advice from men please

Options
1235»

Replies

• belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I was the first one to tell my wife I can remember it like yesterday, I am not the smoothest person in the world, it was on the phone she was at work and I said "I think I am falling in love with you" She laughed then hung up.

Of course she was just really nervous and at work, I would advise in person so you can properly judge the response. That was a very long day for me. Going on our 17 year anniversary. I will be honest does not seem that long.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    Ok so I had this boyfriend 4 years ago. We were together for about 6 months and never said the "L" word, but one morning it sort of slipped out of my mouth when we were getting out of bed. He was like "I'm going to go put the coffee on and make you some breakfast!" and I said "thanks, babe! I love ya"

he said "awe...that's sweet"

We broke up 2 weeks later.
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,952 Member
    Options
    Is this an MFP boyfriend or real boyfriend? If its MFP boyfriend, that's love at first sight, he should of already said something. Hes a slacker and this relationship wont last. Youll never get a dpic at this rate.

If its a real boyfriend, id skip the entire love topic and just tell him your pregnant and want to get married
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    Is this an MFP boyfriend or real boyfriend? If its MFP boyfriend, that's love at first sight, he should of already said something. Hes a slacker and this relationship wont last. Youll never get a dpic at this rate.

If its a real boyfriend, id skip the entire love topic and just tell him your pregnant and want to get married

If an MFP boyfriend doesn't tell you he loves you by the 3rd Kik message, it's all over.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I'm with everyone else, give him oral. He'll just know..

This worked for me. I had a boyfriend tell me he loved me after oral.
  • Debbie_Ferr
    Debbie_Ferr Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    How many minutes have you two been dating?

262800.288 minutes and counting [/quote]

There's 1,440 minutes in a day.
    Do the math.
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    I get the weirdness out of the way by saying I love you from the first date forward. For example, if he orders classic buffalo wings then I say,"I love you! Classic Buffalo Wings are the best."

Eventually, if I really love him, I leave off the buffalo wings part and look into his eyes when I say it in a breathy whisper.
  • jaxass
    jaxass Posts: 2,128 Member
    Options
    I dated a lady for 2 years and never once did we say I Love You, but we were madly in love. We didn't need words...we had action. She knew I was deeply in love with her and vice versa. It was the most incredible feeling in the world, to know someone loved me that much.

Do what you feel is necessary for you. But don't say it because you think it's time...do it when it IS time.

• Lfirecracker
    Lfirecracker Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    You just say what u are feeling, let it go if he doesnt say it back its because he isnt ready because some people is just kinda bad at expressing their feelings ("me" lol) , so maybe saying that is awkward for him, sometimes actions are better than words, well this is just my opinion, sorry im not a guy hahaha
    Good luck gurl!
  • kevinf2380
    kevinf2380 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I may have missed it some where but how long have you been together? Telling someone after 6 months is one thing, after only a month another.
  • Timothyh27
    Timothyh27 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Three month rule. Earlier=physco. :neutral:
  • philbanet
    philbanet Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I said it once before I meant it, and I regretted that. Nothing but painful when the relationship didn't evolve as I thought it would. Since then, vowed to make sure I meant it before I said it.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    When you are having a pleasant and harmonious moment, enjoying each other's company, then say it. :)
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    It's not official until it's posted on Facebook.
  • zerocool44535
    zerocool44535 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Relax get him a rockstar and watch he will tell you he loves you cause I would
  • MicahPsencik
    MicahPsencik Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    psencmb wrote: »
    I said it while walking through walmart, it was a sudden realization and i just said it.

Good for you. Not many people have emotional epiphanies in Walmart. All I can think about when I'm there is how much I wish I was somewhere else.

Very true, normally that feeling of escape grows exponentially as I approach the checkout...Target, where art thou.