NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Odd day. Stayed clear of catered morning tea and pizza lunch, but caved a bit in the afternoon. Not devastated, tho, just felt time for a bit of splurge I guess. Good dinner and surprised myself with deciding to spend half an hour on the elliptical while watching telly with DS tonight. Realised if I have step rate a little lower my heart rate still goes up enough and decent calories worked, but I don’t get all panty or ridiculously sweaty. Nice to know. Water good today so once I do the strength I’m only one picture short. I’ll take that today.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,887 Member
    Options
    @cbabie I would be lost without my phone. I would be GRUMPY too! What one small thing can you do today that your future self will thank you for?

@Tamevv I hope you have fun on your holiday! When do you leave? Well that's good you held out until the afternoon and then went on the elliptical. Great job with the water.

Hi all. I did work out yesterday on the Tonal. I plan on it today, too, I just don't know when it's going to happen yet. Eating was not so good in the morning but was better at lunch and dinner. No snacks.

Water yesterday: 50 oz

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,563 Member
    Options
    Morning all, I spent all day in bed yesterday...just didn't feel good. Got my phone and got all re-installed...only lost some text msgs and some health stats and data, I (think) LOL I still have a headache, but feel better. So today will try to get me back to normal.

@trooworld Great job for ending better and good job for getting on the Tonal..it is your friend. LOL.

@Tamevv I think it's great you learned how to walk at a pace that you can do without having to take a shower and get the same results...That's a great perspective. I didn't do anything yesterday, but trying to do better today, thanks for the encouragment.

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie I'm sorry you didn't feel well, I hope you are better today. Yay for a new phone! Yes, Tonal is definitely my friend lol!

Hi all. I gained back all that I lost last week (2.7 lbs!) and I'm pretty disappointed but not discouraged. It is feedback and I need to adjust my behaviors this week. I need to eat zero pints of ice cream, workout 4 times, zero sugar cookies for breakfast, etc. I've got this and so do you!

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • Tamevv
    Options
    @trooworld - yay for no snacks!! I looked up the tonal, looks really cool - super fancy. Is it fun to use? Or goes the novelty west off and it’s just another machine? I pulled out my old hand weights this week and even they make me feel a bit fancy 😁. Proper trip starts on Tuesday but we are away this weekend too. So far going great, let’s hope it holds. Came across one of our old favourite places yesterday so we’re taking the kids there for morning tea today. It is basically sweet novelty bread products so don’t think I’ll get calorie goal, but am intending to do small portions of everything and just taste rather than “eat”. Will be interesting how that goes 😊. I like your perspective that the scales are just “feedback”. Glad to hear you’re not discouraged, and have a plan (I’m guessing quitting the sugar cookies for breakfast would be a good place to start 😁👍😉).

@cbabie - hope you’ve had a better day today. Water water water!! 😁👍

Im away from home today, proud of myself and my husband. No snacking, good choice for lunch (chick salad sandwich) and only ate half. Early dinner and we ordered small quantity to share. Delicious - could have eaten three times over but went to Woolies for ice cream desserts and shared one of those. Stoked to come under calorie goal. Also did a workout before leaving and hiked up a steep hill to the motel. I don’t get a sweep due to water intake, but was conscious that access to toilets would be limited today. Very happy to get all of the other ticks though.
  • Tamevv
    Options
    Checking in, had a good day till we got home and everyone disappeared to “relax” while I got straight into washing and unpacking and dinner prep 😡. Made me grouchy so had a small bit of a snack attack. Did speak to DH about it and to his credit he offered to help, but that just made me feel guilty cause he had just driven two and a half hours home. So I dumped the meat in the slow cooker, tossed some veg in a steamer, made specific tasks/requests for the older two do be done by 5:30 and ran a bath. After entering todays food as best I can work out, and including my little tantrum this afternoon, if I am careful at dinner I’ll still make calorie goal. (Edit: nope, needed chocolate 😊). Only nibbled on everyone’s bread choices this morning (which were sooo yummy by the way) and lots of walking so not doing too bad. Again, water was an issue but I sipped on and off so it’s not nill, just not enough. Did my 5 mins on the elliptical which is barely worth any calories reclaimed but does mean I get my chart ticked. Happy to notice I have done cardio and strength every single day since committing I would 👍. Have a good day everyone 👋
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday all! Last day of my staycation and it has been a productive week. Got a good dent in my to do list done. Still have plenty left to do. WW had a sale for $10 bucks a month for 6 months for workshop and digital so I signed up. Went to the meeting yesterday with my favorite leader when I went last. Already been tracking and learning the new personal points system and this week I just tracked. Next week I’ll be making sure I attempted to stay within points.
    Had phone interview with admissions officer this week that went well. Should be applying for the program this week.
    Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

~Missy
  • trooworld
    Options
    @Tamevv Thanks! Yes, the Tonal is really fun to use. I love it! I wondered if it would be another novelty but both my husband and I use it. Yay for your hand weights! Small portions are the way to go. Yes, the sugar cookies for breakfast are definitely not ideal! LOL Great job while being away from home! That was a good idea to use the slow cooker. Sometimes chocolate is needed lol. Great job with the cardio and strength training! Woo hoo!

@gemwolf110 I'm glad you enjoyed your time off. That's a great sale. I love the new system. Good luck with your application.

@theslightedgeforever How are you doing? I'm a bit worried about you, haven't heard from you in a while.

@cbabie How's your head?

Hi all. I had a busy day yesterday. I got a pedicure for the first time in years and then smudged one of my toenails when I put my shoes back on (I wore sandals but not flip flops, my bad!). I went to dinner with a friend and her sister and mother. I did not make a healthy choice but then again, I planned for it so I'm okay with it. Today, I am going to meal prep. This is what I am meal prepping:

BREAKFAST:
    Corn and Black Bean Cakes https://www.forksoverknives.com/recipes/vegan-breakfast/corn-black-bean-cakes-2/
    Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes https://airfried.com/air-fryer-breakfast-potatoes/

FOR DINNERS/LUNCHES:
    Crab Enchiladas https://www.thecookingguy.com/cookbook/crab-enchiladas

Chicken, Feta Cheese, and Sun-Dried Tomato Wraps http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Chicken-Feta-Cheese-and-Sun-Dried-Tomato-Wraps/Detail.aspx

Sheet Pan Bruschetta Chicken https://damndelicious.net/2016/09/24/sheet-pan-bruschetta-chicken/

Pressure Cooker Chicken Lettuce Wraps https://thisoldgal.com/pressure-cooker-chicken-lettuce-wraps/

Sweet Potato Kale Salad with Creamy Honey Mustard Dressing https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/sweet-potato-kale-salad/

Water yesterday: 16 oz

• trooworld
    Options
    Hello all. I donated blood yesterday on an empty stomach and felt kind of bad and weak afterward. I didn't have any energy to meal prep so we'll see what this week is like. :/ I was cooking dinner in the hot kitchen and developed a migraine. I took medication but it only did so much. I still have the migraine. I hope all is well with you.

Water yesterday: 60 oz

• cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, I have been fighting a headache off and on for a few days. I don't have one right now and hope to keep it that way. LOL. I gained .2 this past week, but since I didn't exercise...that shouldn't have been a surprise. LOL. I am getting back to routine this morning...it's too hot to go outside, supposed to be 115 today. I am going to drive to see my daughter who lives about 50min away...thank goodness for air. LOL

@trooworld So sorry about your migraine...Its been a week of headaches for me...one actually felt like it was going to be a migraine...my dd told me to take 1 ibuprofen and 1 Tylenol....laid down and closed my eyes for 20 min and yea it was gone...I will have to remember that for next time. LOL yes you got this...your week and routine got messed up, but you still can turn it around.

@Tamevv Glad you are making great choices...I understand feeling like you had to do all the "work" while others relaxed...happens a lot to me. LOL. Enjoy your vacation this week.

@gemwolf110 feels good to get our to do list worked on right? Almost as good as making our points in WW.. LOL

Cbabie
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, well this is a first...I can't see any new post...weird. I have done my exercise 2 days now...my eating not so good...Can't tell you why, but I got into the cake and ate it in bed last night.. I read something in a book yesterday that says..your identity, think of it like a thermostat no matter what the external temp is...your thermostat turns on or off when the set temp is reached. It doesn't matter our external things...what we identify with (thermostat set at 75), we will always be there...it's an interesting concept...I am such a visual...I see a thermostat in my brain..LOL

Well I hope you all are not suffering in the heat...it was so hot yesterday. I was upset and took off for a walk..only did about 10, but my legs (shorts) were actually burning from the sun...yes I have no tan...the breeze felt like a HOT FAN blowing on you...I was a sweat mess when I got home...baby was in her stroller shield over her...and her cheeks were red...112

Cbabie
  • Tamevv
    Options
    First couple of days away, travelled 14 hrs yesterday and airports are hard work now - not the fun adventure they used to be 😒. Food choices were limited but I made good ones throughout. So far so good with my plan of small portions just to taste. Made it to Woolies today so have a few backup options such as seeded crisp bread instead of the white sandwiches which are apparently on the agenda for the next few days (DH fails at communication and somehow committed to eating with certain people throughout the trip, which means I have very little control over menu planning). Am working it out tho and feeling like I can manage it. Water just when I can, no specific exercise but lots of incidental walking.

@gemwolf110 - hope all is on track with your program admission. I really enjoyed the new WW program (assuming it is similar to what we have here). It gave me a great kick-start to my journey.

@trooworld - your recipie ideas always motivate me to plan too. Thanks for sharing the links, I love food browsing 😁. Sucks about the migraine, but at least your plan is set.

@cbabie - hope it hasn’t been too hot for you - I am freezing here! 3 layers is not enough! Yay for days of exercise! I had a bit of a cake episode last week as well, which I also don’t want to go into, but know you are not alone in this kind of struggle 😔.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie Me too. I hate headaches. Dang, that is hot! Yes, thank goodness for AC. Yeah, the migraine went away but there is some lingering headacheyness (is that a word? LOL) that has been there all week. I'm struggling but maybe I'll do better today. Yeah I wasn't here yesterday, our internet was out and we didn't know what to do with ourselves lol. My husband couldn't use the Tonal, I couldn't do my morning routine with you all and the computer, it was awful lol. That's great you did your 2 days of exercise. That is an interesting concept about the thermostat. It's not too bad here, maybe in the high 70s low 80s. Oh that sounds awful to walk in.

@Tamevv Great job sticking with your plan! I'm glad you can be flexible about the change in plans. That would be hard for me, once I plan something, it upsets me greatly to change lol. I'm glad to share my recipes. :D

Hello all. It's been a day or so since I've been here. Our internet was down yesterday. What to do? LOL It was awful! I've not been tracking but have been eating pretty decently. I think I needed a break from tracking. I think I will track today.

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Good morning! It's been a while since I've checked in. Nothing bad is happening here. Just been busy with work stuff and home life. I'm doing fair on my diet but need to tighten up my fasting window and eat less food. Why does food have to be so dang tasty!! :grin: I did read all your posts! <3
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, yesterday was good on somethings and not so good on others...like, baby girl ate the last piece of cake, but she only eats the frosting, so I had the cake..LOL did my exercise, kept up on all my to do's...even though all I wanted to do was sit and read a book.LOL

@trooworld yea it's amazing how much we depend on phones and internet..LOL. I too have the headachy thing going on. I think it's the barometric pressure...it's cloudy today.

@Tamevv You are doing great in spite of restrictions put on you by others. LOL. Just enjoy your vacation, the rest will fall into place.

@TeresaW1020 Good to hear from you, glad all is well and you are just busy...wouldn't it be fun if all was well and you were just too into a book to check in? LOL

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,215 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    I'm in MN now with my daughter. Been here for 2 days now. I can tell my post-covid lungs don't seem to work as well as my old ones did. We were just walking around the mall today and I was so out of breath. I told my son he had to slow down. So I guess stamina needs to build back up. I had the best sandwich today. It sounded yucky on the menu but that was my choice. Sweet potato sandwich with grilled onions and cheese. Then I chose 1/2 apple/arugula salad instead of fries. So I need to remember this the next time things don't look appealing to me on the menu.

@trooworld Thanks for sharing the book. It sounds good.

@Teresaw1020 Let's both get back to our programs. This is Covid day 13 for me. I'm out and about now. But still have a stuffy nose and some days I wake up with a headache.

@tamevv Sounds like you are still doing well. I skimmed though so I will say that. How was your weigh in? I agree. Sometimes a good weigh in can let your brain go a couple of different ways.

@cbabie I was just on Pinterest and saw PB bread and thought of you. lol So back to your program too. Exercise and water. That's your assignment for tomorrow.

@gemwolf110 You're getting closer to making your dreams habit. Just keep putting on the pieces together and a good school/program will come your way. What good choices did you make today? Mine was the sweet potato sandwich instead of the cheeseburger.

I need to plant my flag and say Today will be the reboot of my program. Life has been so topsy turvy lately. Will continue for awhile though. So I just need to get started again.

• trooworld
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Good to hear from you! I've been thinking of you. Yes, food is tasty! :D Have a good day.

@cbabie Great job on the exercise and not eating all the cake! And you did your to-dos, great! Yeah, I get headaches when there are changes in the barometric pressure, that's probably it.

@theslightedgeforever I'm glad COVID has left the building but that stinks about your lung capacity. Actually, that sandwich sounds pretty good to me! Great choice, having the salad instead of fries.

Hi all. I had such a busy day yesterday, I feel like I need to take it easy today. I still have a slight headache, I may try to do the Tonal even though I have this kinda headache. My friend comes tomorrow morning. I'm excited.

Water yesterday: 60 oz

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I'm in MN now with my daughter. Been here for 2 days now. I can tell my post-covid lungs don't seem to work as well as my old ones did. We were just walking around the mall today and I was so out of breath. I told my son he had to slow down. So I guess stamina needs to build back up. I had the best sandwich today. It sounded yucky on the menu but that was my choice. Sweet potato sandwich with grilled onions and cheese. Then I chose 1/2 apple/arugula salad instead of fries. So I need to remember this the next time things don't look appealing to me on the menu.

@trooworld Thanks for sharing the book. It sounds good.

@Teresaw1020 Let's both get back to our programs. This is Covid day 13 for me. I'm out and about now. But still have a stuffy nose and some days I wake up with a headache.

@tamevv Sounds like you are still doing well. I skimmed though so I will say that. How was your weigh in? I agree. Sometimes a good weigh in can let your brain go a couple of different ways.

@cbabie I was just on Pinterest and saw PB bread and thought of you. lol So back to your program too. Exercise and water. That's your assignment for tomorrow.

@gemwolf110 You're getting closer to making your dreams habit. Just keep putting on the pieces together and a good school/program will come your way. What good choices did you make today? Mine was the sweet potato sandwich instead of the cheeseburger.

I need to plant my flag and say Today will be the reboot of my program. Life has been so topsy turvy lately. Will continue for awhile though. So I just need to get started again.

Yes so true. I’ve tracked in WW and pre tracked today. I definitely need to adjust what I put in my coffee and eat more fruits and veggies.

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options

@cbabie Gotta love a girl that loves frosting! At least she saved you from all those sugar calories. :grin: I do have some books I need to start reading, but my sister and I just started a 3000 piece puzzle and you know how I love my puzzles!

@theslightedgeforever I’m glad you are out and about now. Yes, you need to take it easy and not overdo it until you are fully recovered. When I had Covid it took quite a while before my lungs felt fully OK. I think I would have loved that sandwich! Yes, let’s get back on our programs! :)

@trooworld have a great time with your friend! :)

Good morning! Not much going on today. My friend is coming over for coffee later to get to know my sister, so that will be fun. My sister and I are thinking of joining a TOPS group. We’ve both done TOPS years ago and it can be fun to be a part of an accountability group. They don’t adhere to any particular diet, and it doesn’t cost that much. I emailed the area coordinator to find out more info on two chapters that would work for us, so stay tuned for more info. :grin:
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, well I lost my streak on exercise..life happened yesterday morning and it was just plain to hot later to exercise...even in the house. I am going to get off here and do my routine of walking in my room via YouTube....and went to the store yesterday and bough some fruit...it will be good cold!!!!

@trooworld ENJOY your company...better than having dogs..LOL. Seriously have fun and yes I am still fighting the slight headache...and yesterday it felt like I had arthritis in my hand...UGH So I think the weather is playing games with me. LOL

@TeresaW1020 oh how fun to have your friend over. Yes I know you love your puzzles. I have a friend who belongs to TOPS and she and her DH have so much fun at their get togethers. She is always posting what her and DH eat when they eat out...they usually share a meal and desert. LOL

@theslightedgeforever Yes I have to get back on track...I look like MOM..UGH. (gals I love my mom, but her health was not great) so water and food tracking back ON...

Cbabie