Major I don't care day

Replies

• Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Once in a while I have a day where I'm a couple hundrd over maintenance, but not too often. I'm new at this part, so it scares the hell out of me. I like total control over what I put in my mouth.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    I had 4 donuts yesterday, 300 cal each , yep around 3,000. One day is ok if I mess up just don't keep doing it
  • haviegirl
    haviegirl Posts: 230 Member
    Today was Chocolate Chip Cookie Day. I didn't even know that when I ate that cookie today at Panera. But now I feel a little bit like a patriot or something.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    brenn24179 wrote: »
    I had 4 donuts yesterday, 300 cal each , yep around 3,000. One day is ok if I mess up just don't keep doing it

4 donuts at 300 calories each is 1200 cals. Do you mean you had 3000 calories all up yesterday?

• leejoyce31
    leejoyce31 Posts: 794 Member
    Yeah, I call it an I don't care day because I don't use the "f" word, but let me just say that I have read lots of posts about this and most people say you are back to normal in a couple of days. I was up 2.6 pounds Monday, and I am still holding on to 1.2 of those pounds. I have been eating at a slight deficit this week. I'm not doing a big deficit because I think that does create the overeating and restricting cycle. So, I'm just eating a little below maintenance.

Instead of a couple of days, I think it will take me more like 10 days or so to get back to normal. It's weird, even my thighs look really bloated. Not cute. :(
  • leejoyce31
    haviegirl wrote: »
    Today was Chocolate Chip Cookie Day. I didn't even know that when I ate that cookie today at Panera. But now I feel a little bit like a patriot or something.

Plug for Panera.... I love that place. I haven't eaten there in over a year though. They have the best tuna sandwiches. Their chips are delicious.
  • leejoyce31
    I meant their chocolate chip cookies are delicious. Their chips are okay. LOL
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited August 2016
    I've been over 3000 calories 3 times in the past 90 days, most recently on my wedding anniversary when I full well intended to do so. I've lost 23.2 lb in the past 90 days.
  • jeepinshawn
    jeepinshawn Posts: 642 Member
    I go to panera bread once every couple of months when we travel to a bigger city that has one. I love the full thai chicken salad. That thing is awesome. The sweets they have there look awesome, but I have never indulged, mostly because if I did then each of my 4 kids would want one and I am not spending like $10 on 4 cookies lol.
  • debrahbeger
    debrahbeger Posts: 34 Member
    I literally just got done logging all of my bad mistakes for the day and got 3000. (Normal day is 1500) but I think it's okay to have one every once in awhile. Good for the soul. And remember one bad day does not undo all of the good work you have done before that!!!
  • leejoyce31
    I literally just got done logging all of my bad mistakes for the day and got 3000. (Normal day is 1500) but I think it's okay to have one every once in awhile. Good for the soul. And remember one bad day does not undo all of the good work you have done before that!!!

Yes, I know that it doesn't, but it sucks seeing the scale hop up so quickly. Well, that's been almost 2 weeks now. So, it's okay. I was more curious about how often do folks have those types of days. Mine are sporadic and they occur for no apparent reason. Hasn't hurt my maintenance so far. I just follow up with good days and keep moving. Truth be told, I probably could stand to gain back a couple of pounds. Just can't quite get into that mindset of gaining. :)
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Once a week maybe?
  • srecupid
    srecupid Posts: 660 Member
    Every day before 10 am
  • snerggly
    snerggly Posts: 112 Member
    I have these days at least twice a week maybe. Frustration leads to a lot of it for me. Losing weight at this age is a challenge and a frustrating one at that sometimes.
  • leejoyce31
    srecupid wrote: »
    Every day before 10 am

LOL
  • paradi3s
    paradi3s Posts: 343 Member
    It's my birthday tomorrow so the days of this and next week is an I don't care day!

But funnily enough, I'mve been under the past few days since I'm eiyher busy planning, w friends, or at work (writing)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,501 Member
    One day won't be that big a deal. Several consecutive days will.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • leejoyce31
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    One day won't be that big a deal. Several consecutive days will.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

I agree. Haven't had one since this post 2 weeks ago.