NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• Valentina_99v
    Valentina_99v Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

How is everybody today? I just finished day 2 and I’m pretty beat but happy to be back on the health journey. Hoping to make some friends to share stories with and offer support if anyone wants to chat.

Feel free to add me as a friend and I look forward to getting to know more people here :smile:
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Morning all, It's a crazy week for me and there just doesn't seem to be time. I didn't track yesterday, but I will, I am trying to be consistent. I know it won't be pretty..I have been doing much better, but I felt out of it yesterday and just ate and no exercise. Headaches have been my constant companion. I am ready for it to leave. I think it's just our wonderful monsoon season.

@trooworld glad you are able to work from home and yea on being the way back.

Cbabie
  • Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Not a good day. Fought with DH last night and spent a fitful night on the couch. Ate it all today and feel sick and uneasy in my belly tonight. Pinched nerve in lower back not helping. Such an idiot. Should have exercised it out instead. Wish I could say “lesson learned” but its not the first time and am sure it won’t be the last. Feeling very sick and sorry for myself 😢
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,928 Member
    Options
    @Valentina_99v Hi and welcome! Congrats on your 2-day progress! You are off to a great start. I will add you!

@cbabie Consistency is so important but so hard to do. Your poor head.

@Tamevv I'm so sorry about the fight with your DH and the overeating. And the pinched nerve, geez, you've got a lot going on, don't you? Hugs to you.

Hi all. I tested positive again yesterday but attempted to work from home despite that. I lasted until about 11:30 and clocked out. I hope to last longer today. I tracked everything yesterday.

Water yesterday: 60 oz

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, I did track yesterday, was a bit over, but it's the accountability of tracking for my health. I still haven't exercised and don't expect to this week. I have a lot of computer sit down time and then 4 yo play time. LOL. I attended my Mary Kay Seminar this week virtually. Oh how I was blessed. I love being with people who have a positive outlook and encouragement. That I think was my goal for my sister and when we started this little posting place. I don't care who you are you need to know YOU matter, so that being said. LOL

@Tamevv So sorry about the tiff, but I know understand life has it's up and it's down and we all turn to something when we are emotional. Yes for me it's food, but retraining myself to go for a walk, sleep, something to not be giving in to my impulse.. LOL Thank you for sharing where you are so we can step in and hold your arms up and support you.

@trooworld So sorry you are still testing positive, but the good news is, you get to work from HOME.. LOL. I certainly pray for your stamina to return quickly and get back to your rouitine. You are doing great amidst trials.

@Valentina_99v Welcome aboard, great job, soon it will be 3 days, then 4, then 5, and as my little 4 yo counts sometimes....1,2,3,4,5,6,7,11,14,15,4, 5, 6..LOL. You got this.

cbabie
  • Tamevv
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Thanks ladies for the support, I still don’t know where I am really regarding a couple of things but have two hours alone time this afternoon so will plan for some kind of self-care.

EDIT: Nope, just got asked to work full day. Oh well, weather looks fine so will take a walk at lunch break.

@trooworld My understanding is that once you’ve had Covid you will continue to test positive for up to 12 weeks due to lingering bugs in your body. Here in Australia regarding returning to work, once you’ve shown positive once they insist you isolate till symptoms disappear (min 7 days), but then don’t test at all for 12 weeks as they will be “false positive”.
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    Just a quick pop in. I’m heading tomorrow morning to Chicago to see Backstreet Boys with my daughter and then we fly Saturday morning to Scotland for a week. I’ll try and check in from there if I can get good WiFi at the hotel
  • Tamevv
    Options

Survived the day. Work was actually a really great distraction. Took youngest son to town for frozen yoghurt and random shopping (if I’m being honest, it was some serious avoidance tactics to not have to come home 😔). We had a couple of little treats as well - shared a fancy bliss ball and bought some chocolate while at the supermarket. Not a single tick on my chart today. Am aware I’m engaging in pretty much all of my self-destructive strategies, and that it’s conscious and deliberate. Self-analysis says I need to go through the process to be able to square away things within myself before I can reconcile with DH. I know it will pass, it always does, just sucks when I’m in the middle of it.

@theslightedgeforever have a wonderful trip! Music concerts are always fantastic - there’s just something about seeing it live.

@cbabie Thanks for the support and place to come to share. I’m not really one for friendship circles or coffee dates, but sometimes it’s really nice(and necessary) to just have somewhere to be honest and get a boost.

@Valentina_99v sorry I missed your post before, nice to “meet” you 😊. Your addition means I’m not the new kid anymore, so you’re doubly welcome 😊.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie How's your head? It's nice to be around positive people. I'm grateful your sister started this place! Yes, I am enjoying working from home more. I will have a hard time going back lol. Thank you!

@Tamevv Sounds like you could use that walk at lunch to think things over and destress. That always helps me. Oh gosh about testing positive for 12 weeks! That's interesting.

@theslightedgeforever Oh my, you are quite the seasoned traveler! I hope you have a fun time. :D

Hi all. I made it until 2pm yesterday. Today, I am confident I can make it all day. My plan is to go back to the office on Monday if I don't have symptoms. They said I need to test negative too, but that doesn't sound likely because of what @Tamevv said but we'll see, maybe I'll be okay. I didn't track yesterday.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, I didn't track yesterday...I was "anxious" all day, not sure why. I woke up with a stupid headache again...but today I tried Peppermint oil again..this time I just sat sniffing it until it felt better..LOL. I have been sneezing since the oil...so I think this is weather related. Which is better, cause I thought it might be food related. LOL. It's been rainy and gloomy most of the week. My pool has seen better days. LOL.

@trooworld So glad you are feeling better. I didn't test after my symptoms were gone...but I don't work outside of the home either. LOL. I just quarantined baby girl and I for 2 weeks.

@Tamevv Walking is good..I know they do me good to get me out of my head.LOL.

@theslightedgeforever You and mom would have enjoyed Scotland together...and just think of you and DD and Mom..LOL. That I am sure would have been a fun trip. Enjoy and don't forget us.. :)

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie I'm glad the peppermint oil helped. Yeah, I have to test per HR lol.

Hi all. I am feeling much better, I think if I tested today, it would be negative so I feel safe going out with a mask on. I may go to my WW meeting today. I haven't been to a meeting in about 3 weeks. I've been crafting with my Cricut: I made t-shirts for me, my best friend, my brother-in-law, and my husband. I also made a little thing for the front door (see photo). The thing for the door, I got the stuff from the Dollar Tree, it only cost like $5 to make. I also made a bunch of stickers for my friends and myself. I put mine on my coffee cup. I ordered supplies to make magnets too, but the delivery is running late. :(

gbsnw4ev8gmy.jpg
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all!!! I didn't track yesterday, I ate 2 small pieces of cake...LOL I felt terrible and I know it's my diet. My life has not been normal and I haven't cooked in about a month...I now know what my diet would be if I don't cook, not pretty. So I am going to go meal plan, clean my fridge out, already have cleaned the pantry...so here's to new goals in August. It is usually the hottest month, next to July...so watermelon is looking good..LOL

@trooworld I love the door hanger...I have a sign I have in my office from the $$ store that says meet me at the Garden Gate...It's a visual I need..LOL. Glad you are feeling better.

Cbabie
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday all! Today was my last day at my retail job. I’m going to be on call so if main job ot dries up I can pick up shifts. Application for mba is almost done just have statement of reasons left.
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Hi all...trying to get caught up on postings while I am on the computer, rather than I-pad that I usually use to read, lol.

@gemwolf110 Sounds like a good thing to give up the retail job for now. Good luck with the MBA, our oldest dd got hers.

@trooworld Glad you are getting better from the Covid. Dh never acted like he felt so tired, but sure complained about his throat. I love your door hanger, sunflowers & daisies are my favorite flowers! They look so cheery!

@cbabie Glad the peppermint oil helped. Dh tried it for headaches & seemed to think it helped. They definitely could be from the weather. I have kinda been having them again, but think my neck might be out of whack..should see the chiro, lol. I think I need to do more meal planning, too, and like you said..new goals in August!

@TeresaW1020 Good job with your eating & exercise, especially with all else going on in your life. Hope Joe is continuing to improve.

@Tamevv Sorry you have a pinched nerve, they can really hurt! I get a pinch in my SI joint sometimes. Your idea of frozen blueberries instead of chips sound like a great idea. It has been really hot here, a little cooler the last few days, but next week back up there again. I always have frozen blueberries on hand because they go in my breakfast oatmeal, lol. Hope things are calming down on the homefront.

@theslightedgeforever Wow, now Scotland!! Enjoy!! You asked if I didn't enjoy the food in Sweden since I had lost a little when we came home. I think it was more that we weren't snacking so much, lol.

Well, not much going on with me. Still trying to walk (on treadmill) first thing in am, because if I don't, I probably won't do it, lol. Would be nice for it to cool down so we can start walking outside again, but predicting 103 for next Wed, so nope. I have also started some "senior fitness" exercises, so hope they do me some good, too. Getting more green beans out of my little garden than I expected, which is nice. & I have gotten 2 zucchinis & a few grape tomatoes so far. Big tomatoes still really green!

Hope everyone has a great week.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie I didn't track yesterday either. I gotta get on board lol. Did you do the meal planning yesterday? For us, September is the hottest month, believe it or not. Thanks, gotta love the $$$ store!

@gemwolf110 That's great you are stepping back from your retail job. Good luck with the application!

@RetiredAndLovingIt Yeah, I was so very tired lol. My throat was sore at the beginning of my sickness but then got not sore. Thanks! Yeah, I have to work out first thing in the morning, too, I get that. 103! That's ridiculous. It gets that hot here in September. I have a love/hate relationship with September: I love the fall, it's my birthday month, but I hate the weather, it's our hottest month. Your garden sounds nice. I love fried green tomatoes, probably my favorite thing to eat! I don't eat it only once every couple of years because it is hard to find green tomatoes unless I go to a farmer's market.

Hi all. We went out for a beer yesterday and I made a good decision for an appetizer: I got these vegan spring rolls that were pretty healthy. Other than that, I was crafting and then reading. I hope to do the same today, maybe do a little meal prep.

Water yesterday: 12 oz

• Tamevv
    Options

@trooworld re: Covid tests: I had another look because you’d think the science would be the same worldwide, and they have changed the recommendation here to be 4 weeks - you don’t test again until 4 weeks after leaving isolation. Honestly, I don’t think any of them know what’s going on - I mean, surely if it was 12 weeks for a false positive a month ago, it would still be that now? Has the virus changed that much? Or has the response just changed? And if so, why is what was “safest practice” a month ago not still the safest now?? I dunno, it’s just totally being made up on the fly i guess. Anyway so that’s our up to date recommendation here is sunny Tasmania 😊
  • Tamevv
    Options
    Okay, so I just called myself some names and left the kitchen. Have been wandering and eating for days. Chocolate has been my friend. Enough is enough though. I’m here having a coffee enjoying a quiet moment before the work week starts. I used to just turn up to work early every day because what good was just sitting at home “wasting time”, but this last few months I’ve really made the most of this 45mins or so to make “me time”. In the early days (when I was on track) it meant I could use the morning window to exercise then come back after drop-off shenanigans and have my shower and prepare for work. Lately though it’s been just a chance to take a moment in the quiet to sit in my own space.

Anyway so I’ve been doing lots of eating and not tracking and not even worrying about it. Maybe this is my version of “self care” mentally, if not physically. But I think it’s time to stop it and get my crap together. So I won’t be tracking today but I will focus on water and do both my physical goals. Oh wow I just realised it is the first of August. Have no idea where the second half of July went. My chart is out of date. And it’s disappointing to realise my first day of a new chart will be some crosses. Hmm, food for thought there.

This is a very rambling post. Sorry everyone. Hope it’s a good start to the month for you all. Anyone fancy running through some goals for the month? I’ll have to give some thought to what mine will be.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @Tamevv Yeah the science does seem to change lol. I did test negative on a rapid test (I did read that you can test positive on a PCR test for weeks afterward, maybe that's the test you are referring to?). No need to call yourself names, just stop what you are doing, distract yourself with something else and move on. I need to start tracking too, I'm going to commit to tracking dinner today and go from there. I need to improve my chart, too. July was bad lol. Goals for August for me:
    1) track 1 meal a day
    2) exercise in some form 1 time a week
    3) drink 50 oz of water per day

Hi all. I did test negative this morning so I'm going back to work for the first time in 2 weeks. It will be weird lol. I'm ready though, I've been pretty bored.

Water yesterday: 20 oz

• renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Just checking in. Home from the lake now for 10 days so plan to try to get back on track. Will try to pop in daily. When I’m at the lake the service is so crappy mfp usually won’t load. Here’s to august.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @renaegry Welcome home and welcome to August.

Hi all. I tracked 2 meals yesterday, I consider that a "win". I also drank enough water. So far today, I have tracked 2 meals. It was rough yesterday, being at work all day. I was tired by the end of the day and wished I could have taken a nap. But I survived. I have to go in today and tomorrow as well and then I work virtually Thurs and Fri.