Cauliflower "Alfredo" Sauce - LIFE CHANGING.

Options

Replies

• TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    TO THE PERSON WHO WANTED IT TO BE VEGAN:

To make it vegan, use nutritional yeast in place of cheese and maybe soy (I personally don't use soy, because it messes with my thyroid meds) or unsweetened almond milk w/ some salt and cracked pepper added to it to make it savory (I'd also steep some fresh chopped flat leaf (Italian) parsley in it as well) ...

EDIT: I'm not vegan, but I pretty much know how to cook for any type of special diet, thanks to a mix of culinar training and having worked at Whole Foods for 3 years (among some other things) ...

P.S. I personally wouldn't eat this, the Italian in me strongly advises agains it, lol.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I am so sick of these FOOD HIPSTERS!! lol!, yeah I said it!, that's what you guys are!! "faw faw!, my food and food choices are far superior to your food and food choices, I am soo much better and more educated on the matter of food than you are...blah blah snarkity-snark!!, lets go and spread our awesomeness and debase these lesser mortals in their silly posts!!"
    Ok YESSS, there is the original Alfredo sauce, which is delicious, I don't think the OP is denying that, or telling people NOT to eat it, she simply found a recipe that cuts the calories-WHAT?!, people try to cut calories on here?!, of all the ridiculous things!..LOL!.

To those who don't understand why the cauliflower is in there:
    Olive oil, and milk have quite a bit of calories, so if you use LESS of the calorie rich ingredients and SUBSTITUTE using a lower calorie ingredient (cauliflower), this "FILLER" ingredient reduces the over all calories in a serving!!, it's pretty simple people!, also the cauliflower adds thickness to the sauce, as milk is runnier than cream!, any creamy sauce is made either with cream, or a "Bechamel" type of sauce which consists of flour, butter and milk to make the creamy consistency, all of which have way more calories..

Some of you might not like to reduce calories in this way, and that is fine!, but to crap on someone else's recipe and to debase it of any value is ridiculous!, who the hell do you think you are?!, LOL!.
    I for one like to scrimp and save some cals so that I can eat more!, I also exercise, and I eat calorie reduced and non calorie reduced foods too, it all depends on what I feel like eating, and what fills my daily calorie allowance...to each his/her own darnittt!!!!

THANKS OP for the recipe!!!, I'm sure it will be a life changer to some!!.

one serving of olive oil is like 100 cals and that is supposed to be a good fat...

if you don't want feedback on a recipe then don't post it in a public forum....

you can have low calorie Alfredo sauce; my mom - an Italian born in Italy - makes it all the time; she just takes out the heavy cream and never ever ever ever uses cauliflower...
  • dewsmom78
    dewsmom78 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I LOVE cauliflower. bumping for later.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    If you guys want to eat alfredo sauce, go right ahead. All you have to do is just ignore the recipe, you don't need to come on here and debase people who are just trying to share healthier alternatives. Get off your high horse. It's just sauce.

Right on!

This is the reason why I don't post any recipes and I don't start any thread in this database anymore. Most of the time people with good intentions get attacked with out of place and nasty remarks.'

If you don't like this recipe just ignore it!
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Delicious! I love all the things you can do with cauliflower. Also, if you don't like these recipes, don't read them. Silly people.
    \

I made my house out of cauliflower...
  • kjander1
    kjander1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    bump
  • errikarae
    errikarae Posts: 2
    Options
    Definitely trying this! Thank you!
  • BathtubBadger
    BathtubBadger Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • luhluhlaura
    luhluhlaura Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • jhoyett
    jhoyett Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Nope, I was about to ask the same thing...scrolled through first though! Can not WAIT to try this!
  • babyj0
    babyj0 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I'm so going to try this!
  • ndj1979
    Options
    No.

If I want alfredo. I am eating the alfredo. Cauliflower is not and never will be a good substitute for anything.... EVER.

This, i had alfredo tonight... didnt use parmesan cheese cause i didnt have any in... but my dinner came to 563 calories and that was with 250g of fresh salmon, a full avocado, egg, pasta, salad and so on...

Asda - Avocado, 100 g 191 2 20 2 0 0
    Asda - Free Range - Medium Eggs, 1 Egg 88 0 7 7 80 0
    Tesco Fresh Pasta - Pasta, 25 g 41 8 0 1 0 0
    Asda - British Baby Spinach, 30 g 9 0 0 1 42 1
    Onion - Red, Raw, 12 g 5 1 0 0 0 0
    Cucumber - With Peel, Raw, 30 gram 5 1 0 0 0 0
    Generic - Red Pepper , 32 g 10 5 0 1 0 1
    Tesco - Salad Tomato (80g), 44 g 9 1 0 0 0 0
    Cheese Mild Cheddar - Grated, 30 g 120 1 10 10 0 0
    Lidl - Semi-Skimmed Milk, 30 ml 22 1 1 1 13 0
    Tesco - Fresh Salmon, 250 g 63 0 39 51 0 0

Oops missed off the coriander(as im not a huge fan of parsley)

you put cheddar in your alfredo ....ewwwwwwwwwwww
  • lavaughan69
    lavaughan69 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump bump
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    i'd love to try this, but im vegan.

0c70ab1b018033ca70aa6e1317d43385.jpg
  • Teardrop81
    Teardrop81 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    :love: I love cauliflower.
  • Miiimii
    Miiimii Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    bump.
  • frugalafterfifty
    frugalafterfifty Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I will give this a try. Thanks. Gotta head of cauliflower in the fridge now. :)
  • trinitylyons01
    trinitylyons01 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    No.

If I want alfredo. I am eating the alfredo. Cauliflower is not and never will be a good substitute for anything.... EVER.

You have obviously NEVER had mashed cauliflower! OMGOODNESS! Ruby Tuesday has it on their menu but it's so easy to make at home. I make it just like mashed potatoes but without the extra starches and carbs. It is absolutely delicious! So, don't knock it if you haven't tried it! :-)
  • crisbabe81
    crisbabe81 Posts: 170
    Options
    bump
  • beekuzz
    beekuzz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Just bought cauliflower yesterday and picky daughter is at school. I'm on my way to the kitchen to try this before she comes home.

THANK YOU!!! :flowerforyou: