting married on Friday and didn't want to leave her hanging. So I did her makeup with a migraine. :( She didn't end up needing hair done, thankfully.

• TeresaW1020
    @RetiredAndLovingIt I love this time of year too and all the beautiful Maples and other foliage. The Ginkgo trees are super bright yellow with their fan-shaped leaves. So pretty! The good thing about getting my Christmas decorations up and most of my shopping done, I don’t have any stress in that one area of my life. You will get that gain off and how nice that you got to spend time with your family! :)

@trooworld I’m glad that you had so much support from your bosses and friend for the art show. And yes, you are in the honeymoon phase of WW and that is awesome and should be totally enjoyed for as long as possible. You know it will end and then you will have to keep fighting for what you want. I love how the new WW is helping you focus more on nutrition and water. Staying on track and excited about this new plan is really going to help you going into the holidays. ;)

@theslightedgeforever Yayy on your 1.2 lb. loss! Are your red days the low carb days? I’m working on staying on track this week. Keeping my mind on the scale going down and knowing that the church potluck is on Sunday. :)

Good morning! Today is going to be a busy day. This morning I will do a workout, go to Aldi, Walmart and get my flu shot. This afternoon I’m meeting my friend at Hobby Lobby so we can get some things to add to the church decorations. We were looking back at some pictures of the stage from the vantage point of how people see it online and it’s needing more Christmas! Then this evening I’m taking my friend and her family to dinner because they just had a new baby. I have my food planned for the week and I’m determined to get the scale down this week. I’m up almost 5 lbs. since before I left for vacation. This Saturday I’m starting a new Data Driven Fasting challenge and I’m going into it like a newbie. Like Trooworld, I need to get excited about losing weight again. :)
  • theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld I really like that idea of earning points for veggies. I need to think how I could incorporate those two things into my carb cycling plan? Anything to get me to eat more veggies. May your honeymoon last forever.

@teresaw1020 My red days are 100 carbs. So basically they are my low carb days compared to the others. Fresh starts always motivate us.

Got in a good workout this a.m. My son has a dj thing on Twitch and so I danced for 30 min listening/watching. Made a really good dish- Chicken, white beans, and red peppers over corn bread.
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 Yeah it was really nice of them to come to my art show. :) You are right, I hope I can just sale right through the holidays. How fun to go Christmas decoration shopping! Good luck with the new challenge, you've got this!

@theslightedgeforever Yeah it's a really smart idea. I am definitely going to try to keep excited! What fun exercise you did, woo hoo! Dinner sounds good, too.

@cbabie, do I have to send out the hounds for you?

Hello all. I had forgotten I ordered some chocolates from someone I work with for their daughter's Girl Scouts campaign. She brought the 3 boxes of chocolates to me yesterday at work. I resisted for hours but was obsessing over them. I ended up having 3 pieces out of one of the boxes but didn't open either of the others. I brought them home for my husband to take to his mom. We put them in the freezer so neither of us will eat them. Other than that, I did really well eating on plan. I measured out my Trader Joe's kale gnocchi and that's really the first time I didn't guesstimate a main dish. I was sad that I only got 1 cup of gnocchi but after I ate my big salad and the gnocchi, I was full. I had made a lighter pesto sauce for the gnocchi, it was really good.

• renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,253 Member
    Morning all. Quick check in. Weight is up a bit from the few days in the city. Back on track today. Have a storm system coming in today and tomorrow. Will see what it brings.

@trooworld glad you like the new program. I dropped down to 25 points but have chicken and eggs as zero points. And yes earning the extras are great. I now get my water in to get that extra points and my lunch salad earns me 4. 2 cups of lettuce. 1 cup of carrot and 1 cup of cucumber.
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,546 Member
    Morning all, sorry I have been MIA, dealing with some things here at home. The good news is that I have a very clean house, and laundry all done...AND I lost 2 lbs this week. I still have some back issues, but now know how to take a pill when I need it. LOL. Most the time I am okay. We put in sod this weekend and that just about killed my back. We had one of the dogs fall in the pool, but she seems to be okay..she is old and I think she is starting not to see so well. LOL. It's just been one of those weekends.

@trooworld I love that you are excited about WW again. It always help to be excited about our health. Congrats on getting rid of the chocolate...I love the freezer. :). Thanks for missing me :wink:

@TeresaW1020 Yes I eat PB and Ice cream together...It almost taste like PB fudge...Sorry you are so sore but at least it's from working your body and not from anything else. LOL. I hope you got everything done on your list...I love to do list. ( but only when I get them all checked) LOL

@renaegry Hope the storm is a calm storm. :). you will get your routine back...I like that you know that the city or the camping or whatever is out of your norm...brings you fun and a little gain, but you know your everyday like you always get back on the train.

@theslightedgeforever what was the recipe for your chicken dinner, it sounds yummy. Congrats on the loss.

@RetiredAndLovingIt I think you and I are alike with the weight up and down. I have lost and gained the same 2 lbs over the last few months. But I am now determined to get rid of these ugly lbs. You can join me on the bike ride. :)

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld That's good that you are doing so well on your plan. I think I could eat a whole pan of gnocchi and still not feel full. I have a polish friend that makes it. It's like eating air to me. So light.

@renaegry Sounds like you are enjoying the new program too. I was listening to a podcast yesterday about obesity and it was saying that no one overeats healthy food. It's all the other junk that we can't seem to stop as we indulge.

@cbabie Glad your back is better and woohoo on the 2 lb loss. Which dog was it? >:) PB fudge. Blech. I was glad we also had choc fudge at Christmas. The chicken recipe was really easy.
    • Saute diced onions and red peppers.
    • Cut up boneless chicken strips and add to pan
    • Add onion and garlic powder, pepper and 1/2 t salt
    • Cook until almost done on med high heat
    • add one drained can of white beans
    • cover and simmer for a bit while it gets juicy
    • serve over cornbread

exercise was 45 min of youtube cardio, weights, and stretching. Food was good. 161/164 Yellow
    I went to the dr this morning. Got my lovely pap smear and had her check my foot. She thinks plantar fasciitis but we took an xray anyway. The top of my foot hurts really bad too. Burning, stabbing pain. The tech kept saying can you rotate your foot. I am..... Then he would say can you flex? I am......That's as good as it's going to get.
  • trooworld
    @renaegry I hope you don't get too much of that storm. Yeah, I've been having salads with every meal, it's great! And same for me with the water. I've lost 4.2 lbs since Saturday! I love it.

@cbabie Good to hear from you. Yay for a clean house and laundry done! And 2 lbs off, woo hoo! Congrats! I am very excited about the new WW plan. Yes, it does help to be excited. Yeah I haven't thought about those chocolates since I put them in there, out of sight, out of mind! I always miss you when you are away! <3

@theslightedgeforever Yes, doing well. The gnocchi: it's made with kale in it so I think it is more filling because of the kale, BUT I did add chicken breast to it for more protein so it was filling. That recipe looks good, thanks for it. Sounds like you are doing well. Your poor foot!

Hi all. Well, I decided to change my weigh-in day to Wednesdays to continue my shake-up of routine. I am down 4.2 lbs since Saturday! I am beyond thrilled. And this is with the cookie experiment: my husband stayed home yesterday and made a bunch of different cookies for me to take to my work. He wanted me to try one of each one (5 different kinds!) so I did. That was last night. Still this morning, down 4.2 lbs. So happy! Now, to stay out of those cookies at work. ;) My plan is to just make sure and not let myself get hungry, to bring snacks to work. I may have one cookie if my food diary allows it.

• theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld So glad you are doing so well on the new program. Which plan did you choose? Woohoo on the weight loss

Exercise 45 min youtube cardio and dancing, stretching
    Food was on plan 100/100 Red