All of you pumpkin spice aficionado's

Options

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Great idea about the pumpkin creamer in pumpkin oatmeal. I making a batch of steelcut pumpkin spice oatmeal this weekend, so I will try it. Sounds divine!

I forgot about the pumpkin spice cream cheese. I haven't seen it yet here (MN). So good!.
    aous6lffgy1c.jpeg

I just made a batch of pumpkin banana muffins yesterday, using fresh pumpkin that I had in my freezer. I tinkered with the recipe so that each muffin is about 120 cal. Not bad considering they contain real yummy butter and pecans.

Are you willing to share the recipe? I make the ones with spice cake mix and a can of pumpkin, but would like to try your pumpkin-banana.

I like using a carrot cake mix, 1/4 cup water, 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1 can of pumpkin AND 2 eggs. The water and eggs make the texture less stiff, more like a muffin (than a sponge).
  • LUHAN27
    LUHAN27 Posts: 211 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    aous6lffgy1c.jpeg

I just made a batch of pumpkin banana muffins yesterday, using fresh pumpkin that I had in my freezer. I tinkered with the recipe so that each muffin is about 120 cal. Not bad considering they contain real yummy butter and pecans.

Those look amazing and the calories sound perfect! I would also love the recipe!
  • tabbyblack13
    tabbyblack13 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I have a recipe for homemade pumpkin spice coffee creamer. I love it.
  • cinnag4225
    cinnag4225 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    The pumpkining began for us a couple weeks ago with pumpkin spice lattes. I hope those cheerios make it to Ontario. I'm looking at putting together some healthy pumpkin recipes this year to compliment my progress. :D
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    I have a recipe for homemade pumpkin spice coffee creamer. I love it.

I would like to have this recipe too! Please?
  • Hope228
    Hope228 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I would like it also. :-)
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Pumpkin spice munchkin from Dunkin Donuts. Pretty tasty, however it left a weird film on the roof of my mouth.

6j6kticq4972.jpg
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Currently eating the pumpkin pie bagel from Panera. Run, don't walk to go get one.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    The only pumpkin spice anything I get is Tim Horton's Pumpkin Spice Tea. They bring in extra boxes in their order because I not only get it on patrol, I buy boxes of it for home. I do love freshly roasted pumpkin seeds from my oven though, with lots of salt and spritzed with good olive oil.
  • juliebowman4
    juliebowman4 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Great idea about the pumpkin creamer in pumpkin oatmeal. I making a batch of steelcut pumpkin spice oatmeal this weekend, so I will try it. Sounds divine!

I forgot about the pumpkin spice cream cheese. I haven't seen it yet here (MN). So good!.
    aous6lffgy1c.jpeg

Are you willing to share the recipe? I make the ones with spice cake mix and a can of pumpkin, but would like to try your pumpkin-banana.

I'll post the link here. But I cut the snout of sugar in half and substituted with Truvia sweetener, I cut the butter in half and substituted with Becel light margarine and I cut the pecans in half
    Next time I think I'll add chopped dates. Recipe makes 24 muffins or 2 loaves (12 slices each loaf, 24 slices total)
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/pumpkin-banana-pecan-bread/

• juliebowman4
    juliebowman4 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    shinycrazy wrote: »
    Pumpkin spice munchkin from Dunkin Donuts. Pretty tasty, however it left a weird film on the roof of my mouth.

6j6kticq4972.jpg

You'll cringe when I tell you what that film is.
    It's....lard
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options

6j6kticq4972.jpg

It's....lard

What's wrong with lard?
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Guys, you're all making me get the urge to bake my own pumpkin foods. Gods I miss living where the food is.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options

6j6kticq4972.jpg

It's....lard

Actually the main fat appears to be palm oil that I could find online, not lard. Gotta have fat if you're going to fry those babies!

"Munchkin: Enriched Unbleached Wheat Flour (Wheat Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamin Mononitrate, Enzyme, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Palm Oil, Sugar, Whey (a milk derivative), Water, Soybean Oil, Egg Yolks, Contains less than 2% of the following: Leavening (Baking Soda, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Sodium Aluminum Phosphate), Pumpkin, Natural and Artificial Flavor, Defatted Soy Flour, Cinnamon, Salt, Spices, Sodium Caseinate (a milk derivative), Enzyme Modified Egg Yolks, Soy Lecithin, Skim Milk, Konjac Flour, Yellow 6, Caramel Color, Carrageenan; Glaze: Sugar, Water, Maltodextrin, Contains 2% or less of: Propylene Glycol, Mono and Diglycerides (Emulsifier), Cellulose Gum, Agar, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate (Preservative), Vanillin (an Artificial Flavor)."

There was just something off about the icing or maybe how it got cooked. Though I don't usually have that problem with munchkins, which is why I mentioned it.
  • tabbyblack13
    tabbyblack13 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    My recipe for Pumpkin Spice creamer.

1 3/4 cup of milk (any kind you want. The higher the fat content the "richer/creamier" it will taste)
    14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
    3 tablespoons of purred pumpkin
    1 teaspoon of pumpkin spice
    4 tablespoons of maple syrup
    1 teaspoon of vanilla extract

Mix and store in the fridge.

I use a blender to mix everything and store in a large blender ball mixer. What's nice about this is that you can adjust the spices to your taste.
  • BrokeBirkin
    BrokeBirkin Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    pumpkin spice cheerios sound amazing! The only store close to me (Smith's) already has a pumpkin spice display in a couple parts of the store plus more all over the place on shelves but it's all junk food! So the cheerios is exciting, I've heard Trader Joes has healthy options, but the closest one is 30 minutes away by bus. Can anyone tell me if it's worth it?!
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Variety is the pumpkin spice of life.

Everyone should do pumpkin!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    pumpkin spice cheerios sound amazing! The only store close to me (Smith's) already has a pumpkin spice display in a couple parts of the store plus more all over the place on shelves but it's all junk food! So the cheerios is exciting, I've heard Trader Joes has healthy options, but the closest one is 30 minutes away by bus. Can anyone tell me if it's worth it?!
    Go to TJs for the pumpkin spice cookie butter. I love it, but I mostly go there to splurge on stuff. I was also told by an employee that pumpkin spice almond milk will be in stock this year.

Eat a balanced diet and add whatever you want into your calories after your nutritonal needs have been met.

• guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    yall I had a pumpkin spice cheesecake milkshake from baskin robins the other day and I was amazed. In awe. amazing.
  • tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    aous6lffgy1c.jpeg

I made these tonight also. I cut back on the amount of sugar as it didn't need that much. I made half the batch with pecans like the recipe suggested and the other half with chocolate chips (I have one son who doesn't like nuts). The recipe is a real keeper! I am going to try her banana nut recipe also.