NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,890 Member
    Options
    Hello all. I guess I beat everyone in today lol. I had a nice day yesterday, the revolving sushi place was a lot of fun and it was good to see my friend. DH and I had fun at the drive-in movies, we brought snacks and our pup and enjoyed ourselves. I am meeting a friend for coffee this morning.

Water yesterday: 12 oz

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Hello! I haven’t caught up but wanted to just say hi first before I get distracted. Weight is going up but I finally feel a little lighter emotionally so hopefully I can translate that into food choices.

Hope you are all well!! 👋

@cbabie and @trooworld thanks so much for you two keeping this board rolling along! Sorry to hear you are both struggling with things, let’s hope that we can all make a positive step or two this week. Today, mine was that I came home and made salad instead of eating ice cream ……but then had some gummy lollies after dinner 🤦‍♀️.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @Tamevv I'm glad you are feeling better emotionally. I am hoping to head off in a positive direction this week. Way to go, having the salad! Maybe it balanced out the gummy lollies later. :D

Hi all. I did not make my health a priority yesterday: I worked on artwork which took precidence over anything else. We ended up ordering pizza for dinner because I did not want to stop what I was doing and my husband sure as heck didn't want to cook. :( Hopefully it's back to business today.

Water yesterday: 20 oz

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    This past week I've been fighting the virus my family had the past couple of weeks. Today I just can't seem to stay vertical. Then we had some out of town guests pop over last night. I haven't seen them in about 15 years. They were in the area and wanted to see us. That's about all my news. I had a hard time tracking yesterday but really didn't eat much. So you think it wouldn't be hard to track, right? ;) Hopefully I'll be back to my jovial self soon.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever Oh dear, I am sorry to hear you've been sick. I was hoping you were traveling with your daughter again! I hope you feel better soon.

Hi all. I did better with my water yesterday. Still didn't track. I am not going to say I will track today because that seems to jinx anything I do when I say I'm going to do something.

Water yesterday: 67 oz

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,563 Member
    Options
    Morning all, I thought I posted yesterday.. Must have written it and didn't hit post. LOL. Wow, I got interrupted and not it's afternoon.LOL.

I am trying to figure out why I feel so yucky...hoping to come out of this soon.

@trooworld LOL I haven't heard the word jinx in a long time. I hope you are having a good day and meet your goals.

@theslightedgeforever Hope you feel better

@tamevv good to hear from you. I think we all got into a funk and are fighting our way BACK.

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie LOL time flies! I'm sorry you feel yucky. I hope you feel better soon. Jinx, yeah that's a good word, well at least an interesting word. Thank you, so far I'm not doing much for my health.

Hi all. I didn't track yesterday, I will try again today. Water was okay, better than it has been lately. I think I need to add some flavoring to my water to make it more appealing. I've also been very busy at work lately (unusually so), and not taking the time to drink my water. Or track. I'll try today.

Water yesterday: 67 oz

• trooworld
    Options
    Hello all. Another failed day. The only win was having broccoli with dinner. I will try again today.

Water yesterday: 50 oz

• Tamevv
    Options
    @trooworld. Another crap one for me too 😔. Don’t even think I’m expecting anything better tomorrow - failing is the new norm. What’s it gonna take for me to shake this?

Am off to bed 😴
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,563 Member
    Options
    Morning all, it sounds like re need a refresh in our minds and bodies. Are you all with me? I have to get this right, I have to keep trying, I have to live longer than my parents...how do you break the cycle? One bite at a time. What can you do today than it was yesterday? I can't make it too challenging or I won't do it with all that I keep on my plate. So what do i want most? More protein and veggies and less carbs. So I will TRACK today and make tomorrow 1 carb or more lower. What about you. I will post in here to keep me accountable. I want someone to say are you working or just wishing... I think it's a goal I can do...now if you guys have more insight to help me let me know.

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    @Tamevv I know what you mean, that's where I am, too. Deep in the hole. :( I hope today is better for us both!

@cbabie I'm with you! One bite at a time, one minute at a time is the way to go. Did you track yesterday? Are you working on it or just wishing for it? :P I am going to eat some veggies with lunch.

Hi all. It's RAINING again here. It is ruining my weekend plans. :( I was supposed to go to Fido Fest with my husband and good friend but we aren't going to go if it is still raining. I also want to go to a couple of art galleries, I may still do that.

Water yesterday: 75 oz

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    cbabie wrote: »
    Morning all, it sounds like re need a refresh in our minds and bodies. Are you all with me? I have to get this right, I have to keep trying, I have to live longer than my parents...how do you break the cycle? One bite at a time. What can you do today than it was yesterday? I can't make it too challenging or I won't do it with all that I keep on my plate. So what do i want most? More protein and veggies and less carbs. So I will TRACK today and make tomorrow 1 carb or more lower. What about you. I will post in here to keep me accountable. I want someone to say are you working or just wishing... I think it's a goal I can do...now if you guys have more insight to help me let me know.

Cbabie

Yes refresh is needed. I need to post more. I have been tracking daily and weighing in once a week at least. I do need to add exercise and not having store bought ice cream pretty much every night. I recently bought an ice cream maker just have to figure out how to use it so I have more control of the ice cream.

Missy
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Morning all,

Have the first week down of my new job and love it so far! It’s so much less stressful environment than my previous and the tasks are coming easy to me. New office crew are nice. Fit right in. I’m trying to make sure I eat breakfast before going in, instead of trying to eat it at Morning break or skipping it altogether. Hours are slightly different so I’m getting home earlier which means that I can get a walk in before it gets too dark.

Class is over halfway over. Been getting A’s so far. Working on a 6 page paper due tomorrow. How is everyone else doing?

Missy
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld Was 100% of your day a failure? Is there any moment at all that you made a good choice? I noticed you got in 50% water. Better than 40, 30, 20, etc. What is your overall goal for water? Did you get any of that snow I kept seeing in CA? although now I see it's raining alot.

@Tamevv Go read my post to @trooworld above. I'm learning that we can always find something good if we look hard enough for it. Sounds like alot of us are struggling right now. I think they call that the messy middle.

@cbabie Sounds like a good plan you have there. Shoot for 1 less carb or whatever. 1 more minute exercise than you did yesterday. Or one more rep. It's all in the little daily decisions we do.

@gemwolf110 Homemade ice cream sounds like a lot of work to me. lol But it does control your ingredients. Ok, a goal of posting more on here sounds good. I need to do that too. My routine has been all messed up and when it's gone nothing gets done that I want to do. Wow, your new job sounds wonderful. It sounds like it's easier to fit in a healthy lifestyle.

I had to go back and see when I last posted. I'm still not 100% but this might last a while so I need to quit just sitting around and do something. My cough is much better. A slight sore throat came back and if it doesn't go away, a trip to the doc will be needed. I think I've spent the past 6 weeks doing nothing. Food hasn't really been too bad. I've lost 1.6 lbs since mid February. So now to turn the heat up.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @gemwolf110 That's great you love your new position and fit right in. I can't believe your class is halfway over already! Wow, congrats on your As. I'm doing so-so.

@theslightedgeforever I really had a hard time finding anything positive about that day. I don't remember now, that was a day or so ago lol. Ideally, I would like to drink 75 oz of water or more a day. No snow here in the city but in our mountains, yes. It has been raining a lot. I'm sick of it lol. I'm glad you are feeling better, I've been thinking about you.

Hi all. I woke up in the middle of the night with a killer migraine so this is going to be brief. I'm still struggling. Still fighting.

Water yesterday: 25 oz

• theslightedgeforever
    edited March 2023
    Options
    @trooworld Sorry about the headache. I'm tired of feeling blasé. I need energy.

I took an 18 min walk today. I made some eggplant parmesan for lunch. Hubby didn't care for it but I loved it. I sliced the eggplant lengthwise into thin strips like lasagna noodles and just layered them with some feta cheese, diced tomatoes blended a bit with spices, brushed with some beaten egg and mozzarella. Lots of healthy foods today.

• Tamevv
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Thanks for the encouragements, I’m doing okay. Went and hid in the bush yesterday with my dog and middle child who continues to be my emotional challenge. It was really nice to cook lunch over the fire, take a walk and read books together. I’ve been doing exercise and trying to curb my snacks. Water is low.

@gemwolf110 Home made ice cream is the best - I’m jealous - my machine died years ago and I’ve never replaced it. I have a recipe for amazing home made that does not need churning but does not ice up, but it is sooo unhealthy and sooooo addictive I cant allow myself to make it. You can do all sorts of reasonably healthy treats with a churn though. Have fun with it!
  • trooworld
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever Thanks. Meds didn't help much. I feel it still there, waiting to come back. Sorry you don't have energy. Great job with the walk. I love eggplant parm. I'll take your husband's portion. ;)

@Tamevv That sounds like a nice time. I'm glad you are doing okay.

@gemwolf110 @Tamevv I have an ice cream maker and I love it. It's dangerous to have one but luckily it's just enough of a pain to make the ice cream base that I don't make it often. I have a compressor-model ice cream maker, which means I don't have to freeze any part of the ice cream maker first. I can just add the cold ingredients and it will freeze it.

Hi all. My migraine is sort of gone but sort of not. I didn't sleep well last night. I will probably go into work for a little bit just to make sure I don't have anything pressing and then come home and rest.

• trooworld
    Options
    Hello all. I came home at about 9:30 yesterday morning. I rested up, and my head is better but I can feel like the migraine may come back. Not much else to report.

• theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @tamevv I'm glad you took yourself out to the bush. Sounds very relaxing. I think we all have that one child. lol Yaaay on your exercise.

@trooworld Sorry you aren't feeling 100%. I'm a bit better today. Sore throat seems completely gone now. I'm just trying to add in more and more.

I have been doing some workouts with Apple Fitness+ and couldn't seem to get my heart rate up where I wanted it. I finally found a trainer I like today. Plus took a 15 min walk in the mall with hubby. So I got in 45 min. Busy day so far. Also got in a haircut. Need to work on the food a bit more. it will be nice when I can get all three areas to be a success at once. I wonder if that will ever happen? I was listening to a podcast yesterday and it was talking about shooting for a 1 lb a month weight loss goal. She said think about how long you have been trying to lose the weight you want before saying this is too slow. It's true for me. If I would have lost 12 lbs a year, I would have already been at goal. There wouldn't have been any back and forth stuff.