NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,890 Member
    Options
    @Tamevv Thank you so much! Yeah, I'm getting older, too, and need to be careful. You are doing fabulous with the exercise! How cool is that, being consistent? Snacks are hard for me, too. I'm glad you are feeling good. The card game is called "Wizards of the Grimoire", it's a two-player game that was originally on Kickstarter but they released it to the public. It's really fun and pretty easy to learn (we did have to watch a YouTube video to really "get it"). It's kind of like playing Magic but it isn't nearly as complicated. Each game lasts about 60-90 minutes: https://wizardsofthegrimoire.com/

@theslightedgeforever Yeah it was pretty. That's too bad about the rain. I'm glad you still at least went for a walk despite the weather and your family canceling on you. My knee feels okay today but yesterday it was still hurting.

Hi all. I forgot to track yesterday so I went back and tracked for yesterday and pretracked for today. It's been so hot lately but it is supposed to get even hotter today through the weekend. I'm not looking forward to it.

Water yesterday: 60 oz

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,563 Member
    Options
    Morning all, I am sorry I haven't been on here...life just seem to take me where it wants these days. I am restless, didn't sleep much last night, trying to figure out this new life of mine. I can't drive and asking people to take me places is not my thing...I walked to CVS which is very close to my house to get a gift card for my youngest grandson, took baby girl in her stroller..I am going to try to walk the neighborhood, just to get out of the house. I ate my anger last night and it shows today..I am really pushing to take care of me and not everyone else and not to listen to their 2 cents worth..LOL. I am tracking ugly and good...LOL

@Tamevv reflection is good, I was reading in my Bible today and a verse caught my eye...."The levites got to work right away". I thought, that was my word for the day...get to work right away, sharing with you. You have been making some good choices...I laughed about the little things we all not get excited about when eating. LO

@theslightedgeforever oh now I see why you chose them...okay I will have to look at them again. Yea for going on your walk, I love going by myself...it's a "me time"

@trooworld I am so sorry you are still fighting depression, I just read the pills the Dr put me on, one of the side effects are depression, etc...I laughed and said well it is what it is... I am doing better, just don't like losing some of my independence for a bit..I have never like depending on other people...so learning the work arounds..LOL. yea on the hike, sorry about the knee. So glad you stayed up playing games with DH, that is a good thing, (even though you probably won't feel that this morning) LOL

@TeresaW1020 Yea on no cancer, hugs on Joe not being exactly the same as he was before. I am glad you have family there to fill the gap. You know I think our weight thing is a journey...just like life we have good days and bad days...weight up, weight down..Maybe we should all be singing the tune...what goes up MUST come down. LOL

Cbabie
  • Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    @trooworld thanks! I’ll go look it up now. We do play magic, but some times it does my head in, so a simpler variant would be nice for times when maybe just the kids and I can make it more relaxed 😊.

Our weather has definitely reached the turning of the season - it never really lines up with the calendar but I love seeing the trees and flowers announce the change. So I’m really enjoying short walks during work and can’t wait to hit the bush soon.

@cbabie Ooh Having to rely on others for mobility is tough - I hate that sense of being a burden, but don’t let it make you a hermit. It’s probably a good chance for others to feel like they can be helpful to you, after so many years of you doing things for them. It’s great that you enjoy the walks on your own - must help with the motivation to get up and do it if it feels like personal time.
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,217 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    @Tamevv You get the gold ribbon for the day for your commitment to exercise. Look at the good habit you are making. The rest will come later. My dd and I play cards every Saturday night when I'm home. We play virtually using our phones. But when together we like to play Phase 10. They look like UNO cards but in a way it's kind of like playing Rummy too. First player to get through all 10 phases wins. We also play online Phase 10 when we are apart. Our current choice of game is online Parcheesi.

i9xai28g8p09.jpg

Today: 14/24 Cherries, Potato, Lettuce, tomato, onion

• trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie That sucks that you can't drive. I would have a hard time with that, too. I'm glad you are tracking. Oh no about the side effect, that stinks. Does the doctor know your history with depression? Hugs to you, my dear friend! I'm so sorry you are going through this. <3

@Tamevv Yes, I know what you mean about Magic! It does the same for me. Just know that it is only a two-player game, no more than 2 players. So, it might not work for you and your family. What season is it there?

@theslightedgeforever I love how you and your daughter play games together while apart. That looks fun. Lettuce, tomato, onion--- that sounds like you either had a sandwich or a burger lol.

Hi all. My depression is getting a little better each day. I'm glad about that. Today, I woke up with the beginnings of a headache. I hope it goes away soon or I'll take medicine. It's so very hot here already this morning grrrrrh.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, I went for a walk yesterday late and I did YouTube walk video in the AM...Baby girl did the video with me..LOL Didn't eat too well, but it is what it is.. taking the journey!

@trooworld Thank you for your hugs!! Felt them...I woke up with a headache too...I think it's the air...it's HOT here too!! I hope you feel better. Glad the depression is lifting..

@tamevv so what does hit the bush mean? You know I am such a literal person, with a cartoon mind..I could see you running and jumping into a bush...LOL. I am ready for our seasons to change, even though we really don't have color changes here...but the weather..I am tired of HOT.

@theslightedgeforever You know we never play games..I think it's because my DH always cheated in Monopoly...LOL.

Cbabie
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @Tamevv The challenge is something that trooworld and I are doing in our team Mission Slimpossibles in the challenge group Fat2Fit that we belong to. Trooworld is our awesome captain of our team. If you want to know more you can look at the registration link. They let new members at the beginning of each month. If you join, just request that you be put on our team. ;)Registeration

@theslightedgeforever Yeah, it’s really hard accepting how different our relationship is since Joe got sick and started showing signs of dementia. I battle my emotions almost daily, but I’m determined to love him as much as I’ve always done. :)

@cbabie I’m glad that you are working on taking care of yourself. Learning a new normal or way of life is a real battle that you just have to fight your way through. Glad you are tracking and owning it all. Yup, it sure is a journey and singing is a good idea! :grin:

@trooworld Glad you are feeling better with your depression and I really hope that your headache didn’t get worse. I know you are counting down the days until fall. I am too!! :)

Hi everyone! Well, I lost 2 lbs. yesterday at TOPS which wasn’t that great since I gained 2.5 lbs. the week before. But at least I’m back to losing. I’m hoping for a loss on Friday my Fat2Fat weigh-in. I went through the drive-thru at Starbucks and saw that my beloved pumpkin spice scone is back. Ugghhhh! I told myself NO and ordered my unsweetened ice coffee with a very tiny splash of cream. I might need to stay away from there until December. :grin:
  • Tamevv
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever Thanks! Yep I feel great for all the exercise, although I have had a few arguments in my head along the lines of “why bother because you know it is not sustainable long term, so what’s the point?”, but I am getting good at telling those voices where to go. I know I won’t keep this level up forever, but for now it is making me feel great 😁. Thanks for the games, I have heard if phase 10 but don’t thing I’ve played it. Haven’t heard of the other, will look it up today. It is a great way to connect with the kids. Sometimes DH gets a bit intense with his games and it would be nice to have more on hand I can just pull out with the kids more readily.

@trooworld First day of spring today!! I love spring 😁. One of the things that is motivating me right now is a specific dress I wore a couple of years ago that DH commented he really liked (he doesn’t comment on my appearance much, even when I make an effort 😔) so I’d really like to get back into it this season. It’s fine about 2 player games - these days intentional interactions with the kids seem to go better one on one anyway). I hope the headache didn’t develop.

@cbabie Welcome to the good-exercise-less-good-food month 😂. Great work on the TWO walks. I remember exercising years ago with the kids and they joining in my yoga - remember loving it. Fingers crossed I’ll be able to do it again in a decade or two (both for their existence and my body still being physically able!). HAHAHAHA , yep, in this case literal is fine 😂. We have a bush property where we camp and I love it. Just a swag and a fire and a small shed with supplies so we don’t have to lug everything up there every time. I’m hoping to go for the day on Saturday.

@teresaw1020. Thanks for the info! Sounds great. Im definitely keen to find out more about fat2fit - I tried to google it but just came up with comments about it - not much on the actual program itself. I’ll have another look later. Pumpkin spice scones sound awesome!! Good thing we don’t have Starbucks here 😊. Just the other day I was buying my fancy bread from Bakers Delight and I looked for their specialty “lamington scone” - thankfully they were out 😊

So I’m up again and done exercise - yay for me, but I did have a small chocolate episode yesterday. Went into my shopping trip knowing I really wanted a small chocolate treat - just a small one because I knew I was craving (haven’t had real chocolate for weeks). Alas, voices for the better of me and by dinner a whole pack of mini-picnic bars was gone 🙄. I did stop only one snack into the Milky Way bag and today the rest of it is going in kids lunch boxes to share with friends!! Mental note - next time I’m weak and the shopping NEEDS to be done, send a child with a specific list and GO HOME!!

Anyway as my tone probably implies, I’m not devastated, saved only by the knowledge that otherwise I’ve been doing well (enough). Kinda links in to the exercise comment i made to slightedge - I know this is not sustainable forever and I know I am always going to snack and enjoy sweets, so if I can work a way to include them and control them, that is better than depriving them altogether. Gee, look how “together” i sound….go me 😊). (And yeah, as I type that, the voices are chirping away about how it will never last and just a phase and I’m never going to fit the dress and I’m being an idiot even trying…….I hate my head 😢)
  • Tamevv
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 @trooworld
    Hi again, I’ve had a look at the challenge group and am keen to join - I like the look of the weekly challenges and added motivations . And I leave for a trip on 4th sept to see family and friends I haven’t seen in some cases for years, so another way to keep on track and motivated sounds very appealing 😊. That said, I am conscious of being that annoying new person who crashes every party and the original group are too polite to tell to go away. Please make sure if it starts to feel like that, that you let me know - I’d rather be told these things at the time than be resented later 😊
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld Yaay on going back and tracking your food. No hamburger or sandwich yesterday. I actually had to go back and check. lol I had already forgotten. I had a Caesar salad for lunch with some potato soup and then for dinner I had some rice with sauteed onions and tomatoes with spices.

@cbabie Same for you. Tracking makes us aware of what we are eating. Your dh cheats at the game Life too.

@Tamevv Phase 10 is fun and they also have it online. So it's easy to play someone. My son likes to join us occasionally. I love when the leaves start turning. Parcheesi is like the games Trouble or Aggravation. Oh I see you are opposite of us in seasons. Remember all this is us learning how to eat healthier. I'm the kind that chocolate and sweets/popcorn will always be in my life. So I'm learning to have my cake and eat it too. Keep portion sizes small. Plus I'm learning to add veggies into my life. I've put on some weight and can't zip up a quilted vest that I wore 2 winters ago. So that's one of my goals.

@teresaw1020 Woohoo on the 2 lbs lost. Plus passing up that pumpkin scone. I keep looking at the pumpkin swiss roll cake every time I go to WalMart. I keep saying no because I'm not saying no to other things right now.

Today: 10/24 Cherries, grapes, pineapple

I went to the gym tonight. Later than my normal and was only going to do 30 min but ended up with 49. So that's good. Family has been keeping me busy at my normal exercise time and yesterday didn't get around to it. So I said I HAVE to do it tonight.

• trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie I bet that was cute for baby girl to do the workout video too. Great job with the exercise! I think headaches are definitely in the air. I do feel better, thanks.

@TeresaW1020 I am counting the days until fall! :D Congrats on the loss, WTG! Pumpkin Spice scones sound right up my alley. I will stay away from Starbucks lol.

@Tamevv That's so cool how we are in opposite seasons. It is about to be Fall here. I love Spring, too. That's good you have a goal dress to work towards, that's a good idea. Oh that's good about the card game. I think you would like it if you like Magic. Great job with the exercise! Sorry about the chocolate mishap. I think you are right about working them in and controlling them. You will NOT be told to go away in our group! We love chatters, there are a lot of us on that board lol, and you would make a great addition to the team! I'm so glad you are going to join!

@theslightedgeforever Oh that is surprising, I thought for sure it was some kind of sandwich or hamburger lol. I love all that fruit you had. Yay for the gym visit!

Hi all. My headache turned into a full-blown migraine yesterday and so I took my migraine medication. It's always a gamble because it usually makes me really nauseous to take it, and I feel worse than the migraine sometimes. But I felt okay and it took the migraine away so that was good. I'm off tomorrow for the Labor Day holiday weekend (Labor Day is Monday here, @Tamevv) and I'm off Monday. I'm so looking forward to the time off.

• cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, I am not happy with myself right now...I have gained 2.6lbs in 4 days and I know it's the stress eating and little exercise. So it's 9/1, the first day of the month and I have to make this month count. It's vital to my health and the health of my family.

@theslightedgeforever Yes you are correct and I think I MUST do more veggies, not sure why I don't eat them, I love cooked veggies..

@trooworld Sorry for the migraine, but glad the meds worked. Enjoy your time off, relax and do something YOU like.

@TeresaW1020 yea on the loss and yes you are back in the right direction. My DH seems so much more anxious these days, than I ever remember him being. So I totally understand, yes we love them the same...(even if he does cheat on games) LOL

@Tamevv You are doing great in your mindset...you know it really is our mind that either helps us or defeats us...so I am in your corner cheering you on....

Cbabie
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Hi All

Happy September! Can’t believe it’s already September. Looking forward to the upcoming autumn weather. Fall and Spring are my favorite seasons. Hope everyone has a great day!

Missy
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld Glad to see your migraine went away. Are you still doing your Tonal?

@cbabie So let's explore why you don't eat cooked veggies if you like them.
    a. Are they in your house? Do you buy them?
    b. Takes too long to cook?
    c. Don't know how to fix them?
    d. You don't plan ahead to eat vegetables that day

Do any of these ring a bell? I always had good intentions to eat more f&v but that wasn't getting me anywhere. So I started with eat one fruit at breakfast. I've been doing really good with this. Right now it's either cherries or applesauce. So now I'm adding, eat one serving of cruciferous veggies at lunch. So I bought a bag of frozen cauliflower, broccoli, and carrots and a bag of Brussels sprouts. I took half of each and added a bit of olive oil and spices and then air fryed them. They were good. So now I have some cooked for tomorrow that I can just grab and eat.

@gemwolf110 Yes hard to believe it's already September. Are you more active in the fall? Well probably raking all those leaves.

Today: 15/24 f&v: Cherries, pineapple, grapes, strawberries, brussels sprouts, cauliflower, carrots, broccoli

I went to the gym and did my hill/sprint program plus stretching. I couldn't finish my last sprint interval. So that's an obstacle I'll have to get over.
  • Tamevv
    Options

Hi all, I did quite a long reflection this morning but it’s not coherent enough to put here. Suffice to say I’ve been pondering how best to move into the new month and where my focus should be. I’m going to keep up exercise but sort of seperate it from my weight loss goals. Exercise needs to be about health and strength for me - physically and mentally. But weight loss -the numbers - is all about self esteem and feeling comfortable in my body. I learned from WW that if I ate my exercise points I’d gain. I am going to disconnect my watch from MFP and not “earn” any extra calories. I need to get my eating under control. A couple of strategy ideas for that, and will see how they play out. Had today pre-tracked before work but mental busy so no breaks, but then a surprise morning tea in my honour (joint with 2 others) and a speech and photos and everything so I couldn’t not partake and be appreciative. Did ignore the voices during supermarket trip (special requests for dinner) and came home to get straight into dinner prep. Holding off on food till DS gets home cause we had planned an afternoon tea together and dinner pre-track has to change now so I don’t know where I’ll come out on calories today. Gosh I can ramble. Sorry. It has been a big day. Still 7 hours till bed time.
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    @trooworld Glad to see your migraine went away. Are you still doing your Tonal?

@cbabie So let's explore why you don't eat cooked veggies if you like them.
    a. Are they in your house? Do you buy them?
    b. Takes too long to cook?
    c. Don't know how to fix them?
    d. You don't plan ahead to eat vegetables that day

Do any of these ring a bell? I always had good intentions to eat more f&v but that wasn't getting me anywhere. So I started with eat one fruit at breakfast. I've been doing really good with this. Right now it's either cherries or applesauce. So now I'm adding, eat one serving of cruciferous veggies at lunch. So I bought a bag of frozen cauliflower, broccoli, and carrots and a bag of Brussels sprouts. I took half of each and added a bit of olive oil and spices and then air fryed them. They were good. So now I have some cooked for tomorrow that I can just grab and eat.

@gemwolf110 Yes hard to believe it's already September. Are you more active in the fall? Well probably raking all those leaves.

Today: 15/24 f&v: Cherries, pineapple, grapes, strawberries, brussels sprouts, cauliflower, carrots, broccoli

I went to the gym and did my hill/sprint program plus stretching. I couldn't finish my last sprint interval. So that's an obstacle I'll have to get over.

Yes definitely between the leaves and it’s much cooler outside for the dogs to walk in. Summer is tough for them as they are huskies and the pavement gets too hot for their paws.

• trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie You've got this! I believe in you. Thank you, I'm looking forward to the time off!

@gemwolf110 I know, right? Fall is my favorite season. Have a great day!

@theslightedgeforever Me too. Not right now but I will. Great job with the F&V and the gym. Maybe you couldn't finish the sprint interval but you made the effort.

@Tamevv That's a good idea to disconnect your watch from MFP. Congratulations on the honor you received at work!

Hi all. Yay I'm off today!!! I am so excited. I am going to do some crafts and maybe go to the used book store. I don't know that I will do anything else. I've been tracking, so that's good. I cannot seem to go under my daily points.

Water yesterday: 30 oz

• Tamevv
    Options
    @trooworld Yay for days off 😊. And double yay for tracking!! I’m quiet today too, which is good cause I’m not feeling great. And if anyone takes issue with anything today, not sure if I’ll be strong or not 😔. Doing well so far tho - exercised and during errands DS wanted to go buy chocolate so I stopped in at the market first and got some fresh veggies and bought myself a juicy red apple, which I munched on through his chocolate shenanigans. That’s a win. Also pre cut myself a tossed salad this morning ready for lunch so I won’t partake in the cheesy toasties the others have requested. Like you, I’m still struggling to come under calorie goal, even when I exercise and eat great meals. That must tell you something about my evenings and it’s really quite embarrassing that I can’t control myself better 😔. I have all the strategies and know the theories - I just have to engage self control. Maybe today will be the day though 🤞.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @Tamevv Yes! :D I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. was a good idea to get the veggies and apple. That's a definite win. Yeah, I'm eating pretty healthy MEALS right now, it's the snacks that get me. Usually at work. Try not to feel embarrassed, a lot of us struggle with this. Have a good Saturday!

Hi all. I lost 2 lbs this week. I'm a bit surprised I lost as I got into chips and ice cream this week and was way over on my points. Yesterday, instead of grabbing peanuts or graham crackers, I grabbed some fresh grapes. They are starting to edge towards bad, so I took the rest of them and divided them up into bags, and put them in the freezer. I plan on reaching for them instead of ice cream. We are celebrating my SIL's birthday today. I have to make a chocolate cake and we are picking up Chinese food. I'll have a small piece of chocolate cake and I'll try to pick stuff with veggies. I need to adjust my menu for this week because today will be high in points. Here are the dishes I know I will make:
    Spicy Peanut Tofu Bowls - https://pinchofyum.com/spicy-peanut-tofu-bowls
    Cashew Chicken and Broccoli - https://www.gimmesomeoven.com/cashew-chicken-and-broccoli/
    Slow Cooker Mississippi Pork Roast - https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/slow-cooker-mississippi-pork-roast
    Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes - https://www.skinnytaste.com/instant-pot-mashed-potatoes/

I'm pulling stuff from the freezer for Sunday and Wednesday. I just need to replace one high-point meal on Tuesday. I'm making the below for breakfast on Monday, if it is good, I may make more for later in the week:
    Ful Medames - https://feelgoodfoodie.net/recipe/ful-medames/
    I'm buying Labneh to serve with it.

Water yesterday: 30 oz

• cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, I didn't do great yesterday...emotional and ate more calories than I should have. Woke up with a headache, but it is finally going away. Went for a walk last night so that was the positive in my day.

@trooworld YEA on the loss..I love your meal planning...I am getting better at that to bring my stress levels down. Birthdays...at least they are spread out through the year..LOL

@Tamevv I agree with Trooworld...don't be embarrassed, but I know the feeling...see we all struggle with that wonderful night time/snack eating...That's why we are all here to encourage each other and be a life support. I am eating greek yogurt with bananas this week instead of Ice cream....but emotionally it didn't stop me from eating the tops off of the little cupcakes I buy for my daughter yesterday..LOL

@theslightedgeforever yea it's probably because I don't cook them and don't meal plan very well..working on it..I am struggling with breakfast foods. I always have eaten "carbs" for my breakfast, but lately oatmeal and yesterday mini shredded wheats got my tummy rolling..so not sure today what I will eat..it's a mind thing..I know this about me. Glad to see you are working a plan..

@gemwolf110 WE don't get the leave change here...but I do love fall and all that goes with it..

Cbabie