WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2016

Options

Replies

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    <3 Thanks for the hugs and kind words! I am none the worse for having gone to work - imagine that -

Grumpypants in Virginiap0233.gif

Knew you would survive and glad to hear you did!!!

Cheri :)<3
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Rori would you please share your fish taco recipe?

Gloria in WA

I don't have a recipe, but what I make is very close to what is on SkinnyTaste.com. Love the cabbage slaw, but instead of mango, I used peaches. http://skinnytaste.com/blackened-fish-tacos-with-cabbage-mango/

Rori
    Colorado Foothills

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,715 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:
    ride hm 2 gym- 9.53min, 15.6amph, 135mhr, 2.5mi = 80c
    SPIN- 50min, 79r, 87w, 9-17g, 115ahr, 155mhr, 12.7mi = 361c
    ride gym 2 dome- 5.21min, 11.8amph, 134mhr, 1mi = 56c
    ride dome 2 hm up steep hill- 16.31min, 9.5amph, 155mhr, 2.6mi = 182c
    total cal 679
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,094 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Charleen sorry about your friend and friend's husband. I lost a good friend too this summer.

Marcelyn hope your surgery relieves your pain.

:heart: Margaret
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Did a bit of yoga, then about 15 sets of 8 bicycles with a 3 second rest in between, then the extremepump class. The plan for tomorrow is to do a 30 minute Cardio Fat Blaster (I'll do it on the spinning bike) workout. I'll probably do it twice for a total of an hour.

Gloria - that's a ab workout, isn't it???

Becca - hope your computer is fixed real soon. Miss ya

Rori - Vince's idea of "roughing it" is toasting marshmallows by the light of the TV...lol

rose - "how does everyone keep up"? I admit sometimes I skim. that's one of the reasons why it's so good when others respond. You find things that you missed. Other people just read a few pages back from where they are right now. Whatever works for you, we all understand. Congrats on that hike being easier for you! What a great NSV

Kelly - can I come on your treasure hunt??? You sneak, you, getting those kids tired out so that they take a nap!!!! Looking forward to your pics

Lenora - I'm always saddened to see people so large and then looking at what they order and eat! There is this family that comes to ceramics. they are HUGE, I mean it. They come to ceramics and we can hear them talking about how the orange (from the Cheese Doodles) is getting on their ceramic items. then they talk about where they're going to go for dinner! They almost always bring some sort of snack with them. It's sad to know so many kids are "obese". The worst part is that it's going to be harder for them to lose the weight as they get older. When I was a kid we had a big dictionary, too, along with a set of encyclopedias. I don't think they even make them any longer.

palmbaby - welcome

Karen - "the September thread" Where did the summer go to?

barbie - how wonderful of your neighbors to get together for a walk and you join them! Something about a person who cares for another ailing person just warms my heart. We had a lady in Newcomers whose husband had ALS. I can hardly imagine what she went thru. Yet she always had a sunny disposition. Knowing that her husband is going to die, how hard that must have been!

Brenda from KY - welcome!

Suebdew - welcome back! You've been missed

Lenora - Vince's birthday is Dec. 7 and when he was young, he always thought that his birthday WAS Pearl Harbor...lol I always need music to motivate me. I know there's one lady at the Y who doesn't like music at all. I need something to keep me on track or else I know that I'll start going slower

Charleen - (((HUGS))))

Jo - welcome!

Joyce - thanks for checking in. We've all been so worried.

godschalk - welcome!

Exercised then stopped at the Salvation Army. Last time I was there they had this cord that I should have gotten then but didn't. I was hoping it was still there, but it wasn't. Had the organizational meeting for the bowling. I got two medals. Then we bowled 3 free games. I'm on this team with this one guy (well, I think really two). I was on his team a while ago and he'd make inappropriate moves. At first I didn't know how to take it,. But then I learned that both bowling alleys where he bowls talked to him. He was on Vince's (all men) team last season. I think he might have toned it down, but if there's any problem I'll definitely speak up. Then went to ceramics then mahjongg.

Don't know why, but when I got home had to have a magic cookie bar and some key lime cookies. What a waste of calories!

Michele in NC
    who is at the Green Room tomorrow.
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Just a gentle reminder that being judgmental of someone's size isn't very supportive.

I wear an H cup bra and don't particularly want to read about how someone thinks an F is huge.

Just sayin'
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,715 Member
    Options
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Subdew: Welcome back! It has been a while since I've seen you post. Good to see you. :smiley:

DJ: The sailboat is complicated and I could ask sailing friends to go with me, but that is awkward when DH can't go, and it just doesn't feel like the right choice. I can't imagine how DH would feel watching us go away without him. :broken_heart: On the other hand, I can go down and sit aboard and read books or knit, and just enjoy the feeling of floating. :heart:

Gloria: Bounce in anytime. :bigsmile:

Joyce: I hope this stent makes a big difference in how well you feel. Thanks for letting us know you're okay. :heart:

Cheri: It is great that your DH loves his new job. Three cheers! :flowerforyou:

Michele: I can picture Vince toasting his marshmallow over a bic lighter while watching his favorite TV show. It puts a smile on my face. Thanks for a good image to carry in my mind. :laugh:

Dr. Katie: I agree with you about watching our comments. We're here to support each other, and negative comments are not supportive. I'm glad you spoke up. :star:

Pip: Just for you, I brought a little pi (Guaranteed to be non-fattening) 3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944592307816406286 ...
    You rock! :bigsmile:

The resale shop here in town is going out of business and had nothing that would suit my DGS. DD has a gift in mind. The company with the best price has a website that is totally dysfunctional. The company with the functional website wants twice as much for the item. Yikes. I'm planning to tackle this again tomorrow. :grumble:

I'm taking Edison's advice about this. (See below)

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Michelle - I've been meaning to tell you that I made the Quick Feta Spinach Pie when my daughters came over. However it was dry and I don't think I liked the dill. Do you do something different to this recipe from SkinnyTaste?
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    drkatiebug wrote: »
    Just a gentle reminder that being judgmental of someone's size isn't very supportive.

I wear an H cup bra and don't particularly want to read about how someone thinks an F is huge.

Just sayin'

Thanks Beth, I feel the same way. If I were born skinny and didn't love food and eating, I wouldn't be here.

Janetr OKC
  • drkatiebug
    Options
    Gloworm, congrats on the job offer. I leave the dill out of the spinach feta pie. I don't know about the dry part, but I do know that the directions don't say anything about stirring it up, but if you don't, all the spinach floats to the top and it is not good.

Janetr, I am flattered greatly to be confused with Beth, but I am Kay. I wouldn't point it out, but don't want to confuse the newbies. I'm confused enough myself. I just today realized there are two different Glos.
  • Elizabeth2360
    Elizabeth2360 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

@Glo sorry about your Dad!
    @Penny I enjoyed seeing your pictures!

Was able to go to the Y today for my water class!

Really tired today not sure why! But I am just dragging! So I am going to go to bed soon-- so good night everyone!

Liz
    Caldwell, Idaho
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Re – Your posts are so funny; you remind me of one of my DH’s aunts. She was the ‘baby’ of the family and definitely the ‘clown of the 8 children’. We all got together in Atlanta to celebrate one of the uncle’s 90th birthday at the ALF/nursing home he lived in. To accommodate all of us, we sat in one of the lobbies. Every time that a man walked through the doors she’ll call over to him, ‘Hello Darling!” In her most sexy voice. We were all sitting there and a woman walked into the group and told her “GET UP OUT OF MY CHAIR!” Ellie looked at her, leaned up and looked around at the chair and turned back and said, ‘well, I don’t see your name anywhere on this chair, so right now … it’s mine’! The woman turned on her heels and huffed off. A little while later she returned through the lobby with a man; and, Ellie called out, “Hello, Darling; remember me?” I thought that her ‘daughter’ was going to have a conniption fix. We just all knew that was just Ellie and started laughing.

Don’t get upset about your weight loss seeming slow to go down. Since you are exercising and doing well at that … remember that ‘muscle’ weighs more than ‘fat’ and that is a NSV any day and any way you look at it. I hope you are not in a part of TX that seems to be getting the rain that came though Baton Rouge, LA.

Cheri – I am so happy that you and your DH have found this move and life change to be a good thing. I’ve always been willing to pick up and go wherever my DH’s job took us; but, now I am glad that we’ve been pretty permanent as he has had his own house painting business for about 30 years. I view all you ladies as friends; so living out in the country has not been a hard pill to swallow because I feel like you’re all right here with me.

Michele in NC – We had a set of encyclopedias, too. I always had to ‘update’ them; with stickers that would refer to any ‘new’ things in each book. I don't think they actually have ‘books’ because so much can be found on the Internet.

I really like my set-up with Windows, as I have a ‘search box’ that I can go to and still stay in the program I am working with; and not have to close it out first. It helps when someone says or names something that I am not familiar with. Pops right up!

Another thing that was different when we were children versus now as our grandchildren go through life … we ‘had’ to go outside and play and find ways to entertain ourselves. Now, if it doesn’t involve some electronic device … they are bored easily. Oh, I have seen things ‘on sale/off season’ that I know I should just ‘buy it’ … go back just a few hours later and it is gone! RATS!!!!!

Drkatiebug – I will apologize and hope that you will accept my apology! My comment was thoughtless ... but, there ARE times that 'comments' back (little jabs) should probably be made in a PM. That way, if one thinks they should apologize to the world for their comments; then they can do it privately or they can post it right here.

I'm the one that made that comment and all I can say is 'sorry you were offended; it was thoughtless'. But, just because I am apologizing for a comment that I know I made ... doesn't necessarily mean that I will 'think' I am guilty of saying something that somebody else might find offensive. Life happens. SMILE! Here is a 'lemon' for lemonade. :o:#:'(<3

I've got other things to do than feel like I need to 'grovel' if I post something here.

Lenora
  • drkatiebug
    Options
    Lenora, I will accept your apology, but I want to emphasize that it was not a "little jab." I felt that perhaps everyone needed a reminder hence me keeping my comment public and not calling you by name in my original post.

I apologize to the group for creating drama. That was not my intent. Just chalk it up to a really bad day. And now I will shut up before I make it worse.
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Anyone heard anything from Sylvia lately. I've been wondering about her son and the grandkids.

Who was growing the herbs in an upright pallet this year? I would love an update and pictures. I am planning on attaching a pallet to the end of my patio table and planting in it as well. smiley-hedge-emoticon.gif
  • Katla49
    Options
  • Katla49
    Options
    <3
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK
    Good morning ladies enjoying everyone's posts It's a lovely day here in NW England
    Weighed in this morning 1lb off goal but will try to shift another 7lbs
    Have a good day