Diet sodas, Just a thought

Options
1235»

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    bcalvanese wrote: »
    Hey, I just heard it on the news one day, but didn't really pay that much attention because I don't eat or drink anything that has the words "diet", "low fat", or "low %" on the container or package. All those things mean is additional processing and/or chemicals added, and then 10 years later someone finds out that people shouldn't have been eating/drinking those things... oops.

In my opinion, if you have to be that critical with your calories, you are either eating/drinking too much junk, or not exercising enough, or both.

Diet sodas are around for 35 years. We would have heard by now if it was bad

You can't go a whole day here (Australia) without hearing on the tv or reading somewhere about the detriment of diet soda, so yes we have heard how bad it is. It's just that some people choose to believe it and others will ignore it.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Hey, I just heard it on the news one day, but didn't really pay that much attention because I don't eat or drink anything that has the words "diet", "low fat", or "low %" on the container or package. All those things mean is additional processing and/or chemicals added, and then 10 years later someone finds out that people shouldn't have been eating/drinking those things... oops.

In my opinion, if you have to be that critical with your calories, you are either eating/drinking too much junk, or not exercising enough, or both.

You can't go a whole day here (Australia) without hearing on the tv or reading somewhere about the detriment of diet soda, so yes we have heard how bad it is. It's just that some people choose to believe it and others will ignore it.

However the topic of this thread was not if they are bad for you, but rather what drinks people drink. The anti-diet soda crowd is interjecting where their comments are not wanted. This is not a debate thread.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »

However the topic of this thread was not if they are bad for you, but rather what drinks people drink. The anti-diet soda crowd is interjecting where their comments are not wanted. This is not a debate thread.

True, I'll shut up now :wink: I just had to reply to that comment, carry on.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options

Having drunk my share with Aussie friends all I can say is it doesn't matter what they drink I'm still passing out first!
  • Christine_72
    Options

Having drunk my share with Aussie friends all I can say is it doesn't matter what they drink I'm still passing out first!

:laugh: bahaha yes there are definitely some hardcore drinkers here!