Is there anything you don't bother to log?

Options
12346»

Replies

• Leannep2201
    Leannep2201 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I don’t log water or diet soft drinks. I log herbs, spices, salt and pepper if in a recipe, if just a small sprinkle on top I don’t bother. I don’t usually log cooking spray. I do log condiments though- the balsamic dressing I put on my salads has a fair few calories!
    While I’m still losing consistently I’m not too bothered about these things. If my progress starts slowing then I will start tightening up my logging.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    st476 wrote: »
    No I log everything, even diet soda/zero calorie drinks and gum lol. Diet soda mostly so I just know how much I drank that day and because diet soda has a good amount of sodium and I like to track sodium just in case in gain weight so I can go back and see what made me retain water. I feel like you should log the oil spray though because it says 0 calories on the can but its actually around 10 calories for a 1 second spray. I'm sure you know that already but I didn't, I thought it was 0 calories before lol. :smile:

Diet soda has a good amount of sodium? Not really. Pretty small amount unless you are drinkg tona of it.
  • heavenjones7036
    heavenjones7036 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Normally anything that days it's 0 calories for a serving so like you basically. Coke zero, sweeteners, plain coffee, teas, some condiments or gum if I chew it or sometimes hard candy if I suck on like one peice lol.
  • netitheyeti
    netitheyeti Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    my unsweetened herbal tea, salt & pepper... I think I log everything else
  • HowUdish
    HowUdish Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I generally don't log things like water, gum, mints, most spices, some sauces. I try and log as much as I can and have recently been thinking of tracking my water intake but have been focusing on logging everything I eat before I log my water intake.
  • wordvalkyrie97
    wordvalkyrie97 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I do my best to log everything, including condiments and spices (except the classics, salt and pepper, because I don't have to worry about sodium right now and there is no such thing as too much pepper). My reason for logging all my sauces and condiments is because I'm tracking my sugar intake very carefully, and most condiments (ketchup, soy sauce, hot sauces, etc) have a really surprising amount of sugar in them. Once I have my metabolism more under my control and I'm more easily able to estimate portion sizes by just looking, I'll probably stop being so nit-picky.
  • jrochest
    jrochest Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Cooking spray, black unsweetened coffee and tea, diet coke or other 0 or 1 calorie drinks, my vitamins (the damned things don't have calories listed!), vinegar, hot sauce, soy sauce, mustard, artificial sweeteners as long as it's under 5 calories. Am sort of stunned by the fact that both black coffee and clear tea are listed as having calories in this database!!

I don't think calorie counts or calorie counting are actually accurate enough to be impacted by 2 calories of black coffee :)
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Mustard, reduced sugar ketchup, salsa, cooking spray, diet soda, coffee, unsweetened tea, pickles, diet juice. On the other hand I only eat back about 1/2 of my exercise calories. I'm pretty sure that will cover any lapse. Especially since I only have two or three of the unlogged foods/day.