WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2016

Options
1104105106107108110»

Replies

• janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    HI<ladies.Got home at midnight last night as hubby had to work til 11.
    Had a good experience with the hospital staff,very accomidating.The surgeon was fantastic..Very little pain.
    Started therapy the day after and was up in a chair several hours after surgery.Have a splint on 24/7 for 6 weeks.
    When this leg is recovered,I do the other and the dr reassured me it won`t be as bad as the last knee replacment.
    Thanks for ur love and prayers and kind words.Have a great day.
    hugs jane
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,109 Member
    Options
    Jane- we're over on the September thread! Glad to hear the leg is doing great!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • northcoastbeauty
    northcoastbeauty Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hello All!
    I'm new to the site and the forums. I need to lose weight in order to breathe better. I have a recent diagnosis of right sided heart failure and mild pulmonary hypertension. I have lost 27 pounds total and I'm very thankful for this but I still need to lose over 100 pounds, so I have a ways to go! I've been faithfully logging my calorie intake most days and I've been using my Garmin Vivofit2 to track my steps. They pair together to tell me how many I currently have and need for the day. It really helps me to know where I stand and what I still need to do each day.

My goals for August is to just keep on doing what I am doing to the best of my ability. I would like to reach my step goal each day, so far I have had pretty good success and I try not to beat myself up when I don't make it. I'm enjoying healthy eating but it is time consuming to plan, cook and log everything, so I need plenty of sleep to have enough energy and I'm working on that. I have fibromyalgia and it's hard to stay asleep for more than 3-4 hours at a time, due to the pain, but I've been trying to get myself in the habit of trying to go back to bed for more rest instead of just giving up and staying up.

I have a roommate that is on the same journey due to a new diagnosis of diabetes and it helps to have someone to be doing this with and encouraging each other along the way. I am enjoying reading the comments of others here!

I just learned that I have pulmonary hypertension. That's y I can't exercise like I did a month ago. Finding no salt added foods has been difficult. Surprised that bread, all breads are salt bombs. Cottage cheese (and all cheese really) are also.
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,828 Member
    Options
    Hey North Coast- Go back and type in Women ages 50+ March 2018 and join us on the current thread! <3 KJ