NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,567 Member
    Options
    Afternoon all, my life has been so non routine..UGH. I need to figure out how not to be so tied to my routine..NOT..it's the only thing that keeps me sane. LOL. I haven't done any tracking and no exercise. I feel much better today in my mind about things as I did get a good report from the Dr the other day. Only thing was I walked in and ALL the patients waiting were old and in a wheelchair. I thought if I don't stay on track that will be me someday.LOL

@theslightedgeforever Loved the sign, thanks

@trooworld OH MY about the pie...I would have been so upset. It's the little things LOL. glad you just moved on to a different way to have pie. I LOVE strawberry pie. Hope the bug leaves you alone the remainder of the day and finds someone else to bother

@gemwolf110 You know you got on here when it was possible, that's what matters..Hope your Easter was good.

@ravynpearce Welcome!! I understand how the coaching kept you accountable but it sounds like you took those skills to heart that you helped others with and are getting you out of your funk and keeping your health a priority. Great job. So glad you are here

Cbabie
  • senoritafloridita
    senoritafloridita Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi peeps, this is just a fly by for now. I actually started two jobs last week so now my schedule is insane during the week. One of the good parts is, besides, the money, is being so busy that I have much less time to eat or sit around thinking about eating. I will try to catch up more this weekend.
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    @trooworld I think I found it on Pinterest. :'( on the pie crust. I hate wasted effort. I'm okay. I've been extremely tired the past two days. No exercise. I seem to be waking up every hour looking at the clock saying is it time to get up. I am making me a little virtual health and fitness binder though. I've been working on that. Yaaay on the extra water.

@gemwolf110 I have that happen sometimes. Today it was happening with my bank app. It would immediately log me off before I did anything. So I went to the bank to see if there was something they could do plus check my balance. It worked with no problem. :sigh:
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,905 Member
    Options
    @cbabie I love routine, too. That's good you got a good report from the doc. I was very upset about the pie, especially because we were eating it and my husband goes, "This would have been so much better with your pie crust" lol. It IS the little things! LOL

@senoritafloridita Wow, that's a lot of work lol! Looking forward to hearing more this weekend. Good to hear from you.

@theslightedgeforever I hate the wasted effort, too: it took about 2 hours to make that crust! :( That stinks about your sleep, that's kind of what I do. It's gotten a little better but still, I wake up about 3-4 times in the night. Enough to not sleep well. That's cool, can you share more about your virtual binder? What kind of things do you have in it? Is this a Pinterest or Trello board?

Hi all. Well, I didn't feel well at work. My tummy troubles morphed into pain, feeling like someone punched me in the stomach. I was miserable from about 11-2:30 when I finally got some ginger ale and crackers from the cafe. I didn't eat lunch because I was in pain, that's saying something lol. So, once I was feeling better, I got hungry but didn't want to eat until dinner. I ate a small amount of dinner (pot roast with veggies) and went to bed. I feel okay today.

Water yesterday: 50 oz

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • cbabie
    Options
    Afternoon all, I think I ate everything bad yesterday. Dinner was a cheese crisp. I am really working on being aware of what I am eating and trying to do better..just not tracking. Not because I don't want to know what I ate, but just can't seem to fit it in. I am so pulled in so many directions. I have been trying to do taxes for 6 days...too many things going on. So eating is what it is. I did make salmon and asparagus last night, but since I hate Salmon, that is where the cheese crisp came In. LOL

@theslightedgeforever virtual binder? Should be good knowing you. I hope you get back to feeling less tired.

@trooworld I am sorry you had whatever it was you got..I swear there is always something going around. However, I am glad you feel better.

@senoritafloridita. Glad to see you stop by. wow I am not sure I could do 2 jobs..LOL. Glad you are sort of enjoying the benefits of working 2 jobs. LOL. We hope to see you when you can.

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie You and me both need to get back to tracking lol. I hope you get your taxes done. Yeah you are right, always something going around. Thanks.

Hi all. For some reason, I didn't want to eat what I brought for breakfast yesterday so I ate a small breakfast burrito from the cafe at work. I didn't eat lunch as I had to make a phone call on my lunch and didn't want to eat in my office on the clock. So, I just ate breakfast and dinner yesterday again. My stomach was a little bothered in the afternoon so I drank another ginger ale and that helped.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning, I am still not tracking, Sometimes I wish health wasn't so hard. LOL You know we put a man on the moon, can't we have something that as we eat things it just scans with a push of a button and our food journal is completed. LOL

@trooworld wouldn't it be nice to have a bug that just takes away our cravings in the evenings and 1 meal a day? We wouldn't have to track. LOL

Cbabie
  • Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I’m staying with in laws this week and next, and hoping to see some other relatives along the way. Honestly, it’s not going great 🫤. But on the positives I’m walking lots and eating pretty well. The plus side of staying with other people is no access to random stashes of food for snacking 😊.

• trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie Me too, my friend. <3 Yes, that would be nice! lol My husband eats one meal a day, at dinner, and I don't know how he does it. He's had great success with it.

@Tamevv Sorry that you are struggling. That's good you are walking a lot.

Hi all. I lost 1.6 lbs this week. I just bounce back and forth like a ping-pong ball lol. I probably could have lost more this week but I haven't been doing well with water. I'm going to meet a friend for a doggy birthday party tonight at a brewery. It should be fun. I'm not going to bring either dog because if I bring one, I have to bring the other, and we don't know how well Violet would do.

Water yesterday: 25 oz

• cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, I did terrible yesterday. I seem to be in a funk and I have to get out of it. I think I am fighting depression to be honest. But as they say, this too shall pass.

@trooworld yea on the loss. I hope you enjoy the night with your friend. Get some me time to relax and refresh.

@Tamevv Good to hear from you. Yes that is a positive about staying with other people. Yea on the walks, I was just saying to myself I need to take the kids on a walk today and get out of the house.

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie It's hard to eat right and get motivated to track when you are fighting depression. I'm sorry you are struggling. Yes, this too shall pass. Well, last night ended up being "we time": my husband went with me. But that's okay, it was fun.

Hello all. The doggy birthday party went well. It was fun, it was a fundraiser for a dog rescue group so all the money went to a good cause. I need to try to get Daisy, our older pug, into the vet today: she's having some pain and I'm worried.

• theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @cbabie If you eat alot of the same foods or meals, MFP just allows to you copy and transfer. Easy peasy. Sorry you are struggling with depression. Virtual binder is just an online notebook that other people would print out the pages for tracking exercises, calories, challenges, etc. I hate wasting paper.

@tamevv Yeah, inlaws can be fun. I think I ate alot in those days to keep my mouth shut and not say anything I shouldn't. :| Now I don't care what I say. LOL Think of the good times. I used to walk alot to get out of the house and stress relief.

@trooworld Yaaay on your weight loss.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever How are you doing? You have been awfully quiet, I hope you've just been busy.

Hi all. Daisy will be okay, that's good. I am taking Violet and going to walk in the park while my husband plays basketball. It should be fun. Then going to the farmer's market. I have some other running around to do but I hope to relax at some point.

Water yesterday: 12 oz

• theslightedgeforever
    Options
    w5qhhok2f24v.png
  • trooworld
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever I love this! I am going to post it in my other MFP group, I hope that's okay.

Hi all. I did take one of the pups and go for a walk yesterday in the park, it felt nice. I went for as long as my husband was playing basketball, which ended up being 23 minutes. I tracked yesterday, I was over, but I did track. That continues to be a struggle thanks to my perfectionism.

Water yesterday: 12 oz

• theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld I'm busy but then also out of my normal routine. That seems to always be a recipe for disaster. lol I'd love to be able to do my habits whether I'm in a normal routine or not. Although I guess that's why a Plan A Plan B is probably needed. I'm in a do nothing routine right now. Always feel free to grab anything I post. I hope it helps somebody. Yaaay on walking and tracking.

Hubby and I did a 45 min walk today. So that's done for the day.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever Ah yes. I hate being out of my routine. I'm very much a routine person. Do you have a Plan B? 45 min walk, awesome!

Hi all. I did pretty well yesterday, I tracked and ate healthily. I also drank a good amount of water. I don't want to say I'm back in the groove yet, but I'm on my way.

Water yesterday: 75 oz

• cbabie
    Options
    Morning, I am trying to find my way back to my life as I would like to have it. However, sometimes you have to go with a new life and have peace about it. LOL. I actually walked a mile today in the house while the baby was in his jumper and watching me. Now just to get to tracking. one of my daughter has lost weight, not by choice, she had oral surgery and is still having trouble eating. When I look at her I see what I could be doing and I guess you would say it motivates me to get my act together. It really is about health, but it is also how you feel in your own skin and I am not feelin it right now.

@trooworld yea on the tracking and eating. I didn't drink more than 6 oz's yesterday. I was feeling that too...

@theslightedgeforever Hope you get into your routine soon. I agree on the paper wasting. I used to do everything electronic, not sure what happened. I like having things on my phone, it's always with me.

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie You speak true words. Sometimes we have this idea in our head of how we want to be but we can't perfectly execute it so we give up instead of adjusting our vision for how we want our life to be. At least that has been my case. It IS about health. Your health. Your life. Your choices. You can do this. That is great you walked! It's a constant and focused effort to drink more water, I hate doing it, I wish I could have an IV hooked up to my arm to give me fluids lol.

Hi all. I did pretty well yesterday. I made a decision yesterday that, since I don't like breakfast and don't like breakfast foods, I won't force myself to eat it. Yesterday, I made it until 10am before I ate some deli ham and a piece of cheese. I hope to make it to at least that today. I'm sick of fighting myself lol. I tracked yesterday and drank a decent amount of water.

Water yesterday: 75 oz

• theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld I do have a plan b written out. Did I follow it? No. I think I should concentrate on smaller chunks of time like the graphic I posted the other day. Maybe I need to be using timers more. Think Madonna....Get into the Groove....Girl you're going to lose...some weight, oh yeah.
    Get up on your feet....Yeah, step to the beat...Girl, what will it be?

@cbabie I was listening to something the other day that says we can never go back to our old life because we have changed due to internal/external circumstances. So we have to forge a new path that works for us. We keep waiting on things to get back to normal. Yaaay on walking in the house. You can always go have your teeth removed..... :D

I didn't send this last night. I see it just sitting here on my computer. lol