Replies

• Rinde99
    Rinde99 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Yay for you, Becs!
  • becs3578
    becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Becs Day 58 (though I think I messed up my math another the way and today should be day 59.... But I am gonna stick with 58...ha)

I am 130.2 today and so close to getting back into my 120's. Hope to reach it by day 160. Just for the mental boost I think it would give me going into the last 30 days of the challenge. In Ocotber my life gets so complicated with work and family events. This weekend I have 1 to two events a day Thursday-Sunday. Going to try to stay as focused as possible.

Also the launch (when they showcase the new class routines for les mills body classes combat/pump/flow) is this coming weekend/week. If I go Saturday 9am, Sunday at 10:30 and next Wednesday 6:30 and attend all three launches I get a free TRX class (new type
    Of fitness class gym is offering). I think you have to pay extra for this class but if I can try it for free and burn some good calories along the way...score!

Today work and body pump tonight. Fingers crossed for tomorrow's weigh in!

Hope y'all have a great day.
  • becs3578
    Options
    Using my morning off to restock my frig and freezer. Brown rice, roasted corn, and pico de gallo made and measured out. Have enough for 8 dinners (healthy and macro balanced burrito bowls.... Corn, rice, Pico, chicken, lettuce and a small spoon of sour cream)!
    9y1wu9cp292w.jpeg
    qqq6foq7yibs.jpeg
  • Rinde99
    Options
    Fantastic, Becs! Looks and sounds delicious!
  • Rinde99
    Options
    Back to C25k today for 29 minutes of jog/walk. Felt a little tougher today than Monday. Think I was running a tad faster on the running intervals and it was hotter as well. Came home and completed final day of 30 Day Fitness Challenge for 14 minutes and finished up with 20 minutes of yoga.

Going to try something new next week as soon as my book arrives from Amazon. Starting the women's version of You are Your Own Gym, Body by You. Will stop my current body resistance exercises and replace with new program to build strength and dare I dream, definition. Can't wait!

Becs: your class launches sound like fun. And only .2 away...any day now!

Aliem: congrats on your weight loss. Should feel good to be back on track with food and exercise. Are you finishing phase 2 with Becs and I? Can't remember your schedule.
  • aliem
    aliem Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Eating will be good today, though I am going out to dinner the next two evenings and have a wedding on Sunday. Did not do a second workout yesterday, but I did a ton of walking. It was just so hot yesterday! Still supposed to be hot today, but a lot more manageable. Might squeeze in another workout after dinner if I am not home too late. Did my circuits today and some walking. Took two pounds off of my weekend b-day weight. 2.2 more to go. Hopefully I will only be up a pound for tomorrow's weigh in and completely down by the weekend.

Becs - That sounds so great! I went grocery shopping this morning. Hoping to prep tomorrow. So close to the 120s! Maybe you will be there by day 60! Those extra classes sound fun! I want to start taking classes! I just cannot figure out where. My job involves going to a bunch of different clients that are all over LA and OC. I tend to leave early and get home late. So unless I join a 24 hour fitness or something along those lines, there are not huge gym chains and the closes chain (24 hour fitness) to my apartment is a good 15-20 minutes away, so i would have to make a trek when I am actually at home and the only way to make it cost effective is to go all the time! One of my major clients is near an Equinox that other co-workers go to. So when I am out there for the 2-3 months in Feb/March time, I might get a membership there and they have a ton of great classes.

Rinde - Great job! Hopefully your new routine will be great. What is it about? I am finishing my phase two on the 8th, but I will totally do a weigh in and measurements with you guys too! I will probably be up from last week though. Hoping to be in the 120s on the 8th, but it seems like a long shot. I am six pounds away (though two should come off in the next few days). Also, I still have 3 b-day dinners (two are mine and one is for someone else) and a wedding between today and Sunday. Going to be reasonable though. I am kinda realizing I probably won't get in a full whole30 by the end of this (because of these events and Halloween), but it should be pretty close.
  • Rinde99
    Options
    Aliem: body resistance training to improve strength and fitness. Only equipment used are tables, door frame, and the like. Starts out with evaluation in 5 different areas to determine starting point for each exercise. Once you establish your level for each exercise, you do program 3 times per week doing 4 exercises per workout. If I have this right, there are 25 possibilities for each exercise so 125 total. Goal is to progress through each level of exercise in each of 5 areas to gain strength. You test yourself periodically to move up a level. First part of program is 10 weeks. The men's (and women also) program is called You are Your Own Gym and there's an app of same name.
  • aliem
    Options
    Sounds great Rinde!
  • aliem
    Options
    So I did not do my second workout today and went a little crazy on the calories for dinner tonight (I wasn't so bad, except the two glasses of wine....) I did walk a bunch though. 20k steps for the day.
  • aliem
    Options
    So I am at 135.8 today. Up two pounds from last week, but hopefully it comes off by this weekend. Some of my measurements are down from last week, but nothing significant. Those glasses of wine last night probably did not help....oh and we split an order of fries. :). Did my circuits today. Have another dinner tonight. Going to avoid alcohol and hopefully cake. Not sure what we are having, so I will definitely need to watch portions.

Which day is the day 60 (phase 2) check in for you guys? I will make sure to measure and weigh in again!
  • becs3578
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Becs Day 59

So tonight I eat at my folks and tomorrow night we eat out to celebrate my niece being on the homecoming court.. So I decided to do my weigh in and measurements for PHASE 2 of the challenge today.

I finally got below 130. Today I am 129.6

START PHASE 1 PHASE 2
    WEIGHT 139.2 / 132 / 129.6
    CHEST 35 / 34 / 33
    WAIST 28.5 / 26.75 / 26.5
    HIPS 35.75 / 35 / 34.5
    THIGH 21 / 19.5 / 19.5
    ARM 10.5 / 10.5 / 10.5
    CALF 14.25 / 14 / 14

My Goal for phase 3 is 125.. but Anything below 127 I think I will be happy. My body has seen some great changes in the last 30 days.. The numbers are only part of the story. The shoulders and arms are more toned, my stomach is flatter, the tone in my booty is much better and I feel good in my clothes.

ALIEM - Welcome back and enjoy the rest of the festivities this weekend. I have a lot of family birthdays in the next week so I can't guarantee my weigh in next thursday will be any good! 20k steps.. good lord that is awesome!

RINDE - Hotter and running faster.. yeck yeah it felt harder but you are doing great. It was amazing back when I was running.. that one day a 3 mile run would feel great and other days it was torture. Ha! Your new program and APP sound amazing! Can't wait to hear all about your progress on it!
  • Rinde99
    Options
    First of all, congrats to Becs on breaking the 130 barrier! Whoopee! Fantastic! I'm not sure what day we're on, but I'm not weighing and measuring till tomorrow morning. So I'll be posting my phase 2 results on Friday....hopefully there will be good news for me as well.

Felt rather strange this morning and couldn't get into gear to exercise till this afternoon. Couple of bouts of lightheadedness(i have low BP). Finally pulled it together for my Thursday routine of warm-up cardio, body resistance, and yoga. Did 11/30/19 for an hour total.

Aliem: I think that party weight will come off soon and you'll be back on track in a few more days. Of course, there is more food tonight! Enjoy the festivities!
  • Rinde99
    Options
    Hey Becs, your post came up right after I wrote mine. Those measurements are fantastic. Your hips are really getting small! Way to work it!
  • becs3578
    Options
    Rinde - My mom has some BP issues. You be careful with the light headedness. That is nothing to play with. But way to power through and get a work out in. Can't wait to hear about your phase 2 results tomorrow.
  • Rinde99
    Options
    Alrighty, time to check-in!( I woke up at 430 and couldn't go back to sleep so decided to do weigh-in).

Weight:
    July 31: 168
    August 31: 157.6
    Sept, 30: 149.2

8.4 lbs lost in phase 2, above my goal of 6!

Chest: 37/37.5/36.5
    Waist: 34/31.5/30
    Hips: 42.5/41/39.5

Yay, down into 140s! Only 14.2 lbs to go! According to my weight app, I'm supposed to reach 135 on Nov. 15. Of course, it's not taking into account that my weight loss should slow down over the next 2 months. My original goal was to get there in mid January so anything before that date is bonus!

• becs3578
    Options
    Rinde--- OMG your phase 2 results are amazing!!!! I am so proud of you. Hooray for your 140's. You are crushing your goals! WTG!!!
  • Rinde99
    edited September 2016
    Options
    becs3578 wrote: »
    Rinde--- OMG your phase 2 results are amazing!!!! I am so proud of you. Hooray for your 140's. You are crushing your goals! WTG!!!

Thank you, Becs! I've lost just under 28 lbs in 3 months. I am so happy that I've come this far. Two years ago when I lost weight I went down to 138 in July of 2014. By October I was up to 148 and after that the pounds just piled back on. This time I'm determined to not only lose the lbs but to keep the weight off for good.
  • aliem
    Options
    Rinde99 wrote: »
    Alrighty, time to check-in!

Yay, down into 140s! Only 14.2 lbs to go! According to my weight app, I'm supposed to reach 135 on Nov. 15. Of course, it's not taking into account that my weight loss should slow down over the next 2 months. My original goal was to get there in mid January so anything before that date is bonus!

Oh my goodness! Way to go! That's so awesome! I'm sure you will get there by the end of November! I think I need an extra month too! But way to go! You are amazing. You have lost so much!!!!
  • aliem
    Options
    Down another .8 pounds to 135. It is still 1.2 pounds more than last week, but it is pretty good. Totally had a nice large glass of wine last night, but besides that, kept the portions in control. Found out that I might be going to Seattle again next weekend for, you guessed it, another birthday! If we wind up going, I will just end my phase two on Friday (one day early.) Finally one day of good eating. It's going to be a hard weekend. Another birthday dinner on Saturday and a wedding on Sunday. I will just have to keep the portions reasonable. Because of the traveling, I think I am going to have to ditch the idea of a Whole30 and just try to do like 80% Whole30 and 20% not, which is really what I do when I eat healthful anyway. It's more reasonable anyway, and I need to start upping the calcium again after I got some blood work back and I just can't take the supplements. I am not very far out of range, but there is only so much spinach a person can eat! I do love kale, so I might try to add some kale salads into my diet next week, but I think some yogurt would be good for me!

Anyway, definitely not going to hit my phase 2 goal next week (127.6). I calculated it and to be not more behind than I was at phase 1, I would need to be at 131.1 pounds. I am hoping to get close to that! I think I might be with Becs and try to be at 127 (or less) by the end of phase 3, which is 4 pounds shy of my goal. Hopefully by the end of the year I can be at 120 (or maybe even break into the 110s!) Next year's project can be to really start toning, though I do see more of that as the fat is coming off!
  • Rinde99
    Options
    Aliem: I can't keep track of your party schedule. It's a whirlwind! I'd say you've done a great job to be where you are in spite of your adventures. Keep plugging away and get that calcium in you! You'll get there!

I finished my 2nd week of Couch to 5k this am. Today was much cooler than Wed which made my effort seem so much easier. Next week the running gets bumped up to 3 minutes from 90 seconds. After today, I think I can handle it. Also did a little body resistance for 8 minutes and finished with 23 minutes of yoga for my hour.

Thank you both for supporting me with my weightloss. I really appreciate it. If I can continue to lose, another 6 lbs for phase 3 would put me at 143. Of course, I wouldn't mind a few extra in there and would really like to be at 141. We'll see how it goes. Think I have circa 4 parties in Oct so I'll need to be diligent the rest of the month.