Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,648 Member
    Options
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Drkatiebug – Thank you; and, accept yours, too.

Heather and Katla – Married for 44 years to same man. He is truly my BFF. Someone that I have fun with; and, sometimes I need a day or two without him. He does his thing; and, I’ve always thought that it was ok for me to do the things I like. I always tell him my plans, where I am going (sometimes why) and when I plan to be home. Right now I need to feel that he always has my back. We both laugh and say that we should have trade the other in on 2, 3, or more 20-year-olds when one of us are having a 'bad hair day'. Sometimes I threaten to 'snatch him bald-headed' and he tells everybody that he once had a head full of hair ... then he married me.

GlowominWV – How exciting! I really enjoyed my job as a PSA because when my boss was tapped to be the Federal Magistrate, I got to go with him; with a starting salary about 3x what he had been able to pay (although he paid well); but going federal meant I had insurance and retirement (they matched $ of $ what you put up to invest) and it really grew; they changed it shortly before I retired to only matching 50¢ on the $. Of course, I don’t think they do that anymore. Loved being able to be rewarded with hours; that I could use as ‘sick’ or ‘vacation/leave’ time each pay period. I grew up with an attorney in my Daddy; and, my Mother was an English/Lit/Grammar teacher. And in a small town, which was much easier to make friends that were and are lasting friendships. Since then, until the past 16 years, we’ve always lived in ‘cites’ and my friends were my co-workers … although we rarely were ‘couple’ friends. I live in a small town again, and know now what it feels like to be the ‘outsider’ (or 'the new kid'). That is one thing, that in HS, we never made our new students feel like. I was the one-woman ‘welcoming committee’ because our school counselor thought I would enjoy this. I did, for the most part, guiding the new student (after spending a week with them getting used to our school) to a group of ‘like-minded’ people. In my Senior year a boy got transferred in that was ‘drop dead gorgeous’; and, while I thought he was ‘pretty stuck on himself’. I found out he was terribly shy because he had never started and finished school in any of the previous 11 years (or more). Our Senior year; his father had told him that he would not accept any promotions that would require them to move for his last year in school. He has stayed since. Married and divorced one of my friends; now married to a much younger woman. Now I tease him about having a ‘trophy’’ wife. But his ‘ex’ is someone who you would never guess that she is 64 – not in a million years. She was a grade behind us. He played a trumpet and got involved in the ‘band’; he could really sing!!! And he got involved in ‘chorus’ and doing ‘solos’ and ‘duets’ and we usually won going to district, regional, and state championships for our school according to its size. I think what I miss most about having to retire on a disability are the people I worked for and with; and, my interaction with other offices or clients. My boss was the ‘greatest’!!!!!

My DDnL#1 starts her ‘new’ job on September 1st! YAY! Although she is still looking for something better that will pay more and will have insurance and a retirement program. She had a phone interview the other night; and, said it went well (she ‘thought’); but, will be a couple of weeks before they decide on who gets it. She’s worried that the ‘new’ job would have a problem if she gets a ‘face-to-face’ interview, and needs to 'take part of the day off'. I said to her, ‘then just tell them you have had an appointment set for a while; and, it is not one you can reschedule; and that won’t be lying to them. You will have an ‘appointment’ … you don’t have to tell them why’.

Grandmallie – Are you saying that Tom (or hid father) will be 89 in December and still won’t be eligible for Medicare until next Summer; or am I missing something here. My husband took his retirement when he turned 65; and, he is still not penalized for still working. If he had taken it early, at 62; he would have been limited as to how much he could make without losing his benefits. Gee, where does he work (what does he do for a living). I did not know the eligible age was different from state-to-state. I became disabled/retired at the age of 47; and I received Social Security Disability and it won’t change unless it goes up to whatever DH is making if he should die before me; but, my retirement went down significantly when I turned 62 (because then I was taking ‘early’ retirement) as if I had been able to work up to that age. Then it took another hit so that my ‘insurance’ would conform to "The Affordable Care Act." I had to COBRA my insurance so that DH would be ‘covered’ since he is self-employed. But, I will receive that amount for the rest of my life, it won’t go down or up unless my insurance premium changes.

Karen in Virginia – Maybe we are a bit odd; but, DH and I talked about our hobbies and things before we married; and, he told me that he never expected for me to ‘give up my friends’ or ‘not to be able do something I like without him’. Same on my side. But, I do tell him ‘what I am planning to do and when I expect to be home’. He can hunt, fish, or just tinker around in the house or yard, without having to stop and find out what I am doing. He also has learned that when I say I will be home ‘later’ … because we are still doing something; he then asks if that means I will be home at “dark-thirty?” Usually, I am home before it gets dark because I don’t see well to drive at night (IF I could drive at the moment). It’s always worked for 44 years. He knows that I will be with the person/people I have said; and, that I will be at where I said I was going. Then if plans change I call him and ‘let him decide’ if he’d rather that I come home.

DJ – Sometimes you just have to take the ‘bull by the horns’ and do it yourself … to get something or somebody to do something; and, calling to ‘remind’ them doesn’t hurt. I had been told that I could have 7 pictures from the estate of Dh's late uncle. It’s been nearly 3 years; so I called his cousin and asked if someone else had decided they wanted them, or not. He apologized that he had not already sent them to me and said that since his wife only works 3 days now, he would get her to get them packed up and sent to me. I got them 2 days later. After cleaning off many years of chain smoke nicotine film; they are going to be lovely. All are watercolor scenes of Atlanta. I'm guessing done in 1956 or '57; judging from one that has a car in it. I’ve already cleaned off one of them; but, I am thinking I will take them out of their frames; wash the glass on both sides, put them back; and, then take them to get the ‘backing’ replaced. That will cost me ‘next to nothing’. I could do it myself; but, Kathy uses glue strips instead of white liquid glue (which can be messy).

Margaret – Thanks for the tip about the vinegar getting rid of excess soap. This did not happen to me with my washing machine; but, did with my dishwasher. I accidentally put ‘dish’ soap in it; and left the room. When I came back; the entire room was nothing but bubbles and a little water on the floor in front of it. Like you see on TV sometimes. Could not see anything because the bubbles were so high. That was a real mess. Sometimes I have to run a load of clothes a 2nd time because I have left them in the washer, if I am washing late, and forget to put them in the dryer. Do that, and they are going to smell musty, no matter what. I usually do this to towels, not so much with any of our clothes. The worst thing; is I will wash a load of clothes; DH will come in and want to wash his. So he throws them in the dryer and shrinks one of my favorite tops. Finally, after he ruined several of my tops that I normally hang up to dry; he has stopped putting anything I have washed in the dryer. Now, he is pretty good about not doing it - that is NOT putting my clothes in the dryer; instead calling me to do so.

Carol – When I could get away with it; Mother used to ‘correct my grammar’ as soon as I said, “I’m fixen’ to …”. She used to say y’all; (I still do) and her Mother ‘attempted’ to straighten her out saying, “a ‘yawl’ is a small boat. But, she had already met my Daddy; and, it was a common way of Southern speaking; especially out in the country. She knew she was supposed to say, ‘you’ or ‘all of you’. English is difficult to learn because of all the past, present, and future tense of words that some people don’t use properly. Like “I seen him …” when it should be “I saw him”. If you are going to use “seen”, there is usually a ‘have’ in front of it (as in 'occasionally'). Don’t ask me ‘what’ the terminology of it is; but, Mother (being a HS English/Lit/Grammar teacher) would ‘correct us, even in front of someone, out in public’. Her reasoning was … ‘what kind of teacher am I if my own children can’t speak “proper” English?

Oh, Lordy, I have become my Mother … I find that I do it with my DGDs. My DMGD ‘corrected’ her Mother with the pronunciation of “Salmon” in front of us not long ago and it really ‘upset’ her. Actually, I know she was more ‘embarrassed’ by it than anything. I wanted to jump up and tell her that she ‘needed to apologize’ to her. Thankfully she did not do so in front of strangers. I’m not aware of my ‘drawl’ unless I call the house and leave a message. Damn, I talk slow - drawl. Then I want to change it; can’t do it. Those of us who do live in the South; probably have a ‘drawl’ if you have lived in the South all your life. A Texas ‘drawl’ is different. I remember visiting a former elementary schoolmate of mine after they moved to Norman, OK; and, all her friends just wanted me to ‘say something’ … so they could laugh and then mimic me. My Daddy used to drive one of Mother’s nephews absolutely nuts. He had a speech impediment (or was just to young to ‘hear’ the difference from his side of the discussion). His name was “Freddie Mac”; but, he pronounced it “Preddie Mac”. My Dad would always call him “Preddie Mac” just to ‘mess with him’. He’d say, “My name’s NOT Preddie Mac … my name’s Preddie Mac!” (stomping his foot) My Mother would stop him before he cried. But, all the men in the family did this to him, not just my Daddy.

When you start talking about ‘dangling participles’ you have lost me! But, I did like to ‘dissect’ sentences … because, to me, it was like ‘drawing’. Anything I could do that seemed like ‘drawing’ … I want to be there. When I was ‘in HS; I wanted to take ‘mechanical drawing’; school counselor did not want to let me (Mrs. McCosh, especially); saying it was a class 'for boys'. So Mother went to talk to Mr. Hutchison and he allowed it. I was the ‘only’ girl in the class; and, always ‘spot on’ about drawing the things we did and then printing my name. The guys used to call me “The teacher’s pet.” As a young child, I wanted to be an architect and would go buy magazines that had ‘plans’ in them; and, then try to design something from several of them that I thought would be nice. Taking all the parts of each that I liked and roll them into a drawing.

Klanders30 and Margaret – When you are referring to a “HE washer”, is this a brand name or is it a front-end loader type of washer?

Heather – I gave the pressure cooker I received as a wedding present 44 years ago, to my Mother; I was too afraid of it exploding. She loved cooking with a pressure cooker. Even though she did have one that exploded.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon – Since Paula Deen was diagnosed with diabetes; she has taken her recipes and tweaked them for someone who has diabetes to be able to use most. I even ‘think’ she now has a cookbook with them. She’s originally from this area of GA … SW GA and has now moved to the Savannah, GA area. Her ‘drawl’ is a part of her draw; sometimes it seems a bit ‘too put on’. But, I love to watch her as well. Her 2 sons are in the business with her, too.

Jjfromkc813 – One of the best ways to help you is to get a ‘good’ set of measuring spoons, I use the WW ones; and ‘measuring spoons’ and ‘food scale’ … measure out your food; and, don’t sample while cooking (or keep up with it) and post everything that slips across your lips. If you pre-track your meals; you might be surprised after a while, that ½ cup of something along with ½ cup of something else, and 4 ounces of meat will begin to really fill you up! Up your water intake to 64 ounces a day; if you work out, increase it to about 80. That’s what I got told by my ‘dietitian’ today when I went for my weigh-in. Tell us about yourself; the name you prefer to be called, family, hobbies, etc., and come often and post often. Congrats and Best Wishes to your upcoming marriage.

DDnL#2 chose for the men in the wedding party to wear beige linen pants; then they were not supposed to sit in them. So we have a picture of all 3 of the men, standing up, drinking beer. But, they were a lot cooler than they would have been in a ‘tux’; the church was very old, not air-conditioned; so the ceremony was ‘short & sweet’; reception was a ‘blow out’ … Louisiana-style.

“Oh to be a fly on the wall.”

LOST 2.5 lbs. over the past 2 weeks. WHO-RAH!

Lenora
  • CSSJ09
    CSSJ09 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Apologies to all. I had no idea how long it has been until I got a message from Heather. Thank you. I took a break from computers and social media. I have been working like crazy in the garden and property. My granddaughters are a joy. I am not being dismissive of this wonderful group of gals, but, I made the wee ones my priority. I only got on the computer for projects.

Today something happened at the airport that was really funny, but not to security. When I put my hands over my head in the metal detector booth, my jeans fell down around my hips. I am wearing a long sweater so not too much was exposed. The gal monitoring the machine was not amused. She requested that I pull up my pants and go through again. I decided to keep quiet and not turn this into comedy hour.
    I knew my jeans were loose because I do not wear tight clothes when traveling half way round the world. But I had no idea they were quite so big.
    I will check in with all when I reach my destination.

CJ
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    I got up this morning after a night of no sleep due to shoulder pain and I said "screw it I'm working in the yard." So I went out and replaced a couple of sprinkler heads that were broken, relaid some stones in a walkway that had been torn up for some electric work, pulled weeds and had a very productive morning. Painful but productive. The pain was worth it because other than my shoulder I felt great.

Hatch Chilies are a green hot pepper, they can be hot or mild. They are grown in the Mesilla Valley along the Rio Grande River in southern New Mexico. While these chiles can be grown in other locations they can only carry the label "Hatch" if they are grown in that specific area near Hatch, New Mexico. Grown elsewhere they are just known as New Mexico chiles. A very distinct chili that makes a lovely green enchilada sauce and other chili dishes. They are usually harvested when they are green but can be left to ripen to a deep red and are used to make the traditional ristras. I usually try to get at least one ristra and throughout the year grind up the chiles as I need them.

Marcelyn
    vegging on the couch in Houston
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Stronglift Workout B
    Squats-1X5X 55/65/75/85/95, 5X5X 100
    OHP- 1X5X 45/50/55/60, 5X5X 55
    DL- 1X5X 135

kettlebell Swing
    Russian kettle bell swing- 20 X 10 X 35

Walk 1,000 Miles Challenge
    6 miles

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Heather: Our boat is too big for me to solo sail, or even solo under motor. It has been "our special place" since it was launched in 1999. It is the only boat we've bought brand new, and we've had quite a few before this one. It isn't necessary to do anything with it, and for now I'm not willing to make a decision. I know it isn't sensible but this isn't a sensible matter from the beginning. Unless you're a professional fisherman, in the navy, or in the shipping industry, boats are purely for pleasure. I appreciate your comments and find them both kind and thoughtful. :flowerforyou: PS I also use the pressure cooker we got when we were married in 1970. It works as well as ever. :bigsmile:

Barbie: I hope you have a glorious day including great news from the cardiologist, a good ferry ride complete with whale sightings, and fun for both of you. :heart:

Karen: Your comments about dancing with a new dance partner are very insightful. They are a perfect explanation of how I feel about the boat. Thank you. :smiley:

Miriam: My granddaughter had her school open house yesterday and starts kindergarten soon. She's been in daycare and preschool situations and normally has a lot of confidence. I suspect she will enjoy her new school. :smiley:

Margaret: We have a top-loading washer, too. I love it! I didn't love the front-loading set we had. There were lots of problems with the drum getting an off odor, and we had to buy special products to clean the washer between washings. We're very happy we changed. :bigsmile:

CJ: I'm choosing to think of your jeans falling down in the airport as an NSV. It is certainly memorable. :laugh:

I'm having a good day. Yay!!! I found a good gift for DGS and now I need to order one for him. It is a trampoline, but it has a good safety record. YAY all over again! :bigsmile:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

Tibetan proverb: "The secret to living well and long is: Eat half, walk double, laugh triple and love without measure..."

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    CJ – Your experience is definitely more than just a really funny NSV! It shows that whatever you have been doing is working. I guess it’s better that they only feel down around your hips than your ankles. That'd have been my luck.

Marcelyn – Hutch peppers are like Vidalia Onions that are only grown in a certain area around Vidalia, GA; very sweet and mild onion. I can eat them if they are sautéed; but, I can’t eat any kind of onion that is raw; tears me up. But, I can eat onion rings and love them. Trick – when you are frying fish; putting onions in the oil/grease will keep oil from ‘burning’.

There are a lot of stores that will put onions out that they claim are Vidalia Onions; but, they have to have a particular seal on the package showing they were grown there. When buying them, they are a ‘white’ onion; but, sort of look like they have had something heavy placed on them, usually more round around the center than tall; and have a yellowish-green top and bottom. You can just tell the difference between a Vidalia onion and a plain old ‘white’ onion. They even smell sweet and not strong; won't make you tear up to cut them.

Thanks for the tips ‘against’ a front load washing machine; ours is working; but, very old. Second one we’ve had since we married that was ‘new’. Our first house had one on the back porch that worked; and, we did not buy one until we moved from Jax, FL to Albany, GA. Dryers, on the other hand; we’ve replaced ours at least 3x.

I’ve got to make up my mind if I am going to take the pictures I got and take them out of their frames, and really clean the frames inside and out; wash the glass on both sides; then put them back together and take them to framer; to have the paper backing replaced.

Cracker is doing so much better putting weight on her front left paw; she’ll walk on all 4’s most of the time; runs really hard on all 4’s. It is that mid-range of running/walking that she will favor it. And, of course, it comes up whenever we look at her or say something to her. We think she is 'working it' for sympathy. She’s really smart; and, understands what we are saying; I had to change from telling her to ‘put her foot down’ to ‘put weight on that foot’; because she’d lie down in a ‘submissive position’. Like she thought I was ‘fussing at her’.

Lenora
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,968 Member
    Options
    186r07uboiqc.jpg

:) This has been a good day. I got up before 2 AM in order to walk the dogs as much as they are used to. as well as do all the other things I do in the morning and be ready to leave before 6 AM. It was a beautiful day so the drive was like a vacation in paradise and the ferry ride was as great as always with beautiful views of Seattle from the water. We got to the doctor's office about an hour early and noticed a cafe in the building where we both indulged--Jake had a cinnamon roll and I had a cappuccino scone. The appointment with the cardiologist was fast and positive and Jake won't have to come back for six months. The best victory was that only eight weeks after Jake's spine surgery he was easily able to walk downhill from the doctor's office to the ferry. We got home earlier than expected and had time to do the housework necessary to prepare for a house guest that will arrive tomorrow afternoon.

<3Katla, How sad for you that you're not able to go out on your boat

81824br5uyrfrsr.gifBarbie from beautiful sunny NW Washington t113030.gif

Resolutions for August (with week three comments)
    *continue sorting and discarding photos (not as regularly as I wanted)
    *work in the yard 30+ minutes four days a week (a lofty goal....more like twice a week)
    *increase daily meditation time by 5 seconds every few days (awesome--up to 13 minutes 25 seconds)
    *average 15,000 steps a day (great so far)
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Barbie- great news about Jake! It sounds like he is doing great! The ferry trip sounds like a mini vacation!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,079 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Lenora an HE is high efficiency front loading washer and as Katla pointed out they can get musty smelling without cleaning. We have never had to do that with our top loader. It is still going strong after 20 years. I wash most of my thing on delicate and use the vinegar rinse to get rid of excess soap and line dry many things. My clothes last forever.
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    lenora. HE washer means high efficiency, it uses less water and you need less sudsy soap. A lot of folks mention that the drum can get a buildup of mildew, the machine can be front loading or top loading. I like the low water usage and clean results--I just have kept the lid open when not in use so I dont get that off odor.

Barbie love the ferrypicture what a great day!!
    NYKAREN
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,869 Member
    Options
    Hello all:

Nice day today, our 47th anniversary. We had already gone out to eat last weekend to celebrate with family so today we decided to go to a movie rather than eat out again. Also got some bookwork done and a little yardwork. Did not eat anything at the theater. I sometimes think my DH just goes to the movies to eat popcorn, etc.

Welcome to all the new people. Welcome back to Sue in TX.

Joyce - Glad you got checked out and got that stent in place. Hope you are feeling well soon.

Barbie - Sounds like a lovely day.

"Life's not just being alive, but being well." - Martial

Sue in WA
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Barbie: So happy to hear the Jake is doing well. I LOVE the Washington ferries.

I have had my InstantPot pressure cooker for a few months. I am not an avid cook or a kitchen gadget fan, but I was attracted to this because of the multiple functions. I've used the saute, slow cook, and pressure cook functions, and still learning all it can do. Potatoes and other root veges cook in half the time. You can take meat right out of the freezer and have it ready to eat in less than an hour. Hard boiled eggs are super easy. My kitchen is small, but the InstantPot has earned a permanent spot on my countertop.

Yesterday I had my chiropractor adjust my nagging right hip. Owwwweeeee! It was really out of alignment. At least now I no longer have a hitch in my giddyup whenever I stand up. Pain gone, and full range of motion is back. Also seeing improvement in my elbow sprain. Tested out some light weights and rowing machine this morning, and thankfully it's not hurting at all. Simple joys!

Stay well. We can do this.

Rori
    Another Buff Goddess in Progress
    Colorado Foothills
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:
    ride hm 2 gym- 10.22min, 14.8amph, 131mhr, 2.5mi = 73c
    ROWING MACHINE- 15min, 57aw, 2468meters, 125mhr = 93c
    OTHER- 3sets 15 various machines 30-60#'s,101mhr, 79c
    ride gym 2 dome- 5.33min, 11.6amph, 144mhr, 1mi = 57c
    ride wk 2 hm- 50.59min 12amph, 159amph, 10.1mi = 488c
    total cal 790
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,373 Member
    Options
    Did an hour of a 30 Minute Cardio Melter but did it twice for an hour. The plan for tomorrow is to do a bosu DVD since we have a Newcomer Board Meeting.

Glo- the only thing I think I use my iron for is when I'm sewing, too I've read that if you need an additional table, you can use your ironing board. I don't think I'd do that. Besides, my ironing board looks like something out of the 70's. Best of luck on the interview. Nope, I really didn't do anything different from the recipe for the spinach feta pie. I maybe didn't use the dill, but that's not a real big thing. Could you have overbaked it (maybe used a higher temp?). Heather, you make this all the time, do you do anything different? You know, I was just thinking about Sylvia yesterday? GMTA

I didn't realize there were two different Glo's! that's why we ask you put a name of some type at the bottom of your post.

Lenora - our encyclopedias each year had a "yearbook" of things that updated things in the encyclopedia. I don't recall how they were used, how did you know that the info in the encyclopedia wasn't current? I honestly don't remember. I'm really not liking my Windows (Windows 10). There are 8 thumbnail-like links and there's one that I would really like to get rid of (in Chrome). I went to that site once and don't have any plans to go back there. But yet, nothing I seem to be able to do will get rid of that thumbnail permanently.

Exercised then volunteered at the Green Room. Came home and started the powerwashing. In a bit Vince came out and cut the weeds in the backyard then used the weedwacker. He finished the powerwashing while I used the self-propelled mower then weedwacked the backyard while Vince swept. Went to Aldi, I couldn't believe how much they were out of. So had to go to WalMart to get milk for Vince.

We have a front loader washing machine and after every load of laundry I don't close the door but leave it cracked open and don't have a musty smell

NYKaren - GMTA

ijromkc - welcome! PLEASE give us an easier name to call you!

katie - congrats on being in onderland

Don't know what it is, but I am so very tired. Just skimming for now

Lenora - it bugs me when I hear someone say something like "me and my friend went to the park" when it should be "my friend and I went to the park". How I remember diagramming sentences in grammar school! But that has helped me so much to determine the parts of speech the words are. So glad Cracker is getting better

CJ - have a great trip. Those pants must have been extremely amusing. What an NSV!!!

Ut oh...hot flash coming on

Sue in WA - happy anniversary

Rori - so glad the chiro was such a big help. I always make my hard boiled eggs in my pressure cooker

Michele in NC
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    NY Karen, I did not know that about leaving the top open on the HE top loading washer. Ours isn't that old and have not noticed any moldy smell but I do know that it can happen. O will see if DH and I can keep that as a habit. He's not good in developing new habits!

Well I got out of the hospital around 11:30 this morning and immediately took a nap. Really not sure why I was tired. But no shortness of breath when getting ready to eat, did not need to stay propped up until breathing and heart stopped going so hard. Enjoyed a good nap although the cat howled outside my door. With my noise machine on I didn't realize it. I was surprised that the hospital offered eye masks and noise machines to those who needed them. I don't know if they were rented or not. Well I wouldn't want to use an eye mask some one else used. While I was napping, Charlie took all 5 of my new prescriptions to Sam's Club. So now I think I have all my pill keepers right. With the Effiant you have to take for 365 days after a stent, I can't take my arthritis medicine, Aleve or Advil. I depend on my Aleve for my bursitis in my legs at night! EEEEEEEK. My blood pressure was wonderful tonight, a range I haven't seen in a long time. My heart rate was 51 and that is low. It was that when the doctor came in this morning so he cut the dose in half. So I won't start that until tomorrow.

It is freezing in the cath lab. They say it is 58 degrees. They gave me warm blankets as soon as I got in there but not long after that they pulled them off my groin area to start painting that area with whatever they paint you with. But it is also kept in that 58 degree room. Plus all the employees there were men. There is no dignity in the cath lab. The nice nurse named Dave told me to ask him if I needed anything. I really didn't want my partial plate in my mouth since this silly partial plate sucks the moisture out of my mouth. But I didn't want him sticking his hands in my mouth and try to break the suction that a partial has. So I put up with them. All throughout the procedure they tell you to breath real deep and then let it out. One time he told me to take a deep breath but never told me to release. then he told me to take a deep breath again. So I tell him in my best deep breath holding voice that I was already taking a deep breath. It was so good for me to have those muscular men pull me back on my bed to go back to my room. But then the fluids come and come and come. And the blood thinner along with the every 5 minutes automatic blood pressure cuff. Of course it is high because the cuff hurts so much. I have a huge bruise the whole circumference of my upper arm from that silly cuff. And it was every 5 minutes. But I guess that is better than the stress test when it was every 3 minutes. I was so glad when they took that thing off, took the fluids off and I could get up. They were amazed at how much pee I could produce and how often. I learned real quick how to roll like a log.

Now to wait for the bill. Today I got the letter from my insurance that they had approved the procedure. How nice. But Monday I got a letter from them that told me that they paid for an MRI 2/2015. Yep, February of 2015. And we trust these people.

OK, that is all about my procedure. So if any of you want to have one, I will tell you about it. Now I just have to have 'healthy living' so the 30% and 40% don't ever other me.

Oh, I finally made up with the cat.
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Hello Charming Chicas!

I am still not caught up - honestly, I might never be - but, if I get a spare moment, I will try to read those missing pages.

Another exotic and exciting day - Did the exercise thing and headed into work. Grooving on the celery stuffed with Laughing Cow cheese... A delight at only 45 calories per half stalk. Crunchy, creamy, delicious!

I am so late getting out of here that I will get grief from DH - but, I wanted to check in with y'all from here - because when I get home there is ALWAYS something else that must be done.... *sigh*

((((((((((((((((((

Betty – Thanks! I am not sweating the slow loss, at this point... just going to exercise until I am tough and buff. Sunflowers are so cheerful! Plus, the birds love them. :]

Charleen – LOL – not a fan of the girdle? I suppose not everyone can be. I never leave home without one...

Godschalk2 – hello and welcome.

Jane – good luck with the new doc!

Cheri – So glad DH is loving his work. That is always a good thing. And yes – eye contact in TX means at a minimum, smiling. Some folks will greet you – which is a real change from the NW where the best you can expect from eye contact is a grimace and quick eye aversion… It was an adjustment. Nice that DD has a boyfriend – and he does sound sweet. Yay! Everyone needs a sweet man in her life… Um, yeah. Moving. Done it like a thousand times. I want to move once more – into a smaller place with no outside maintenance – after that, consider me a permanent fixture! SO fun that you and your daughter are communing over your fitbits.

Rori – Hurray for proper alignment! Glad you are feeling better.

Pip - 675

Margaret – yes – particularly if you use the non-HE soap, vinegar is supposed to be the cure. Are you folks getting cooler weather down south?

Michele – Sorry you missed that cord… And I guess you can consider yourself flattered on the inappropriate moves… lol. Hope it doesn’t become a major issue. Go easy on yourself… sometimes, you just need a cookie.

Glo/WA – Gratz on the interview. I am keeping my fingers crossed that you blow them away and they can hardly stand the thought of talking to anyone else!

Katla – Good luck with the dysfunctional website!

Janet – LOL – oh, some days I WISH I had been born skinny and didn’t love food. Then I think “Nah, how much enjoyment would I have missed?”

Kay – LOL – yes. There is Glo in WA and GLo – where, I can’t recall at the moment – but it seems like somewhere in the Midwest. LOTS of wonderful gals here – and the names do get confusing. ((Hugs!)) EXCELLENT that you are firmly entrenched in Onderland! I am cheering you on for those last two pounds!

Liz – Yay for water class! No wonder you are tired.

Lenora – Ellie sounds like my kind of gal… and too funny that anyone would think they had “their chair” in Lobby. And we are definitely getting the rain here… it’s like an early fall – although a little swampier than I like. Glad DD has a job – and hope she is able to find that “better” job with all the bennies. HE is High Efficiency – those washers that barely use any water and don’t do any of the normal “washer” things that we have all been used to since the first washing machine rolled off the assembly line. I have one, now – but, I am still not in love with it. GRATZ on the 2.5 pounds. Color me jealous! :]

Kate – Goal? You have a weight goal? I think I would be constantly disappointed if I did that… that stupid Puffy Princess just keeps on hanging around – makes the number on the scale look HORRID.

Heather – Hope the voucher is still good… you can get some other fabulous thing next time. Sorry about the friend with the Gambling spouse. It is evil.. the gambler ALWAYS assumes a win is right around the corner, and they never believe they might lose. So sad. And thanks for the Hairy Dieters reference… I am always looking for a new, enticing recipe.

Allie – I am thinking this hot weather might be throwing some mildew – that might make the towels “musty” – maybe you could try some Febreeze or something, if that isn’t the case. And retirement… *sighs* a distant dream, for me. I keep telling folks I am going to have to work until I am 90.

Barbie – So glad you had a good day, all round… Hope you enjoyed that scone… sounds yummy. YAY for Jake’s speedy recovery!

Karen/VA – We buff goddesses need to stick together – and of course, EXERCISE… lol Remember – you can eat more, if you burn more. (Hugs!)

Miriam – There you go – now you have more time for working the plan. But, man… middle school… I recall a lot of teenaged drama in middle school. Good luck with that.

NYKaren - *giggling* Adopting a baby? Oh *KITTEN* no. Your DD will be fine. You know she will. Stay strong.

Tracey – I hear you on the procrastination. We push off exercise with every excuse, and then when we do it, it feels fantastic… DH and I were discussing that very thing, recently. We have decided that we are going to keep on with the exercise, no matter how sluggy we feel – because it’s sooooo easy to get off track and just stop going… we don’t want to lose all the progress we have made. Oh, and don’t sweat the birthday calories – just log them and move on. Everyone should enjoy the birthday festivities… Hatch NM produces some of the best green chili’s in the US… they are well known, and definitely loved, round these parts.

Lily – Yay! Another buff goddess. LOL – antique.. yeah any iron is practically an antique. I am with whomever said they only use it when they are sewing.

Carol – hmmm. A combination pressure cooker and slow cooker… this intrigues me. Perhaps that will be my Christmas wish for this year. They use “fixing to” here in TX, also.

Bossymom15 – Hello. I hear ya on being on a diet for all our lives. I started when I was 12… It does help to have support. And to do something that doesn’t make you too crazy – that you think you can keep up forever. LOL – and we figured out what you meant… we are all pros at Typos.

JJfromKC – NICE. Love life restarts at 59. Make it count! And here is my take on eating too much… If you want to eat, you have to MOVE. You can eat a lot more food if you do 30-45 minutes of good strenuous cardio every day. And when I drink coffee – I use half and half. Some things are just worth the extra calories. Good Luck!

DJ – Glad they can fix the window on the car without breaking the bank… That sort of thing usually costs the earth. And Oh YEAH, a great girdle is all a girl really needs, right?

SueBDew – Hello! Another TX gal… I suppose we ARE one of the heavier states… I think it’s because 1) there are 8 billion REALLY fabulous restaurants here… 2) half the time it’s too hot to move. But, we can overcome these obvious handicaps! I am in Allen. And YES – those extra 25 lbs are making a huge difference in how you feel… Lose them, and find out. That is why I got off my duff and got back to work… the knees and ankles were starting to complain, again. Welcome!

Joyce – Yep – time for Charlie to get with the program – because NONE of us is indestructible. Hope you feel up to snuff, soon, and glad you are taking care of you for a minute. So sorry about the pressure cuff. I hate those stupid things. Hope you and the cat can stay on an even keel. :]

Dwana – I might give the almond milk a try. I do like the stuff – but, I am pretty spoiled about my coffee. I actually stopped drinking it every day – and now have it more like a treat. IF I could tolerate the almond milk, I might be able to go back to drinking it more often.

Mary <3

Becca – We use our local library system a lot. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to read – but HATE having thousands of books all over the house. The library is perfect! And DH get’s all our “Television” from the library. We only watch what he records from DVD’s we check out.

CJ! – Howdy! I can’t fault you for focusing on the live people in front of you. More folks need to do more of that. TOO funny about your pants. Those airport security people have NO sense of humor.

Marcelyn – Yay for a productive day. Love the Hatch Chilis!

Sue/WA – Happy Anniversary! And YEAH, of course you go to the theatre for the popcorn! LOL.

(((((((((

*Oh - there was the disgruntled call from DH! LOL. OH, now I get out of cooking for tonight... Picking up some of the dreaded fast food. Thanks, Ladies! I hate cooking! LOL.

Hugs for Everybody!

Re in TX
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    So forgot to mention that after this stent, they put a collagen plug in that will dissolve after 90 days. I have seen to many reality stars have collagen implants put in different places. You will NOTz be seeing snap chat, Twitter, u-tube or any other kind of social media pictures of my collagen implant. It is for my eyes only. And I don't think it improved the appearance e of anything down there anyway.

Joyce, Indiana