NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,860 Member
    @cbabie Oh gosh, that sounds miserable. I'm sorry! Yeah, I had a good weekend, it went too fast lol. My crafts were actually on Sunday, I made a cover for my KitchenAid mixer. I'll post a pic. :)

@theslightedgeforever Well, 6.6 lbs isn't bad considering how long you were gone. I would take it as a win, too. Yeah, I got a new scale. That way I don't have to worry about it so much. I saw Christmas before Halloween, too, wow.

@TeresaW1020 It was! Well, I ended up making a cover for my KitchenAid mixer (see below). BUT...I think on Thurs or Fri, I will make a paper Christmas village with my Cricut. I did get the Halloween decorations put away, on Sunday though and with DH's help. ;) Sounds like you had a fun day of shopping. I have the beginnings of a bunion on my foot, I can feel your pain. Ouch to hitting it on your cart!

@gemwolf110 I want some holiday joy, too.

Hi all. My head has been hurting still. I'm going to call today and make another appointment with my doctor. I'm so sick of this. I can't work out like this. I can't do anything. It's hard to work. Speaking of work, I am off on Thursday and Friday of this week and I'm really looking forward to it. Here's a picture of my KitchenAid stand mixer cover I made.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS

qkrgivljadv8.jpg
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,561 Member
    Morning all, still sitting with a back that refuses to loosen up..YET I can still ride my bike so I am. I stayed within my goals yesterday eating.so I it was a good day in spite of my back. I had lost .8 from last week when I weighed yesterday..so that is a plus too! LOL

@trooworld I LOVE that cover. How fun, makes me want to sew. I am so sorry you are still having headaches. Hopefully you get relief soon!

@gemwolf110 LOL well your hearts in the right place to get your Christmas up. I just heard something that said why do people want to make a point of "when" you put Christmas up..does it hurt you if I put my tree up now? Does it hurt me if you put it up the day before Christmas? I thought that was a good use of words. LOL
    Enjoy when and what ever you get up.

@TeresaW1020 Glad you had fun and LOL on your mom's wrapping.. My DH and daughter have bunions. Not fun...my SIL had hers removed, but had worse issues after that was done...so my DH and daughter just deal. :). My Daughter has a size 10 shoe so it's hard to find shoes that work for her..when she does she will grab it and run.

@theslightedgeforever dust bunnies uh...I laughed you sounded like mom unpacking..Well hopefully you get to the store. Here I am having trouble getting some things baby girl likes...So when I find them I STOCK up. Last night I told her all the spaghetti was gone and she cried...had to make garlic bread..8:30 at night. So today I will be making more spaghetti and freezing it..and then have to go stock up on more pasta..LOL. I think you did well on your trip and weight. You enjoyed yourself and you know you can get it off now that you are home.

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,211 Member
    @teresaw1020 Well you know what to do to get the weight back off. Go make one of your colorful spreadsheets. I revamped mine today. I have my unpacking done but now working on hubby's. I wish he would do his own. lol But I'm tired of seeing it sitting there. Too many suitcases and carry-ons this year. We had summer clothes and fall clothes plus all the things I bought on my many trips to TJ Maxx from my Boston trip. lol Plus all the mugs I bought from each state. I have a black one that turns to autumn leaves when it gets hot. That's fun. I like your pic. You look really good.

@gemwolf110 Usually when I return, I just let the suitcase sit there and dress from the suitcase each day until it's empty. lol This time though I have all the summer clothes and shoes that I won't be wearing.
  • theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld It's hard to exercise when you don't feel good I think. Plus I'm learning not to comfort myself with food. I love the material for the mixer cover. It reminded me of my mom.

@cbabie That's great that you can still exercise on the bike. I don't know. On the Christmas thing, what is the rush? It doesn't allow us to live in the moment. I hear you on the shoes. I have size 9's to find and while they are there, they aren't cute. I want cute shoes. I can't wear heels right now because of my foot but all the flat ones either look like Grandma shoes or athletic shoes. They do not spark joy for me.

So I went grocery shopping today and have lots of fruits and veggies to eat. I went back and found my spreadsheet of 2019 when I started being consistent and will use those meals as a mealplan for the week.
    I walked 30 min this a.m. and now I'm paying for it with my foot. I put on my arch straps a bit ago so I hope that will help relieve some of the pain. Aerobics didn't hurt it too bad so I'll try that tomorrow.

I am determined.
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,334 Member
    cbabie wrote: »
    Morning all, still sitting with a back that refuses to loosen up..YET I can still ride my bike so I am. I stayed within my goals yesterday eating.so I it was a good day in spite of my back. I had lost .8 from last week when I weighed yesterday..so that is a plus too! LOL

@trooworld I LOVE that cover. How fun, makes me want to sew. I am so sorry you are still having headaches. Hopefully you get relief soon!

@gemwolf110 LOL well your hearts in the right place to get your Christmas up. I just heard something that said why do people want to make a point of "when" you put Christmas up..does it hurt you if I put my tree up now? Does it hurt me if you put it up the day before Christmas? I thought that was a good use of words. LOL
    Enjoy when and what ever you get up.

@TeresaW1020 Glad you had fun and LOL on your mom's wrapping.. My DH and daughter have bunions. Not fun...my SIL had hers removed, but had worse issues after that was done...so my DH and daughter just deal. :). My Daughter has a size 10 shoe so it's hard to find shoes that work for her..when she does she will grab it and run.

@theslightedgeforever dust bunnies uh...I laughed you sounded like mom unpacking..Well hopefully you get to the store. Here I am having trouble getting some things baby girl likes...So when I find them I STOCK up. Last night I told her all the spaghetti was gone and she cried...had to make garlic bread..8:30 at night. So today I will be making more spaghetti and freezing it..and then have to go stock up on more pasta..LOL. I think you did well on your trip and weight. You enjoyed yourself and you know you can get it off now that you are home.

Cbabie

I know right?!? I’d put the tree up now but I get a real tree and don’t want it dead by Christmas lol
  • gemwolf110
    trooworld wrote: »
    @cbabie Oh gosh, that sounds miserable. I'm sorry! Yeah, I had a good weekend, it went too fast lol. My crafts were actually on Sunday, I made a cover for my KitchenAid mixer. I'll post a pic. :)

@theslightedgeforever Well, 6.6 lbs isn't bad considering how long you were gone. I would take it as a win, too. Yeah, I got a new scale. That way I don't have to worry about it so much. I saw Christmas before Halloween, too, wow.

@TeresaW1020 It was! Well, I ended up making a cover for my KitchenAid mixer (see below). BUT...I think on Thurs or Fri, I will make a paper Christmas village with my Cricut. I did get the Halloween decorations put away, on Sunday though and with DH's help. ;) Sounds like you had a fun day of shopping. I have the beginnings of a bunion on my foot, I can feel your pain. Ouch to hitting it on your cart!

@gemwolf110 I want some holiday joy, too.

Hi all. My head has been hurting still. I'm going to call today and make another appointment with my doctor. I'm so sick of this. I can't work out like this. I can't do anything. It's hard to work. Speaking of work, I am off on Thursday and Friday of this week and I'm really looking forward to it. Here's a picture of my KitchenAid stand mixer cover I made.

qkrgivljadv8.jpg

I hope you get into the doctors soon and get better
  • trooworld
    @cbabie Does it help to ride your bike? How about stretching? Good job staying within your goals! Congrats on the loss, yay! You should get your sewing machine out, it might take your mind off your back. Thanks about my headaches.

@theslightedgeforever Yes and I feel guilty about not using the Tonal, I think part of my husband thinks I'm making these headaches up but I'm not. Yeah, I really like the mixer cover material. I got it on Etsy, it's either vintage or vintage-styled I'm not sure which. I saw your comment about shoes to @cbabie. I have been having the worst time getting comfortable shoes. As you say, they are either grandma shoes or athletic shoes. I did just recently get some Clark's that are cute but grandma-y, they have a little heel and a velcro strap lol.

@gemwolf110 Thank you!

Hi all. I made an appointment for next Friday with my doctor. This has to stop. On the eating front, I am going to try to make healthier recipes. I got some cookbooks for the Kindle that were on sale for less than $5. One of them is Jamie Oliver's 5 ingredient cookbook, another is called "How Not to Diet Cookbook" and it's a plant-based cookbook with a lot of interesting information. I have to do something. What I'm doing isn't working.

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @trooworld That mixer cover is super cute!! <3 I’m glad that you made an appointment to find out what is going on with you. Switching up your eating is a good idea. If it isn’t working then get to tweaking! ;)

@theslightedgeforever Good idea to go back and get what worked for you. I need to get back to what was working for me too. TJ Maxx is so dangerous for us ladies! That autumn mug does sound fun! :)

@cbabie That is good that you can still ride your bike in spite of your back pain. Is it getting any better? :/

Good morning! I’m about to get up and go do my bookkeeper training and then I have to run to Sams to update our church card. While there I will shop for our church potluck, and I have a new mom in the church that just had her fourth baby that I’m taking dinner to the family. She is a vegetarian so I’m making vegetarian Ziti with Italian meatballs on the side for her meat eating hubby and boys. My eating has been good, except yesterday I found some packets of chocolate pralines that came back with us from Savannah. I had tossed them in a drawer and forgotten them. So, hubby and I enjoyed one last evening with our decaf. :)

I did a bunch of wrapping yesterday and now our tree looks really obnoxious! DH says there is no room for my gifts from him. Ohhhh we will make room!! :p:)

b3z11c8qk9c5.jpg

• cbabie
    Morning all, still sitting in my chair, felt horrible had to get out of bed, then my back kind of quit hurting, but it's back again..you know morning movement. LOL I walked yesterday with baby girl..can't say it was FAST, but I was moving for 23 min...so I counted as exercise...I stayed within my goals again yesterday too. So win win.

@TeresaW1020 Oh my your room is beautiful. I hope you enjoy your training today and thank you for helping a family in need. You got this health thing, I am sure you will look back at this Christmas and say wow look how much in a year I have accomplished.

@trooworld Yea for making the Dr appt, tell DH to believe what he wants, but you know your body. LOL. I think I am too looking for different recipes. I get stuck in a mode and eat the same thing every day and night. Boring....I have a bunch of cookbooks on my kindle...when I got hacked on Amazon, that's what the person bought was e cookbooks..never understood it, but they even paid for it, but used my account..I have been afraid to open them..LOL

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    @gemwolf110 What good choice did you make today? Mine was making a veggie pasta stew. I love real trees. My mom always had a white fake one with red bulbs.. My first year I moved out I got a real one and strung cranberries and popcorn and it had colored bulbs and garland. It was so pretty.

@trooworld I hope you find your answers for your headache. Since you aren't exercising right now, the food has to be more spot on. What things do you need to cut back on a bit and reduce?

@teresaw1020 yaaay for staying OP. Eating can still be good I think with pralines. I'm working on Food is good/bad concept right now.
    Instead of going on/off our plans, learn how to enjoy what we like and balance it around good f&v, lentils, nuts, etc.
    Your tree is beautiful. the gifts too.

@cbabie Yaaay on staying within your goals. Just go on Pinterest and get some recipes. It has replaced all my cookbooks.

This morning I did 30 min of aerobics YouTube video. Food was on plan yesterday.

• theslightedgeforever
    @gemwolf110 What good choice did you make today? Mine was making a veggie pasta stew. I love real trees. My mom always had a white fake one with red bulbs.. My first year I moved out I got a real one and strung cranberries and popcorn and it had colored bulbs and garland. It was so pretty.

@trooworld I hope you find your answers for your headache. Since you aren't exercising right now, the food has to be more spot on. What things do you need to cut back on a bit and reduce?

@teresaw1020 yaaay for staying OP. Eating can still be good I think with pralines. I'm working on Food is good/bad concept right now.
    Instead of going on/off our plans, learn how to enjoy what we like and balance it around good f&v, lentils, nuts, etc.

@cbabie Yaaay on staying within your goals. Just go on Pinterest and get some recipes. It has replaced all my cookbooks.

This morning I did 30 min of aerobics YouTube video. Food was on plan yesterday.

• theslightedgeforever

• theslightedgeforever

• renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member

Hi all. Sorry been MIA last few weeks. Had some stuff going on and just didn’t feel like logging in. On Oct 23 my sons 2 best friends were on their way to our house when they had an accident a few miles away. His best friend which is a family best friend survived but is still in hospital not fully conscious yet will multiple serious injuries. And the other friend didn’t survive. My son was on seen shortly after the accident and seen things no kid should see. Our house is finally somewhat functioning back to normal and his friend is slowly getting better.

this week I started the LIIFT4 beach body on demand workout. I’m really enjoying it. So my focus the rest of the year is that and not on my steps. Trying to go to our fitness classes here on Wednesday.

hope everyone is doing well. Will try to check in regularly. I know I always say that and then stuff comes up. The positive out of last few weeks is my weight finally has dropped. Now to keep it down. Heading to the city for a couple nights so no I will be over my points. But that’s life.

• gemwolf110

Oh no! I’m sorry to hear of your sons loss! That’s awful. I hope his friend that is in the hospital recovers fully.

• trooworld

@TeresaW1020 Thanks! Yeah, I hope they can figure it out. You are the queen of tweaking, I learned from the best! <3 That's really nice to take something to the new mom. I'm sure she will appreciate it. MMMMM chocolate pralines sound wonderful! Your Christmas decorations, oh my word! They look like something out of a home decor magazine. Great job!

@cbabie Does it help to lay on a heating pad or ice? You did good yesterday. I think he may believe me now lol. Wow, that's weird about the hacking. Yeah, I have tons of recipes but they are either semi-complicated or not healthy enough. :(

@theslightedgeforever Thanks, me too. You are right about the food. I need to cut back on and reduce snacking on unhealthy things. I have, to some extent but need to do better. Great job on the food and exercise!

@renaegry Oh gosh, how horrible about the accident. I'm so sorry and sorry that your son saw the aftermath. Congrats on the loss.

Hello all. Okay, it's going to take some time to get used to this new format/look of community. It looks good but...change is hard sometimes lol. Yesterday and last night, my head hurt really hard. I took the last of my migraine medication and went to bed. It's better today. My officemate at work told me about this specialty group that specializes in migraines. I'm going to check to see if they accept my insurance and if so, I am going to try to get a referral to them from my doctor. I did pretty well with food yesterday. I had some baklava at work but still had a 285 calorie deficit. 

• gemwolf110
  • cbabie

Morning all, Yea I am not sure about this new format. I thought my computer was acting up. LOL. Well I found something that worked on my back. Naproxen. When I broke my knee and had what was called RSD, my Dr told me to take 2 of those in the morning and 1 at night...in rotation with my pain meds (that didn't work) LOL. It's the only thing that kicks the pain when I tweak my knee...so feeling better today, got up a little stiff (it's cold in here) but otherwise feel good. I went over on calories a little yesterday, and no real exercise..but today is a new day.

@gemwolf110 Thanks for posting about Veterans day..We need to be reminded of how we got our freedom. Hope you have a great day.

@renaegry I am so sorry to hear about those kids and what your's saw. I am praying for you and yours. We just don't know what tomorrow will bring, so live today as if it matters cause it does. Change is good on your focus. LOL

@trooworld Heat helped...but only if I sat. LOL I love baklava...yum. Congrats on still being under. I hope you can get into that group and get some relief and answers. LOL Glad hubby now understands...they are hard headed sometimes. :)

@theslightedgeforever I get overwhelmed with Pintrest...but I will check it out again.. I made a really good dish last night..Chicken and rice, one pot, oven baked. But I used Chicken Breast, it's the only chicken I will eat. LOL

cbabie

• theslightedgeforever

@renaegry I'm so sorry about your son's friends. It's hard for an adult to see stuff like that. I'm glad your weight is coming down and albeit better circumstances. I'm glad you found something you enjoy for movement.

@gemwolf110 What good thing did you eat yesterday? I didn't realize it was Veteran's Day. For some reason I thought that was in October.

@trooworld Yaaay on eating good and a deficit. Funny how on Twitter today I had written change is hard. I guess we'll get used to this. I hope you find something for your migraines.

@cbabie I'm glad you found something for your back. Soon you'll be back to some exercise. I have folders on Pinterest so when I find a recipe to try I file it in the appropriate category, brunch, snacks, sweets, healthy recipes, etc. Plus I have a folder called Recipes to Try. If I don't like it, I just delete or instead of filing it. I love chicken and rice.

As you all can see, I was posting when they were messing with the system. I kept hitting enter and thought it wasn't going to post so I saved it into a document so I wouldn't lose it and then posted at a later time. That makes up for all the losts posts I've had over the years lol

A good day of eating. I went out with a friend for breakfast and chose well. I did 40 min of walking/weights before I went. Since walking hurts my foot, I did 10 min on treadmill, then alternated weights with 5 min of walking back and forth in the gym doing knee lifts, etc. While my foot still hurts, it's not as bad as just continuous walking for 30 minutes. So I'll be doing that for a while. My mil is coming back to my house tonight. She had been staying with my sil while I was with my kids. It was a nice break from caregiving. I made a nice dessert out of peaches/blueberries with a oatmeal streusel topping. It was so yummy warm.

• theslightedgeforever