NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,567 Member
    Options
    Morning all, I am trying 21 D Fix, I am so big on rules, I am trying this to see if it will help change my mindset on what I am eating and what is acceptable. I do know that it's most likely something I won't choose as my lifestyle, but you never know. I like my sweets and PB too much. However, if it helps me incorporate more veggies and less carbs..I have to try it. I can't believe Easter will be here next Sunday. We are starting a 2nd qtr for this year...I think I was sick the whole 1st qtr. So glad to be over Covid, back is better..I Just know to be careful and not believe I am a 25 year old gymnast. LOL

@trooworld I am like your DH and my DH is like you...I just want to get there in time..I hate to be early. I was raised to be early and I think this is my push the limits part of me LOL. Glad you got there on time and enjoyed it. Oh I love Dumplings..my granny made the best..I don't know how she made them and I am sure it was not healthy but.. :)

@theslightedgeforever Funny how those "things" just POP up at the right time. :). You can't quit, who would nudge me forward? LOL

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,905 Member
    Options
    @cbabie Maybe you are someone that needs structure in your diet? Good luck, I hope it helps you. I'm glad you are feeling better all around. HAHAHA you and I would be a mess together! :D It makes me so anxious to be either on time or late. Dumplings...these weren't the kind I think you are thinking of? They had an Asian sauce and meat inside. Is that what you were thinking of? When you say your granny made them, I'm thinking of either chicken and dumplings or apple dumplings which I just love both.

Hi all. I did a lot of walking around yesterday at work. That's good. I also drank a decent amount of water. Dinner was healthy: a Skinnytaste recipe for an artichoke quiche. It was okay but I think a different cheese should be used.

Water yesterday: 75 oz

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • trooworld
    Options
    Hi all. Nothing to report today except that the tracking did not stick. The biggest roadblock with tracking for me is that, since I eat meals I make myself, I have to manually add my recipes rather than just look it up in an app. It wouldn't be too bad if I could add the recipes on my computer but, with Healthi, you can only do it in the phone app. It's kind of a pain. I do better when I add the recipes all at once after I make my meal plan rather than waiting for the day of to try to do it.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, sorry I didn't check in yesterday...wasn't a great day. The 21 D fix is not my cup of tea. However, it gives me ideas on how to tweak what I like to eat into some better choices. It is just too restrictive as I don't really like a lot of the foods listed. They are tearing up our road and the whole house is shaking...should be fun today.

@trooworld Yes I think sometimes if it's too complicated we just won't do it. Simple is a good motto..find a simple solution and it will work. LOL You are right, I was not thinking of those kind of dumplings..I just like carbs...LOL.

@theslightedgeforever Yes I have been saying that forever...I will get to it. If I can't get it done first thing before anyone gets up, it seems it won't get done in this house.

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie Sorry about your not-so-great day. That's good you learned something from the 21D fix even if it wasn't for you. Oh dear, the construction doesn't sound fun. I love carbs, too lol.

Hi all. I decided for now, if I don't feel like adding a recipe, I will find something as similar as possible that is already in the tracker database. It won't be the most accurate but it will be something. Yesterday, I did track. I also drank a decent amount of water. If it weren't for the chocolate bar and smallish cupcake I ate, it would have been a good day.

• cbabie
    Options
    Hi, went to the Dr yesterday and no different news. Just a follow up and he wants me to take my BP every day..good news was the machine I was using runs high. So I bought a new one and will have them double check that, but there was a 20 point difference between the 2 today. I will take the new one.. LOL. I have a big to do list today. I am hoping to accomplish something. :) we went from in the mid 60's to almost mid 80's today (well that 's what the weather forecast says.. This is how we get sick. LOL

@trooworld I laughed about the chocolate bar and cupcake..mine is, if I just didn't like carbs so much I would have a good day..LOL. I think we should change our mindset and say, this. I enjoyed my chocolate bar and my cupcake and had a good day. Tomorrow will be better with only half of each. LOL

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    Quick check in: Hubby and I walked yesterday 45 and today for 40 min. My VO2max has improved the last two weeks so that's good.

Hope everyone is doing well.

@retiredandlovingit None of those tornados hit close to you did they? I was watching the weather.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie Wow that's a big difference. I'm glad you got a new machine, I hope it checks out okay. Yeah our weather was a bit wacky too. I was working but I stopped at one point to walk the dogs and man, it was nice out. It's supposed to be nice today, too, I think. LOL same here, cbabie, I love carbs! :D Yes, I did enjoy both and it would have been better if I had half lol.

@theslightedgeforever That's great, good for both of you. Congrats on your VO2max number improvement!

Hi all. We are having something good tonight for dinner: grilled Halloumi wraps. Have you heard of Halloumi cheese? It's called grilling cheese because it's really easy to grill and delicious. You get it at an international or middle eastern store. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halloumi

• trooworld
    Options
    Hello all. The grilled Halloumi wraps were so good. I sort of did my own thing with the recipe. Today is going to be a busy day: I have a lot of errands and the obedience training instructor suggested we bring Violet to the park where they are doing dog training and just walk around that area to see how she does. Oh, we officially adopted Violet last night!

Water yesterday: 50 oz

u98ma3xh51cl.jpg
  • Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Been ages - sorry. Up and down still here, but exercise has been good except the last two days cause I’m on holidays again (3weeks). Leave tomorrow to visit family so food will be anyone’s guess. Drank water intentionally today though and didn’t snack except for the scheduled cake, and I ate a bowl of veggies with feta for both lunch and dinner.

Had a quick skim only, @trooworld I love halloumi! Salads, hamburgers, crackers - it goes with everything. Kids call it “squeaky cheese 😁.

I made the same decision about my trip - I’m going to try to track based on the closest thing I can find in the app - I never get past lunch with tracking cause i never use recipes and it’s too tedious and time consuming to plug everything in. But I figure approximate tracking is better than none at all, so I’ll intend to get back into the swing of that while I’m away and not having to do the actual cooking part.

Am off to bed now - hope you all are having a good day 👋

• trooworld
    Options
    @Tamevv That's good you've been consistent with exercise. I hope you enjoy your holiday. That's cute that your kids call halloumi "squeaky cheese" lol. I agree about tracking. Good luck!
  • cbabie
    Options
    Moning all, I had a terrible day yesterday with my food, but today is another day to give it a try. Didn't walk and should of it was so nice out. Let's face it, I am just not an outdoor person...however you couldn't tell it by my skin...lots of sun spots/age spots. LOL

@trooworld You dinner plate looks yummy...if it were my food, it would be just dumped and not arranged. LOL. Congratulations on the adoption.

@Tamevv Good to hear from you, yea on the exercise. Enjoy your holiday!! Get rested and relaxed and ready to start again.

@theslightedgeforever yea you are walking!!!

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    36 min walk: done

@trooworld I love halloumi cheese. Probably not any cheese I don't like.

@tamevv On tracking, if I don't know I find something similar and then choose the middle calories. That really seems to work for me.

@cbabie You are not an outdoor person...YET but you could be. So many fun things to do outdoors. How about taking the kids to the park? Swimming..... Playing kickball in the side yard. So many outdoor possibilities. Biking...... Do you have a zoo nearby? That's outdoor fun. Lots of steps and movement.
  • ravynpearce
    ravynpearce Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am a former weight watchers coach that got laid off after the sequence acquisition and I have just recently got back to my fitness pal to help me stay accountable. I am not struggling with a major amount of weight to lose, but after being a coach for so long and having that to hold me accountable I feel like I was starting to let myself go from depression and unexpected change. But nonetheless I am back here and I feel so much better after seeing the pounds drop and being able to fine tune my macros
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie Today IS another day to try again. Get out there, cbabie! Yeah, dinner was yummy. Oh I didn't really arrange it, at least not on purpose. I was too hungry to do that! LOL Thank you.

@theslightedgeforever I'm the same way, I love cheese.

@ravynpearce Hi there! I'm sorry about the layoff, that stinks. Welcome to our little home on the internet, I hope you like it here! I was on WW for years and years but finally, just quit. I'm now using Healthi to track. I come here for accountability.

Hi all. Today is a busy day, I am donating blood and have to make a strawberry pie with homemade pie crust to bring to my brother-in-law's for Easter brunch/lunch. I don't know how I'm going to get it done with my blood donation in the middle. I may reschedule it. I tracked yesterday although I had to go back and track dinner. Happy Easter, to those that celebrate!

Water yesterday: 50 oz

• theslightedgeforever
    Options
    sst0v7j6inlu.png
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @ravynpearce Welcome to the group! You will be able to provide your wisdom and support to us as we support you.

@trooworld Yaay on your tracking. Can you get at least 51 oz of water tomorrow?

Happy Easter to those that celebrate.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever I love the sign, did you see it somewhere or was this on the internet? Thanks. Yes, I can get at least 51 oz, I will start by drinking 25 oz on the way to work (that always starts my day off right). How are you?

Hi all. Well I made a beautiful crust for my strawberry pie and it slid off the table (I had it on a slippery glass trivet cooling) and fell on the floor, half falling out of the pie pan. :( So, luckily, I had a frozen pie crust in the freezer and used that. Not as good but oh well. I did reschedule my blood donation to next weekend. I didn't track yesterday.

Water yesterday: 25 oz

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Happy Easter!!! Been having issues trying to get into forums.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @gemwolf110 You are not alone. It's been very slow to load. I hope you had a great Easter!

Hi all. I seem to have some sort of a stomach bug but I have to go to work anyway. :( I may leave work early if I can't get it under control. I drank more water yesterday than the day before, so that's good.

Water yesterday: 60 oz