NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Not sure what I’m missing. But can’t figure out for the life of me how to post to the news feed with this new app update
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,569 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Morning all, I tracked yesterday, walked, rode my bike and yet still feel like I am not hitting the mark. I am thinking too much today, so I am going to get my head into a murder mystery book...and forget some things.

@renaegry not sure how to help...I am sure someone on here will be able to help...but good to see you!!!

@trooworld sounds like you are keeping active this weekend and enjoying it..so good for you. take care of your knees...if something hurts mine I stop..LOL. could be water weight and yes we all give the scale too much control. LOL. You know increasing your muscle tone too might be whats going on...but that means you look like you weigh less than you do cause the fat is shrinking.. :)

@Tamevv Good job checking in...I smiled when I saw this was a safe place..we all need one..I know I do...

@theslightedgeforever sounds like someone else I know...with I am DONE.. :). get DH to walk the mall again..bribe him with a nice coffee drink...

Cbabie

for the week 🟢🟢🟢
    Daily🚰🚰
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,220 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    @Tamevv Great distraction technique

@trooworld Scale: it's our training from days gone by. It's just a tool to get some data just as a measuring tape is. Have you measured lately? NSVs are important too. Another tool to measure progress. That's all we are doing is measuring progress. I noticed you got in a bit more water yesterday. Good for you.

@renaegry I saw there was an update to the app but it all still looks the same to me so I don't know what's different?
    EDIT. It just came up. Now what were you having problems with?

@cbabie I was reading a book yesterday that talked about muscle weight. It says that we can only accurately gain about one lb of muscle per month. Don't know if true. It was listing all the things we tell ourselves when the scale doesn't cooperate. I laughed because I have said or thought all of them. Some could be true "at the time". Keep celebrating what you are doing right. Do you have firm goals so you know if you are meeting them or not?

Another green dot for yesterday. Today I won't be getting one cause I've hurt my back somehow. For a week I've been having this "stitch" in my back that would come and go and today it's hard to move just a little bit. So there will be no burning 250 calories with exercise today. I'm hoping maybe I just slept wrong or something.

I'm trying to finish my bookclub book before Wednesday. We are reading Between Shades of Gray. No not 50 shades. :D This is about WW2 in Lithuania. They made a movie about it I just found out. Ashes in the Snow.

🟢🟢🟢🟢
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,914 Member
    Options
    @renaegry I don't use the app so I'm afraid I'm no help.

@cbabie It sounds like you did all the right things on Friday. Why do you feel that way? Yes, I am keeping active! I thought about the muscles, yeah I think you are right. You got 3 green dots this week, congratulations! And made an effort with the water, woo hoo!

@theslightedgeforever I measured a few weeks ago and was down about 2 inches. I will measure again today sometime. Yeah, I did well on water Friday but sucked at it yesterday lol. Congrats on another green dot! I'm sorry about the back injury. I hope it is just that you slept wrong. I've heard of Ashes in the Snow but not Between Shades of Gray. Did you like it?

Hi all. I did really well yesterday, got a blue dot. Went for a walk in the morning with DH and then again went for a walk with DH and the dog at night. It was really nice. I got in 7,757 steps which is good for me. My goal is set at 7,000 steps. I made Thai food for dinner: fresh spring rolls and Tom Kha Soup (the coconut one). It was delicious. Off to the zoo in a couple of hours for more walking.

Water yesterday: 25 oz

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, getting ready for church and thought I would stop by. I didn't really exercise yesterday, I went swimming in our pool, so I guess you could call that a bit of movement. LOL. First time in this year..baby girl didn't want to get out. My eating was not bad, but ate 300 calories over my goal..so that was bad. Today is yet another day before my WI tomorrow. LOL. Sundays have and most likely though will always be my eat what I feel like eating day. (not that the others don't seem to be that way lately) ...When I was going to WW, Saturday was my WI day so I always took Sunday as a splurge day and made up the points during my work week. LOL some habits may never die.

@trooworld great job on the walking and water. You are doing great!!!

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited June 2022
    Options
    @renaegry Newsfeed: I think I may have it figured out but I don't know.

Click Dashboard
    Click profile pic at top left
    At the bottom it says "Write a Comment" then next to it is Post

Try that and see if that's what you are looking for.

@trooworld Yaaaay on your inches lost. Smaller sizes ahead. Woohoo on the blue dot. Ashes in the Snow is the movie. Between Shades of Gray is the book. I guess they didn't want people to think it was 50 shades of grey movie and not watch it.

@cbabie So if Sunday is your splurge day, why are you weighing in on Mondays? That's how my Thursday got to be my splurge day. But it's controlled. 1660 calories. I weigh in on Thursday mornings.

No green dot yesterday because of the exercise. Dh gave me a massage today with some muscle cream and it helped for a bit. It's right underneath my left shoulder blade where it hurts the most. I did do some exercise this morning after the massage. Can't just keep sitting around doing nothing.

🟢🟢🟢🟢
  • Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, just checking on. I’m sorry I’m not replying individually to everyone, but enjoy reading over what’s happening. Been a lazy two days here so not much to report but still trying to be mindful of what goes in my mouth. I’m sick today - has been building all week but the last two have hit me so I guess that’s my excuse. Anyway just hello 👋

• trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie I'd definitely call that movement. I bet that was fun. Sounds like you are doing good. Thank you! How's your water?

@theslightedgeforever I think it's good they didn't call it the same name for the reason you name lol. Can you find some physical therapy exercises on YouTube and do those?

@Tamevv No worries, just reply however you like, there are no requirements! I'm sorry you are sick, I hope you feel better soon. <3

Hi all. I had a wonderful day yesterday, I was quite active. I did not end up going to the zoo, my DH wants to go on Friday when we are both taking the day off from work. Instead, I folded some laundry and then did my first Tonal workout of a new program. My strength score has risen by 18% overall from the beginning but my upper body strength score has risen by 45.7%! DH made us a good breakfast of smoked salmon breakfast toast: https://www.umami.site/recipes/healthy-smoked-salmon-breakfast-toast/

I lazed about for a while and then did some meal prep. While I was in the kitchen, I found a kitchen workout video on YouTube which was about 16 minutes long and wasn't too challenging but got me active while cooking: https://youtu.be/-QcxWI_0Dhs I also measured myself and compared it to past measurements. Since 4/14/22, I've lost a total of 12.24 inches and 19.6 lbs! We had a healthy dinner of Salmon with Anchovy-Garlic Butter + collard greens. After dinner, we took the dog for a long walk. Another blue dot.

Water yesterday: 75 oz

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"

jxvgw9awk4iw.jpg
    7g1k8bpp7k6w.jpg
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, I am facing facts..I gained 2.2 lbs this week...not sure that it's the truth, but accepting the signs and know I have to turn this around...I am going to look into my stats to see what I can lower and start my ship going in a different direction....Today is a family birthday...so I see a small piece of a cake in my future...just have to balance the rest of the week..LOL

@theslightedgeforever good question about why I weigh in after a splurge day...I guess I should go back to Saturdays..Not sure ... LOL

@trooworld OH MY GOODNESS!!!! How awesome is it to see those scores...I am so proud of you...look like the tonal was a great investment for you and DH..my water wasn't great yesterday...baby girl kept taking my cup...I think I am going to have to get another one. LOL

Cbabie

Dots: will post tomorrow IF I get one...today is the beginning of a new week
    Water: same GOAL is 4 water faucets...
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @Tamevv You post at a level that is comfortable for you. We are here to support you. Plus you are here to motivate us with your successes. That's good that you are being mindful while you are sick. I have a tendency to turn to comfort food during those situations to make myself feel better. I hope you feel better soon.

@trooworld Excellent NSVs. You have really done well. 10 lbs a month! By reading your past posts you wouldn't think so which tells me that you are focusing on the times you slipped instead of how many good things you are really doing right. Good idea on the YouTube video but I don't know if it will be hard to pinpoint the exact area. It's not my back and it's not my shoulder but kind of in between. I'm still doing all the other PT exercises for my other ailments. LOL Great graphics.

@cbabie How about start with how many f&v can you add to your meals? Go back and analyze your food journal. What were you eating? What was the highest calorie foods? You could still eat the same foods but less of them.

Another green dot: 5 for the week

Weight: Stayed the same
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie I know you can do it. You've got this. Thank you, yes, the Tonal was expensive but I think it is worth it for us. You need to get baby girl a special cup for herself. :)

@theslightedgeforever Thank you! No, the 10 lbs weren't in a month, the inches were though. The 10 lbs were since all time. March 2020 I was very close to that highest weight, I was 243.8 lbs (my highest was 248). Yeah, I may have been focusing on the bad not the good but I am NSV-focused now. Does your hurt area (I don't know what area to call it) feel ANY better? Congrats on another green dot, you are killing it!

Hi all. I did a Tonal workout yesterday and I also took the long way to get tea at work so I got 7,502 steps yesterday (my goal is 7,000). My body is sore today from the workout: I did some weighted Romanian Dead Lifts and my butt can feel it today lol. I won't be working out or if I do, it will be a stretching workout. I got another blue dot yesterday, the total for the week (Sat-Fri) so far is 3. I should get another one if I can stay out of the snacks. :D

• cbabie
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Morning all, I just got back from a bike ride and plan to do the Leslie video sometime today/night. I did terrible last night on my food, went 300 over calories. I think it was mostly stress. I am working on that part of my life. I also got int the pool again yesterday...I forgot that. I don't think of it as exercise..but I try to "swim" a little when I am not watching baby girl. LOL

@theslightedgeforever you are right about adding f&v, I will try...I didn't eat PB yesterday..LOL

@trooworld You are the bomb, I am NOT meeting my steps and I should be...I used to chase baby girl around in the house..it's time to start doing that again..she loves it!!!

Cbabie
    No dots
    🚰🚰
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld I was thinking dang that Tonal is really good if it lets you lose 20 lbs in 2 months. lol No my sore spot has flared up again today. I looked up some PT exercises for it and have been doing those. I put some heat on it. I think I'll try some ice. I exercised but it hurts when I move forward like if I have to reach and grab something. Or even sitting in a chair and move the wrong way can hurt. My habits are becoming better but my weight is just stagnating. I blame all the extra water I'm drinking compared to what I used to drink. I think my body is storing it for drought times ahead. :) So I will continue working on my habits because eventually the scale will have to move. Yaaay on your blue dot.

@cbabie You can march, run or jog in place in the water. Or bounce around while you are watching baby girl doing arm exercises. That's exercise and my hubby builds his muscles in the summer strictly by the pool exercises. I didn't believe him the first year. It's all resistance. So when you are stressed and want to eat something what would cause the least amount of damage. That is what you need to have ready to grab in your house. Of course stress eating is not the best thing. What other things could you be doing in that situation other than eat. Do you have your list written down. Do the first one...if you still want to eat, then go do the second one.....etc Until the urge passes. It will eventually. Talk back to your pig that is saying Go EAT. You know that will make you feel better. yes it will for that night but then the next day you know you aren't going to be feeling better. When your clothes are tighter, you don't feel better. When the scale is up, you don't feel better.

I did not earn a green dot yesterday. I went over cals by 110 Exercise and water was good. So not starting the new week very well.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie Good job on the exercise! I'm glad you are working on your stress response. What are you doing to work on it? Thank you, I am putting in an effort I hope it pays off! Chasing baby girl sounds like good exercise!

@theslightedgeforever Hahahaha nope. Oh dear, I hope the exercises and heat and ice help. Yes, the scale will eventually move. I didn't get a blue dot yesterday either.

Hi all. I did not get a blue dot yesterday because I CHOSE to get a chorizo breakfast burrito from the cafe at work. I still have 28 weekly points left so it's not a big deal. I was bored of cottage cheese and pineapple, that's why I went to the cafe. I'm bringing something different for breakfast today.

• cbabie
    Options
    Morning all no exercise yet today. My routine is off, but I will get there. I have some people holding me accountable..LOL. I have a wonderful reaction to sunscreen...I have a rash all over my upper body...now my ears are starting to itch as well...No more will I use that one.. we had left overs for dinner last night and I almost grabbed a hamburger, but then remembered we had turkey in the fridge...so I had a turkey sandwich instead of a hamburger...YES. I did that because I had PB earlier in the day and knew my fat content would be too high..LOL

@trooworld I am trying to think before I react right now..like take a walk, go do something else for a minute. That is how I get baby girl when she wants something I don't want her to have right then...LOL Yes that will get us every time...boredom...I can't eat cottage cheese anymore with fruit..I took it too many years for lunch when I worked...

@theslightedgeforever Yes I know the pool is good exercise, I really am not an outdoor person, but I am trying to use what I have for movement...I am just a SLOW learner..LOL. Please take care of your body...stretches maybe? Like baby girl says when she knows it will hurt....slowly do it slowly mommy.(brushing her hair, etc) .LOL

Cbabie
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Hello! DH's family came and went and it wasn't at all the good time we had hoped it would be. Joe ended up in the hospital on Sunday morning with another UTI. They admitted him to run all the usual tests like MRI, CT scan, and EEG to rule out stroke, which they did. He came home Monday evening and was able to go to Chuck E Cheese to be with his granddaughter, but he was so tired and out of it, that I had to take him home early. I felt so bad that they came all this way and spent so much money and had to entertain themselves most of the two days. His son sat in the ER for five hours with me so he got to see firsthand how far his dad has slipped mentally. Granted the UTI didn't help Joe's mental capacity either. :/ Next Thursday we have Joe's oldest son for three days coming to visit. Hopefully, we can stay out of the hospital. My eating has been horrible and I haven't worked out in a week. I did give notice on doing the church cleaning job and this is my last week to do that. I have another church member taking it over and I'm very relieved to have that out of my life.
  • Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    HI everyone. So my cold turned into Covid 😒. The last 4 days have been a bit of a blur and I’m still feeling fuzzy headed, but think I’m on the upside now. Symptoms have turned into aches and tiredness so I’m hoping the active fighting stage of it has passed and I’m now in recovery. Of course, I have no idea how these things actually progress, but that’s how it seems right now so I’ll run with it. Was weigh in today and happy to discover a 300g loss. When I got the positive test I was really worried about how isolation would effect my eating and that’s still in my mind, but I’m trying to be mindful. I’m not really eating dinners these days - feel too tired and sick by evening so guess that is helping. Anyway, I had a it of a read this morning - @theslightedgeforever : I really like the idea of making a list of things to look at when you feel like eating. I’ll make a hard copy list rather than on my phone, or maybe both, but I definitely think that is something i could make work. I can force myself to do one thing from the list. I’m quite excited about that idea actually, thanks very much.
  • trooworld
    edited June 2022
    Options
    @cbabie You WILL get there, just don't give up. ;) Oh gosh about the sunscreen. Not what you wanted. Good job reaching for the turkey instead of a burger! That's a good plan to go for a walk or do something else. Distraction. Yeah, I'm getting really sick of fruit and cottage cheese. :/

@TeresaW1020 I'm so sorry about the visit. That must have been really disappointing. I hope the visit with Joe's oldest goes okay and as you said, Joe stays out of the hospital. That's good you are giving up the cleaning job. Hugs.

@Tamevv Oh no! That stinks. I'm glad you are starting to feel better. Congrats on the loss!

Hi all. For a couple of days now, the Tonal has been buffering when I try to do a workout. It will play for a few seconds and then buffer. It was very annoying. Last night, I was trying to do a workout and it did it and I had enough so I called Tonal and they had me restart the router and that worked, no more buffering. By the time I was done with the troubleshooting with Tonal, I just wanted to be done with my workout and eat dinner. But I persevered and did my workout. I did not go to the cafe at work yesterday although I was really tempted. I got a blue dot.

Water yesterday: 60 oz

pktnw92b48bm.jpg
  • cbabie
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Morning all, l went for my bike ride, didn't go and eat all the sweets in the house before bed even though I wanted to..emotional eating...they call it. I was over in calories, but under my fat grams...so somewhat of a win..I saw some old pictures of me yesterday and realized how "round" I have become..UGH. I keep hearing this song in my head today..God turn it around....and I know somethings we have to take the reigns and turn it in the house in the other direction..and somethings like a wild cat coming from the west we have no control over how the horse reacts..LOL ( yes I think in cartoons).

@TeresaW1020 I am so sorry things didn't go as you wished, but the up side is they get to see first hand as you said what is going on so they are NOT caught by surprise.. my mother always said forewarned is forearmed. You made the right decision about cleaning (NOT that you need my approval) LOL. just giving support for you to know that you know what is important in your life right now and what is not a priority. Praying for you and your family.

@trooworld great job...I am so proud of your tonicity and determination. Keep it up girl...small steps even bring great strides..

@Tamevv So sorry about covid...yea I felt horrible for a week and then foggy, then better and better...I still have NO SMELL...once in a while I get a whiff of something but its a small scent to me, but it has to be strong for others...and my baby girl. still things most of her favorite foods taste "sour"..LOL. You are on the mend it sounds like...hopefully you don't lose anything you had before like smells...LOL Now the appetite loss, I wish that had stayed gone....

Cbabie
    No dots
    🚰🚰 🚰
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited June 2022
    Options
    @trooworld Looks like you are staying aware and balancing your food choices. Good for you. Yaay on your water. I bet the Tonal buffering was frustrating. You could have given up but you didn't.

@cbabie Rash? If it's not one thing it's another. lol could you learn to be an outdoor person? Get in the pool for 10-15 min and do something while baby girl plays in the pool. Obviously swim at night to save your skin.

@teresaw1020 I'm sorry about the visit. I bet very disappointing but I'm glad his son sat with you and was able to share some of the burden. I hope you can find some time for self-care.

@tamevv Sorry about the covid. I hope you have a mild case.

So I went to bookclub last night and then found out an hour ago the person I sat next to just found out she has covid. Her sons were sick but she thought they had heat exhaustion. So hopefully this will pass me by. I'm going on vacation at the end of the month. I can't be sick.

Green dots for Tuesday and Wednesday

🟢🟢