NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @gemwolf110 Thank you so much for the recipes. That French toast casserole would be a real treat. I do make frittatas quite often and I love that you bought diced frittata mix. I am totally going to hunt that down in my grocery store! This week I am making a Denver frittata with ham, peppers, and cheddar cheese. Yum! Good going on bringing the rest of the candy to work! :)

@theslightedgeforever Did I miss something about your foot? Did you injure it? When I was much heavier and before working out, I had chronic foot pain. Some days were pure agony. I hope you start feeling better soon! <3

@trooworld Yes, Thanksgivingachristmas is NOT a holiday and we don’t need to treat it as such. Just because the stores are full of all things yummy doesn’t mean we need to buy and eat it. But we have to stay hyper-focused, and we need each other for support and accountability. ;)

Good morning! I slept so well that I didn’t move much last night which on the one hand is great but then I was on my right shoulder most of the night and now I can hardly move my arm. We need a new mattress, and since we have slept on Tempur Pedic for 12 years we would like to stick with that awesome brand. I sent a text to my salesman friend where I used to work, and he will let me know when they go on sale. I don’t have to go anywhere today and plan to spend it cleaning the house and will do a leg workout this morning. :)
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Morning all, sorry I have been MIA, I have been tracking, but NO exercise...can't My back hurts most of the time. I haven't taken any pain meds since Sunday afternoon because I hate to take that stuff. I am sitting on a heating pad, it helps..but the no movement is not good either. Then to add to this, my middle daughter scratched or cut her eye yesterday with a folder. Took her to Urgent Care and they couldn't get her in....she went today to a different urgent care and I am waiting to pick up eyedrops...She can't see, the light hurts, it waters non stop... so it's been fun here...LOL. and I gained 1 lb.

@teresaw1210 So glad DH is home and I hope that is true, one time thing..I used to worry about baby girl as she drinks non stop with water...I mean literally her urine is clear. But the Dr doesn't say anything and she seems healthy...so I just watch her. LOL We slept on an old mattress for way too long, so get you a mattress. Sleep is nothing to sneeze at :)

@trooworld I loved your trays and costume. Hope you are feeling better today. I saw a commercial for the Tonal..wow that is sophisticated. I like that its not a bunch of equipment. Congrats on the loss, can't remember if I told you congrats...

@gemwolf110 Oh the recipes look so good. I love French Toast, but it doesn't fill me up. I could eat that WHOLE pan.

@theslightedgeforever LOL That would be my DH, who spends vac with their kids....I am sure you will be glad to get back home and in YOUR routine and he will be happy to do the same. Sorry your foot hurts...My middle child told her father that he broke us physically with all the vacations he took this year and left us here to take care of everything. LOL

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,224 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    @trooworld I've been gone about 3 1/2 months. Makes up since I didn't go anywhere in 2020. lol It could be plantar fasciitis. I don't know. Both the top and my heel hurts. Especially when I first wake up.

@teresaw1020 No I didn't injure my foot. I've had foot pain off and on for years. But it's really bad right now. I'm just resting basically and not doing any walking. How is your hubby?

@cbabie Sorry your back is hurting. Maybe if we can get better we can rack up the exercise minutes and lose some weight.

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,932 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Yes to all of what you wrote! I am setting it in my head that it is only two days, not two months. I'm glad you slept great but ouch to your arm. It sounds like you guys definitely need a new mattress. That's great you have a friend to give you the head's up.

@cbabie I'm so very sorry your back still hurts. I can imagine if you sit too long, it gets stiffer. Oh gosh, that sounds so painful, what your daughter did. Thanks re: the costumes and food. I have a headache this morning so I don't dare get on the Tonal even though I really want to. Yeah, it is sophisticated, it amazes me. Thanks about the loss.

@theslightedgeforever Wow you've had a great vacation, haven't you? I remember my foot hurting in the morning when I had plantar fasciitis but I don't remember the top of my foot hurting. But maybe everyone is different.

Hi all. Ugh, I have a headache so that means no Tonal this morning. I did pretty well yesterday, I ended the day with a 558 calorie deficit. I did a Tonal workout yesterday with no problem but I know that if I tried to work out today with a headache, it would turn into a migraine.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • TeresaW1020
    edited November 2021
    Options
    @cbabie So sorry that your back is hurting and I pray your daughter’s eye starts feeling better very soon. I once scratched my eye, and it was so painful. I had to wear a patch for a week. Felt like a pirate. :grin:

@theslightedgeforver Well, I hope your foot pain subsides. Have you ever gone to a foot doctor? I did that once and had a cortisone shot, which hurt like heck, but it did help for a while. :)

@trooworld Bummer about your poor head hurting again. You are smart to listen to your body and not push it. For some reason, my profile pic was deleted. So, I put a new one up. :smile:

Good morning! It’s going to be a perfect fall day here. I LOVE it so much! I’m going in to do my bookkeeper training and then will head over to Aldis. Hubby and I had to run to Walmart last evening for a prescription and I bought a huge turkey for the upcoming church potluck. The deacons always make the turkey. I spent a good amount of time yesterday doing up a calendar for the next two months of all that is going on. I feel much more in control. I’m going to decorate my house next week for Christmas. It’s a bit earlier than I would want but it’s what fits so I’m rolling with it. My weight has stayed the exact same for the last three days. Ugghhh!! :#
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, I am doing better today. I slept on the heating pad, still feel sore, but not pain. I refuse to give into this. Something @trooworld said, made me agree...movement..sitting makes it worse. Baby girl still needs picked up and held..she says..baby wants to hold you, which means mommy pick me up..LOL. I read in my devotional today a word that really spoke to me...God expects us to take care of this body he gave us...we are to discipline it..the example given about discipline was this: if you watch a child who is not disciplined...they will eat junk food and watch TV. LOL

@trooworld Sorry you have a headache. I hope you feel better by end of day...good for you listening to your body.

@TeresaW1020 Hey you haven't gained..always a plus in my book LOL.

@theslightedgeforever feel better soon please.

Cbabie
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    zuzuvq087gpb.jpeg
  • trooworld
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Yeah I hate these headaches. I definitely like the new pic, it shows more of that beautiful face! I love turkey. My SIL doesn't like it so we will probably make a turkey breast to take over so we can have some. She likes ham. I like ham, too though. Already decorating for Christmas? LOL I still have my Halloween decorations up. ;) My husband won't let me put up Christmas until the day after Thanksgiving. That's his favorite holiday and he hates that it doesn't get the attention "it deserves". lol Hopefully you will see a whoosh.

@cbabie I'm glad you aren't in pain anymore. Yeah, I know that when my back hurts, if I just lay around it makes it worse. Baby girl is so sweet and cute! Wow, the devotional really hit it on the head! My head hurt all day yesterday but now it doesn't hurt.

@gemwolf110 Hello and good morning!

Hi all. Well my head ended up hurting all day yesterday. The headache might have gone away but I had my hair in two space buns (think Star Wars) and that may have made it worse. I wish I would have taken a picture of myself yesterday, I looked pretty cute if I must say so myself! LOL Eating was good yesterday, I stuck to my plan. I ended the day 684 calories under my budget.

• TeresaW1020
    Options
    @cbabie Well happily my weight dropped this morning. :grin: I agree that movement is very important with back pain. Just be gentle with yourself. You know I believe that God expects us to take care of our bodies. And He enables us to do so or self-control wouldn't be one of the fruits. ;)

@gemwolf110 Good morning!! :)

@trooworld OK, your dear husband just doesn't understand the rules and that we aren't taking away Thanksgiving. Show him this graphic. :grin: I hope your head feels better today!

8g5dtbdgrig5.jpg

Good morning! I'm up and drinking my coffee before heading over to work. We don't have a staff meeting today, so I'm going to get both buildings done so I can stay home tomorrow. :grin: I was happy that the scale went down this morning. I'm still up about 2 lbs since I left for Savannah, but I'm getting there. Hubby has an appointment with his primary today and we are hoping for some good news regarding his sodium and being able to start drinking more. Coffee is his main desire. :)
  • cbabie
    Options
    Afternoon all, Well my back started up again...I took 4 Ibuprofen about 11:30 last night..couldn't stand it, couldn't sleep. I took 2 before a bike ride today..my back is just sore like a workout overdid right now.. I don't know what I did, but I wish it would go away. I can't even pick up baby girl off the couch when she falls asleep unless my DH supports my arms and pulls me up. I am not doing well eating this week...not horrible, but not where I need to be. my back has just exhausted all my uhmp this week.

@trooworld I am so sorry you head hurts. I hate them. not sure which is worse, head or back.. I think Back LOL Yes my normal is to put the tree up after Thanksgiving..but the last few Christmas I didn't even want to celebrate...I think last year was the first year I was happy to put it up...

@TeresaW1020 Loved the little picture of Christmas/Thanksgiving. So glad you had a loss.. great job. I hope DH visit goes well and he gets good news. This back thing has made me KNOW I want to have good health. I am to young ( in my mind) not to be able to move. LOL

@gemwolf110 Love the good morning picture...pretty..

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 LOL! That's hilarious. Thanks, my head is better today but the headache is not completely gone. Staying home on a Friday is the best! Enjoy! I hope that your poor DH can start his coffee again, I don't know what I would do if I couldn't drink coffee. :)

@cbabie Oh dear, that stinks that your back is still hurting. Do you think you should go to the doctor? Is it like that? Yeah, I don't know which is worse either. :( I'm looking forward to Christmas, although not the debt lol.

Hi all. I had another good day yesterday. @TeresaW1020, I made a good low-carb chicken dish last night, it's called "Marry Me Chicken": https://40aprons.com/marry-me-chicken/ It was so good. I made it with green beans and cornbread. Today I have to start taking down the Halloween decorations. I don't look forward to that. It's fun having it up but this part sucks. We had to get a new scale because my husband discovered that our old scale was missing a foot so when you stood on it, depending on where you stood, you could be up or down 5 lbs. I wonder how long that's been going on?

• cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, I went on a bike ride...back is so sore.This too shall pass. Eating is so so on this journey with my back. My daughter found a cute little leather footstool for $2 on our ride, had to go back to get the car. LOL

@trooworld LOL That is SO funny about the scales...but I pray it was in YOUR favor. One thing about the scale #, it really doesn't mean anything if our clothes fit better...Right?

Cbabie
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    @trooworld I hope the new scale is much kinder to you. I feel your pain about taking down the decorations. That part is never fun for me either and I always make sure that I clean everything first, which is great when it’s going up but makes packing take even longer. Yeah, giving up coffee for any amount of time would be torture for me! :grin:

@cbabie I pray that your back will begin feeling better. My back was hurting this morning which is what got me out of bed. I know it’s the mattress causing my issue so hopefully, that will be fixed soon. Gotta love a $2 leather ottoman find! :grin:

Good morning! Well, my tree is up and ready for me to decorate. I wasn’t going to go that far but one thing led to another and BAM, I’m putting up Christmas on November 6th. It is earlier than I’ve ever done it but that is OK. I love it all and I will be thrilled to have it all done. Hubby slept through his doctor’s appointment. :/ He called and they said he could increase his fluids some and stay on the salt pills. He goes next Wednesday. He is feeling back to himself, and we are of course thrilled. He is also thrilled to have a cup of coffee with his breakfast once again. :)
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie You are doing good on your bike rides. I'm sorry your back still hurts. You are right about the scales and clothes. Unfortunately, mine are fitting the same lol!

@TeresaW1020 Thanks. The new scale really wasn't kinder, it was more like "indifferent" lol. Haha you are so funny putting up Christmas decorations already! But I bet it looks nice. I'm glad your hubby can drink more liquids and he's feeling better. And COFFEE!!! :)

Hi all. Well, I basically maintained, I gained 0.2 lbs so much for that new scale being kinder to me lol. I did NOT put any decorations away yesterday so now I get to do it today. I've got a lot to do today, I have to go to the library, meet my old boss for coffee, pick up the 2 paintings that didn't get into the show (one painting did), and then hubby and I are going for an early dinner at a chicken and beer restaurant. I've been looking forward to that.

• gemwolf110
    Options
    Good Morning!
    The plan for today is to start getting the Christmas lights up for the front of the house. Not sure if I will get the lawn decorations out yet though
  • trooworld
    Options
    @gemwolf110 Good luck!

Hello all. Yesterday was a good day. I met my old boss for coffee and a cupcake. It was nice to see her. After that, my hubby and I went for chicken and beer at this restaurant. I had 2 chicken tenders and fries and a beer and yes I tracked it all lol. It was delicious. Today, I have to run to Macy's and take some shoes back and then I think I will make a Christmas craft with my Cricut. Have a great day, all!

• cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, This back thing sucks....I was up at 1am in tears..took 4 ibuprofen and finally got a little sleep. My DH came around the corner in the hallway yesterday and scared me..(wasn't expecting him) and I felt my back scream.....and since then it has been that awful pain again..So going to baby myself again...I have to get over this. I have still been bike riding and walking..it's the bend and lift that is usually painful. I haven't gotten on the scale yet...I will and post what my week did to/for me. LOL

@trooworld So glad you had a great weekend..Sounds like fun. I was just thinking about my old boss and need to call her and meet up..she kind of HID during 2020/2021 and is just now coming out more.. Sounds like your Monday will be a fun creative day! YEA

@gemwolf110 LOL you know lots of people are putting up Christmas early this year..I think we all just need some happy!!

@TeresaW1020 So glad DH is better...You have been busy with your Christmas :)

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,224 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    so I'm back home and dust up to my eyeballs. Plus I keep putting off grocery shopping. That doesn't help my program. Tomorrow is the day. Plus I hate to unpack. So I'm taking it a little at a time. I weighed this morning and officially gained 6.6 lbs while I was gone since July. :s but I usually gain 10 in 4 weeks that I go see my kids so I'm taking it as a sort of win. Next year, I'll shoot for 2.

What's been happening on your health journeys? We don't want to end up heavier on January 1. I'm heavy enough already as it is. I dug out my spreadsheets for carb cycling. While I've been loosely following carb cycling while I was gone, I didn't do it consistently like I need to. That's what got me into carb cycling before and losing 23 lbs was gaining those 10 lbs when I visited my kids. I came home and started it. Now back to it again. My goal is to lose the original 23 plus the 6.6 I just gained.

@cbabie I hope you back gets better. That's what I'm saying about my foot. Did you weigh?

@trooworld My scale isn't missing a foot but it can be off a lb because my floor is slanted. I've got a mark where my scale has to be put so it's the same thing every time. My daughter's scale can be off by 1/2 lb. So I would always line it up with the tile line to make sure same every time. It's crazy I feel the need to play these games to make sure it's the same. I'm with your husband on Thanksgiving. I saw Christmas before Halloween this year. I'm like people, please. It's not even Halloween.

@teresaw1020 What was your goal for the rest of the year? Your graphic was funny. Glad to hear hubby is okay. Is that a new profile pic?

@gemwolf110 What's your plan for exercise today?
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    @trooworld Sounds like a good day with meeting your old boss and getting to eat at the chicken and beer place. What kind of Christmas craft are you making? Did you get those Halloween decorations put up? :)

@gemwolf110 Doing outdoor lights are the one thing I don’t do and wish I would be hubby thinks it’s too much effort. I do hang some icicle lights in my front windows and decorate the front door area. When will you do the indoors? :)

@cbabie Ouch your poor back! Should you see a doctor? I pray you will find relief soon. <3

@theslightedgeforever When I come home from a trip, I get my unpacking done first thing. But I’ve never been on as long a trip as you have been. I think that is great that you didn’t gain as much this year as you have in the past. And I’m sure you will do even better next year, but you also need to enjoy yourself. ;) My main goal this year is to NOT go into the New Year with a gain. Right now, due to vacation and hubby in the hospital, I’m up 4 lbs. Not acceptable and I’m working hard to get that off before the church Thanksgiving potluck. I’m not doing Keto but I have been eating carbs way too often and I need to dial that back as well. More protein and less of everything else! Yes, that is a new profile pic. One of the many I took in Savannah. :)

Well, I took the day off from decorating to go shopping. Mom and I went to Hobby Lobby and Walmart and DH, and I went to TJ Maxx and Joanne Fabrics. I had to get material for a lady who is making us new nursery curtains at the church, and I found some nice things for mom and stuff for the two Christmas parties at TJ Max. My mom spent the day yesterday wrapping gifts for hubby and me and it’s obnoxious. :o But she loves to shop, and I love to receive so I’m not complaining! :grin: I am very upset that yesterday, I finally had to come to the realization that I have a bunion on my left foot! So, I lose enough weight to not have to wear wide width anymore, but my bunion is causing me so much pain. Today, I slammed that part of my foot into a shopping cart. I cussed in Hobby Lobby and I'm pretty sure I heard the angels gasp! :s>:)
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    Happy Monday!!!

I ended up not getting the lights Sunday. Will try again this weekend. Also plan on tagging my Christmas tree this week as well! Inside I have decorations. Might do some interior lights. Want to have some joy and more holiday spirit this year. I got some cute decorations for my desk at work. I’ll probably get the indoor done when I pick up my tree after Thanksgiving. Or I might just do it earlier this year as well. Lol.

I wanted to take the dogs walking but it was too dark out when I got home.

@cbabie i hope you feel better soon! Back pain stinks!!!

@theslightedgeforever unpacking and packing are the worst. I’d be the same way with unpacking until I get that I just want everything in its place bug lol