NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,563 Member
    Options
    morning all, I didn't exercise, but tracked yesterday and it was awful. I woke up with severe anxiety and ate my way though it.....So getting ready to go exercise rn and wanted to get on here really quick.

@theslightedgeforever Great job on getting back on track. you are doing great...

@gemwolf110 Good to see you on here posting...LOL I know about not wanting to waste food...You are a work in progress, like the rest of us.

@trooworld I hope you are okay..a little worried about you and DH.

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,217 Member
    Options
    @gemwolf110 Yaaay on your salad. I like your profile pic.

So I missed my green dot yesterday by 40 burned exercise calories. ARGH! I forgot all about finishing it up. Lesson learned. But I did well on my other things. Effort counts!

Today's f&v:

strawberries
    potato
    corn
    blueberries
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,890 Member
    Options
    @cbabie Did you get back to walking yet? You still have that rash, have you went to the doctor? I'm glad you tracked. Thanks, we are okay, more on that later.

@gemwolf110 I hope the job interview went well. Yay for your MBA program application!

@theslightedgeforever That's great you pre-planned your meals. I'm still not back to tracking, yet. Congrats on the green dot! Squash casserole sounds good and could be healthy. Yes, effort does count quite a bit.

@renaegry You always have a challenge with the lake, huh? I would, too!

Hi all. Well, I spoke too soon. I felt horrible starting later in the day on Monday and Weds, I tested positive. I have had no energy and felt like crap. You know how it goes lol. I have not tracked and have no interest in it until I start feeling better. Not feeling too bad but have low energy and a cough and congestion. I'm off work for the rest of the week and have to test again on Monday.

Water yesterday: 50 oz

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, I did exercise yesterday and will sometime today. I am fighting another headache...UGH. The weather here is icky..overcast today. BUT STILL HOT..LOL.

@trooworld so glad to hear you on the boards..sorry you got covid..I am starting to want to wear a mask again when I go into stores. I don't want it again.

Cbabie
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    @gemwolf110 Yaaay on your salad. I like your profile pic.

So I missed my green dot yesterday by 40 burned exercise calories. ARGH! I forgot all about finishing it up. Lesson learned. But I did well on my other things. Effort counts!

Today's f&v:

strawberries
    potato
    corn
    blueberries

Thank you! I didn’t get any f&v in today.
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    trooworld wrote: »
    @cbabie Did you get back to walking yet? You still have that rash, have you went to the doctor? I'm glad you tracked. Thanks, we are okay, more on that later.

@gemwolf110 I hope the job interview went well. Yay for your MBA program application!

@theslightedgeforever That's great you pre-planned your meals. I'm still not back to tracking, yet. Congrats on the green dot! Squash casserole sounds good and could be healthy. Yes, effort does count quite a bit.

@renaegry You always have a challenge with the lake, huh? I would, too!

Hi all. Well, I spoke too soon. I felt horrible starting later in the day on Monday and Weds, I tested positive. I have had no energy and felt like crap. You know how it goes lol. I have not tracked and have no interest in it until I start feeling better. Not feeling too bad but have low energy and a cough and congestion. I'm off work for the rest of the week and have to test again on Monday.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"

I think it went well. Seems like there’s a lot of interest. Going to be multiple round of interviews which is new. I’ve applied for similar job in past so it’s new.
  • Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I’m back home, gained about 1.5kg while away which is actually better than I was expecting. The second half of the trip got derailed a bit food-wise but heaps of walking. Might take a few days to get back into tracking and monitoring but at least I got a water tick today - one out of 5 is at least something.

• trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie I'm sorry about your headache, that sucks. Yeah, once I am out of isolation, I will be wearing a mask too even though I don't want to.

@gemwolf110 That's good. Good luck with the multiple rounds!

@Tamevv Welcome back! Good job with all of the walking and negating the food. Yes, drinking enough water is definitely something, woo hoo!

Hi all. I'm starting to feel better but I have a stye in my eye. :( It hurts and it bugging me. Eating has been so-so. Still not tracking. I am drinking enough water, so there's that.

• cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, I am eating for emotional reasons and not health reasons..so trying to get that out of my head. I didn't exercise, baby girl got up early and then I had a headache all day...woke up with it again today, but it's mild..just ready to be free of the headaches..LOL.

@trooworld glad to hear from you, hopefully you will kick this thing to the side quickly. Don't send it my way LOL. you know how we always get CA weather, and I might want some of that though. It's been sickening hot here..I am going to cut up cantaloupe today and try that instead of ice cream LOL

@Tamevv Glad you are back home and it sounds like you did okay on the health side of things. If you had fun and enjoyed your family sounds like a win win to me.

Cbabie
  • Tamevv
    Options
    @cbabie If we’re talking about trading weather, I’ll take some of yours - first thing I noticed when we got off the plane was my nose was cold again 😏. On our really hot days I used to buy bags of frozen blueberries (much cheaper than fresh) and eat them right out of the bag like chips - delicious snack on hot days.
  • Tamevv
    Options
    @trooworld I just tracked my lunch 😊. Yesterday it was just breakfast and today I’ve done both breakfast and lunch. Those are my easy meals - it’s the dinners that get me because I never follow recipes so they feel a bit like hard work to track. Do you have a meal or two that you could track just to get back into the swing of it? It feels a bit pointless sometimes if I know I’m going over budget on calories I tend to give up and not bother, but sometimes if I do the simple ones early in the day it motivates me to see if I can make it on budget for dinner. I’m behind on water today tho 😒
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie I hate headaches so much. I'm sorry you are still suffering from yours! I will definitely NOT send this your way lol. I am starting to feel better but low energy. It's been hot here but not too bad and today, it is supposed to be a high in the 70s so hopefully it will come your way. That's a good idea about the cantaloupe. :)

@Tamevv That's great that you tracked your breakfast and lunch, you are on your way back to on track! :D I'm feeling pretty low energy, everything feels like a chore right now (I've got COVID), so I'm not worrying about tracking just yet. I AM trying to listen to hunger cues and not eat if I'm not hungry.

Hi all. I lost 1.4 lbs this week for which I am very grateful. I am still not tracking, as I told Tamevv, everything seems like a chore and too much energy for me right now. I will get back to tracking very soon. I spent too much time sitting in my computer chair yesterday playing with my Cricut...it wore me out lol. I have to decide on food for this next week, I'm going to have to talk to my husband and see what he wants to do. I know we will be ordering Instacart delivery because I can't go to the stores.

• Tamevv
    Options
    Not a good one for me today. Think it’s a bit of last-day-of-holidays-itis. Have sort of grazed all day and decided to make waffles which is never a good idea 🙄. Back into routine tomorrow so hopefully can get myself sorted. Did get my butt onto the elliptical yesterday - told myself it was just a few minutes but once on felt really good so kept it up for 30mins - slowly so didn’t earn a zillion calories or anything, but figured it was still better than sitting on the couch. No such effort today tho. Oh well, you win some you lose some.

@trooworld I have a Cricut too. Haven’t used it in ages tho because it doesn’t cut cleanly and I struggle to make the designs do what I want - it’s all a bit confusing and I have these grand plans so always just end up frustrated and disappointed. Hope you had a better experience ☺️
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @trooworld I’m so sorry that you have been feeling so awful with that stupid Covid. But yay for losing 1.4 lbs. this week. I hope you start feeling much better this week and can regain your energy. <3

Good morning! Sorry I haven’t been on lately. No real reason other than I just haven’t been on the computer much unless it’s for work. It’s been a good week and I’m working on keeping the scale to keep its downward trend. I’ve been working out and eating right. Hoping my first TOPS weigh-in on Tuesday will be a good number. OK, I need to get Joe up and get ready for church. We started going back to Sunday school last week, so we now leave earlier. Have a great day! :)
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    @trooworld hope you feel better soon! Being under the weather is rough. Yay on losing! And sometimes it’s easier and better to just order from stores less likely to impulse buy. I just wish they didn’t have minimums for some stores.

@TeresaW1020 its a busy time of year. Sometimes it’s healthy to unplug.

@trooworld and @Tamevv what is Cricut?

@cbabie hope your headache goes away soon!

Having a busy weekend so far. Working OT at main job which is double the pay on Saturdays and 4x the pay on Sundays when compared to my weekend retail job. Work is just growing so OT is needed and will be having to put retail job on hold which surprisingly or well not surprisingly I’m not to upset about lol. I think retail job has run its course. Asking to be “as needed” employee so if there is a shift I can pick up but if that is possible I may do so sparingly as I can’t juggle main job + OT + grad school. Oh and get healthier as well lol 😂

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • trooworld
    Options
    @Tamevv It's always hard coming back from vacation. 30 mins on the elliptical is great! Your Cricut: maybe the blade needs changing? Yeah, my stickers came out really well. I had to re-calibrate my machine for print then cut because it was cutting wrong but once I did that, they were great.

@TeresaW1020 Thank you! I'm glad you are having a good week. Thinking of you for tomorrow's TOPS weigh-in.

@gemwolf110 Thank you so much! That's true about impulse buys. Good point. That's great that you get such good overtime.

Hi all. I am still testing positive for COVID and feeling rundown so I am not going to work today. We ordered pizza last night and I only ate one piece + a garlic knot. That is a victory for me. Still no tracking but I'm not going to worry about it yet.

Water yesterday: 25 oz

• cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, I have not been great on much of anything. I woke up with another headache, I am really tired of these things. I think some of it is I am not sleeping well and some of it the weather. I was so disgusted with myself yesterday morning..I couldn't find anything in my closet that fit to wear to church. My scale is not moving one way or another, but the belly is bigger. I did better on food choices yesterday. I was also close to goal on cal and fat. So that's a win..I have to try and get some exercise in today. I know this is a season and will pass. I miss my treadmill, bike riding and walking. The YouTube videos are okay, but not a workout like I want. But it's movement..LOL Today I take baby girl to gymnastics at our community center..this should be fun. LOL

@trooworld So sorry you are still testing positive, but the good news is because of this stupid virus, we have more options to buy things. LOL. Yea on your weight loss!!! I hope you feel better soon.

@gemwolf110 Sounds like it is time for the retail to go...you only have so many hours in a day, even though I try to get at least 27 hours in a day..LOL

@TeresaW1020 good to hear from you, and yea on the moving forward...you are doing great. I hope you enjoyed SS.

Cbabie
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    cbabie wrote: »
    Morning all, I have not been great on much of anything. I woke up with another headache, I am really tired of these things. I think some of it is I am not sleeping well and some of it the weather. I was so disgusted with myself yesterday morning..I couldn't find anything in my closet that fit to wear to church. My scale is not moving one way or another, but the belly is bigger. I did better on food choices yesterday. I was also close to goal on cal and fat. So that's a win..I have to try and get some exercise in today. I know this is a season and will pass. I miss my treadmill, bike riding and walking. The YouTube videos are okay, but not a workout like I want. But it's movement..LOL Today I take baby girl to gymnastics at our community center..this should be fun. LOL

@trooworld So sorry you are still testing positive, but the good news is because of this stupid virus, we have more options to buy things. LOL. Yea on your weight loss!!! I hope you feel better soon.

@gemwolf110 Sounds like it is time for the retail to go...you only have so many hours in a day, even though I try to get at least 27 hours in a day..LOL

@TeresaW1020 good to hear from you, and yea on the moving forward...you are doing great. I hope you enjoyed SS.

Cbabie

Yup and I can make more $$ in OT at main job in half the time at retail job. Now that OT gates have opened. Yeah only 27? I try for 30, 8 days a week lol 😂
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie Have you been using your oils? Does that help with the headaches? I know my oils don't help with mine. :/ This definitely will pass. I hope baby girl has fun at gymnastics, that's great for her to be involved in. That's true about buying things lol. Thank you!

Hello all. Still feeling crappy so won't work today. I may try to work from home tomorrow. I slept half the day yesterday. I guess I needed it. I'll probably do the same today.

• trooworld
    Options
    Hello all. I managed to stay upright most of the day yesterday so I'm going to work from home today. I also tracked everything yesterday! I'm on my way back!