NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Hi All!

Happy Saturday! Weekend 2 of 4 off. Kinda nice going to be tough when they do put me back on the weekend schedule. Got plenty of yard work done. Not finished but made a good dent. Most of the laundry is done. Dogs are happy that they have had me all day. Can’t wait to see what tomorrow brings :-) And they must have updated the app because tracking I think seems a lot easier with that + button.

@theslightedgeforever Goal for the upcoming week is to track everything and attempt to post once a day even to just say hi! And 2100! That’s awesome.

@cbabie hoping it’s just allergies for you. It is that time of year.

@trooworld ill have to check that video out!

Waving to all

~Missy
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    38 min exercise ✅
    Walking, balance and stretching.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,914 Member
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever Thanks! The zoo was crowded but fun and good exercise. I thought I would pass out going up a really steep hill but I didn't lol. I did get in a lot of steps, 3 miles worth. I didn't stay long because I had to be somewhere at 2 and I didn't want to get lost in the zoo and be late. I stayed for about 90 minutes maybe? Here are some pics. The video you sent me...that lady really got organized. I need to do that. It was very inspiring! I think I will do that today, organize my freezer and take inventory so when I make my meal plan, I'm organized. I was able to buy two easy meals, they aren't the healthiest but they are easy and probably less points than eating delivery pizza. Your exercise plan sounded good. Did you do it? Scratch that, I see you checked in again that you did, well done, you!

@gemwolf110 Sounds like you are being productive on your days off. Enjoy your time off. Yes, do check out that video, I found it very helpful.

Hi all. Well, I went to the zoo and it was super crowded. I had to park far away which wasn't a problem because I was there for exercise anyway. I didn't view many of the animals because it was either too crowded or I was just trying to find my way to the monkeys. I saw a few monkeys along with some bears, penguins, and crocodiles. I didn't want to venture too far into the zoo and get lost as I had to pick up my husband at 2. I brought my own snacks and water. I, unfortunately, ate my snacks at about 11am maybe? I fasted for 13 hours before I gave in, I had just eaten too late into the night the night before. I did the same thing last night, we went out for dinner with my SIL and ate late. Here are some pics from the zoo.

Water yesterday: 30 oz

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"

58kd41ydm8im.jpg
    3pzvzft25udy.jpg
    k5ezjunucft7.jpg
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld Celebrate the 13 hrs that you fasted. That's great you took your own snacks and water. Plus 90 mins of movement. I love the pics. The peacock reminds me of my mom. She always seemed to have peacock feathers in the house. I love watching baboons. The bear looked like Baloo in Jungle Book to me. Just relaxing having a lazy day. What is that animal behind him in the water?

Today is a planned rest day for me.
  • DMLinderman03
    DMLinderman03 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I hope you don’t mind me joining you all. I was going to get back on track tomorrow, but then I thought why wait. I’m Dori, a 42 year old Special Education teacher. I have battled with my weight for as long as I can remember. I’ve done WW before and been successful, but went back to old habits. I need and want this time to be different.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @trooworld Love the pics from the zoo! :) Don’t refer to breaking your fast as giving in. You decide each day what works best for you! I do think you are right that it is harder to fast longer if you’ve eaten late. You go to bed with a lot of glucose and your body will scream for some more the next day making it harder to ignore that wave of hunger. And good for you for bringing your own snacks and water! That was a good video on emotional eating. I had to nod my head in shame that I have dug food back out of the trash. Not dealing with our feelings and practicing self-care is spot on too. Which is what I returned to IF. I had to say yes to myself and what I need, or I will not be able to continue taking care of everything that is on my plate right now. :/

@gemwolf110 Does your schedule always rotate? Sounds like you’ve had a good weekend. :)

@theslightedgeforever you're doing great with your workouts!! B)

@DMLinderman03 Welcome!! 😊

Hello! This has been a good weekend for me. I started reading this book called Never Binge Again that I had in my Kindle library for a long time. I can’t believe I waited so long to read it but maybe timing is everything. Anyway, I decided to put the steps in the book to the test yesterday during the church’s Easter egg hunt. There was so much candy, and snacks like cookies and chips, and our popcorn machine was in full swing. I knew that once I started eating that junk I probably wouldn’t stop, and I’ve been doing so well lately. So, I went extreme and turned on my fasting app after dinner Friday night and fasted until dinner on Saturday. Sometimes it was hard, but hunger comes in waves, and I was busy. The temptation to cave came in waves too but I held strong. I proved that I could go to an event full of stuff that I didn’t need to eat at this time, tell myself no, and stick to it. I’m hoping what I’m learning from this book and the return to the IF lifestyle will see a major turnaround in the weight I’ve gained. :)
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Morning all. I've been off track a few days. Scales aren't happy but I know it's water weight too so I'm hoping it will be back down soon. Continuing fasting 18:6 and some days 20:4. Have a good week all.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever Oh don't get me wrong, I am happy I made it to 11. I usually eat about 11, so my body was used to eating by then. :) I love peacocks. Baboons are fun to watch, there was a procession of them that came by when I was watching...they looked so proud. There was no other animal in the bear cage, I think that is just something floating in the water. I hope you enjoyed your rest day.

@DMLinderman03 Hi and welcome! Of course, we don't mind, please jump in! Let us know if you have any questions or need help with anything.

@TeresaW1020 Thanks! That's true, I shouldn't say that. Yeah, I liked that video a lot, it really hit home. I've dug stuff out of the trash, too lol. I'm glad you said yes to yourself. You are right, they always say to take care of yourself first, like putting the oxygen mask on first to help others. I'm super impressed that you were around all that candy and junk and didn't give in! I'm sure you will see a turnaround. :)

@roz0810 Sorry about that. I hope the scales are kinder to you soon.

Hi all. I fasted until 12:30 yesterday which was good because technically I wasn't supposed to eat until 1:30 but I'm happy I lasted as long as I did. We went for a hike yesterday morning, almost an hour and I was beat when we got back to the car. My husband, on the other hand, was just fine. He's in much better shape than me and while I was huffing and puffing on the hills, he was breathing normally. But I'll get there someday. I was tired but energized from the hike so I came home and dehydrated some strawberries for a snack this week. I really lost my energy after that so I took a nap and later made dinner.

Dinner was really good, it was One Skillet Cheesy Green Chile Chicken and I served it over brown rice: https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/green-chile-chicken/

Water yesterday: 30 oz

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • trooworld
    Options
    bwnhjs1pm4cn.jpeg
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @DMLinderman03 Welcome to the group! Great attitude of "why wait"

@teresaw1020 I think I have that binge book in my Kindle library too. Does it have a monster mouth open on the cover? I don't think I've read it either. Although I don't think bingeing is my problem. Maybe there's another definition of binge than the one I'm thinking of. Guess I should probably read it. I wish I could be as consistent on my health habits as I am on checking in to MFP. Tracking is pretty well a habit which is why I'm consistent on MFP. So onto the other habits.......I'm currently re-reading Atomic Habits from James Clear. I just got the workbook so maybe something new will pop out on that.

@roz0810 Just keep working your program and the water weight will fall away along with some of its companions.

@trooworld Beautiful hill. Is there a trail there somewhere or did just just hike however the hill took you. The chicken looks good. I looked again and I think that floating thing has legs. lol

Today's exercise will be 30 min Leslie Sansone workout and stretching/balance exercises.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @teresaw1020 I just checked and I read 50% of the book and then stopped for some reason. There is another definition for the word binge according to the author

(Remember, a Binge is even one bite or swallow outside of your very well defined Food Plan):

Livingston Ph.D, Glenn . Never Binge Again(tm): Reprogram Yourself to Think Like a Permanently Thin Person(tm). Stop Overeating and Binge Eating and Stick to the Food Plan of Your Choice! (p. 54). Psy Tech Inc.. Kindle Edition.
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    @trooworld Yes, just keep up the hiking and you will soon be in great shape! B) I love that skillet cheesy green chili chicken recipe and I just put it on my Pinterest chicken board. I will serve it over cauli rice! Hey, have you ever tried those single-served brown rice that you cook in the microwave? Joe is wanting rice and I thought that might make things easy.

@theslightedgeforever Yes, it has a monster mouth on the cover. :D And even if you don’t binge you might find some useful tidbits. My well-defined plan is not going to say that taking one bite or swallow is a binge. Unless, like Saturday, I made a vow to myself to not have even one bite. I don’t want to play games with myself or allow my little piggy to manipulate me, but I also don’t want to be so rigid that I find it impossible to stick to what I said I would do. My one never right now is to never eat in secret. If I’m not willing to tell my husband what I ate, then I won’t eat it. That one never alone is going to totally help keep me from binging more than anything else. ;)

Hello! Well, today was a hard one for my poor Joe. He woke up dizzy and feeling like he was going to faint. His BP was really low. He ate some breakfast and then went back to bed for four hours. He is up now and doing much better. But it was scary, and I kept telling him that if he passed out I was calling an ambulance. I was supposed to have my teeth cleaned but called and postponed and hopefully he will feel OK tomorrow so I can go into the office. Maggie is scheduled for grooming too. I was able to do my workout. I fasted for 17.5 hours and made chicken salad for dinner. Yum! :)
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    @trooworld Love the pics from the zoo! :) Don’t refer to breaking your fast as giving in. You decide each day what works best for you! I do think you are right that it is harder to fast longer if you’ve eaten late. You go to bed with a lot of glucose and your body will scream for some more the next day making it harder to ignore that wave of hunger. And good for you for bringing your own snacks and water! That was a good video on emotional eating. I had to nod my head in shame that I have dug food back out of the trash. Not dealing with our feelings and practicing self-care is spot on too. Which is what I returned to IF. I had to say yes to myself and what I need, or I will not be able to continue taking care of everything that is on my plate right now. :/

@gemwolf110 Does your schedule always rotate? Sounds like you’ve had a good weekend. :)

@theslightedgeforever you're doing great with your workouts!! B)

@DMLinderman03 Welcome!! 😊

Hello! This has been a good weekend for me. I started reading this book called Never Binge Again that I had in my Kindle library for a long time. I can’t believe I waited so long to read it but maybe timing is everything. Anyway, I decided to put the steps in the book to the test yesterday during the church’s Easter egg hunt. There was so much candy, and snacks like cookies and chips, and our popcorn machine was in full swing. I knew that once I started eating that junk I probably wouldn’t stop, and I’ve been doing so well lately. So, I went extreme and turned on my fasting app after dinner Friday night and fasted until dinner on Saturday. Sometimes it was hard, but hunger comes in waves, and I was busy. The temptation to cave came in waves too but I held strong. I proved that I could go to an event full of stuff that I didn’t need to eat at this time, tell myself no, and stick to it. I’m hoping what I’m learning from this book and the return to the IF lifestyle will see a major turnaround in the weight I’ve gained. :)

Weekend job is all over the place and schedule doesn’t get posted past 3 weeks. Weekday job is a steady, same schedule Monday through Friday job.
  • gemwolf110
    edited April 2022
    Options
    roz0810 wrote: »
    Morning all. I've been off track a few days. Scales aren't happy but I know it's water weight too so I'm hoping it will be back down soon. Continuing fasting 18:6 and some days 20:4. Have a good week all.

You got this! I backtracked myself. Need to commit to tracking.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever I wish I could be as consistent with my health habits, too. Someday I will be. re: hiking...yes, there were trails. That pic was taken from the trail looking off to the right. The chicken was very good. I didn't notice the legs but okay lol. That's a great plan for exercise I hope you did it.

@TeresaW1020 Yeah that recipe was really good. That's a great idea to serve over the cauliflower rice. That's funny that you mention the single-serve brown rice, that's exactly what I am using nowadays! So convenient and they come out great. Oh gosh, I'm sorry your Joe felt so bad. It must be really hard, what he's going through. I hope you get to do what you need to do today and he feels better. Great job fasting and yummy dinner!

Hi all. I did very well yesterday, I fasted for the time I had hoped to (until 10:30 which was 16 hours) and water and food was good and was tracked. I had Cajun fried rice for dinner which was part cauliflower rice, part brown rice. It was good. I think tonight, we are going to have one of our frozen family-sized meals I got while at Walmart. I got orange chicken and butter chicken. I'll serve it over brown rice. Brown rice is 0 points for me.

Water yesterday: 75 oz

• theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @teresaw1020 I need to find my "never". I don't eat in secret. I don't binge in the typical sense of the word. My friend and I in another group are going to read the book for our 100 day book. I'm sorry for the yucky day that Joe had. Hm..my response to gemwolf had me thinking my never could be Never go to bed without preplanning the next day's meals into the tracker.

@gemwolf110 So start with tracking breakfast and when you have that down add in breakfast and lunch. Eventually it becomes a habit so you automatically think, what did I eat. Of course best practice is preplanning your meals either in the morning or night before and follow that plan. That way you stay within your boundaries.

@trooworld Sounds like you had a really good day with food. Really? You didn't see the legs? lol

I did an Up to the BEat Fit video instead of Leslie Sansone video yesterday. Then did my stretching and balance. Total of 46 min.

Today I will do 20 min YouTube video, weight training, stretching and balance.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever Yes, I did. I had a pretty good week overall. No, I didn't lol. I saw what looked like seaweed? Great job with the exercise! Did you do the YouTube video et al yesterday?

Hi all. When it rains, it pours. I don't think I told you but a rock flew up and hit my windshield on Saturday. That turned into a crack and now my windshield needs to be replaced on Monday. Well, yesterday we discovered our freezer isn't working at all. I called a repair place and they are coming out this afternoon but they said if it is what they think it is, we might as well replace the refrigerator. :( I'm so stressed about money. I'm stressed because I'm going to have to ask for more time off work. Ugh. Eating was really good yesterday and I lost 2 lbs this week.

Water yesterday: 75 oz

• theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld I did not do the YouTube video but I walked for 36 minutes with hubby. He came and asked if I wanted to take a walk right when I was ready to exercise. Woohoo on the loss. Sorry about the windshield and freezer. My fridge keeps leaking. We got it in 2012. How long do refrigerators usually last?

Tonight's plan will be 20 min cardio, 15 min weights, and some stretching and balance exercises.
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    @trooworld I’m so sorry that your finances are taking such a hit. Please try to not cave into the stress by eating. It won’t make you feel better. At least that is what I keep telling myself. :/

@theslightedgeforever that is good never to not go to bed before pre-planning. I think turning some of our nevers into positive actions and not just a bunch of stuff we can’t do is a good idea. :)

Hello! Well, Joe didn’t get better. He stopped being able to pee so yesterday morning we went to the hospital where they put a catheter in him and sent him home. We go to a urologist tomorrow morning. We aren’t sure if this is some new adventure or part of the chemo side effects. I took Maggie to daycare, put him to bed, and ran up to the church just so I could do paychecks and make the deposit. I came back home; made us lunch and he is back in bed. I’m so stressed out right now but doing my best to not take it out on Joe, who truly can’t help everything that is happening to him. I’m also working hard at sticking to my plan. :/
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Hey all. Back on track today. I've hit my highest weight ever now. It's time to finally do this once and for all. One day at a time!