NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,567 Member
    Options
    Well I am not sure when I wrote this...LOL. It was never sent. However, I still feel this way.

Morning all, I am running a little behind...right now my 4 year old is playing operation...oh the days of simplicity...I believe we can all help each other...our struggle is not usually something I alone deal with. It may be at that time, but I know I am not unique. So......what is your struggle this week, what baby step are you taking to overcome that struggle. I just plain struggle...so this week my goal is to track everything no matter what to see what kind of marcos I am eating. Then I can see what "baby" steps I can take to turn this ship in the right direction...You know I only have so many years to do this and I might as well go out with a bang.

Cbabie
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning again...I went and read all the post and here is what I gathered by all of our comments. We are all still working on us, we all know what we need to do, seems most of us are feeling yucky and we need to get "us" back. So I will put the challenge out there to each of you that I posted about just now, that should have went out before. LOL. I know I didn't get time to get on here yesterday...those darn routines that get messed up have got to have a brain reset done on them.

So each of you, can you put (1) little thing you can work towards this week to get you closer to your health goal. It's not about weight, it's about health.

I got a drawer in my kitchen cleaned out yesterday and felt so good and today I found something in my closet I knew was there, but hadn't went though to find it..those two things gave me more energy to do more..
    .so my goal is to track EVERY DAY this week to find my base of what I am eating. Because truth be known...I will give in to emotions most of the time and shouldn't..last night was a 4 brownie emotional killer.

My Goal Track each day and report I tracked all bites...and try to eat 1 or more less carbs each day. Next week I can work on walking a little more...this week I can't.

Cbabie
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Hi all...I read all the posts, usually when walking on treadmill in am, but can't write on Ipad & walk at the same time, so I never get around to posting. At least I have been pretty consistent with the walking.

We got 8" of snow on Sat, but it has shrunk to maybe 3" now. Dd & fam are on spring break trip, so we are grandpuppy sitting. She is so cute, but so spoiled..mostly by us, lol. When they get back, we will be heading to OK for gd's birthday.

Dh was sick last week with sore throat for 2-3 days, tested 3 days, and always negative, but I wonder...
    Now yesterday & today, I feel crummy, not really a sore throat, more dry, but just achy. Did a test this am, it was negative, so hopefully just a cold. I would have been fine if he wouldn't have felt the need to share, lol.

I like the idea of one small thing, and also losing 1# a month. I was listening to a seminar & the Dr said the body is only capable of losing 1 ounce of fat per day, so it would take at least 2 weeks to lose one pound of fat. (anything more is water, muscle, bowel contents, etc.) In my foggy state today, I was thinking 1/3oz, but that didn't compute right, lol. So my one thing is that I have gone back to my plan from last fall, where I figured out my net calories for the weight I want to be & am going to stick with that. It didn't work then, but with the holidays, I didn't really give it a fair test. Actually, I figured for the next 5# down goal, & set it for that. When I get there, I will go with the next 5# down goal. I usually eat my exercise calories, but am not planning to this time, 1600 calories should be plenty! Oh, guess I have 2 small things, I am trying to get at least 30 different fruits & vegetables per week. I am at 16 for 2 days so far.

Hope all of us can commit to becoming healthier & the weight loss should come with it. Have a great week!!
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    trooworld wrote: »
    Hello all. I came home at about 9:30 yesterday morning. I rested up, and my head is better but I can feel like the migraine may come back. Not much else to report.

Water yesterday: 25 oz

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."

Hope your migraine is gone. Migraines stink.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,905 Member
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever Thanks, I'm glad you are feeling better. That's good you found a trainer you like. Yay for 45 mins of intentional activity! I agree about the 1 lb a month. I've been trying to lose weight for the past 20 years at least. I would have been at goal a long time ago.

Hi all. My head is better now. I'm still not tracking or doing anything I need to be doing. I can feel that I will snap out of it soon.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • cbabie
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Morning I am checking in. I tracked the last two days and agree about the 1 lb a month goal too.

Cbabie
  • Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Morning all. I’m frustrated with myself - had a good morning, didn’t snack before work and tracked breakfast, but didn’t have a firm plan for lunch so work did a cook-up and offered me food which was nice but it was unexpected and wishing now I’d said no. Didn’t finish it but ate more than I should have. I’m trying to be extra good during the days so my afternoons aren’t so disastrous. Also trying to stick to at least healthier options when I do snack. Exercise is becoming more consistent and I’m working more strength in so that’s a win.

Hope you’re all having a decent day.

• trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie Yay for tracking. Please rub off on me lol. How are you feeling?

@Tamevv I had a similar day yesterday. That's good you are sticking with healthier snacks. What are some of your favorite snacks? I need ideas lol.

Hi all. Yesterday I was in a mood. It was raining all day and I just didn't want to do life. I wasn't depressed, I just wanted to shut off my power button for the day lol. We are going to be fostering another pug. Will that pug go on to find a home or will we keep her? That remains to be seen lol. Today, I have another long dental appointment: 3 hours! They are cleaning my teeth and installing the crowns. Ugh.

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    @cbabie I've had those days. I think I'd like to go out with a whimper. Be asleep and boom. Dead. I've always said that and then mom would quote that verse about O Death where is thy sting. :) I'm struggling with consistency in posting here. I'm getting better with exercise. Food hasn't been bad overall.

@retiredandlovingit Good for you for consistency on walking. I need to get back to that. I just got over a sore throat and cough. Ds had upper respiratory symptoms and shared them with dh. Who shared his cough with me plus I got the sore throat. Twice. They didn't get that symptom. I just want my energy back. I was doing something today and thought I just need to sit down. Now I really would have been better standing but let me sit her for a moment. Yaaay on your 16 f&v

@gemwolf110 List us your wins this week.

@tamevv I'm going to take out all your buts in your post. Look how much winning you did.
    • Didn't snack before work
    • Tracked breakfast
    • Didn't eat all the food offered to me
    • sticking with healthier snacks
    • Exercise is becoming more consistent
    • Working more strength in

@trooworld I'm glad your migraine is gone. What's one small step you can do towards your goal?

Since most of us agree with the 1 lb idea. Let's do it. For March let's shoot for 1/2-1 lb since the month is already half over. Look at where you are now and let that be where you start. Then we'll see at the beginning of the month where we are.

Also let's get some accountability going. What one thing do you want to work on this week? Only thing that helps turn around inaction and the blahs is action.

Mine will be posting. I need to get better at that.
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Hi all, my one thing is to feel better. Well, did another test on Wed & it was a definite positive for Covid. Not sure I can blame dh since his were all neg, tho. Anyway, not doing much & not really feeling like eating so I have already lost my pound. (Of course it will be back soon enough. Lol)

I’ll be back when I feel better.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @RetiredAndLovingIt Oh, I missed your post, I'm sorry! That's great you've been consistent with walking. Wow, that's a lot of snow. How are you guys feeling now? I hope starting to feel better. Good luck with your new/old plan! Oh dear, I just read your second post saying you have COVID. I'm so sorry. I hope you feel better soon. <3

@theslightedgeforever I really hesitate to even say one small step because I've been trying to do that and failing and then it makes me feel worse. :( I'm not off to a good start with the 1 lb, I have gained 4.8 lbs this week.

Hi all. Well, I did drink double the amount of water yesterday than from Weds so that's good. I also made a healthy dinner, a skillet pot pie recipe from a Skinnytaste cookbook. Tonight, we are going to a "sketch party" at the natural history museum: we take our sketchbooks and they set out special specimens for us to sketch. It should be fun!

Water yesterday: 50 oz

• 1200Vmaxqueen
    1200Vmaxqueen Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi..I love this news feed.. I was ww and not happy with the changes..so I left.. I'm in day 5 and I love it here..❤️
  • trooworld
    Options
    @1200Vmaxqueen Hi and welcome! Yeah, WW changes so much and a lot of people don't like that lol. I'm glad you love it here. Are you calorie counting, or what kind of plan do you follow?

Hi all. I had fun at the sketch party last night. My water was okay yesterday, not great but not as bad as it has been. I am going to dinner tonight at a seafood restaurant with a friend and her family, it should be fun.

• theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @retiredandlovingit I'm sorry about the covid investigation. Now I wonder how many of our "flu" problems is really that. Just another strain. I don't really care as long as no long term effects and I get over it quickly.

@trooworld So start with half a step. If you don't take a step, you won't go anywhere. Start where you are on the 1 lb . Lots of it is probably sodium bloat anyway. Yaaay on the water. See, you did take a step. Sketch party sounds fun.

@1200Vmaxqueen Welcome to the group! At one time all of us followed some sort of WW program. Currently I'm counting calories and doing a wholefood type program. If I just count calories, I eat 80% processed junkfood. I was successful with a modified carb cycling program in 2019. But then that had me eating alot of meat and dairy. Not alot of vitamins and minerals in those.

I'm feeling better. I took a 30 min walk today and then did a 30 min Apple Fitness video

• trooworld
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever Thanks for your support. Sketch party was my kind of thing but not my husband's. :( I'm glad you are feeling better. Good job with the exercise!

Hi all. I didn't do much yesterday besides go to dinner. We didn't end up going to a seafood restaurant, we went to a chain restaurant called BJ's. I got an ahi tuna salad, which is really healthy and I love it. Came home and did some more artwork. Today, we have my BIL's birthday. My husband is making homemade lasagna and garlic bread. It's not what I planned for the day, but my MIL called yesterday telling us we were celebrating the birthday today and asked us to make it. I love how they wait until last minute to spring plans on our schedule. :/

• theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld I'm not much of a spontaneous person with schedules. I like things planned. Maybe you can have a little lasagna and some salad. Funny thing happened last night, my son said he was going to order some food and said what are you in the mood for? I was like, Surprise me. He brought me a salad. :) Actually, I was not in the mood for a salad. Especially because it was mostly iceberg lettuce with a couple of shredded pieces of carrot and a few slices of cucumber. I kept saying to myself, think how many calories I'm saving. The scale was down this morning, so that was good. lol Silver lining. Note to self: Don't say the words, surprise me.

Hi to everyone else

Exercise rest day
  • trooworld
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever Me neither and that's why it bugs me so much lol. I did have a little lasagna and a little salad, I wasn't full but then my MIL brought out homemade pizza and I had 2 small pieces of that. I still wasn't full. I didn't eat the rest of the day. Aw, that was supportive of your son bringing a salad! Too bad you weren't in the mood and it was kind of a crappy boring salad lol.

Hi all. Birthday celebration went well and I ate reasonably. Today is the big day, Violet comes home with us tonight. I kept telling my husband we need to puppy-proof the house but we never did so we'll learn tonight, I'm sure. She's not quite a puppy but I think she is like 2 years old which is still an age when they get into trouble. I'm very excited!

• cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, I have been MIA and I have been I think close to death....not really, but it sure has felt that way. I was tracking but Friday night I got hit with whatever the babies had and I felt like I was run over by a car and then Saturday..I felt like the car was sitting on me...I couldn't move, but did, you know crying baby makes you do things supernaturally.. LOL. I feel on the other side of it today. I am still really sore, feel like a monster is on my insides kicking me and every muscle is so sore. But I am determined to get my routine back. The good news is I lost weight due to not being able to get off the couch except to take care of kids...So my one thing goal is still to track every day..and lower my carbs in the process. (1 at a time) I have to go take care of a tired baby...I will try to post replies to everyone if I can get back on here.

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld Are you still doing Tonal? Yes I'm glad my son is noticing me eating salads.

@cbabie I'm glad you are better. You wanted to lose some weight, right? :) Just keep working on your one thing.

I had a Southwest salad for lunch. No exercise yet.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie Oh no, I'm sorry you've felt like that! I'm glad you're feeling better now. Hugs.

@theslightedgeforever I haven't used the Tonal for several weeks now. :( Yummy sounding salad. I had a salad for dinner with air-fried chicken breast.

Hi all. We got her! She's young, maybe a little over a year old, and very cute. My older dog seems to like her. I slept on the couch last night with the two pugs. It was NOT comfortable but my husband wanted me to sleep in the living room with Violet because we weren't sure if she'd pee in the bed. I hardly slept. But I'm off at 11am today so that's good, I can come home and chill.