:)<3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,716 Member
    Options
  • blumenstockbj
    blumenstockbj Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Good morning all

I got lost in all the entry's - love reading & what everyone has to say, lol couldn't find my last weight log in - but not doing great on that anyway.... Not sure if I will ever get caught up but it will be fun to try.
  • blumenstockbj
    blumenstockbj Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Good morning all

I got lost in all the entry's - love reading & what everyone has to say, lol couldn't find my last weight log in - but not doing great on that anyway.... Not sure if I will ever get caught up but it will be fun to try.

SW 238
    CW. 235.2

Forgot to add the weigh in on the above post oooops.

Barb Indiana
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    :)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,358 Member
    Options
    Katla - Isn't it great to make that contact! Ours was brief and chaotic, but sooooooo worth it! <3

I've found out that the local planes are still flying to Lyon at that time of year. Neither of us have been there and we have often talked about a visit. I guess this is the year. :laugh: I will definitely need to lose a couple of pounds before I go as it is France's capital of gastronomy. :o

Love Heather UK
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Heather - I had to look that one up!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone is having a great day. For some reason I am getting a lot done this morning. Did water aerobics, hosed down the screened patio, did laundry and swept the floors.
    Michele -the social sounds like it was a success. You always make good food!
    Jane - thinking of you and praying for successful surgery on Wednesday.
    Kayla - you are so right about taking control of your health care. I have started to ask questions and do research before I take any actions. It made me smile when I read your statement , "I want him to be empowered too".
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Re ~ Good for you on the weight loss!

Sue ~ I also washed off my screened in porch today. It's a story up from the ground and it was very difficult to drag the hose up to the top. Sometimes the little Pom decides to wee wee when he is on the porch so that had to be hosed down. There was a really pretty butterfly flitting around and I could not reach it. Finally opened the screen door and hope he is able to emerge.

Heather ~ So glad you are finding new places to visit.

Pip & Barbie ~ I can't see to back up my car much less trying to back up an RV. Wish I had a rear view camera.

Lillian ~ Hope your temps rise again. Can't imagine "cold" right now. Will be hot and humid here until the middle of October.

Carol

• suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Just realized that half my post disappeared!! What's up with it doing that if you use a heart?
    SueBDew in TX
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,983 Member
    Options
    Lilymay2 wrote: »

Choke cherries... I am going to make choke cherry syrup... for pancakes and probably to give away because I can't have the sugar... But I grew up on choke cherry syrup on pancakes so I would like my kids to sample it...silly I know but oh well.....

Lillian in West Central Saskatchewan

:) I had never heard of choke cherries until you wrote about them and then the syrup was mentioned in the book I was reading at bedtime last night.
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,983 Member
    Options
    The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT.

Strategy is stronger than willpower.

:)Purl, Isagenix has dairy free meal replacement shakes and bars.....so if the Shakeology doesn't work for you after you give it a fair trial, then you have another option....Isagenix worked for me when other women my age were struggling to lose weight and stick with a program so I stayed with it.

:)Joyce, our medical insurance paid for Jake's cardiac rehab so there was never a question of whether he would attend or not.

:)Heather, Jake and I have been married for 27 years and we still feel like newlyweds. My first marriage was not like this even in its first year. We celebrate every year but in a very modest fashion but with great joy.

:) I don't have a lot of steps yet today but Jake and I finished a major project on the computer that was both complicated and emotional. I wanted to finish it as soon as possible today and he wanted to make a strong case for procrastination. We both did a great job of avoiding saying cranky things to each other.

petting-poodle-smiley-emoticon.gif Barbie from beautiful NW Washington
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,358 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Just watched an inspiring and emotional programme about a super morbidly obese guy who lost over half his weight and entered a professional horse race. He came last, but what an achievement! (They were Shire horses)

I am looking forward to seeing my friend tomorrow. She has very advanced cancer and is on the latest wonder drug. All going well so far, as she has stabilised. She discovered her secondaries at the same time as I discovered my primary breast cancer, so it is all a bit close. We texted each other at the same time. :o:'( That was 9 years ago. She is very courageous. She recently broke a rib with coughing. :'( I will be travelling up to the area where I lived for 40 years. All very bitter sweet. I'm going to set my alarm so I can do most of my exercises before I catch the train.

My Thai curry was ************* :D<3

Love Heather UK
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Stronglifts Workout A
    Squats-1X5X 55/65/75/85/95, 5X5X 100
    OHP- 1X5X 45/50/55/60, 5X5X 55
    DL- 1 X5X 150

Kettlebell Swing
    Russian kettle bell swing-20 X 10 X 35

Walk 1,000 Miles Challenge
    5 miles

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • terri_mom
    terri_mom Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Happy August ! ! !

I finally have a few minutes to myself, and time to type, at the same time.

I have been sliding backwards with my eating, and not getting in a sufficient amount of exercise, but I have a plan, and it includes checking in with you all much more frequently.

I think I have convinced myself that I don't need candy or dinner rolls to soothe my "pity party", so I am planning on flipping my eating back to what worked for me in the past, which was a slightly bigger breakfast, vegetable and fruit lunch, then hearty supper (to hopefully not make me search out the poptarts or other silly item in the middle of the night).

It will be a few more weeks before I can get in more exercise, because . . . I broke my ankle in Indianapolis last month. I didn't see that there was a brick missing in the sidewalk, roll my ankle, and ripped a chunk off the bottom of my left fibula. The bone is healing well, but the tendons and ligaments are not, and I've been told it is because I walked on it for many miles before finally admitting that it hurt and getting X-rays. Yes, I've still been doing some upperbody stuff, but I'm struggling to get motivated.

Payne did well (but did not win) at Junior Gold Bowling inspite of the fact that his Dad buys "the wrong Mt. Dew". When I returned from the Orthopedic Surgeon, I was available again to buy the right Mt. Dew, so the Open and Storm Surviver were better than Day 4 of Gold. He behaved well, and was a good sport with all the kids around him, so that's a win in my eyes. He turned 16, so we are working on getting his driver's license. My daughter is 1 step closer to having gastric bypass surgery, so I'm excited to see getting healthy. Greg is still the same.

I wish I could say that I had time to read-up on everyone, but that's not in the cards for today. I look forward to seeing everyone and re-connecting in September ! I truly missed you all ! ! ! :'(

Hugs for Everyone ! ! ! B)

Terri in Milwaukee
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,888 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon ladies: Lovely day, I have gone to water exercise, bought some pluots and two new pairs of shoes. The shoes were on sale. I needed a new pair to use at the pool and I found some waterproof athletic shoes that are brown and will be great for around the acreage. Last night my horse was being silly at the gate to the pasture and stepped on my foot, lovely black and blue area today but doesn't hurt a lot. I don't think she broke anything.

Margaret - Love your pictures.

Joyce - My DH has done cardiac rehab twice. Once after a stent and then after bypass surgery. Both lasted about 12 weeks and insurance paid for most of it.He used a NUStep the first time but he prefers the recumbent bike. He also had a nutrition coach the first time. That was an extra expense, $75 but it was really good for him. You know wives don't know anything about that stuff. LOL

Re - Check in: SW = 213
    CW = 210
    total lost this week = -1
    total lost all weeks = -3
    GW = 190
    Pounds from goal = 20

Healing angels to all who need them and congratulations to those with victories. Sue in WA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Heather: You are absolutely right about the wonderfulness of talking to grandchildren. Unfortunately visits are a big challenge for us. It is 1761 air miles, or 2141 miles by car. :ohwell: It is what it is. I plan to be there for the birth of #3 in late October. I hope to work in a trip to the pumpkin patch with the little ones while we get ready for the new baby. :heart: I hope you get your time in France. Your friend with cancer is lucky you are her friend. Enjoy your visit as much as you can. :flowerforyou:

Suebdew: My nickname here in MFP is Katla, not Kayla. It is a made up name that includes the first three letters of my first name and the first 2 letters of my last name. :flowerforyou:

Terrimom: It is great to see you!!!!! :bigsmile: I'm sorry about your broken ankle.

Sue in WA: What are pluots? I'm sorry your horse stepped on your foot and hope you're right that it isn't seriously damaged. :flowerforyou:

I did kettlebell swings at the gym today and it went better. I warmed up first, dropped to a 15 pound weight and was diligent about using proper form. No injuries or sore places! WAHOO! 3 sets, 10 reps, 15 pounds.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to